UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Garmin collar ?
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pat Miltons
UKC Forum Member

Garmin collar ?

All of the sudden my Garmin is showing dog on screen even when that collar is off. I went to show/hide off screen dogs and it doesn't make a difference. Shows off screen dog no matter what?

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 09-11-2020 01:17 PM
Pat Miltons is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Pat Miltons Click here to Send Pat Miltons a Private Message Click Here to Email Pat Miltons Find more posts by Pat Miltons Add Pat Miltons to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

Hard to explain but nothing wrong.

Old Post 09-11-2020 06:08 PM
Bruce m. Conkey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bruce m. Conkey Click here to Send Bruce m. Conkey a Private Message Click Here to Email Bruce m. Conkey Visit Bruce m. Conkey's homepage! Find more posts by Bruce m. Conkey Add Bruce m. Conkey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Pat Miltons
UKC Forum Member

?

Sorry Bruce,but I'm not understanding what you mean. It's never shown dog on screen before unless the collar is turned on?

Old Post 09-11-2020 06:13 PM
Pat Miltons is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Pat Miltons Click here to Send Pat Miltons a Private Message Click Here to Email Pat Miltons Find more posts by Pat Miltons Add Pat Miltons to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

To long to explain how it is happening. If you want the dog off the map which actually normal for it to stay there until the collar is used again. Go to your compass page and go to information page for the dog you see. Then select stop tracking and then start tracking. The dog will go away.

As far as the dog offscreen. If you have selected to show off screen dogs and you take your zoom level on move your map with your finger away from that dog. Its name will appear on the edge of the screen. Now if you select don't show off screen dogs. Then his name won't appear on the edge of the screen when that dog is moved off the page.

Old Post 09-11-2020 06:31 PM
Bruce m. Conkey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bruce m. Conkey Click here to Send Bruce m. Conkey a Private Message Click Here to Email Bruce m. Conkey Visit Bruce m. Conkey's homepage! Find more posts by Bruce m. Conkey Add Bruce m. Conkey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Pat Miltons
UKC Forum Member

Ok

I'll have my wife read your post tonight when she gets home. Maybe she'll understand better than I do. A question mark appears on map screen if I turn off dog names or otherwise the dogs names appear. In over 5 years if the dogs collar was off it simply did not show on the map. I do appreciate your help, so thank you. I just dont get the sudden change and dont need to see dogs names or question Mark's if the dogs not being hunted.

Old Post 09-11-2020 06:49 PM
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

If you want that dogs name or triangle, question mark or whatever way you have it set up, off your map. Select that dog from the compass page and you should see the information page. From menu select stop tracking. Dog is gone. Also deleting that dog will remove its info.

Old Post 09-11-2020 07:13 PM
Pat Miltons
UKC Forum Member

Yes

The stop tracking worked,but I assume I'll have to turn it back on next time? The question mark/name appears right in the middle of the map. Is it because I'm at home and that's where it was last tracked? I'm stuck home till my mechanic shows up. Or I'd take off and see.

Old Post 09-11-2020 07:28 PM
Pat Miltons
UKC Forum Member

Thanks

Just thinking about what I said and that dont even seem right. I would have noticed it at home before. I'll figure it out. Thanks for helping.

Old Post 09-11-2020 07:40 PM
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

You could of just pushed the stop tracking and start tracking right away and it would have left screen. I just turned mine on at the house. There are three dogs on there that their collars were turned off 5 miles from the house. They wil be there till those collars are turned back on. They they will adjust to new location.

Old Post 09-11-2020 10:12 PM