UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Famous Dogs First Hand
Pages (6): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Josh Michaelis
UKC Forum Member

Re: Re: Re: Famous Dogs First Hand

quote:
Originally posted by FLYbyNIGHT
How was he such a good dog u think

Track talent and style. He had it to spare.

Xjr and Big Country are the only two dogs that wowed me for longer than a tree or two.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 03-30-2020 10:03 PM
Josh Michaelis is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Josh Michaelis Click here to Send Josh Michaelis a Private Message Click Here to Email Josh Michaelis Find more posts by Josh Michaelis Add Josh Michaelis to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

Josh I only drew whitey ( traders sire ) one time and he impressed me. And that was in Texas not up north in the coon zoo.

Tar

Old Post 03-30-2020 10:12 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
FLYbyNIGHT
UKC Forum Member

I would have loved to see these dogs work when they were pups..

That to me would be more interesting...

Like were they runnin coons at 3 months like old dogs??

Old Post 03-30-2020 10:15 PM
FLYbyNIGHT is offline Click Here to See the Profile for FLYbyNIGHT Click here to Send FLYbyNIGHT a Private Message Find more posts by FLYbyNIGHT Add FLYbyNIGHT to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

quote:

Never seen that myself.

Tar

Old Post 03-30-2020 10:22 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Josh Michaelis
UKC Forum Member

quote:

I can't speak for all but Xjr wouldn't have made it had it not been for Eldon Prettyman giving him more chances than most would have.

Old Post 03-30-2020 10:24 PM
Josh Michaelis is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Josh Michaelis Click here to Send Josh Michaelis a Private Message Click Here to Email Josh Michaelis Find more posts by Josh Michaelis Add Josh Michaelis to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
FLYbyNIGHT
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Josh Michaelis
I can't speak for all but Xjr wouldn't have made it had it not been for Eldon Prettyman giving him more chances than most would have.

??? What ya mean???

Old Post 03-30-2020 10:34 PM
FLYbyNIGHT is offline Click Here to See the Profile for FLYbyNIGHT Click here to Send FLYbyNIGHT a Private Message Find more posts by FLYbyNIGHT Add FLYbyNIGHT to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Preacher Tom
UKC Forum Member

quote:

Don't confuse early starting with being a real coon dog. One of the best I ever saw did nothing until he was two years old. If he had not been a Christmas present from the guys wife he would have been dead. When he started he was a coon dog.

Old Post 03-30-2020 10:38 PM
Preacher Tom is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Preacher Tom Click here to Send Preacher Tom a Private Message Click Here to Email Preacher Tom Find more posts by Preacher Tom Add Preacher Tom to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Mark A Warnecke
UKC Forum Member

Stylish Queen, Chirpee, Whitey, Sybert and Otto's Sarge[plott]

Old Post 03-30-2020 10:39 PM
Mark A Warnecke is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Mark A Warnecke Click here to Send Mark A Warnecke a Private Message Click Here to Email Mark A Warnecke Find more posts by Mark A Warnecke Add Mark A Warnecke to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
wart
UKC Forum Member

Dogs

Eldon gave little or nothing for x Jr. He could move any type of track but wasn't getting treed or sticking trees this is what happens when a coonhunter gets ahold a dog and really hunts them

Old Post 03-30-2020 10:46 PM
wart is offline Click Here to See the Profile for wart Click here to Send wart a Private Message Find more posts by wart Add wart to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
FLYbyNIGHT
UKC Forum Member

Re: Dogs

quote:
Originally posted by wart
Eldon gave little or nothing for x Jr. He could move any type of track but wasn't getting treed or sticking trees this is what happens when a coonhunter gets ahold a dog and really hunts them

This was when x was young?

Old Post 03-30-2020 11:05 PM
bowling
UKC Forum Member

Drew cowed creek Clint years ago

Old Post 03-31-2020 01:54 AM
bowling is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bowling Click here to Send bowling a Private Message Click Here to Email bowling Visit bowling's homepage! Find more posts by bowling Add bowling to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Josh Michaelis
UKC Forum Member

Re: Re: Dogs

quote:
This was when x was young?

I'm not for sure how old he was when Eldon got him, but I'm thinking he was closer to two before he started getting treed consistently.

Old Post 03-31-2020 03:03 AM
Josh Michaelis
UKC Forum Member

Hell on Heelz
Money in the Bank
Xjr
Wipeout 3Dee
Trader and pretty much every pup out of him
Water Oak Mable
Nocturnal Skipper
Nocturnal Tipper
Big Country
Shack
Mafia
Halftime Ruby
Money Maxed Out
Overdrive
Nocturnal Style
Bad Company
Emmy
Cold Hard B
Shot through the World
The Whole Nine Yards

I'm sure I'm forgetting several. I've been lucky over the last few years to see a lot of nice dogs get turned loose, and am even luckier to call a lot of their owners and handlers friends.

Last edited by Josh Michaelis on 03-31-2020 at 03:26 AM

Old Post 03-31-2020 03:10 AM
lonesomedog1
UKC Forum Member

Pac man
Stricker
Psycho
Gabby
Janice
Big D
Clean
Hitler
Hansom harry
Stylish little man
Spanky
Beaver lake magic
Grabers dan
Mac attack

Old Post 03-31-2020 03:16 AM
lonesomedog1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for lonesomedog1 Click here to Send lonesomedog1 a Private Message Find more posts by lonesomedog1 Add lonesomedog1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sfox91
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by bowling
Drew cowed creek Clint years ago

I grew up local to the norfleets and hunted with them, a couple dogs for them when I was young, and if they keep a dog any length of time it’s a nice one.

Been fortunate enough to have been picked around by some old school coon hunters and good dog men when I was young, and have hunted with many of the big name dogs from mid-late 90’s to current. As josh said, it’s amazing how common and pitiful they look from time to time, but they can put all the tools together needed to come out with a CW. A good hunter/handler and bring out what’s needed in a dog as well.

Old Post 03-31-2020 11:26 AM
Sfox91 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sfox91 Click here to Send Sfox91 a Private Message Click Here to Email Sfox91 Find more posts by Sfox91 Add Sfox91 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ClayBottom11
UKC Forum Member

Andy Bedgood

quote:
Originally posted by Andy Bedgood
Some that made a lasting impression for sure.

Hat Creek Phydeaux
Hat Creek Little Bit
Bad Habit
Flat Rock Coma
Silver Dollar Cracker
Hardwood Dan
Tequilla Sunrise
Tony's Wild Joy
Hardwood Henry

What kind of style did Sunrise have? I had two litter mates off of him and I’ve always been curious to hear from someone that went with him, thanks!

Last edited by ClayBottom11 on 03-31-2020 at 11:51 AM

Old Post 03-31-2020 11:43 AM
ClayBottom11 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ClayBottom11 Click here to Send ClayBottom11 a Private Message Find more posts by ClayBottom11 Add ClayBottom11 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Robert Johnson
UKC Forum Member

quote:
For anyone that has not hunted with some of the bigger winners you'll be amazed at how common they can look at times. Many just have a knack, or trait that gives them a slight edge.

The one thing most of them have is heart. Very few are more talented than just a good dog. They just want it more than the rest.

You finally said something we agree on. lol

Johnson Creek Kennels
home of:
UKC Grand Nite Champion "PR" Yadkin River Addkis. Deceased 12/11/2016 RIP

2009/2010/2011/2012 AKC GA. State Leader and Supreme Grand Nite Champion Yadkin River Addkis

2010 ACHA Georgia State Champion Grand Nite Champion Yadkin River Addkis

PKC Champion Yadkin River Addkis

Bright Eye Lights

Treeing Walkers

912-663-5287 cell (perfered)

Old Post 03-31-2020 12:49 PM
Robert Johnson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Robert Johnson Click here to Send Robert Johnson a Private Message Click Here to Email Robert Johnson Find more posts by Robert Johnson Add Robert Johnson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
FLYbyNIGHT
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Hell on Heelz
Money in the Bank
Xjr
Wipeout 3Dee
Trader and pretty much every pup out of him
Water Oak Mable
Nocturnal Skipper
Nocturnal Tipper
Big Country
Shack
Mafia
Halftime Ruby
Money Maxed Out
Overdrive
Nocturnal Style
Bad Company
Emmy
Cold Hard B
Shot through the World
The Whole Nine Yards

I'm sure I'm forgetting several. I've been lucky over the last few years to see a lot of nice dogs get turned loose, and am even luckier to call a lot of their owners and handlers friends.

Outta those ...which was most impressive??

Old Post 03-31-2020 12:49 PM
FLYbyNIGHT
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Preacher Tom
Don't confuse early starting with being a real coon dog. One of the best I ever saw did nothing until he was two years old. If he had not been a Christmas present from the guys wife he would have been dead. When he started he was a coon dog.

No confusion.. because i have seen young young dogs start split treeing at a crazy young age and keep on keepin on to being granded out at a young age...
And your right...ive seen young dogs not do much but mill around till they are after a year and some and then the switch gets turned on...then all if a sudden they are treein macines..

Thats why i dont understand folks that cull before 2 years of age..heard this too many times. " man i wish i would have kept her/him..she turned out to be a right nice hound"

I was just was wondering if some of those well known hounds were natural born prodigys thats all...

Old Post 03-31-2020 01:02 PM
Josh Michaelis
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Outta those ...which was most impressive??

Country impressed me the most.

Old Post 03-31-2020 02:10 PM
BrokeBackKennel
Banned

Half pint patty
Martins high style aka JP's high style
Pac man
Nocturnal nailer
Lipper
Stylish lipper
Yadkin tar rattler
Handsome deamon
Cobbler creek wendy
Boz
Box
Bellars ann
Flatrock coma
spiderman
Meltdown
Insane x
Hardwood dan
Cox spare time spanky
Tequilla Sunrise
Tony's Wild Joy
Wild clover
Sackett
Sackett jr
Lawyer
Adios lightning

and a bunch more!!!

Broke Back Kennels video productions

Last edited by BrokeBackKennel on 03-31-2020 at 04:24 PM

Old Post 03-31-2020 04:21 PM
BrokeBackKennel is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BrokeBackKennel Click here to Send BrokeBackKennel a Private Message Click Here to Email BrokeBackKennel Find more posts by BrokeBackKennel Add BrokeBackKennel to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
4play
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Country impressed me the most.

Big Country is probably the nicest Bluetick to ever live.

Could move the breed forward if he reproduces anything like himself!!!

Nitech Stylish Clover Shark Jill - RIP 'Ole Girl
{Great White Shark x Brush Creek Patch}

Old Post 03-31-2020 04:46 PM
4play is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 4play Click here to Send 4play a Private Message Click Here to Email 4play Find more posts by 4play Add 4play to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Charles Pullen
UKC Forum Member

Best I had the opportunity to watch was in a nite hunt was Tennessee Lead . Old George Maupin was a good handler too . But old Lead was impressive that night I hunted with him . It seems like it was yesterday. But I think George has done quit hunting.

Old Post 03-31-2020 04:55 PM
Charles Pullen is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Charles Pullen Click here to Send Charles Pullen a Private Message Click Here to Email Charles Pullen Find more posts by Charles Pullen Add Charles Pullen to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
fullhouse
Banned

As for Famous dogs I seen Hardwood Henry tree a ton of coons one night. I seen Zeb Again destroy a cast against 3 big time winning dogs and handlers one time in a prohunt. Hunted with Trackman a lot when he was 8-12 months old and was in the woods when he treed his first coon by himself. Liked him a lot as a puppy.....

Last edited by fullhouse on 03-31-2020 at 10:19 PM

Old Post 03-31-2020 10:15 PM
fullhouse is offline Click Here to See the Profile for fullhouse Click here to Send fullhouse a Private Message Find more posts by fullhouse Add fullhouse to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
FLYbyNIGHT
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by fullhouse
As for Famous dogs I seen Hardwood Henry tree a ton of coons one night. I seen Zeb Again destroy a cast against 3 big time winning dogs and handlers one time in a prohunt. Hunted with Trackman a lot when he was 8-12 months old and was in the woods when he treed his first coon by himself. Liked him a lot as a puppy.....

Man that would be cool to say

"I seen trackman tree his first coon"

Thats crazy to me

Old Post 03-31-2020 10:54 PM