UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Question about split trees
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Night Shift
UKC Forum Member

Question about split trees

Does it say in the rule book that when arriving at a tree and dogs are split one tree apart. That the handlers must make a decision on rather to score as one tree or split before shining? I thought it was in the rule book but I’m having trouble finding it.

Gr Nt Ch Maniac's Dark Side of the Moon

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 10-15-2018 02:54 PM
Night Shift is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Night Shift Click here to Send Night Shift a Private Message Click Here to Email Night Shift Find more posts by Night Shift Add Night Shift to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Night Shift
UKC Forum Member

Nobody knows 🤷‍♂️

Gr Nt Ch Maniac's Dark Side of the Moon

Old Post 10-15-2018 06:42 PM
Night Shift is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Night Shift Click here to Send Night Shift a Private Message Click Here to Email Night Shift Find more posts by Night Shift Add Night Shift to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CHEWBACH
UKC Forum Member

split

its not rule book ! don't thk. but have seen guys want to call it split when they are 10 ft apart and some want to call it one at 20 yrds. should shine and let the tree show what can and cant be done. jmo

Old Post 10-15-2018 07:10 PM
CHEWBACH is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CHEWBACH Click here to Send CHEWBACH a Private Message Find more posts by CHEWBACH Add CHEWBACH to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jkidd1
UKC Forum Member

It just says when it's obvious to the Judge split tree points will be assigned, that maybe when you arrive at the tree or after you start shining.

JEREMY KIDD
765-520-1552

*females*
GRNITECH' JR'S JANEY
(Xjr X Insane Jane)

GRNITECH ST. JOHN'S STYLISH REX
(Ol south stylish Rebel X Janey)

GRNITECH' AFTER DARK'S JAN-IT
(Sweat It X Janey)

DUAL GRNITE' LONETREE LEGEND (R.I.P.)
(Noct. Style X Southern Sky)

GRNITECH' STYLISH LITTLE PEG(R.I.P.)
(Trackman X Browns Little Peg)

GRNITECH 'PR' JANEY'S GOTTA GUN
(Wild Card X Jr's Janey)

NITECH ‘PR’ REBELS STYLISH MOJA
(Ol Souths Stylish Rebel X Janey)

AFTER DARK’S PURDY PENNY
(Big $$ X Janit)

NITECH' SEVEN MILE SLOOPY(R.I.P.)
(Skipper x Big time Trixie)

Proud UNION JOURNEYMAN LINEMAN
https://i.postimg.cc/654pWfzm/IMG-1920.png
I.B.E.W. LOCAL 1393

Old Post 10-15-2018 08:27 PM
jkidd1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jkidd1 Click here to Send jkidd1 a Private Message Click Here to Email jkidd1 Find more posts by jkidd1 Add jkidd1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Allen / UKC
Administrator

Re: Question about split trees

quote:
Originally posted by Night Shift
Does it say in the rule book that when arriving at a tree and dogs are split one tree apart. That the handlers must make a decision on rather to score as one tree or split before shining? I thought it was in the rule book but I’m having trouble finding it.

You won't find an answer in the rule book Jason. It was always said that it should be determined before you shine the tree. My experience suggests that it's usually hard to make that decision without shining the tree first. And... I could come up with a few more to debate that theory. It's one I raised a red flag on and was given the nod to suggest otherwise then.

Old Post 10-15-2018 09:55 PM
Allen / UKC is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Allen / UKC Click here to Send Allen / UKC a Private Message Click Here to Email Allen / UKC Find more posts by Allen / UKC Add Allen / UKC to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

It isn't fair to anyone to shine the trees, find the coon and then vote on whether they are 2 trees or 1. That puts a lot of pressure on the handlers. I thought everyone knew that you needed to decide before you found the coon and then stick with the consequences. Do you really need a rule to tell you that?

Old Post 10-15-2018 10:20 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jkidd1
UKC Forum Member

let me clarify my post above, when I said "shining" thats what I meant, Not scoring the tree. I agree Allen and Richard, and thats how these situations have always been handled on every hunt I been on when it happens,its briefly shined to determine how to score it, split or one, then proceed.

JEREMY KIDD
765-520-1552

*females*
GRNITECH' JR'S JANEY
(Xjr X Insane Jane)

GRNITECH ST. JOHN'S STYLISH REX
(Ol south stylish Rebel X Janey)

GRNITECH' AFTER DARK'S JAN-IT
(Sweat It X Janey)

DUAL GRNITE' LONETREE LEGEND (R.I.P.)
(Noct. Style X Southern Sky)

GRNITECH' STYLISH LITTLE PEG(R.I.P.)
(Trackman X Browns Little Peg)

GRNITECH 'PR' JANEY'S GOTTA GUN
(Wild Card X Jr's Janey)

NITECH ‘PR’ REBELS STYLISH MOJA
(Ol Souths Stylish Rebel X Janey)

AFTER DARK’S PURDY PENNY
(Big $$ X Janit)

NITECH' SEVEN MILE SLOOPY(R.I.P.)
(Skipper x Big time Trixie)

Proud UNION JOURNEYMAN LINEMAN
https://i.postimg.cc/654pWfzm/IMG-1920.png
I.B.E.W. LOCAL 1393

Last edited by jkidd1 on 10-15-2018 at 10:41 PM

Old Post 10-15-2018 10:39 PM
jkidd1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jkidd1 Click here to Send jkidd1 a Private Message Click Here to Email jkidd1 Find more posts by jkidd1 Add jkidd1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkinriver
UKC Forum Member

Would somebody please suggest a little common sense? Can you stand there looking at the ground and determine if the trees tie together or not. Somebody is going to have to look up to determine it.

Old Post 10-15-2018 11:32 PM
yadkinriver is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkinriver Click here to Send yadkinriver a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkinriver Visit yadkinriver's homepage! Find more posts by yadkinriver Add yadkinriver to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Mr River, what would be the fun in that? Maybe UKC needs a "Common Sense" rule. That would cover all of the "Gray" areas. Whenever anyone asked "where in the rulebook does it say that", you could show them the common sense rule.

Old Post 10-15-2018 11:52 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkinriver
UKC Forum Member

OMG Mr. Lambert did you cut your baby teeth chewing on a lead paint windowsill?

Old Post 10-16-2018 01:00 AM
yadkinriver is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkinriver Click here to Send yadkinriver a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkinriver Visit yadkinriver's homepage! Find more posts by yadkinriver Add yadkinriver to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Yes Mr River,no one even knew what water based paint was when I grew up. That is what is the matter with me. I just can't help it.

Old Post 10-16-2018 02:00 AM
Rocketman55
UKC Forum Member

Well I was under the impression it was the judges responsibility to shine that tree and then determine if was going to be scored as one tree or two. After the Judge makes his decision, then any/all cast members not in agreement have the right to question the judges decision.

Am I wrong about that? as I though there were only three situations, that automatically required a vote by all cast members to proceed with a scoring situation.

Glouster, Ohio 45732
Home To:
Gr.Nt.Ch. Hooper Ridge Hang'em High Holly
Gr.Nt.Ch. Hooper Ridge Rockets Top Gun.
Gr.Nt.Ch.Hooper Ridge Rocket
Gr.Nt.Ch Hooper Ridge Dolly
Nt.Ch Hooper Ridge Queen
Nt.Ch Raw Dawg Rowdy
PR Tree Banging Buddy
HOOPER RIDGE ENGLISH-POUND FOR POUND THEY ARE ONE TOUGH HOUND!!!!

Old Post 10-16-2018 03:59 AM
Rocketman55 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rocketman55 Click here to Send Rocketman55 a Private Message Click Here to Email Rocketman55 Find more posts by Rocketman55 Add Rocketman55 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkinriver
UKC Forum Member

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Richard Lambert
Mr River, what would be the fun in that? Maybe UKC needs a "Common Sense" rule. That would cover all of the "Gray" areas. Whenever anyone asked "where in the rulebook does it say that", you could show them the common sense rule.

Richard I think you might be on to something. The Common Sense rules combined with the Honor Rules should work. That is if there is any honor or common sense left in this world. Maybe even the Slap in the Back of the Head rule but that wouldn't work because there might be somebody bigger and meaner on the cast. Or even a mean Midget( just for you Tar).

Old Post 10-16-2018 12:34 PM
yadkintar
Banned

Jack I got a stack of second place ribbons that midget wasn't the first or the last that's for sure. Like I told you last night in a case where trees are fairly close I used to ask before we shined all one or split ? Because I have seen times where my dog would would be split from three others the coon would be in my tree theirs would be slick they would vote all one with the trees not even touching and I got a last tree instead of a first tree their comment when out voting me was he could have jumped that far or bent that limb over to make it touch.

Tar

Old Post 10-16-2018 12:49 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkinriver
UKC Forum Member

Tar thats why I agree with Rocketman. The judge needs to look to see if the trees are tied together before it is scored. Even if it means turning off all lights and looking. Lot of time you can tell that way. Trees may be 20 yds apart but still tied together by grapevines or broken limbs. I agree it should be determined before scoring. But somebody needs to look up.

Old Post 10-16-2018 01:39 PM
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Tarbaby, been there/done that. I learned the hard way that you make that decision before you start looking for the coon. It is amazing how hunters will try to change their mind when the coon is found in your tree.

Old Post 10-16-2018 02:16 PM
yadkintar
Banned

Yes but I didn't have no problems in the kc's where you could take a panel back.

Tar

Old Post 10-16-2018 02:23 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
swamp1
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by yadkintar
Jack I got a stack of second place ribbons that midget wasn't the first or the last that's for sure. Like I told you last night in a case where trees are fairly close I used to ask before we shined all one or split ? Because I have seen times where my dog would would be split from three others the coon would be in my tree theirs would be slick they would vote all one with the trees not even touching and I got a last tree instead of a first tree their comment when out voting me was he could have jumped that far or bent that limb over to make it touch.

Tar

Thems pro coons. I can relate to that! 😂

Old Post 10-16-2018 02:23 PM
swamp1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for swamp1 Click here to Send swamp1 a Private Message Find more posts by swamp1 Add swamp1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Redneck Mafia
UKC Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by swamp1
Thems pro coons. I can relate to that! 😂

"TEAM MAFIA"
*NATIONAL GRNITECH GRCH GRNITECH(5) HALL OF FAME PKC PLATIUM CH REDNECK BACKWOODS SHACK
2014 OK STATE CH, 2015 MO PKC LEADER, 2016 PKC NATIONALS SEMIFINALIST, 2016 UKC TOP 20, 2O17 UKC WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 3RD PLACE, 2018 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4, 2018 MO PKC STATE CHAMPION, 2019 AUTUMN OAKS NATIONAL GRNITE CH, 2019 PKC WORLD CH SEMIFINALIST. 2021 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4.
*PKC WORLD CHAMPION PLATNIUM CHAMPION GRNITECH SHACK'S HEATHER ISLAND SOUTHERN STOGIE
2021 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2022 PKC WORLD CHAMPION, 2022 MO PKC STATE LEADER PRO SPORT TRUCK WINNER

RIP
*GRNITECH PKC SCH REDNECK MAFIA PKC HALL OF FAME REPRODUCER INDUCTED 2022
*GRNITECH CH PKC SILVER CH REDNECK SHACK ATTACK aka TAC 2018 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2020 MO PKC STATE LEADER

Old Post 10-16-2018 04:19 PM
Redneck Mafia is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Redneck Mafia Click here to Send Redneck Mafia a Private Message Click Here to Email Redneck Mafia Find more posts by Redneck Mafia Add Redneck Mafia to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

All right, which tree is he "in"?

Old Post 10-16-2018 04:26 PM
Dogwhisper
UKC Forum Member

It doesn't matter which tree it's in....That's two trees .....125x2=250+ just on tree points alone !lol

Old Post 10-16-2018 04:42 PM
Dogwhisper is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dogwhisper Click here to Send Dogwhisper a Private Message Find more posts by Dogwhisper Add Dogwhisper to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Redneck Mafia
UKC Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Dogwhisper
It doesn't matter which tree it's in....That's two trees .....125x2=250+ just on tree points alone !lol

Per the rules we can only score him once and let's say they don't touch at the top either. Alright Allen what do we do lol. Is where the 62 1/2 came from?

"TEAM MAFIA"
*NATIONAL GRNITECH GRCH GRNITECH(5) HALL OF FAME PKC PLATIUM CH REDNECK BACKWOODS SHACK
2014 OK STATE CH, 2015 MO PKC LEADER, 2016 PKC NATIONALS SEMIFINALIST, 2016 UKC TOP 20, 2O17 UKC WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 3RD PLACE, 2018 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4, 2018 MO PKC STATE CHAMPION, 2019 AUTUMN OAKS NATIONAL GRNITE CH, 2019 PKC WORLD CH SEMIFINALIST. 2021 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4.
*PKC WORLD CHAMPION PLATNIUM CHAMPION GRNITECH SHACK'S HEATHER ISLAND SOUTHERN STOGIE
2021 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2022 PKC WORLD CHAMPION, 2022 MO PKC STATE LEADER PRO SPORT TRUCK WINNER

RIP
*GRNITECH CH PKC SILVER CH REDNECK SHACK ATTACK aka TAC 2018 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2020 MO PKC STATE LEADER

Old Post 10-16-2018 04:51 PM
Redneck Mafia is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Redneck Mafia Click here to Send Redneck Mafia a Private Message Click Here to Email Redneck Mafia Find more posts by Redneck Mafia Add Redneck Mafia to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

Teach your dog to split tree!

Old Post 10-16-2018 04:59 PM
Bruce m. Conkey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bruce m. Conkey Click here to Send Bruce m. Conkey a Private Message Click Here to Email Bruce m. Conkey Visit Bruce m. Conkey's homepage! Find more posts by Bruce m. Conkey Add Bruce m. Conkey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Oh my goodness Jen, trees don't touch at top or bottom and one dog is treeing on each tree. Do you give each dog 1/2 of a coon?

Last edited by Richard Lambert on 10-16-2018 at 05:06 PM

Old Post 10-16-2018 05:02 PM
Redneck Mafia
UKC Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Richard Lambert
Oh my goodness, trees don't touch at top or bottom and one dog is treeing on each tree. Do you give each dog 1/2 of a coon?

Yup only Bruce's dog is in for 125 everybody else for split points!

"TEAM MAFIA"

RIP

Old Post 10-16-2018 05:07 PM