UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Off Topic > 2018 MLB Contest & Conversation
Pages (6): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
wbond
UKC Forum Member

Talking Yankees

For some strange reason starting last night I have found myself cheering on the Yankees

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have"

Thomas Jefferson

"My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government."
Thomas Jefferson

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 06-14-2018 01:10 AM
wbond is offline Click Here to See the Profile for wbond Click here to Send wbond a Private Message Click Here to Email wbond Find more posts by wbond Add wbond to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dlinkous
UKC Forum Member

Well that explains the pin striped flag flying in your yard

Old Post 06-14-2018 01:59 AM
dlinkous is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dlinkous Click here to Send dlinkous a Private Message Find more posts by dlinkous Add dlinkous to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
wbond
UKC Forum Member

Them sorry no good Yankees can't even beat the Nationals

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have"

Thomas Jefferson

"My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government."
Thomas Jefferson

Old Post 06-14-2018 03:55 AM
wbond is offline Click Here to See the Profile for wbond Click here to Send wbond a Private Message Click Here to Email wbond Find more posts by wbond Add wbond to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Cliff Thornburg
UKC Forum Member

Hate to see Miggy tear a muscle on tv.

Old Post 06-14-2018 02:49 PM
Cliff Thornburg is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff Thornburg Click here to Send Cliff Thornburg a Private Message Visit Cliff Thornburg's homepage! Find more posts by Cliff Thornburg Add Cliff Thornburg to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
wbond
UKC Forum Member

Looks like it's time to jump on that Blue Jay wagon

Thomas Jefferson

Thomas Jefferson

Old Post 06-14-2018 05:28 PM
Donnie Stevens
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by wbond
Looks like it's time to jump on that Blue Jay wagon

You musta missed the last series in Tampa lol. I watch most of their games and it's gettin hard to watch

Old Post 06-14-2018 07:15 PM
Donnie Stevens is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Donnie Stevens Click here to Send Donnie Stevens a Private Message Find more posts by Donnie Stevens Add Donnie Stevens to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
wbond
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Donnie Stevens
You musta missed the last series in Tampa lol. I watch most of their games and it's gettin hard to watch

You don't think they can beat the Nationals ? Boy I hope so

Thomas Jefferson

Thomas Jefferson

Old Post 06-15-2018 12:16 AM
JR Collins
UKC Forum Member

Talking Nats

Bond, why do you got to pick on the Nats? They would be great if they can get rid of Harper. I can't wait for him to go to the yanks or the cubs or anywhere else.
Go Nats, go away Harper.

Old Post 06-15-2018 02:05 AM
JR Collins is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JR Collins Click here to Send JR Collins a Private Message Click Here to Email JR Collins Find more posts by JR Collins Add JR Collins to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Donnie Stevens
UKC Forum Member

quote:
You don't think they can beat the Nationals ? Boy I hope so

I'm hoping with ya lol. It's a funny game.

I think they're a couple bad series away from cleaning house.

Old Post 06-15-2018 02:35 AM
Donnie Stevens is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Donnie Stevens Click here to Send Donnie Stevens a Private Message Find more posts by Donnie Stevens Add Donnie Stevens to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
wbond
UKC Forum Member

Re: Nats

quote:
Originally posted by JR Collins
Bond, why do you got to pick on the Nats? They would be great if they can get rid of Harper. I can't wait for him to go to the yanks or the cubs or anywhere else.
Go Nats, go away Harper.

Linkous will be upset if Harper leaves the Nat's that is his favourite player

Braves up a game and a half Go Braves and go Jay's at least this weekend anyway

Is the American League Central the worst division in the MLB

Thomas Jefferson

Thomas Jefferson

Old Post 06-15-2018 03:52 AM
Donnie Stevens
UKC Forum Member

mr Bond

I see the schedule shows the Braves coming to Toronto
for a couple games tues-wed

Old Post 06-16-2018 12:02 AM
wbond
UKC Forum Member

Yep but I will be pulling for.the Braves than

Thomas Jefferson

Thomas Jefferson

Old Post 06-16-2018 05:50 AM
Donnie Stevens
UKC Forum Member

Mr Bond good news is Jays swept the Nationals
Bad news is your Braves are next
See ya Tues night...

Old Post 06-18-2018 04:59 AM
wbond
UKC Forum Member

Nat's just put Murphy in at second how much you wanna bet he boots the first one hit to him

Thomas Jefferson

Thomas Jefferson

Old Post 06-19-2018 02:55 AM
Cliff Thornburg
UKC Forum Member

Natationals just got a terrific upgrade.

I hope this turns out better for royals than the Scott podsednick trade.

Old Post 06-19-2018 04:53 AM
Cliff Thornburg is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff Thornburg Click here to Send Cliff Thornburg a Private Message Visit Cliff Thornburg's homepage! Find more posts by Cliff Thornburg Add Cliff Thornburg to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
wbond
UKC Forum Member

Talking Score

Anybody know the score in the Braves Blue Jay's game ?

Thomas Jefferson

Thomas Jefferson

Old Post 06-20-2018 03:29 AM
Todd K / UKC
Administrator

Re: Re: Nats

quote:

Is the American League Central the worst division in the MLB

Thankfully Yes.

Old Post 06-20-2018 01:42 PM
Todd K / UKC is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Todd K / UKC Click here to Send Todd K / UKC a Private Message Click Here to Email Todd K / UKC Find more posts by Todd K / UKC Add Todd K / UKC to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Cliff Thornburg
UKC Forum Member

Re: Re: Re: Nats

quote:
Originally posted by Todd K / UKC
Thankfully Yes.

Has Mahtook been called back up and playing? Didn’t really see point in sending him down with that team.

Old Post 06-20-2018 02:22 PM
Donnie Stevens
UKC Forum Member

Re: Score

quote:
Anybody know the score in the Braves Blue Jay's game ?

After Garcia hung that breaking ball for a grand slam early i decided I best get to the woods

Happ starting today I like those odds better

Old Post 06-20-2018 07:37 PM
wbond
UKC Forum Member

Happ got it done I hoppng they would have already traded him to the Yankees

Thomas Jefferson

Thomas Jefferson

Old Post 06-20-2018 09:56 PM
Cliff Thornburg
UKC Forum Member

Adrian Beltre and Miguel Cabrera are within a couple home runs of each other. Who ends their career with more?

Old Post 06-20-2018 11:22 PM
Todd K / UKC
Administrator

quote:
Originally posted by Cliff Thornburg
Adrian Beltre and Miguel Cabrera are within a couple home runs of each other. Who ends their career with more?

I would guess whoever stays the most healthy so I would not bet on it being Cabrera.

The sad thing is, I don't even miss him. As long as we are starting over, I'd rather see more playing time for the young players. They make mistakes but at least they can run?! Cabrera and V Mart were great in their day but like Linkous, their best days are behind them and they becoming overpaid liabilities. lol

Old Post 06-21-2018 04:04 PM
Todd K / UKC is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Todd K / UKC Click here to Send Todd K / UKC a Private Message Click Here to Email Todd K / UKC Find more posts by Todd K / UKC Add Todd K / UKC to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dlinkous
UKC Forum Member

hey now I have been good and not stirred any of the pots...but your right on the getting old, never had known anything about being over paid though but as I am older maybe a little wiser since I found out Todd is the man. He can shoot straighter, kill bigger deer, has some of the best bird dogs and is the turkey king along with bring home some big fish

Go Braves...still in first place

That should jinx them!

Linkous

Old Post 06-21-2018 04:16 PM
dlinkous is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dlinkous Click here to Send dlinkous a Private Message Find more posts by dlinkous Add dlinkous to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Cliff Thornburg
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Todd K / UKC
I would guess whoever stays the most healthy so I would not bet on it being Cabrera.

The sad thing is, I don't even miss him. As long as we are starting over, I'd rather see more playing time for the young players. They make mistakes but at least they can run?! Cabrera and V Mart were great in their day but like Linkous, their best days are behind them and they becoming overpaid liabilities. lol

It is strange. We won a World Series (royals) and yet we never have had a super star bat. The closest you could say since Mike Sweeney is Billy Butler. As much fun as people had with billy there hasn’t been a royal since to match offensively.

We had a good year from Kendrys Morales.
I still enjoy seeing world class talent bat and we don’t have that.
When Mike trout or miggy at bat, it is important. It is more important than up and coming hitters to me. Let them softly roll over in AAA.

Long rant but i cancelled my directv at my shop last night. Had it since 2014. I had it strictly for baseball so I could watch while I was feeding my dogs and working on vehicles. I realized that if the Royals aren’t going to invest any more in the club, I wasn’t either. I can listen onthe radio but the money stops. Dan Glass when you start paying out I will.
If you start out the year, without injuries, Without enough pitching, you are purposefully acting in bad faith.

Only in America does sports put an incentive on losing. You lose, you get higher draft picks. Why? In Europe and other regions you incentivize winning. In soccer you go down to an inferior league if you suck long enough.
The Royals should absolutely be playing in the pacific league or KBO this year. The Browns should be playing in the CFL. Then when their drunk owner loses the franchise due to profit problems, a real owner can be afforded an opportunity.
There is a lot of meaningless games that would be much more entertaining if we put more an emphasis on winning regardless of standings. I am not asking to win every year. I am asking to put forth a team in good faith. That is all. Some years below .500. Sometimes above but a roster that if enough goes your way it is interesting in September.
Tell someone with more patience about rebuilding by drafting a bunch of kids while everyone is spending har earned money money going to games. Because it is a lie.
Most f every championship team is not some great rebuild. It is an owner opening up a wallet and a shrewd gm.
Did the royals win suddenly because of some great rebuild? I don’t think so. Mike Moustakas and Eric Hosmer are fine layers but easily obtainable. There wal-mart owner finally opened the coffer and luck went their way. Didn’t have pitching for years. Pitching takes money. Bought pitching and then started winning. What a rebuild.

Old Post 06-21-2018 07:29 PM
Todd K / UKC
Administrator

quote:
Originally posted by Cliff Thornburg
In soccer you go down to an inferior league if you suck long enough.

Is that how Linkous ended up in the under-hand division? Now I understand.

Old Post 06-26-2018 05:20 PM