UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > tt15 issues
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
UKC Forum Member

tt15 issues

I am new to the Alpha and tt15, so this might be easy for some.
My collar light stays solid green just one green light, seems like I am not connecting to the satellite. I went hunting the dog took off and lost connection I guess since it kept saying the dog was were I actually turned the collar on at. Any ideas??
Thanks

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 07-04-2019 05:32 AM
150 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 150 Click here to Send 150 a Private Message Click Here to Email 150 Find more posts by 150 Add 150 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

Will it turn off? How long have you had this collar and did it just start doing this. Did this perhaps happen after you tried to update. Need some background. You could try doing a master reset on it. You can google how to do that.

Old Post 07-04-2019 05:41 PM
Bruce m. Conkey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bruce m. Conkey Click here to Send Bruce m. Conkey a Private Message Click Here to Email Bruce m. Conkey Visit Bruce m. Conkey's homepage! Find more posts by Bruce m. Conkey Add Bruce m. Conkey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rolin Blues
UKC Forum Member

tt15

Will try to help. turn collar & hand held on at same time out in open country for better sat. pickup, even though I never have had trouble with Alpha in any place getting reception. Collar should beep & green light appear(get off button, when this happens). When green light starts TRIPLE blinking, it should have linked up with receiver & you should be ready to hunt. Any more questions- 563-879-3593. Take care, Ron.

Old Post 07-04-2019 05:46 PM
Rolin Blues is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rolin Blues Click here to Send Rolin Blues a Private Message Find more posts by Rolin Blues Add Rolin Blues to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
UKC Forum Member

Bruce I have had it a couple months maybe three. And I finally did get it to turn off. It now has been charging (Redlight) for 7 hrs.

Rolin, I can't seem to get sat signal as it never goes past the single light. Although last night I think I had a double blink however when I sent the dog it lost everything and seemed like it thought the collar was still at the truck. With a ? on the handheld unit.

Old Post 07-04-2019 11:04 PM
150 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 150 Click here to Send 150 a Private Message Click Here to Email 150 Find more posts by 150 Add 150 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rocketman55
UKC Forum Member

150, many folks make the mistake of turning on the collar and immediately attaching it around the dogs neck waiting for it to link while the dog is on the strap waiting to go hunting. This process has ALWAYS been a mistake for me.

If you have not already done so, try turning the collar on, placed on top of your dog box, Turn the Alpha on and place it on top of the dog box beside the collar. Time it for 3 minutes to see if the collar ever starts triple blinking.

If it does not link up to your hand held, and triple blink within 3 minutes, you probably have a problem.

I have found that my system links in less than 45 seconds, if both the collar and the hand held are placed stationary on top of my dog box. If I try to link my collar to my handheld with my collar immediately attached to the dog, I have seen it take upwards of 20 to 30 minutes before it links. It seems to me that this system doesn't like movement until after the collar and the alpha have linked up. This is just my observation as to how my system responds here where I live. Yours could be totally different. But that constant burning green light that you are experiencing does seem problematic to me.

Glouster, Ohio 45732
Home To:
Gr.Nt.Ch. Hooper Ridge Hang'em High Holly
Gr.Nt.Ch. Hooper Ridge Rockets Top Gun.
Gr.Nt.Ch.Hooper Ridge Rocket
Gr.Nt.Ch Hooper Ridge Dolly
Nt.Ch Hooper Ridge Queen
Nt.Ch Raw Dawg Rowdy
PR Tree Banging Buddy
HOOPER RIDGE ENGLISH-POUND FOR POUND THEY ARE ONE TOUGH HOUND!!!!

Old Post 07-04-2019 11:24 PM
Rocketman55 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rocketman55 Click here to Send Rocketman55 a Private Message Click Here to Email Rocketman55 Find more posts by Rocketman55 Add Rocketman55 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

Look at the rubber strap that runs from the battery box to the gps antenna. See if there is damage to that piece and the wire running through it. I would upgrade the handgeld and collar and see if that helps.

We are concentrating on the gps side of things. Ig it does pick up at truck and loose signsl. It could be the vhf antenna on collar or handheld. I would take the long vhf antenna off collar and clean the connection point.

Last edited by Bruce m. Conkey on 07-05-2019 at 02:01 AM

Old Post 07-05-2019 01:53 AM
Bruce m. Conkey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bruce m. Conkey Click here to Send Bruce m. Conkey a Private Message Click Here to Email Bruce m. Conkey Visit Bruce m. Conkey's homepage! Find more posts by Bruce m. Conkey Add Bruce m. Conkey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
UKC Forum Member

Thanks guys, I have charged it for 10 hrs light was still red while charging, took it off the charger and couldn't get it turned on. Guess it is shot.

Old Post 07-05-2019 02:46 AM
DL NH
UKC Forum Member

Had the same thing happen with one of my TT15 Minis last fall. That particular collar was 3-4 yrs. old. Sent it in to DU Supply where I bought it. Was going to be $100 to fix or I could trade it towards a new one and they'd allow me $100 towards a new one. I went with the new one.

Old Post 07-05-2019 03:06 AM
DL NH is offline Click Here to See the Profile for DL NH Click here to Send DL NH a Private Message Find more posts by DL NH Add DL NH to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
UKC Forum Member

Bruce sent you a pm

Old Post 07-05-2019 03:53 AM