UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Ganns Finisher or BeanBlossom Buck
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
ethan howard
UKC Forum Member

Ganns Finisher or BeanBlossom Buck

Pride Gann had these two great dogs, I have heard stories from my father about these hounds, and I wanted to get some more research on them. Does any one have some of this blood from them still around.

(865)-603-7567
crkdogs@gmail.com
CLINCH RIVER KENNELS
Grch Grnitech 'PR' Clinch River Jack Daniels
2017 RQE#22 Overton County 2nd Place
Highest scoring dog at SEB&TD sectional
King of Show Tellico Mountain Coon Hunters Club Walker Sectional
2017 Ukc World Qualified
2017 PKC Youth World Qualified

Tall Tails Hunting and Feed Supply
C-(865)-603-7567

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 01-17-2017 03:42 PM
ethan howard is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ethan howard Click here to Send ethan howard a Private Message Click Here to Email ethan howard Find more posts by ethan howard Add ethan howard to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Darren barkman
UKC Forum Member

Pride ganns

When I was in sixth grade took a trip with family friends n the moms dad was shorty Dawkins who hunted with mr ganns n got to meet him I wish there was still some of this blood or more finely river dogs around. If you find it it'll be so crossed up its no longer what it was good luck tho

Old Post 01-17-2017 07:08 PM
Darren barkman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Darren barkman Click here to Send Darren barkman a Private Message Click Here to Email Darren barkman Find more posts by Darren barkman Add Darren barkman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rick brocious
UKC Forum Member

I had a male out of beanblossum buck . Trashy as a pup but strightened out pretty good . Could be growly at times on tree .
Had one heck of a nose and would stay treed till you got there . Tried to keep that line but lost a female to a car and her brother to a train . Would be interested to know if anybody has something in that line also .

Last edited by rick brocious on 01-17-2017 at 10:38 PM

Old Post 01-17-2017 10:33 PM
rick brocious is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rick brocious Click here to Send rick brocious a Private Message Find more posts by rick brocious Add rick brocious to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
cripple creek
UKC Forum Member

Started my line of hounds when I bred to a Grandson

Of Buck, but 10 generations and 30 sumpin years later it's all too far back to say it's still making a difference.

Grand Champion Stevenson's "Johnny Jet,"

Palms 18:39........You armed me with strength for battle; you made my adversaries bow at my feet!
Two questions sum up life....
Why am I here ? And Where am I headed.

Old Post 01-17-2017 11:16 PM
cripple creek is offline Click Here to See the Profile for cripple creek Click here to Send cripple creek a Private Message Click Here to Email cripple creek Find more posts by cripple creek Add cripple creek to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Roy Grant
UKC Forum Member

Young man, you need to call John Monroe. He will tell you all you want to know and a little bit more. lol

Old Post 01-18-2017 12:53 AM
Roy Grant is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Roy Grant Click here to Send Roy Grant a Private Message Click Here to Email Roy Grant Find more posts by Roy Grant Add Roy Grant to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
RedCreek Hunter
UKC Forum Member

Re: Ganns Finisher or BeanBlossom Buck

quote:
Originally posted by ethan howard
Pride Gann had these two great dogs, I have heard stories from my father about these hounds, and I wanted to get some more research on them. Does any one have some of this blood from them still around.

Still some around. I Have some semen dogs with Finn in there 3rd generation

Old Post 12-16-2020 02:34 AM
RedCreek Hunter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for RedCreek Hunter Click here to Send RedCreek Hunter a Private Message Find more posts by RedCreek Hunter Add RedCreek Hunter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Redneck Mafia
UKC Moderator

Re: Pride ganns

quote:
Originally posted by Darren barkman
When I was in sixth grade took a trip with family friends n the moms dad was shorty Dawkins who hunted with mr ganns n got to meet him I wish there was still some of this blood or more finely river dogs around. If you find it it'll be so crossed up its no longer what it was good luck tho

There are a couple puppies available out of Shack and a very heavy Finley River dam. She is out of semen collected in 1995 and the only living female from the cross.

"TEAM MAFIA"
*NATIONAL GRNITECH GRCH GRNITECH(5) HALL OF FAME PKC PLATIUM CH REDNECK BACKWOODS SHACK
2014 OK STATE CH, 2015 MO PKC LEADER, 2016 PKC NATIONALS SEMIFINALIST, 2016 UKC TOP 20, 2O17 UKC WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 3RD PLACE, 2018 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4, 2018 MO PKC STATE CHAMPION, 2019 AUTUMN OAKS NATIONAL GRNITE CH, 2019 PKC WORLD CH SEMIFINALIST. 2021 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4.
*PKC WORLD CHAMPION PLATNIUM CHAMPION GRNITECH SHACK'S HEATHER ISLAND SOUTHERN STOGIE
2021 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2022 PKC WORLD CHAMPION, 2022 MO PKC STATE LEADER PRO SPORT TRUCK WINNER

RIP
*GRNITECH PKC SCH REDNECK MAFIA PKC HALL OF FAME REPRODUCER INDUCTED 2022
*GRNITECH CH PKC SILVER CH REDNECK SHACK ATTACK aka TAC 2018 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2020 MO PKC STATE LEADER

Old Post 12-16-2020 04:09 AM
Redneck Mafia is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Redneck Mafia Click here to Send Redneck Mafia a Private Message Click Here to Email Redneck Mafia Find more posts by Redneck Mafia Add Redneck Mafia to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Boondok Kennels
UKC Forum Member

When I was in elementary school, a hunting buddy of my Dad had a male right out of Bean Blossom Buck. He was good looking, a natural, and all around good hound. My Dad still talks about him and how much he liked ole Crook. 😁

*Buck Creek Fancy
*Buck Creek Rambler
*Ch Blaster's Big Roller...RIP
*Buck Creek Sugie...RIP
*GrNiteCh Buck Creek Hitler...RIP

Old Post 12-16-2020 12:54 PM
Boondok Kennels is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Boondok Kennels Click here to Send Boondok Kennels a Private Message Find more posts by Boondok Kennels Add Boondok Kennels to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rex W Sims
UKC Forum Member

I had a female out Bean Blossom Buck..she was as good as they come.....

Old Post 12-16-2020 01:57 PM
Rex W Sims is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rex W Sims Click here to Send Rex W Sims a Private Message Click Here to Email Rex W Sims Find more posts by Rex W Sims Add Rex W Sims to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JMiller
UKC Forum Member

GANNS FINISHER

I was lucky enough to hunt with Finisher years ago . Pride Gann told me that he hunted Finisher 36 nights before the world hunt didn't matter what the weather was doing and he could tell you when Finisher stopped to pea even if he was a mile away.

Old Post 12-16-2020 06:07 PM
JMiller is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JMiller Click here to Send JMiller a Private Message Click Here to Email JMiller Find more posts by JMiller Add JMiller to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shadinc
UKC Forum Member

I bred a House's Chief female to Finisher in 1969. And bred a female from that litter to Buck a few years later. Got nice dogs from both crosses, but that was fifty years ago. I doubt if either dog has much influence on any dogs today.

Old Post 12-16-2020 06:12 PM
shadinc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shadinc Click here to Send shadinc a Private Message Click Here to Email shadinc Find more posts by shadinc Add shadinc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
2ol2hunt
UKC Forum Member

I don't remember the exact year it was but my hunting buddy at the time had a beanblossum buck male that was the first chain sweeping, continuous barking, hard-headed Walker that I had seen, but he would tree a coon and do it right.

Old Post 12-16-2020 08:25 PM
2ol2hunt is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 2ol2hunt Click here to Send 2ol2hunt a Private Message Click Here to Email 2ol2hunt Find more posts by 2ol2hunt Add 2ol2hunt to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CONRAD FRYAR
UKC Forum Member

Hope to breed a some semen this year that has direct a direct son of Buck and a daughter of finisher jr. In the 3 generation. Like they said it’s been over 40 yrs 😊

"Life is short boys, Hunt an intelligent hound"

Born in sin, convicted by the Word, saved by Grace.

Old Post 12-18-2020 10:58 AM
CONRAD FRYAR is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CONRAD FRYAR Click here to Send CONRAD FRYAR a Private Message Click Here to Email CONRAD FRYAR Find more posts by CONRAD FRYAR Add CONRAD FRYAR to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote