UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > UKC - No Tree Countdown?
Pages (5): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Redneck Mafia
UKC Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by yadkintar
Sonny you ever heard one of the old folks say ( it ain't how much money you make its how much you save ) I think the problem with today's hounds are they got them bred so high strung to where they are unpredictable. Watch the play by plays they will be beating the brakes off everything. Then make a stupid mistake that opens the door for let's say a back packer to beat them. Less mistakes equals more wins. This is from watching the dogs competing on the highest levels.

It ain't how many points you score it's how many you keep.

From the old folks home.

Tar

Chey compares it to a football game.
The team with the least turnovers will win 9 out of 10 times. If turnovers don't happen it is going to go into who has the better coach. Good players don't mean much if they don't have a good coach calling the plays.

"TEAM MAFIA"
*NATIONAL GRNITECH GRCH GRNITECH(5) HALL OF FAME PKC PLATIUM CH REDNECK BACKWOODS SHACK
2014 OK STATE CH, 2015 MO PKC LEADER, 2016 PKC NATIONALS SEMIFINALIST, 2016 UKC TOP 20, 2O17 UKC WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 3RD PLACE, 2018 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4, 2018 MO PKC STATE CHAMPION, 2019 AUTUMN OAKS NATIONAL GRNITE CH, 2019 PKC WORLD CH SEMIFINALIST. 2021 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4.
*PKC WORLD CHAMPION PLATNIUM CHAMPION GRNITECH SHACK'S HEATHER ISLAND SOUTHERN STOGIE
2021 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2022 PKC WORLD CHAMPION, 2022 MO PKC STATE LEADER PRO SPORT TRUCK WINNER

RIP
*GRNITECH PKC SCH REDNECK MAFIA PKC HALL OF FAME REPRODUCER INDUCTED 2022
*GRNITECH CH PKC SILVER CH REDNECK SHACK ATTACK aka TAC 2018 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2020 MO PKC STATE LEADER

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 10-10-2018 03:58 PM
Redneck Mafia is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Redneck Mafia Click here to Send Redneck Mafia a Private Message Click Here to Email Redneck Mafia Find more posts by Redneck Mafia Add Redneck Mafia to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sonny Phipps
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by joey
I watched a blue gyp win the TX state hunt one night and she never treed a coon. She drew 2 coondogs on a 3 dog cast. It worked out for her to run back and forth between the 2 getting 75 on 7 coon that with her strike points gave her 975. The gyp that treed 4 lost the cast with 950. That's the reason for a count down.

That’s what I ask earlier, if this happens often then why aren’t the hunts filled with this type of dog? I personally don’t see it very often.

Old Post 10-10-2018 03:59 PM
Sonny Phipps is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sonny Phipps Click here to Send Sonny Phipps a Private Message Click Here to Email Sonny Phipps Find more posts by Sonny Phipps Add Sonny Phipps to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ed Mauney
UKC Forum Member

Yes Sir

We need the count down badly. And a stronger babbling rule or more judges willing to use the one we got.

Old Post 10-10-2018 04:23 PM
Ed Mauney is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ed Mauney Click here to Send Ed Mauney a Private Message Click Here to Email Ed Mauney Find more posts by Ed Mauney Add Ed Mauney to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nitehunter2004
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by JiM
Mr Allen, I guess that's reason I've never minded being a small timer. We can take our dogs to 8 different clubs, hunting both KC's, all of them withing an hour or so. And week in and week out, you are hunting against guys and gals you have drawn many times before. You know them, they know us and everyone is considered a friend. There will be disagreements and the occasional cast vote but things are always settled in the woods and getting it broke off in you is a rare thing that dont never get repeated

I agree, I just don’t see all this cheating that I read about happening around here!

Old Post 10-10-2018 05:50 PM
nitehunter2004 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nitehunter2004 Click here to Send nitehunter2004 a Private Message Find more posts by nitehunter2004 Add nitehunter2004 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
J I Allen
UKC Forum Member

I didn't mean for the original question on the need for a count down in UKC to turn into a question on cheating. I simply commented on the possibility that someone somewhere will possibly do what I described. I also agree that cheating is not widespread, but it does take place, sort of like being on a hunt and at the second drop the hunting judge telling the cast that after hearing everybody's dog on the first drop that he will call their dogs the rest of the hunt.

Old Post 10-10-2018 06:41 PM
J I Allen is offline Click Here to See the Profile for J I Allen Click here to Send J I Allen a Private Message Find more posts by J I Allen Add J I Allen to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jkidd1
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by J I Allen
I didn't mean for the original question on the need for a count down in UKC to turn into a question on cheating. I simply commented on the possibility that someone somewhere will possibly do what I described. I also agree that cheating is not widespread, but it does take place, sort of like being on a hunt and at the second drop the hunting judge telling the cast that after hearing everybody's dog on the first drop that he will call their dogs the rest of the hunt.

Lol wow!! funny stuff there, Is he gona take all the minus too if he calls the wrong dog?? I'd say if the other 3 agreed to that they deserved what they had coming.

Back to the original question, a tree count down is definitely needed in UKC. The Super Slam rules across the board would be good with me.

JEREMY KIDD
765-520-1552

*females*
GRNITECH' JR'S JANEY
(Xjr X Insane Jane)

GRNITECH ST. JOHN'S STYLISH REX
(Ol south stylish Rebel X Janey)

GRNITECH' AFTER DARK'S JAN-IT
(Sweat It X Janey)

DUAL GRNITE' LONETREE LEGEND (R.I.P.)
(Noct. Style X Southern Sky)

GRNITECH' STYLISH LITTLE PEG(R.I.P.)
(Trackman X Browns Little Peg)

GRNITECH 'PR' JANEY'S GOTTA GUN
(Wild Card X Jr's Janey)

NITECH ‘PR’ REBELS STYLISH MOJA
(Ol Souths Stylish Rebel X Janey)

AFTER DARK’S PURDY PENNY
(Big $$ X Janit)

NITECH' SEVEN MILE SLOOPY(R.I.P.)
(Skipper x Big time Trixie)

Proud UNION JOURNEYMAN LINEMAN
https://i.postimg.cc/654pWfzm/IMG-1920.png
I.B.E.W. LOCAL 1393

Old Post 10-10-2018 06:57 PM
jkidd1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jkidd1 Click here to Send jkidd1 a Private Message Click Here to Email jkidd1 Find more posts by jkidd1 Add jkidd1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nitehunter2004
UKC Forum Member

Who makes rule changes, Names, Phone Number, how do we contact them?

Old Post 10-10-2018 08:29 PM
nitehunter2004 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nitehunter2004 Click here to Send nitehunter2004 a Private Message Find more posts by nitehunter2004 Add nitehunter2004 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bob Hennessey
UKC Forum Member

Aren't rule changes made every 3 years? At least that's the way it's been. If so Next rule change ( actual hunt rules change) will be voted on by breed reps. at Autumn Oaks next year and take effect Jan, 1st 2020.

Old Post 10-10-2018 09:31 PM
Bob Hennessey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bob Hennessey Click here to Send Bob Hennessey a Private Message Find more posts by Bob Hennessey Add Bob Hennessey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nitehunter2004
UKC Forum Member

Who is the breed reps? How did they become a breed rep? Did they get voted in or chosen?

Old Post 10-10-2018 09:38 PM
shane_atchison
UKC Forum Member

The real question is "why do breed reps vote on comp. rule changes?" I understand letting them vote on breed issues, but let comp. hunters vote on the rules pertaining to the hunts..

Old Post 10-10-2018 10:39 PM
shane_atchison is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shane_atchison Click here to Send shane_atchison a Private Message Click Here to Email shane_atchison Find more posts by shane_atchison Add shane_atchison to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bob Hennessey
UKC Forum Member

There are 7 Chartered breed assoc. in the UKC. Each one have a vote on rule changes that are presented at the Rules meeting during A.O. I believe each breed assoc. present rule changes that their members would like to see. You would have to belong to a breed assoc. B&T, LEOPARD, BLUETICK, ENGLISH, PLOTT, REDBONE, TREEING WALKER. I'm not sure how the reps. are chosen, but I would think it would be at each breeds National Hunt.

Old Post 10-11-2018 12:53 AM
Bob Hennessey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bob Hennessey Click here to Send Bob Hennessey a Private Message Find more posts by Bob Hennessey Add Bob Hennessey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Billy George
UKC Forum Member

So all who want a tree countdown,are you willing to drop first tree to 100?

From 125 to 50 in a minute,seems like alot....

PR B and B's Smokin' Willie

"PR"B and B's Coon Doctor
( Gr.Nite Ch.Bee Creek Dr.Max xGr.Nite Ch. Moonshine Maggie)

Past Home of:

Nite Ch. "PR"B and B's Smokin' Misty (2007-2018)

Nite Ch B&B's Black Hoss (1992-2003)

Nite Ch.Gr.Ch. Shaker Hill Mr. Grubbs (2003-2011)

Old Post 10-11-2018 01:06 AM
Billy George is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Billy George Click here to Send Billy George a Private Message Click Here to Email Billy George Visit Billy George's homepage! Find more posts by Billy George Add Billy George to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nitehunter2004
UKC Forum Member

Heck We don’t even know who to lobby to get a rule change LMBO!

Old Post 10-11-2018 01:22 AM
Redneck Mafia
UKC Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Billy George

The idea most have is to do like the Super Slams have been using successfully for a few years now. Points are the same but after 2 minutes the most you can get is 25 up until then 75 and 50 are still available. The point is to reward the dog that treed first the most to gain or lose. Those that are slower track dogs or just flat out me-too trees to not be able to tree in for 75 up to 4:59. Someone mentioned earlier some dogs may take longer being sure and checking the tree none take that long, it is a competition.
It's easy for a judge that is already the 5 to say when 2 minutes is gone from a tree.

"TEAM MAFIA"
*NATIONAL GRNITECH GRCH GRNITECH(5) HALL OF FAME PKC PLATIUM CH REDNECK BACKWOODS SHACK
2014 OK STATE CH, 2015 MO PKC LEADER, 2016 PKC NATIONALS SEMIFINALIST, 2016 UKC TOP 20, 2O17 UKC WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 3RD PLACE, 2018 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4, 2018 MO PKC STATE CHAMPION, 2019 AUTUMN OAKS NATIONAL GRNITE CH, 2019 PKC WORLD CH SEMIFINALIST. 2021 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4.
*PKC WORLD CHAMPION PLATNIUM CHAMPION GRNITECH SHACK'S HEATHER ISLAND SOUTHERN STOGIE
2021 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2022 PKC WORLD CHAMPION, 2022 MO PKC STATE LEADER PRO SPORT TRUCK WINNER

RIP
*GRNITECH PKC SCH REDNECK MAFIA PKC HALL OF FAME REPRODUCER INDUCTED 2022
*GRNITECH CH PKC SILVER CH REDNECK SHACK ATTACK aka TAC 2018 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2020 MO PKC STATE LEADER

Old Post 10-11-2018 01:52 AM
Redneck Mafia is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Redneck Mafia Click here to Send Redneck Mafia a Private Message Click Here to Email Redneck Mafia Find more posts by Redneck Mafia Add Redneck Mafia to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
AndyMiller
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by yadkintar
Because if you hunt honest strike dogs :

25 strike and 125 tree = 150

100 strike and 75 tree at 4 minutes is 175.

Strike them on the babble and lean on you all night that's why !!

Tar

YOU CAN WIN WITH A LOW END STRIKE DOG
I,VE SEEN IT
I,VE DONE IT
THE SAME DOG WILL NOT ALWAYS GET THE 75 TREE ...
IF YOU HAVE 2 BACKERS ..
THEY R GOING TO MESS UP AND AND 1 WILL GET FIRST STRIKE
NEXT CUT THE OTHER WILL GET FIRST ..
A TIGHT MOUTH DOG THATS BY HIM SELF IS FUN
U CAN STRIKE AND TREE HIM ...B 4 THE OTHERS KNOW WHAT HAPPENED ,,,BUT IT IS ALSO FUN TO HAVE AN HONEST FIRST STRIKE DOG,,,,,
ONE THING UKC NEEDS TO CHANGE IS THE 2 MINUTE RULE TO SQUALL ,,,I SCRATCHED MYSELF ,,,, FOR DOING IT ,,,
WHAT THE H... IS THE DIFFERENCE 0 MINUTES .. OR 2
IT,S A STUPID RULE IMO

Old Post 10-11-2018 02:27 AM
AndyMiller is offline Click Here to See the Profile for AndyMiller Click here to Send AndyMiller a Private Message Click Here to Email AndyMiller Find more posts by AndyMiller Add AndyMiller to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ov_blues
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Bob Hennessey
There are 7 Chartered breed assoc. in the UKC. Each one have a vote on rule changes that are presented at the Rules meeting during A.O. I believe each breed assoc. present rule changes that their members would like to see. You would have to belong to a breed assoc. B&T, LEOPARD, BLUETICK, ENGLISH, PLOTT, REDBONE, TREEING WALKER. I'm not sure how the reps. are chosen, but I would think it would be at each breeds National Hunt.

From what I have heard at the last rules meeting the bluetick breed reps presented the proposal for a tree coundown and then voted against it when it came up for the actual vote and the proposal wasn’t passed by one vote. If that is true, the system in place doesn’t always work the way that it should.

Old Post 10-11-2018 03:48 AM
ov_blues is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ov_blues Click here to Send ov_blues a Private Message Click Here to Email ov_blues Find more posts by ov_blues Add ov_blues to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
swamp1
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by Billy George

yeah, lets do that,seems fair enough. Thats what I thought. Put 2 minutes on the strike too,25 after that. That should balance everything out about equal. Lol.

Old Post 10-11-2018 04:08 AM
swamp1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for swamp1 Click here to Send swamp1 a Private Message Find more posts by swamp1 Add swamp1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
daniel urffer
UKC Forum Member

Get rid of the strike completely, first tree for 100 and everything after that trees for 25... I bet people start breeding for coon treer's then instead of technicality dogs. I like a first strike dog personally but I believe that a dog that trees the most coons should win, I believe a first tree should be worth more then a first strike, and I also believe that you should take away any chance of a me twoing idiot winning a cast hence all trees but first tree in at 25.

Old Post 10-11-2018 05:18 AM
daniel urffer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for daniel urffer Click here to Send daniel urffer a Private Message Click Here to Email daniel urffer Find more posts by daniel urffer Add daniel urffer to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nitehunter2004
UKC Forum Member

So no one can name there breed reps? the few that make the rules?

Old Post 10-11-2018 11:24 AM
Sonny Phipps
UKC Forum Member

Scratch any dog that has been treeing, but has not open( to insure there are no silent dogs).

This is very hard to enforce because you can strike on a locate and wait to tree when you want to and it’s hard to “prove” when the dog treed.

Old Post 10-11-2018 11:55 AM
Sonny Phipps is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sonny Phipps Click here to Send Sonny Phipps a Private Message Click Here to Email Sonny Phipps Find more posts by Sonny Phipps Add Sonny Phipps to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JiM
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Sonny Phipps
Scratch any dog that has been treeing, but has not open( to insure there are no silent dogs).

This is very hard to enforce because you can strike on a locate and wait to tree when you want to and it’s hard to “prove” when the dog treed.

It's not possible to prove much of anything in a coon hunt and that is probably why there is no mention in the rule book of ever having to prove anything in the course of enforcing the rules.

AKC/UKC GrNtCh Sizemore's Timber Jam Jessi 12/21/04 to 1/21/2011 R.I.P.

Old Post 10-11-2018 01:09 PM
JiM is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JiM Click here to Send JiM a Private Message Click Here to Email JiM Find more posts by JiM Add JiM to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

Then again I say your getting spotted 75 strike points with a silent dog if you can't beat him the problem is on the end of your leash !!

Tar

Old Post 10-11-2018 01:19 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shane_atchison
UKC Forum Member

Close the tree after 2min. Any dog thats that far behind deserves no points regardless of where its struck..

Old Post 10-11-2018 01:37 PM
shane_atchison is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shane_atchison Click here to Send shane_atchison a Private Message Click Here to Email shane_atchison Find more posts by shane_atchison Add shane_atchison to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bill(Chew)
UKC Forum Member

Of all the cast I've been on since 1974 I've only been beaten by a "ME-TO'er" once. And would not have been beaten by him if he had not been ill and light broke.

I am against the count-down tree points. If my dog does not get 1st tree and there are no other dogs at the tree I will wait until the last to claim second tree. This is to give your dog a chance to leave; and it won't be because my dog forced it to leave. I quit hunting a dog if it causes trouble at the tree.

Breed Reps for the rules committee are usually picked from the officers and board members and most are avid competitors.

Old Post 10-11-2018 02:31 PM
Bill(Chew) is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bill(Chew) Click here to Send Bill(Chew) a Private Message Click Here to Email Bill(Chew) Find more posts by Bill(Chew) Add Bill(Chew) to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
swamp1
Banned

I'm with ya!

Leave it like it is. Scoring changes ain't gonna solve nothing.

Old Post 10-11-2018 05:16 PM
swamp1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for swamp1 Click here to Send swamp1 a Private Message Find more posts by swamp1 Add swamp1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote