UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Off Topic > Old Prospectors Cabin
Pages (19): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
chuck west
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by marpal
How about Oklahoma, other than the black variety .
I'll let you know a little bit later ,maybe tomorrow ,OK?

Gold Life member of G.P.A.A. #257936
Member of The Lost Dutchman's Mining Association #02890729

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 04-07-2013 02:30 AM
chuck west is offline Click Here to See the Profile for chuck west Click here to Send chuck west a Private Message Find more posts by chuck west Add chuck west to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
chuck west
UKC Forum Member

http://www.goldprospectorsokc.com/

See if this helps you marpal ,if you need more info I will need to dig a little deeper .

Old Post 04-07-2013 04:06 PM
chuck west is offline Click Here to See the Profile for chuck west Click here to Send chuck west a Private Message Find more posts by chuck west Add chuck west to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
chuck west
UKC Forum Member

Today is the this old Prospectors B-day ,,,I think I'll meander down to a couple of local small streams to "look" things over .

Old Post 04-09-2013 02:41 PM
skeets
UKC Forum Member

happy birthday mr.west,hope you have a great day.

Old Post 04-10-2013 10:34 AM
skeets is offline Click Here to See the Profile for skeets Click here to Send skeets a Private Message Click Here to Email skeets Find more posts by skeets Add skeets to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
chuck west
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by skeets
happy birthday mr.west,hope you have a great day.
Thank You mr. skeets ,,I'm still bloated up from the B- day party that they took me too at Outback ,,, Never saw a kangaroo one or a boomerang ,,,Boomerangs are fun to play with . I need to get me another ,my last wife took my other 2 in the divorce !! Women can sometimes be a little strange !! lol

Old Post 04-10-2013 03:32 PM
skeets
UKC Forum Member

lol mr.west,ive tried to fool with those boomerangs but i could never get them to come back to me,maybe i wasnt holding my mouth right or something lol.my x took my splitting maul with her,i dont know why she thought she would need it cause she sure never needed it before.

Old Post 04-11-2013 01:38 PM
skeets is offline Click Here to See the Profile for skeets Click here to Send skeets a Private Message Click Here to Email skeets Find more posts by skeets Add skeets to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
chuck west
UKC Forum Member

Mr. skeets ,Ga. Dawg , ccasper,,if you guys get any thing you want to post that you find out prospecting ,you can put your pics on here . Even if its just an interesting looking rock that might have some gold in it take a few pics of it and lets see it ,,I will tell you right now keep a sharp eye open for Quartz rock . Gold and quartz rock can be found together in the same "vein" or "paystreak ",I've got some samples I will post later on of smokey colored,rose colored,and white quartz . But I have found garnets ,rubies ,diamonds ,jade and emeralds . But I am telling you the truth when I say" its out there ",I mean it . Just observe the local laws when you prospect ,get permission from landowners and enjoy a great hobby outdoors ,,,lol, its raining here now or I would be out there .

Last edited by chuck west on 04-11-2013 at 05:02 PM

Old Post 04-11-2013 04:36 PM
chuck west
UKC Forum Member

If anyone has some pics of gold or some othe item you found prospecting post your pics and ask questions about this hobby .

Old Post 04-11-2013 11:29 PM
chuck west
UKC Forum Member

http://www.goldhog.com/ga%20gold%20map.jpg

GaDawg look at this map,See what you think .

Old Post 04-14-2013 02:08 AM
chuck west
UKC Forum Member

http://www.goldhog.com/gold_prospectors_forum.htm

This is the link where I got the gold map of Ga. from ,,check it folks .

Old Post 04-14-2013 02:11 AM
GA DAWG
UKC Forum Member

That red line comes right near me. Ain't detailed enough to see exactly where they think. I've heard tell most was on the east side of sawnee mountain. Im on the west side. That's Prolly just how it is with my luck lol. Still with the red line that close to me. Gotta be some here some where. I mean dang. Our Coon club is called gold city CHA.

Old Post 04-14-2013 07:10 PM
GA DAWG is offline Click Here to See the Profile for GA DAWG Click here to Send GA DAWG a Private Message Click Here to Email GA DAWG Find more posts by GA DAWG Add GA DAWG to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
chuck west
UKC Forum Member

Dawg that gold gets washed and eroded down off that mountain both directions man ,,,,It's right at your feet , man if i was down there with you ,I bet we would come up with some gold in one days time ,seriously .

Old Post 04-14-2013 07:25 PM
GA DAWG
UKC Forum Member

Im gonna start looking soon as turkey season is over. Just try and pan me some out. Still pretty cool to be in the water yet.

Old Post 04-14-2013 08:25 PM
GA DAWG is offline Click Here to See the Profile for GA DAWG Click here to Send GA DAWG a Private Message Click Here to Email GA DAWG Find more posts by GA DAWG Add GA DAWG to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
chuck west
UKC Forum Member

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/gold-prospecting/

This link might explain some of the big gold selloff in the last couple of days . Crude oil is down too. Bid time analysts are saying its big money people selling off getting ready for a big stock market bull run.They say if it happens gold and siver should double in price. Gold is at 1374.00 an ounce right now down 102.00 today .

Old Post 04-15-2013 05:47 PM
chuck west
UKC Forum Member

Thumbs up

http://www.flickr.com/photos/930978...783902372/show/

Hope this works ,lol.

Old Post 04-15-2013 08:22 PM
chuck west
UKC Forum Member

http://www.goldfeverprospecting.com/gpaamembership.html

Boys this is something I recommend you do . Join the GPAA and you get a starter kit + other goodies , I've been a member for several years now .

Old Post 04-17-2013 09:50 PM
chuck west
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by GA DAWG
Im gonna start looking soon as turkey season is over. Just try and pan me some out. Still pretty cool to be in the water yet.
This is something I should have told everyone about a "New" pan . When you get a new pan the first thing you need to do with it is get yourself a SOS soap pad and scrub the pan real good with it ,rough the inside of it up ,break that glaze finish it has inside the pan . The pan when it is made the plastic molding process will leave it with an oily surface sheen, OIL,GAS,and GREASE is golds enemy ,It will make fine gold float right out of your pan . Even when I am panning at my tub here on my deck I drop one or two drops of dish washing liquid in my water in the tub to break up any oil/grease in my water so my tiny flour gold won't float away . Good Luck! May your bottom turn yeller ,,,lol

Old Post 04-21-2013 02:15 PM
chuck west
UKC Forum Member

http://www.crowcreekmine.com/Crow_C..._Gold_Mine.html

Been here and panned out gold,,But man the history of the place kinda takes you back in time,,take a look at the pics on this link .

Old Post 04-21-2013 05:10 PM
GA DAWG
UKC Forum Member

Got the ol pan scrubbed up and ready I think. My chances are Prolly pretty slim. I got 3 or 4 creeks though. From lil ones to one great big un but if Im remembering right. My grandpa told be long ago they re routed that creek. So it didn't have all the turns but that would have had to been at least 70 yrs ago.

Old Post 04-22-2013 02:19 AM
chuck west
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by GA DAWG
Got the ol pan scrubbed up and ready I think. My chances are Prolly pretty slim. I got 3 or 4 creeks though. From lil ones to one great big un but if Im remembering right. My grandpa told be long ago they re routed that creek. So it didn't have all the turns but that would have had to been at least 70 yrs ago.
Look for bedrock bottom . Look on the inside of any curves in the creek . Look at the base of big boulders in the water too or a log laying in the creek ,,,anything that will help slow down the water so the gold will be dropped /deposited there . Good Luck Buddy .

Old Post 04-22-2013 03:56 AM
mike shannon
UKC Forum Member

Trust me ole Chuck sure can find gold. He found some here...

NITECH CH HTX PR SHANNON'S HILLBILLY CHIEF 6 CAST WINS
PR SHANNON’S HILLBILLY LUCIE
PR SHANNON’S HILLBILLY MAXIE

If you can read this thank a TEACHER
If you can read this in English, thank a VETERAN

www.freewebs.com/shannonshowmekennels

United States Army Retired

Old Post 04-22-2013 04:21 AM
mike shannon is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mike shannon Click here to Send mike shannon a Private Message Click Here to Email mike shannon Find more posts by mike shannon Add mike shannon to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
chuck west
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by mike shannon
Trust me ole Chuck sure can find gold. He found some here...

http://forums.ukcdogs.com/showthrea...mp;pagenumber=1

Heres the gold we found ,You will need to scroll down a bit to see it .

Old Post 04-22-2013 04:44 AM
chuck west
UKC Forum Member

http://www.detectorprospector.com/g...anning-area.htm

Here are some more creeks I have found gold in,Berthas Creek,Tincan Creek and Reserrection Creek,, You need to be real careful on these creeks theres bears there about like rabbits running around here ,,keep an eye open,Man in Alaska is down on the food chain about 4 notches .

Old Post 04-22-2013 10:13 PM
chuck west
UKC Forum Member

http://www.goldhog.com/what_gold_hog_mat_to_use.htm

This is a pretty good video explaing about different mats and carpets used to stop and hold/trap your gold in a sluice box or a dredge box. I'm not going to lie to you and say what you should use,because some of the stuff he is using is new to me . I don't have a dredge (wish I did ) but I do have 3 different sizes of sluice boxes so I may order some of his new mat material this year,but what I do have works ok for me . If you listen to him talk about the gold size IE> 50 or 100 or 150 ,,that is the mesh size that the gold would strain down through. 150 mesh gold is really small stuff like fly poop ,,lol , but gold is gold get it while you can . While at look at how he has got his gold pan scrubbed/scuff up ,that is how you break in a new pan ,because those little scuffs will trap that fine fine gold to be sucked up in your sucker/snuffer bottle .

Old Post 04-25-2013 05:08 PM
chuck west
UKC Forum Member

http://www.flickr.com/photos/415384/8057537634/

This is a picture of the Little Susitna River in Alaska ,in the pic lower right corner I dug out around $ 350.00 worth of gold in about 15 minutes time. That was roughly a half of a 5 gallon bucket full of sand/gravel . Lord what I wouldn't give to be setting right there now,,,as Phil would say ,HAPPY,HAPPY,HAPPY ,,,lol

Old Post 04-27-2013 03:15 PM