UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Off Topic > Old Prospectors Cabin
Pages (19): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
chuck west
UKC Forum Member

http://www.goldfeverprospecting.com/gopaandprmi.html

Info and a glossary of words you probably read or hear someone say .

Gold Life member of G.P.A.A. #257936
Member of The Lost Dutchman's Mining Association #02890729

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 04-29-2013 09:32 PM
chuck west is offline Click Here to See the Profile for chuck west Click here to Send chuck west a Private Message Find more posts by chuck west Add chuck west to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
chuck west
UKC Forum Member

http://www.buckeyegold.com/

I was just checking on the price of Gold this morning .

Old Post 04-30-2013 11:40 AM
chuck west is offline Click Here to See the Profile for chuck west Click here to Send chuck west a Private Message Find more posts by chuck west Add chuck west to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
chuck west
UKC Forum Member

http://www.goldfeverprospecting.com/medeforgonu.html

Here are some really good detectors GaDawg ,, I might break down and buy one with a waterproof search coil head . I've seen guys using some that aren't waterproof ,they stick the head in a plastic bag pulled up the shaft with a zip tie to hold it in place .

Old Post 05-05-2013 06:57 PM
chuck west
UKC Forum Member

http://ep.yimg.com/ca/I/yhst-892708...6_2259_29975736

Check this nugget out !!

Old Post 05-06-2013 04:04 PM
chuck west
UKC Forum Member

http://felixpaydirt.com/video.html

Here is an interesting video of a guy using an old metal pan,,different technique from a plastic pan . OK you have to watch Felix's ad for his gold sales. then you can watch all kinds of gold panning videos .

Last edited by chuck west on 05-06-2013 at 05:10 PM

Old Post 05-06-2013 05:07 PM
chuck west
UKC Forum Member

http://www.goldhog.com/gem_identification_chart.htm

Some pretty rocks to look at that you can find out in your local creeks ,I'll see if I can get some pics of them .

Old Post 05-07-2013 04:28 PM
chuck west
UKC Forum Member

http://www.valdezmuseum.org/names/

Did anyones relatives go looking for gold in the big rush to Alaska ? Check it out ,I just now stumbled onto this link .

Old Post 05-08-2013 05:35 PM
mike shannon
UKC Forum Member

NITECH CH HTX PR SHANNON'S HILLBILLY CHIEF 6 CAST WINS
PR SHANNON’S HILLBILLY LUCIE
PR SHANNON’S HILLBILLY MAXIE

If you can read this thank a TEACHER
If you can read this in English, thank a VETERAN

www.freewebs.com/shannonshowmekennels

United States Army Retired

Old Post 05-11-2013 02:51 AM
mike shannon is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mike shannon Click here to Send mike shannon a Private Message Click Here to Email mike shannon Find more posts by mike shannon Add mike shannon to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
chuck west
UKC Forum Member

http://ep.yimg.com/ca/I/yhst-892708...6_2259_29975736

Nice ,,man really nice .

Old Post 05-11-2013 09:49 PM
GA DAWG
UKC Forum Member

I just offered a Feller $150 for a garrett ace 350 detector. Not so much for gold but to just mess with and learn. Reviews seemed pretty good on it. We are still a good ways apart on price but I ain't caving in lol.

Old Post 05-11-2013 10:00 PM
GA DAWG is offline Click Here to See the Profile for GA DAWG Click here to Send GA DAWG a Private Message Click Here to Email GA DAWG Find more posts by GA DAWG Add GA DAWG to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
chuck west
UKC Forum Member

http://www.goldfeverprospecting.blogspot.com/ This has a link to some gold shows ,I think I'm going to go to 2 of them .

Old Post 05-11-2013 10:43 PM
chuck west
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by GA DAWG
I just offered a Feller $150 for a garrett ace 350 detector. Not so much for gold but to just mess with and learn. Reviews seemed pretty good on it. We are still a good ways apart on price but I ain't caving in lol.
Get rough with him DAWG ,,Tell him the way it is !

Old Post 05-11-2013 10:45 PM
GA DAWG
UKC Forum Member

Im now the proud owner of it. I figured they'd see it my way. He ain't delivering though. I got to meet him in town lol.

Old Post 05-11-2013 11:53 PM
GA DAWG is offline Click Here to See the Profile for GA DAWG Click here to Send GA DAWG a Private Message Click Here to Email GA DAWG Find more posts by GA DAWG Add GA DAWG to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
chuck west
UKC Forum Member

Congrats ,I'm sure you will find something with it. There are way too many Civil War battle /skirmish sites not to find some relics .

Old Post 05-12-2013 12:02 AM
GA DAWG
UKC Forum Member

I got a old liquor still here behind the house. Im gonna search there first. Maybe they buried some money

Old Post 05-12-2013 12:15 AM
chuck west
UKC Forum Member

Or a jug of hootch ,,,lol

Old Post 05-12-2013 12:25 AM
chuck west
UKC Forum Member

http://www.goldfeverprospecting.com/nocagoprandg.html

This should be a map of the Carolinas and their gold vein . If anyonr has any questions don't be afraid to ask them ,I'll answer them or I've more than likely have got it researched .

Old Post 05-12-2013 04:15 AM
chuck west
UKC Forum Member

http://www.goldfeverprospecting.com/nocagoprandg.html How about "Roll Tide Roll" Alabama .

Old Post 05-12-2013 04:20 AM
chuck west
UKC Forum Member

http://ep.yimg.com/ca/I/yhst-8927086896656_2259_2043962 Glacial Gold deposits ,can be found in many,many counties in Ohio .

Old Post 05-12-2013 05:11 PM
chuck west
UKC Forum Member

http://www.goldfeverprospecting.com/whtofigoinun.html Several states listed here .

Old Post 05-12-2013 05:17 PM
chuck west
UKC Forum Member

http://www.dnr.state.oh.us/Portals/...acts/geof09.pdf

Here is article about Ohio and a map showing where the glaciers plowed and pushed gold south out of Canada . I liked chasing those old hounds up those creeks , stop on a gravel bar and dig a couple of holes out in them ,pull my magnet out of my pocket stick it in the sand and gravel looking to see how much magnetic black sand on the magnet .This heavy black sand will be found where you find gold,It's a very good indicator as to where to look and dig for gold . Gold Fever ,once you catch it there is no cure for it .

Old Post 05-13-2013 06:58 PM
chuck west
UKC Forum Member

http://www.goldfeverprospecting.com/migopaandpr.html

How about Michigan ,, Anybody interested in it? Yeah ,I am,,,lol.

Old Post 05-14-2013 06:09 PM
GA DAWG
UKC Forum Member

Hey,I ain't found no treasures yet with my metal detector lol...I've about figured out. Im gonna have to read the instruction booklet.

Old Post 05-15-2013 12:24 AM
chuck west
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by GA DAWG
Hey,I ain't found no treasures yet with my metal detector lol...I've about figured out. Im gonna have to read the instruction booklet.
How deep will it find something ? Is the search coil/ head waterproof ? Garrett Ace 350 ,,I'll check it out .

Old Post 05-15-2013 04:25 AM
skeets
UKC Forum Member

mr.west i have a fisher m-scope metal detector i got from my uncle when he passed away.so far ive found plenty of cans and nails but no gold.is this metal detector any good for finding gold?thank you

Old Post 05-15-2013 09:14 AM
skeets is offline Click Here to See the Profile for skeets Click here to Send skeets a Private Message Click Here to Email skeets Find more posts by skeets Add skeets to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote