UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > UKC Honer Rules
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
yadkintar
Banned

Larry we did not have the technology to cheat like they do today. Maybe fake eyeballs or somthing. I hunted with some great dog men and they didn't have to cheat they had top dogs now all we had was our lights (not very good ones ) boots and dog for three hours all you had was your mind somwhere if it was a close cast you might pitch your dog on strike or see an eye that may not of been there most of the time those old timers just let you mess your self up. It pales in comparison what's happening today. Depending who you are and who your money man is goes a long ways on if you are disciplined or not I been on the receiving end of that in a $$$ kc world hunt and I was hunting a $$$ kc world champion in their world hunt when they done it long story short the owner of the kc told me to go on home you ain't winning this one and they ain't got one dime of my money since. Now they are reaping what they sowed look at the $$$ ss numbers this year they finding out who pays the bills now !!

Tar

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 09-27-2018 04:18 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
wjoey
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by Sonny Phipps
I competed in my first hunts back in the 80’s , not as long in the tooth as some of you but not a new comer either. I have seen great dog work and handlers with sportsmanship over the years and I have seen fake eyes and judges paid hundreds of dollars to do certain things. My take has always been is that we need to hold ourself and our cast to the level of honor we expect. I see plenty of good sportsmanship in today’s hunts of all registries. A lot of it seems to be a reflection of how u conduct yourself. If you treat others with respect and fairness, they most generally do the same.

What I don’t really think is a redo of a rule that doesn’t fit someone all the time. I’ve caught a bad break that cost me before and I’ve got a break at the right time that helped me, it’s part of the game. Right or wrong “ The best dog doesn’t always win” and sometimes it’s a “opinion” of how things should how gone that cause the question. JMO

Well said !!

UKC PREFORMANCE SIRE Nt ch pkc ch BAM BAM The only one out of WORLD CH BIG D X GRNT SKIPPERS UMFORGIVEN SAIGE she has 21 pups 4nt ch 5 grnt ch thats 42.85%
He is a coon dog!
Nt ch ch Insane Minnie MouseInsane cain x Malden Branch Mouse

HOME OF 2 TIME AQHA HORSE OF THE YEAR
World champion working cow horse snaffle bit
SMART LITTLE LEGEND
ETCHA CHAMPION
HCHA CHAMPION
Top 16 NCHA WORLD Champion
Home of GHSRA All Around Cowboy Champion Chris wilbanks

Jerico Rebel our Movie star horse hes been in three films now 35 years old
Just passed away February 4th 2016

MY OLD DOGS GONE BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN
The one I will allways miss now deceased 01/09/2013
GR CH GRAND NT CH Handosme Trudy
SIRE PKC WLD CH GR NT WHATS UP DOC
DAM GR NT HUTCHINS SUGAR

GRCH GR NT CH COBBLER CREEK WENDY
GR NT STYLISH TUFF - WENDY X STYLISH LIPPER
GR NT STYLISH TACK - WENDY X STYLISH LIPPER

NT CH SOUTHERN STYLE - JP'S HIGH STYLE X HOUSES LADY

Old Post 09-27-2018 07:54 PM
wjoey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for wjoey Click here to Send wjoey a Private Message Find more posts by wjoey Add wjoey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
swamp1
Banned

Re: Re: Honor rules

quote:
Originally posted by Sonny Phipps
I agree but it is hard to weed out the cheats when they are elected to boards and let to be incharge and involved at a high level of our sport.........
Bingo, nailed it! And hunters won't stand up when they got'em dead to right. Let'm talk'em into going back out and finishing hunts while their pawns witdraw and sit at club and plot about it. File the blankty complaint form and send it in yourself cause they sure aint. Gonna throw it in trash can. And you can treat them with all the respect in the world and it won't change one thing, their professionals at cheating, well schooled. Thats why some withdraw as fast as they can after cast are called. Just say'n.

Last edited by swamp1 on 09-28-2018 at 12:45 AM

Old Post 09-28-2018 12:37 AM
swamp1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for swamp1 Click here to Send swamp1 a Private Message Find more posts by swamp1 Add swamp1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Melblank
UKC Forum Member

I haven’t been in but a few casts but it seemed to me people were interested in pointing out the letter of the law and not the spirit of the law. It is not shameful to be beaten by a better dog but shame on the handler who uses the rules to take advantage of the situation.

Old Post 09-28-2018 01:30 AM
Melblank is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Melblank Click here to Send Melblank a Private Message Find more posts by Melblank Add Melblank to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Chuck Allen
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by wjoey
And who won out of this fine group of hounds I bet it was 1 of the 3 related

Not necessarily , I offered my buddy 95 dollars for both his dogs and hes said he just could not take less than 99.99 for the pair so the deals off we are going to have a redo in a few nights. I 'll let you know how it turns out

When the law of the land becomes unjust outlaws will rise to take their place in history.

Old Post 09-28-2018 02:50 AM
Chuck Allen is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Chuck Allen Click here to Send Chuck Allen a Private Message Find more posts by Chuck Allen Add Chuck Allen to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Chuck Allen
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by yadkintar
Larry we did not have the technology to cheat like they do today. Maybe fake eyeballs or somthing. I hunted with some great dog men and they didn't have to cheat they had top dogs now all we had was our lights (not very good ones ) boots and dog for three hours all you had was your mind somwhere if it was a close cast you might pitch your dog on strike or see an eye that may not of been there most of the time those old timers just let you mess your self up. It pales in comparison what's happening today. Depending who you are and who your money man is goes a long ways on if you are disciplined or not I been on the receiving end of that in a $$$ kc world hunt and I was hunting a $$$ kc world champion in their world hunt when they done it long story short the owner of the kc told me to go on home you ain't winning this one and they ain't got one dime of my money since. Now they are reaping what they sowed look at the $$$ ss numbers this year they finding out who pays the bills now !!

Dang TAR that sounds like racism and discrimination to me LOL , I think we might need to add safe spaces too.
Tar

When the law of the land becomes unjust outlaws will rise to take their place in history.

Old Post 09-28-2018 02:55 AM
Chuck Allen is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Chuck Allen Click here to Send Chuck Allen a Private Message Find more posts by Chuck Allen Add Chuck Allen to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

Won my first round. Won my second round and one of his buddy's put a hell Mary question on the card and the owner sets down on the panel and then tells me that you call it what you want !! But they won't get me again !! But down in cleburne Texas at our club when $$$ was just getting started in its infancy he was at our club everytime we had a $$$ kc hunt you help Sombody build a kc then they forget and chit on you.

Tar

Old Post 09-28-2018 03:12 AM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Chuck Allen
UKC Forum Member

I am getting ready now to head out to a RKC hunt tonight 3 dog cast all related LOL

Old Post 09-28-2018 03:59 AM
yadkintar
Banned

Rumatizum kennel club ?

Tar

Old Post 09-28-2018 04:04 AM
Chuck Allen
UKC Forum Member

PRETTY CLOSE TAR , MADE 3 TREES TONIGHT SEEN COON IN 2 OF EM , MY ELIJAH PUP SPLIT TREED FROM HIS GRAND SIRE AND GRAND DAM , COULD NOT FIND IT BUT IT WAS A GOOD LOOKING TREE. SO I THINK MY YOUNG DOG GETS THE CAST WIN ON THIS ONE. EVEN THOUGH HE GOT LAST STRIKE BOTH DUMPS , LAST TREE ON THE FIRST AND CIRCLE ON HIS TREE. WHAT DO YOU THINK TAR. IS THAT WITHIN THE RKC RULE BOOK.

Old Post 09-28-2018 09:36 AM
yadkintar
Banned

Mine will be ready to hunt tommorrow night after being in heat going to get her ready to get that last win then she's got to train my pup this fall getting darker earlier getting cooler I am ready !!

Tar

Old Post 09-28-2018 01:27 PM
swamp1
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by yadkintar
Huh? Cheating is extremely limited to the elites only? Say it aint so.

Tar

Old Post 10-03-2018 01:17 AM
swamp1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for swamp1 Click here to Send swamp1 a Private Message Find more posts by swamp1 Add swamp1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

Shoot swampy I guess it ain't cheaten if you got enough cabbage to influence important people into seeing things your way lol.

Say it ain't so woooooooo !!

Tarbaby

Old Post 10-03-2018 01:28 AM
Kler Kry
UKC Forum Member

Re: Re: Re: Honor rules

quote:
Originally posted by swamp1
Bingo, nailed it! And hunters won't stand up when they got'em dead to right. Let'm talk'em into going back out and finishing hunts while their pawns witdraw and sit at club and plot about it. File the blankty complaint form and send it in yourself cause they sure aint. Gonna throw it in trash can. And you can treat them with all the respect in the world and it won't change one thing, their professionals at cheating, well schooled. Thats why some withdraw as fast as they can after cast are called. Just say'n.

There is a growing culture in the competition hunts where the judge goes to great preplanned effort and wins the cast by giving the best dogs in the cast minus points. Examples are; *While walking to treed dogs the judge stops in a ditch where he can't hear the dogs to put the two on the treed dogs. * There are two dogs barking treed and one is the is the judges, but he hasn't called his treed. When the called treed dog shuts up and when they start treeing the judge minuses them for moving and then trees his dog for first tree and it has been there barking the whole time. * Chopped mouthed track dog is moving directly away from cast barking constantly on track and judge puts the stationary rule on the tracking dog. * Best strike dog in the cast is a chop mouth track dog and every time the dog is called first on strike they are minused for babbling. * Judge takes cast vote when cast members are separated so individual members do not know how each other voted and judge claims it is a tied vote on a scratchable offense. When taken back to Master Of Hounds the hunting judge lies about the vote outcome and Master of Hounds backs judges decision. * Two dogs are treed and ones treeing style sounds aggressive so judge scratches the two dogs because he says he can't tell which dog is aggressive without making any attempt to determine if there is an aggressive dog. WHAT HAVE YOU EXPERIENCED IN COMPETITION HUNTS WHERE THERE IS NO HONOR AMONG THEIVES? I post this to help those that live by the Honor Rules and not to further the training of the CROOKS.

Old Post 10-04-2018 02:29 PM
Kler Kry is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Kler Kry Click here to Send Kler Kry a Private Message Click Here to Email Kler Kry Find more posts by Kler Kry Add Kler Kry to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tjll
UKC Forum Member

honor

It happens in all registry's last week at the super stakes it happened in the final cast a dog was scored 2 times on the same tree and won but pkc threw the question out

Old Post 10-04-2018 03:27 PM
tjll is offline Click Here to See the Profile for tjll Click here to Send tjll a Private Message Click Here to Email tjll Find more posts by tjll Add tjll to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
swamp1
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by swamp1

kinda figured that was what happened in that cast. To much blank periods in hunting time, they just chalked it up to miscommunication like they do in businesses in front office to cover for Lying. Around here the crooks run the show and corrupt everyone they can. If they can't get a person to go along then they target them for barring,label them, outcast, trouble makers. Heck, just had coversation with man that came down to meet one of these crooks that hunt certain breed of dogs and stayed at mans place during a competition hunt, that night, First time meeting fellow, arranged cast drawout. I've never met the man, only phone conversation and he said man was cheater after one night hunt encounter. They'll cheat ya blind, and jump up and down shouting hallieluya the whole time, 😂.

Last edited by swamp1 on 10-04-2018 at 05:14 PM

Old Post 10-04-2018 04:21 PM
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Cheaters

What value does a person have that cheats to win? How can any "win" that one cheats to get, mean anything? Once a person gets the CHEATER label, every win they get is suspect and can hold no value. The old adage "there is no honor among theives" rings true, as there is no HONOR. Dave

Old Post 10-05-2018 01:23 AM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
swamp1
Banned

Honer

Its not honor their seeking, they want attention along with all the 💰 they can make from it. Kinda like what Tonya Harding did to Nancy Kerrigan. It's been attempted in coonhound world many times in past 40 Years till present day ,some suceeded and some didn't . Jealousy, envy is a incurable disease among some.

Old Post 10-06-2018 04:14 AM
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Cheats/crooks

Funny that these crooks get barred in one Registry, but welcomed into another Registry. ALL REGISTRIES should ban them, NO EXCEPTIONS. TRUST is earned and once you loose it, you never get it back. Prisons are full of "innocent" people to hear the inmates, in reality very very few innocent people reside in prisons. People can change, but crooks should always be suspect they earned the right. Dave

Old Post 10-07-2018 03:06 AM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
swamp1
Banned

X2

Don't go to comp hunts for awhile, then go to one and draw about 2 or 3 in your cast. The first thing one will say is"quote" I'm not like I was back then, speaking to you alone. Then their on the phone with bigtime kennel owner of dog their hunting and he saying how big a cheater the judge is. Turns out he's right too. Its a terrible mess down here and has been for a decade worse I've ever seen in35 years of coonhunting. Nobody want stand up to them. They take the win their given when the cheaters withdraw and it only keeps the cycle going for the next hunt, and next and next. Feel out a complaint form and send to ukc yourself. They can't stop you, they do not rule. Fill it out and keep it, put it in mail immediately. They cannot stop you. Hearsay, calling ukc is not gonna get it stopped.

Old Post 10-07-2018 07:47 PM