UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > CARONA DEATH
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
oklared
UKC Forum Member

CARONA DEATH

WILL HOT KILL CORONA?

HOME OF 2010 HIGH SCOREING REDBONE FEMALE, DUAL CH Y2KD, #7 REPRODUCING RED FEMALE
NT.Ch. WINNER AT REDBONE SEC. 2008
3RD PL. NT.CH. 2009 BATTLE OF BREEDS AT ADA OKLA.
4TH PLACE R.Q.E 2010
2ND PLACE OVERALL AT ZONE 4 AND DOUBLE CAST WINNER 2010
WENT TO 2010 WORLD HUNT
AMERICAN REDBONE ASSOCIATION HIGH SCOREING REDBONE FEMALE OF THE 2010 WORLD HUNT
OVERALL HI SCOREING DOG AT 2010 BBCHA BLUE TIC SECTIONAL
GR.NT.CH. AT 12 and A HALF
MADE-EM SEE RED

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 07-20-2020 07:35 PM
oklared is offline Click Here to See the Profile for oklared Click here to Send oklared a Private Message Click Here to Email oklared Find more posts by oklared Add oklared to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Triple K Kennel
UKC Forum Member

Carona

I thought anything above 80 degrees would kill it...
Dang, there shouldnt be any left here in Indiana....LOL

Quality, Dependable Coon Lights--Built by a Coonhunter for Coonhunters
==================================
** Superior Lights

** Sunspot Hunting Lights

** Zepp's--Quality Products

** Boss Lights

**Brighteyes Lights

** They Twist it until they start believing it themselves**

Purina Dog Food
** Proven Results **

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Competition Coonhunters and Politicians
** Win anyway you have to & tell everyone what they want to hear **

Old Post 07-20-2020 07:51 PM
Triple K Kennel is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Triple K Kennel Click here to Send Triple K Kennel a Private Message Find more posts by Triple K Kennel Add Triple K Kennel to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sfox91
UKC Forum Member

It will be around til The election.

Old Post 07-20-2020 09:15 PM
Sfox91 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sfox91 Click here to Send Sfox91 a Private Message Click Here to Email Sfox91 Find more posts by Sfox91 Add Sfox91 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
honalieh
UKC Forum Member

Vaccines

quote:
Originally posted by Sfox91
It will be around til The election.

Throughout the world, they are working on vaccines for this global pandemic.

Just imagine if all it took was an election to solve the problem. But, which one? Brazil? India? UK? Spain? Chile? Peru? Mexico?

Old Post 07-21-2020 03:54 AM
honalieh is offline Click Here to See the Profile for honalieh Click here to Send honalieh a Private Message Click Here to Email honalieh Find more posts by honalieh Add honalieh to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

honalieh

Sir. You are spot on, I just do not understand why some folks think this virus is some kind of hoax. We are seeing a big spike in the area that I live, I am staying HOME and Praying that neither myself or my wife gets this virus, as we both are in a very high risk group. Nothing hoax about thus virus and I hope we get a vaccine soon. Dave

Old Post 07-21-2020 06:44 AM
Dave Richards is online now Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
pamjohnson
UKC Forum Member

Dave you just keep that vaccine to your self. The virus isn't a hoax but everything about it is. It's no different than the flu. It's here it's always going to be here.
Some fear death more than living free.

Old Post 07-21-2020 01:50 PM
pamjohnson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for pamjohnson Click here to Send pamjohnson a Private Message Click Here to Email pamjohnson Find more posts by pamjohnson Add pamjohnson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
2nd Mac
UKC Forum Member

Remember what I’m saying. There will be a vaccine and better treatments sometime before the elections. It will be very beneficial for the Trump cause.

Old Post 07-21-2020 02:02 PM
2nd Mac is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 2nd Mac Click here to Send 2nd Mac a Private Message Find more posts by 2nd Mac Add 2nd Mac to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Robert Johnson
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by 2nd Mac
Remember what I’m saying. There will be a vaccine and better treatments sometime before the elections. It will be very beneficial for the Trump cause.

We can all pray that is the case, and rejoice in the fact it helps Mr. Trump.

A Biden win would be far worse on America than any virus could ever be.

VOTE TRUMP 2020

Johnson Creek Kennels
home of:
UKC Grand Nite Champion "PR" Yadkin River Addkis. Deceased 12/11/2016 RIP

2009/2010/2011/2012 AKC GA. State Leader and Supreme Grand Nite Champion Yadkin River Addkis

2010 ACHA Georgia State Champion Grand Nite Champion Yadkin River Addkis

PKC Champion Yadkin River Addkis

Bright Eye Lights

Treeing Walkers

912-663-5287 cell (perfered)

Old Post 07-21-2020 03:28 PM
Robert Johnson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Robert Johnson Click here to Send Robert Johnson a Private Message Click Here to Email Robert Johnson Find more posts by Robert Johnson Add Robert Johnson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
4play
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Robert Johnson
We can all pray that is the case, and rejoice in the fact it helps Mr. Trump.

A Biden win would be far worse on America than any virus could ever be.

VOTE TRUMP 2020

Like Trump or not, the above is a FACT!!

Biden has 'sold his sole' to try and get elected.
Beto will be in charge of taking OUR guns for his backing
AOC will be in charge of Green New Deal for her backing him{no cars,planes}
'Free' college now for Bernie to back him.I'm betting bernie will be his running mate VP.We all know nothing is 'free'.
Heard last night Biden will do away with 'Trump's Muslim ban'......so back to open borders for terrorists..........

Corrona is like the Flu.Seasonal and here forever.Blame China,not Trump for it.

Nitech Stylish Clover Shark Jill - RIP 'Ole Girl
{Great White Shark x Brush Creek Patch}

Old Post 07-21-2020 03:53 PM
4play is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 4play Click here to Send 4play a Private Message Click Here to Email 4play Find more posts by 4play Add 4play to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
houndsound
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by pamjohnson
Dave you just keep that vaccine to your self. The virus isn't a hoax but everything about it is. It's no different than the flu. It's here it's always going to be here.

Good post. I looked up current national numbers this morning. 3.9 million known cases in America. 143,000 deaths.

That alone tells us 96.4% of people survive this.

Now consider which of those numbers would change if we could know everything. Common sense tells us there are not a bunch of people falling over dead from Covid that we don't know about- in fact there are suspicions that some of the deaths attributed to Covid were from other primary reasons.... Heart attack, etc.... So the number of deaths is likely accurate, or too high

Now the other number, known cases, common sense tells me there is likely a high number of people that had it and never got tested. So the number of actual cases is likely low.

If the total number of cases is higher than what is known, and the number of deaths is about the same, the survivability rate is much higher than 96.4%... probably more like 99%.

So.... Nobody thinks it is a hoax; however, creating panic, reporting daily on it, destroying an economy, closing schools, restricting travel, limiting freedom, and creating a "new norm" over a disease with 94.6 - 99 percent survivability rate is an absolute hoax.

Old Post 07-21-2020 04:37 PM
houndsound is offline Click Here to See the Profile for houndsound Click here to Send houndsound a Private Message Click Here to Email houndsound Find more posts by houndsound Add houndsound to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jdgher
UKC Forum Member

Corona is real, but

The corona virus is real, but I've been wondering about this. What would people have done back in the late 1700's, early 1800's if Corona virus came along. Could half the people living in America just stop working? What would happen if they did? I don't think society could have afforded that back then. Can society afford it now? Looks like we are going to find out.

GRNTCH PR' Steve-O and Chili's Red Flow
NTCH PR' Twisters Musical Red Huey DNA-VIP Perf Sire 06'07 Deceased 11/07
Former Home of
NTCH 'PR' Swann's Lonesome Red Music/ Kitty
NTCH. CH PR' SawBlade Red Reckon
NTCH. CH PR' Gher's Timber Mt. Brandy
Breeder of
GRNTCH PR' Daugherty's Red BUBBA
NTCH CH PR' BA'S Tree Top Rockin Griddle
NTCH PR' Lickcreek Backwoods Lil Red Annie

Old Post 07-21-2020 05:00 PM
jdgher is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jdgher Click here to Send jdgher a Private Message Click Here to Email jdgher Find more posts by jdgher Add jdgher to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sfox91
UKC Forum Member

SARS, H1N1 we had no shut downs ?

Old Post 07-21-2020 05:07 PM
Sfox91 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sfox91 Click here to Send Sfox91 a Private Message Click Here to Email Sfox91 Find more posts by Sfox91 Add Sfox91 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

Pamjohnson, I like your post for one reason. It is the closest thing the the truth spoken about this nonsense. We don't know the truth. That is a problem when dealing with something. Not knowing the truth.

Yes the virus in real.

I know one 30 year old that got it. Lives with his 70 something grandfather. He was sick and weak off and on for a week. Grandfather never had any indication of getting it and not sick at all. I know several positive and there was one or two days of not feeling good. Mostly a headache and weakness.
When the government says you can't go to church but you can protest in the streets. I quit listening right then and there and know it is politically driven. I could give another 20 examples but will spare you.

I am 71 and have lived my life after the news broke about covid 19 as I did before. I go to work everyday. I go shopping when I need to. I go out to eat at least twice a week. I go to Church. Yea we have quit hugging as much and social distancing has kicked in somewhat. But wearing a mask, no. Not really against them. Just see no purpose as you can read 10 reasons they work and 10 reasons they don't. Someone tell me the truth, show me the facts. I will go with them. For or against the issues for political reasons don't make sense to me. The testing is a joke. One friend tested positive which I was in contact with and he had to go back and get a negative before he could return to work. He went back to the same places that tested him the first time and they said they had no record of him being there or being tested anywhere. Two major hospitals down here. Were only sending in positive results without data on how many were negative. Again whether is some truth to what is going on. I will take actions to protect myself and family. The day and how i die is already known to the Lord. No one can change that. It might be covid 19. Or it might be at the next stop sign I drive by. I sure don't worry about stop signs and I don't worry about covid19.

Old Post 07-21-2020 05:09 PM
Bruce m. Conkey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bruce m. Conkey Click here to Send Bruce m. Conkey a Private Message Click Here to Email Bruce m. Conkey Visit Bruce m. Conkey's homepage! Find more posts by Bruce m. Conkey Add Bruce m. Conkey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
harleydan1956
UKC Forum Member

Food for thought. We have never shut down like this. Deaths were higher. H1N1, bird, swine, ... People wishing for a vaccine? We have a flu vaccine.. and 60,000 still die every year.. but the same, recommended for older people, weakened immune systems... Etc... sound familiar?
When the President tried to stop travel from China.. who opposed that? Labeled him a xenophobic... Told people to embrace Chinatown, WHO said nothing to worry about, now.. Demorats say he didn't act fast enough. He is killing people for his slow reaction...

Canton, ohio
330-904-3392

Home of:
Gr Ch. Nite Ch. PR. Lethal Blue Moonlight Serenade... Gr. Ch. Nite Ch PR Hillbillys Smokey River Dutch HTX X Gr. Ch. Nite CH. PR Lethal Blue Izabell Sitara
Ch. PR. Lethal Blue Lil Bit of Respect.... Ch. Nite Ch PR Shivers' Magic Lead X GR. Ch. Nite Ch PR Lethal Blue Betty Jane
PR. Lethal Blue Tayen Grace..... Nite Ch. Pr Coffins creek running J.R. X Gr Ch Nite Ch PR Lethal Blue Moonlite Serenade.

Gone but never forgotten
Gr. Ch. Nite Ch. PR. Lethal Blue Izabell Sitara... Dual Gr. Ch PR Bowens Blue Deuce X Ch. Nite Ch. PR Becky.

Gr Ch Nite Ch. PR. Lethal Blue Betty Jane...... PR. Crites Soggy Bottom Blue Banjo X PR. Mosquito Creek Tree mamma Sis

Gr Ch. Nite Ch. PR. Lethal Blue Rattlin Samantha ... Dual Gr Ch PR Mid Ohio Rattlin Sam X Gr Ch PR. Lethal Blue Jet's Xena

Gr. Ch. Nite Ch Hillbilly's Smokey River Blue Dutch HTX..... Gr. Ch. Gr. Nite Ch Pr. Smokey River Tramp's Blue Lake and Pr. Misty River Blue Doll III.
(Dutch wasn't ours, but he was here and like one of the family)

Pr. Dan's little Porter.... my last beagle...

Last edited by harleydan1956 on 07-21-2020 at 05:16 PM

Old Post 07-21-2020 05:13 PM
harleydan1956 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for harleydan1956 Click here to Send harleydan1956 a Private Message Click Here to Email harleydan1956 Find more posts by harleydan1956 Add harleydan1956 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
micooner
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by pamjohnson

just had the wife spend 14 days in icu with it. Don't know yet if her lungs will recover. Keep believing it's no worse than the flu. If any of your family gets hospitalized with it just know you won't be allowed with them at all. For some it's way worse than the flu.

Old Post 07-21-2020 07:59 PM
micooner is offline Click Here to See the Profile for micooner Click here to Send micooner a Private Message Click Here to Email micooner Find more posts by micooner Add micooner to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Micooner

Praying for your wife to have a full recovery, when it strikes you or someone you love it takes on a new meaning. When it's your family or loved ones that DIE from this VIRUS, numbers won't make any difference on how many survived. Percentages only really matter to those that are not affected personally. I sure do not have the answer to what is best for our country and NO ONE else has the answer. It seems like we are in a danged if you do and a danged if you don't situation. Dave

Old Post 07-21-2020 08:20 PM
Dave Richards is online now Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
micooner
UKC Forum Member

Thankyou Dave much appreciated.

Old Post 07-21-2020 09:13 PM
micooner is offline Click Here to See the Profile for micooner Click here to Send micooner a Private Message Click Here to Email micooner Find more posts by micooner Add micooner to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

Here is my thoughts on a mask. I say the majority wearing a mask handle them wrong and they increase the possibility of infection. Social distancing I understand and can agree with. Here is my problem with mask. Witnessed it today and see it often. Person takes off their mask with hands that have collected germs since the last hand washing. Then they out of habit generally fold or handle the mask a few minutes before putting in pocket or purse. Then they eat in a restaurant or do something and then get the mask out, handle it and put it back on. They then are inhaling everything on their mask that has come from their hands. I would rather keep the germs on my hands. Social distance and keep others germs at a distance. Doctors and nurses have training on putting mask and gloves on and taking off without spreading germs. Normal people don't think of this. They just feel protected which they are not.

Old Post 07-21-2020 10:54 PM
Bruce m. Conkey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bruce m. Conkey Click here to Send Bruce m. Conkey a Private Message Click Here to Email Bruce m. Conkey Visit Bruce m. Conkey's homepage! Find more posts by Bruce m. Conkey Add Bruce m. Conkey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
houndsound
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by micooner
just had the wife spend 14 days in icu with it. Don't know yet if her lungs will recover. Keep believing it's no worse than the flu. If any of your family gets hospitalized with it just know you won't be allowed with them at all. For some it's way worse than the flu.

Hate you are going through that. I pray for you and your family. I hope my post about the percentages was not offensive to you. Just because I believe it's not bad for most people doesn't mean I'm naive to the pain of a loved one in pain and hospitalized. Keep us posted. God bless

Old Post 07-21-2020 11:31 PM
houndsound is offline Click Here to See the Profile for houndsound Click here to Send houndsound a Private Message Click Here to Email houndsound Find more posts by houndsound Add houndsound to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Houndsound

Yes, percentages are so and so and sound good on paper, but for those who have died and the families of those who have died, percentages do not mean a thing. Percentages can lull folks into a false sense of security, this VIRUS KILLS and will continue to KILL. Dave

Old Post 07-22-2020 01:15 AM
houndsound
UKC Forum Member

Re: Houndsound

quote:
Originally posted by Dave Richards
Yes, percentages are so and so and sound good on paper, but for those who have died and the families of those who have died, percentages do not mean a thing. Percentages can lull folks into a false sense of security, this VIRUS KILLS and will continue to KILL. Dave

I agree with that for the most part. But while percentages can lull folks into a false sense of security (which I agree we should avoid).... Ignoring percentages and looking at isolated , worse case scenarios only- will do the opposite.... Which seems to be direction our leaders are taking.

Our heart can break for those who suffer, and at the same time we can advocate for policies rooted in the norm, not the exception. These are not mutually exclusive positions, which unfortunately the media wants everyone to be on one side or the other.

Old Post 07-22-2020 01:24 AM
shadinc
UKC Forum Member

Essential workers who have been in this every day seem to have completely different outlook about the virus than those who have been locked down.

Old Post 07-22-2020 02:06 AM
shadinc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shadinc Click here to Send shadinc a Private Message Click Here to Email shadinc Find more posts by shadinc Add shadinc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
houndsound
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by shadinc
Essential workers who have been in this every day seem to have completely different outlook about the virus than those who have been locked down.

I've spoken to everyone I know in the medical field... They seem pretty spilt. I'm a police officer... I know some officers who worry like crazy about having to go hands on with someone who just threw up on themselves, or running into a stranger's house to stop a domestic assault, or hauling a stranger to jail while he is coughing in the car with you.... And I know officers who don't have a worry in the world about it..... And I've found a very small percentage who take a balanced approach.

Old Post 07-22-2020 02:12 AM
micooner
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by houndsound
Hate you are going through that. I pray for you and your family. I hope my post about the percentages was not offensive to you. Just because I believe it's not bad for most people doesn't mean I'm naive to the pain of a loved one in pain and hospitalized. Keep us posted. God bless
thankyou. I wasn't offended at all and thankyou for the prayers. Just looks like a long rehab. Until it happens to friends and family you'll find out in a hurry it's not a hoax, it's not like a cold or flu. It's one nasty virus that is capable of damaging lung, heart, and brain.

Old Post 07-22-2020 02:21 AM
Reuben
UKC Forum Member

While many folks will get the virus and not show symptoms and many of those won’t be tested...so that drives the percentage numbers up for those that get ill with it and verify with testing and then those that need hospitalization will be counted...

The thing is that some will die and many will have permanent damage once they recover from the virus...

What I believe needs to happen...continue social distancing and as many that can work from home to do so...and also stay away from large social gatherings if possible...

The reason...if we ease up on the restrictions too many people will become ill at once and will need extensive medical care and will need to be hospitalized and that number will be fairly high...the hospitals will be flooded with to many people that really need hospital care and it won’t be available and the medical staff will be overwhelmed with work and not enough personnel to handle the massive flood of people...all this will cause the death rate to rise considerably and the death rate will probably double or more...and those that survive will be many but many of those that survive will have permanent damage for the same reasons why many more will die...Not enough medical staff and facilities...not to mention medications...

Many people have said many things and many have been wrong...common sense has been lacking...

While I don’t like the restrictions, they are there for a good reason...

Old Post 07-22-2020 02:59 AM
Reuben is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Reuben Click here to Send Reuben a Private Message Click Here to Email Reuben Find more posts by Reuben Add Reuben to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote