UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > UKC Free Classifieds > Coonhound Classifieds > Redbones: Stud Dog and Kennel Promotion > Over 15 Years of My Fireball Line.
Pages (53): « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
In Redman Hound
UKC Forum Member

Weather

Its cooled down here some we went hunting lastnight it was 80 when we left to go but today it feels a little better.

Redman

EDDIE TERRY & NETTA 1-765-774-3301

***WE HAVE STARTED DOGS TIME TO TIME FORSALE. THANKS FOR LOOKING***

***HOME OF WHERE COONDOGS & TREEDOGS ARE BORN NOT MAN MADE***

***A PROVEN LINE OF DOGS THAT IS WORKING GREAT ON BEAR & COON & MT. LION HAVE PLENTY OF REFS. ON THEM YOU CAN CALL.***

********(((One More Little Dump Kennel = Daylight)))********

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!********* I THANK GOD FOR EVERYDAY I'M LIVING & MY 2nd CHANCE ON LIFE *********!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 05-29-2010 09:52 PM
In Redman Hound is offline Click Here to See the Profile for In Redman Hound Click here to Send In Redman Hound a Private Message Click Here to Email In Redman Hound Find more posts by In Redman Hound Add In Redman Hound to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
thecoondawg76
UKC Forum Member

Cooler weather

I'm sure glad it's cooling off should make for some nice hunting and showing. Less than a week away now. I didn't realize it but we had the Arkansas State hunt and show this weekend. To bad I'm over here at my wife's parents house at the other side of the state. I sure would have shown Daisy.

And the closest ones alive to GrNtCh Oklahoma Twister (the #1 reproducing son of Fireball) and GrNtCh Yellow River Rocky (the #2 reproducing son of Fireball) . Thanks to alot of help from my friends.

Handler of:
NtCh GrCh "PR" Dan Langston (Has 2 wins towards GrNtCh in the hunts) ( 10yr old owner asked for me to bring him back to his home) (wouldn't sell) (Ch D8 Dozer (bear hound from all coondog stock, out of my breeding) x NtCh Music/ Kitty) (33% Fireball thru heavy line breeding the highest GrNtCh Fireball blooded hound alive, who is hunt titled )

Home of:
'PR' Atomic Fireball's Harry Lady (GrNtCh. Barnyard Horse Harry x GrCh Daisy (was the highest Fireball blooded female alive)

'PR' Atomic Fireball's Toes ('PR' Atomic Fireball's Fast Talker (nephew to Bookem Danno) x 'PR' Atomic Fireball's Harry Lady

'PR' Atomic Fireball's Little Dixie (NtCh GrCh. 'PR' Dan Langston x 'PR'Harry Lady)

'PR' Atomic Fireball's Two Toes (NtCh GrCh Dan Langston x Atomic Fireball's Toes
Didn't have the deep hunt style I like but is a solid coonhound. Been treeing her own since her second night in the woods at 8 months old.

Former home of:
(Qualified for the 2011 World Hunt) NtCh. 'PR'Swann's Lonesome Red Music/ Kitty RIP (NtCh.Twister's Musical Red Huey x NtCh. Sawblade Red Reckon) RIP

GrNtCh Fireball's Jackpot Jackie, highest placing Redbone female ever, in the UKC World Hunt . RIP

GrCh. 'PR' Atomic Fireball's Little Daisy RIP (Was the highest GrNtCh Fireball blooded female in the world at the time) (Qualified for the 2010 World Show).

'PR' Atomic Fireball's Red River (Daisy x Brown's Oklahoma Twister) RIP (heatstroke)

Ch. D-8 Dozer (Was the Highest blooded GrNtCh Fireball blooded male in the world until I had the GrNtCh Twister pups from here) Was sent to be bear hunted because of his size and me being disabled. RIP

First and only sons of the Old GrNtCh #7 Historical Reproducer Brown's Okl. Twister (the #1 Producing Son of Fireball) in 15 years..

http://atomicfireballkennels.webs.com/
http://forums.ukcdogs.com/showthrea...threadid=341228
Steve Bell

Old Post 05-30-2010 01:53 AM
thecoondawg76 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for thecoondawg76 Click here to Send thecoondawg76 a Private Message Visit thecoondawg76's homepage! Find more posts by thecoondawg76 Add thecoondawg76 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yardman
UKC Forum Member

Red Female

Ark CoonDawg
You have the ped Correct.
Call in interested.
1-256-653-7579

Old Post 05-30-2010 03:47 AM
yardman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yardman Click here to Send yardman a Private Message Find more posts by yardman Add yardman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
davecat

weather

From Monday on thru the rest of the week its supposed we are supposed to have a high of 71 degrees. Finally getting some cooler temps. You guys that have that hot weather more than us must be used to it or suffer. Some rain in the forecast and hope we get it as we need some.

Old Post 05-30-2010 05:16 PM
Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
In Redman Hound
UKC Forum Member

davecat

Hope we get some of that weather down this way its about 94 here now, if u do any hunting u need to hunt on creeks so a dog dont get to hot wish it would stay around 70-75 year round.

Redman

EDDIE TERRY & NETTA 1-765-774-3301

***WE HAVE STARTED DOGS TIME TO TIME FORSALE. THANKS FOR LOOKING***

***HOME OF WHERE COONDOGS & TREEDOGS ARE BORN NOT MAN MADE***

***A PROVEN LINE OF DOGS THAT IS WORKING GREAT ON BEAR & COON & MT. LION HAVE PLENTY OF REFS. ON THEM YOU CAN CALL.***

********(((One More Little Dump Kennel = Daylight)))********

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!********* I THANK GOD FOR EVERYDAY I'M LIVING & MY 2nd CHANCE ON LIFE *********!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old Post 05-30-2010 11:31 PM
In Redman Hound is offline Click Here to See the Profile for In Redman Hound Click here to Send In Redman Hound a Private Message Click Here to Email In Redman Hound Find more posts by In Redman Hound Add In Redman Hound to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
davecat

weather

Now they changed the forecast again for Thur.,Fri,, Sat, Highs in the 60s and lows in the upper 40s to lower 50s at nite with a chance of rain on Thur. Now thats more like it. Hot weather is so hard on the dogs. I now carry portable dog bowls and bottles water for the dogs. Everyone have a safe drive up here and watch out for deer and the turkeys once you get North of Milwaukee.

Old Post 05-31-2010 08:45 PM
VA.REB
UKC Forum Member

THANKS

FOR ALL THE MEMORIES YALL. OLE FIREBALL ALONG WITH BRUNSWICKS LITTLE MAN, SMOKY MT. BRANDY, AND OTHERS, WERE THE RED DOGS THAT WERE SMOKEIN HOT IN THE 80S. WHEN I WAS A TEENAGER THESE WERE THE HOUNDS THAT HELPED TO GET ME NOT TO BE SO COLOR BLIND[ALL I SAW WAS BLACK & TAN]. ANYWAY GOOD LOOKIN HOUNDS AND GOOD MEMORIES. GOD BLESS YALL ALL.

Old Post 06-01-2010 05:20 PM
VA.REB is offline Click Here to See the Profile for VA.REB Click here to Send VA.REB a Private Message Click Here to Email VA.REB Visit VA.REB's homepage! Find more posts by VA.REB Add VA.REB to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
davecat

coondawg

I sent you a pm with my cell phone # along with home phone also. See you Wed.

Old Post 06-02-2010 12:58 AM
okreds
UKC Forum Member

Steve,

I had a good talk with Rick Golden last night. His phone # is 740-370-5407. Tried to put in a good word for you. He will talk to you. Give him a call. He would like to see Clint finished to Nite Ch. If you want to call me, my # is 217-826-5612.

" Why is it that our children can't read the Bible in school, but they can in prison? "

Old Post 06-03-2010 11:46 PM
okreds is offline Click Here to See the Profile for okreds Click here to Send okreds a Private Message Click Here to Email okreds Visit okreds's homepage! Find more posts by okreds Add okreds to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Snuff_52
UKC Forum Member

Re: Treeing

quote:
Originally posted by thecoondawg76
GrCh. Atomic Fireball's Little Daisy full sister to Cade dog above. This dog has only been in the woods 11 times now that includes15 min. drops like this one, a week before she had her pups, to tree a released coon. She is a treeeeee dog and can wind unlike anything I've owned. Has treed a few wild coons on her own to though. I'm just scared to hunt her much yet because of the bad things that have happened in the past and the rarity of her blood, there is no closer bred dog alive and breedable to Old Fireball. Once I have bred her to two more dead males, then I will finish her out of put her in the hunts as the ones of this line before her. She has all the goods for sure she just needs the woods time. She is also by far the most athletic dog I have ever owned.

YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME RIGHT?

Old Post 06-04-2010 05:01 AM
Snuff_52 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Snuff_52 Click here to Send Snuff_52 a Private Message Click Here to Email Snuff_52 Find more posts by Snuff_52 Add Snuff_52 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
davecat

visit

Hey coondawg,, My wife and I enjoyed having you stay here, along with Daisy. Was nice meeting Preston also. You 2 are very good people. I couldnt talk my wife into getting that pup at Redbone days. If you and Preston would have each bought one, then I would have had to get one also on that package deal. Take care and hope to see you again some time. I plan on going to National Redbones days with Annie. Might see you there, Dave

Old Post 06-06-2010 03:11 PM
thecoondawg76
UKC Forum Member

Nope not Kidding a but plenty of Legends of the Redbone Coonhound World to back me up

Had a great time visiting wih you Dave for sure. Daisy and me just felt like we were at home. You'll have to come down here sometime for some runs. Maybe when the snakes aren't out.
I'll write about Redbone Days when I have more time. I went trout fishing in NW Ark. then straight from that to Redbone Days, came back early from that, went to Las Vegas to a teacher's conference got home 2 days ago and now I am heading to look for victims of the flood in the mountains here today with one of my Nat. Guard buddies. So still may be a few before I am back on here

And the closest ones alive to GrNtCh Oklahoma Twister (the #1 reproducing son of Fireball) and GrNtCh Yellow River Rocky (the #2 reproducing son of Fireball) . Thanks to alot of help from my friends.

Handler of:
NtCh GrCh "PR" Dan Langston (Has 2 wins towards GrNtCh in the hunts) ( 10yr old owner asked for me to bring him back to his home) (wouldn't sell) (Ch D8 Dozer (bear hound from all coondog stock, out of my breeding) x NtCh Music/ Kitty) (33% Fireball thru heavy line breeding the highest GrNtCh Fireball blooded hound alive, who is hunt titled )

Home of:
'PR' Atomic Fireball's Harry Lady (GrNtCh. Barnyard Horse Harry x GrCh Daisy (was the highest Fireball blooded female alive)

'PR' Atomic Fireball's Toes ('PR' Atomic Fireball's Fast Talker (nephew to Bookem Danno) x 'PR' Atomic Fireball's Harry Lady

'PR' Atomic Fireball's Little Dixie (NtCh GrCh. 'PR' Dan Langston x 'PR'Harry Lady)

'PR' Atomic Fireball's Two Toes (NtCh GrCh Dan Langston x Atomic Fireball's Toes
Didn't have the deep hunt style I like but is a solid coonhound. Been treeing her own since her second night in the woods at 8 months old.

Former home of:
(Qualified for the 2011 World Hunt) NtCh. 'PR'Swann's Lonesome Red Music/ Kitty RIP (NtCh.Twister's Musical Red Huey x NtCh. Sawblade Red Reckon) RIP

GrNtCh Fireball's Jackpot Jackie, highest placing Redbone female ever, in the UKC World Hunt . RIP

GrCh. 'PR' Atomic Fireball's Little Daisy RIP (Was the highest GrNtCh Fireball blooded female in the world at the time) (Qualified for the 2010 World Show).

'PR' Atomic Fireball's Red River (Daisy x Brown's Oklahoma Twister) RIP (heatstroke)

Ch. D-8 Dozer (Was the Highest blooded GrNtCh Fireball blooded male in the world until I had the GrNtCh Twister pups from here) Was sent to be bear hunted because of his size and me being disabled. RIP

First and only sons of the Old GrNtCh #7 Historical Reproducer Brown's Okl. Twister (the #1 Producing Son of Fireball) in 15 years..

Steve Bell

Old Post 06-12-2010 11:56 AM
thecoondawg76 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for thecoondawg76 Click here to Send thecoondawg76 a Private Message Visit thecoondawg76's homepage! Find more posts by thecoondawg76 Add thecoondawg76 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
thecoondawg76
UKC Forum Member

Debris Field

Well just got back last night and didn't get back up until this evening boy was I tired. Well I didn't find any one but I did find the biggest debris field found so far. It was sure crazy that water could do all that. When I talked to the coroner he was expecting it to take days to sort through. Seen it a few times on the news this evening. In a few days I plan to float the river just to make sure I don't see anything there. I'll write tommorrow about Amer. Red. Days.

Handler of:

Home of:

Former home of:

Steve Bell

Old Post 06-15-2010 04:57 AM
davecat

pup

Hi Steve, The pup is housebroke and is doing good on basic obedience. Got my guide license and have my first customer for bear. Its raining here about every day now and really pouring down right now. Wont make it to National red days. Relatives are coming and bear training season starts July 1. And Annie isnt ready for cometition yet. The pup Kid Rock will be worked on the bench also and will give me something to do in the winter. Too b ad about those people near you.What a freak accident with all that rain. Thanks again for the pup and take care. Dave

Old Post 06-15-2010 04:25 PM
thecoondawg76
UKC Forum Member

Good reports so far.

I haven't had a chance to contact everyone yet, plan to in the next few days, but everyone seems to be well pleased with these pups so far. Especially, how well they act and how easy they are to handle and they sure aren't afraid of water even if it means swimming.

Handler of:

Home of:

Former home of:

Steve Bell

Old Post 06-15-2010 06:08 PM
thecoondawg76
UKC Forum Member

Amer. Redbone Days

Well I had a good time at Redbone Days. Took Daisy out thurs. night for her 20th time to the woods, in the all red fellowship hunt. Keep in mind Daisy has never really seen another dog tree a coon other than the first time I took her out. I drew out with Tim Fenske, in a 3 dog cast, so I knew we would see some coon. We turned loose on the first drop Ruby, who ended up getting 2nd that night with 750+, struck as soon as she hit the woods. Then Daisy went a good ways in and got struck for 75+ she started trailing back toward us and soon came treed by herself for 125+. She locked down good and was treeing hard until about 2 1/2 minutes in. This is when I normally talk to her a bit and then she'll go right back to treeing. Problem is I couldn't talk to her in a competition hunt, so the 2 minutes caught her. Well about 10 minutes after the 2 caught Daisy the other female of the cast trailed a bit and locked down treed. Daisy finally left her tree and came in treed with 75+ with the other female and soon Ruby joined in to. Right before we got to the tree Daisy came back to us a little ways off the tree but out from under the canopy of the tree, and went right back, so I told Tim to minus her. I hadn't said anything before casting her about her coming back to meet me. By herself she had never done that. Daisy was just so happy to have another dog to tree with you could see it in her eyes. She was looking like yippee I have other dogs to tree with. Seen the coon in this tree. We picked up from there and cast them again this time Ruby struck as soon as she hit the woods again. Daisy went a little past her and barked then cut to the left fast and treed, for 75+ and 125+. Right after this the 3rd. female treed by herself again. Daisy was treeing fine and was there the full 5 minutes this time but right as we got to the tree, like 10 ft. from it Daisy disappeared. I told Tim I bet she went to help the other female. Well sure enough they picked her off the tree. That didn't surprise me since this was the first dog she had ever treed with. So yet again Daisy got minus. Which then put her out. We scored coons on both of those trees also. We picked them up and cast them again. This time Ruby struck first again and started working to the side about the time she went to get treed the other female treed. Both dogs were declared treed and right before we got to the tree the other female left her tree and came into Ruby. Right as we got to the tree it sounded like the other female was blowing at Ruby, like she was on the tree before to all the dogs that were in on one tree, well sure enough when we get up to the tree she had bit Ruby and had her bleeding out the mouth. Tim being the sportman that he is let it pass. We picked up from there and both dogs got struck and treed fast on the next one. We recast them from that coon and they got deep the other female came treed and then left but Ruby came treed and stayed, at the same spot. We circled that treed as it was huge and led into several others. The other dog treed again with a few minutes left in the hunt only to leave again and after a fairly long chase to catch her we finally wrapped up the night.

Handler of:

Home of:

Former home of:

Steve Bell

Last edited by thecoondawg76 on 06-15-2010 at 07:10 PM

Old Post 06-15-2010 06:48 PM
thecoondawg76
UKC Forum Member

The Good

What I learned from Daisy's hunt Thurs. night. She can be drug all over the place and still go hunting well that night. We got in at 3 in the morning Thurs. We then rode around in the truck to drop of her pup at it's new home during the day. Only after driving to get to the hunt that night we then had to drive about an hour to get to a satellite club and then drive to the woods from there. She will go as deep if needed to get struck. She will sure get by herself. She will also back another dog even if she wasn't in on the chase. Another plus as some of this line sure will not. Most importantly, she will hang with a dog that is rough around the tree. She also is a completely different hound at the hunts just like all those I've had before her. She was in a whole different gear when out with those other dogs. She isn't a finished hound for sure but for a hound's 20th time to the woods I think she did great considering if she would have just stayed at her trees going like she was, she would have had 800 and something plus points.

Handler of:

Home of:

Former home of:

Steve Bell

Last edited by thecoondawg76 on 06-15-2010 at 08:39 PM

Old Post 06-15-2010 07:27 PM
davecat

pup

Steve, That pup i got from you had a bad reaction to the 7way we gave him. He swelled up with like bee stings all over. Hes on benadryl right now. Trying to get ahold of a vet. You said you had given him his shots and he was due for another. Will let you know how he is.

Old Post 06-16-2010 11:27 PM
thecoondawg76
UKC Forum Member

Shots

I seen on your other post he was doing fine after about 15 minutes. None of the pups had any reaction on their previous shots. My guess is that it may have just hit a bad spot on him or a bad shot. I've never had much trouble like that with my hounds but I have seen some horses have some strange ones for sure. There again normally they were fine on the next shot just something about that one. Sometimes though they are exposed to something before hand (aka the other shots) that shows up when they get the shot. Could be something in the shot he had enough immunities to that it caused it. There again never had a pup do that but for sure have seen some horses do that. Any other problems feel free to give me a call, benadryl was probably about the best thing for him.

Handler of:

Home of:

Former home of:

Steve Bell

Last edited by thecoondawg76 on 06-17-2010 at 12:19 AM

Old Post 06-17-2010 12:15 AM
davecat

pup

Hi Steve, I always draw the plunger back on the syringe to make sure that its not in a vein. There is a name for what the pup is allergic to and I cant remember the name Ill have to call my brother Thursday to find out. He will remember the name.Ill let you know what it is. Had me worried though. Hes growing like a weed and listens real well. Smart as a whip. Im joining the coonclub that held Am. redbone days. Ill be hunting Annie on coon and bear next month up north. Ill have her ready for a hunt soon I hope. Talk to you later.

Old Post 06-17-2010 04:19 AM
thecoondawg76
UKC Forum Member

Shots

Just gave both of mine their Rabies, 7-way, and wormer but no problems. Once you find out the name for what you're talking about let me know. I'd be curious to find out.

Handler of:

Home of:

Former home of:

Steve Bell

Old Post 06-17-2010 04:46 AM
Preston Owens
UKC Forum Member

steve

Hey man lets go huntin when this heat breaks.. Had him checked and he is fine. Just missed it man. take care

Old Post 06-17-2010 01:07 PM
Preston Owens is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Preston Owens Click here to Send Preston Owens a Private Message Find more posts by Preston Owens Add Preston Owens to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
thecoondawg76
UKC Forum Member

That's great Preston

Things had me worried but that is definately good news, got the all clear now. Let's get him ready for the hunts. For sure this 85 plus heat at night stinks. However, here in a week or so me and Mike plan to start taking them out at least a couple of times a week. Far away from any roads! We've got some farm land where we can get pretty deep before turning loose. Now if I could just figure out some way to out run my hounds before they get to a road if they start heading that way. Guess that's what I get for running this Fireball stuff, can't outrun most of them.

Handler of:

Home of:

Former home of:

Steve Bell

Old Post 06-17-2010 02:04 PM
davecat

pup

I got ahold of the Vets assistant who my brother talked to and she told me that the pup probably had a reaction to Lepto. Lepto isnt what my brother remembered. I dont know if I believe that. They said not to give 7way until the pups are 16 weeks old. Ive always given all the pups 7way. Next time he will go to the Vet for the next shots. At least he is OK. I will be giving any pups 5 way until they are 16 weeks from now on though. My Vet, who is a bird dog man, had given my Brittany pup a 7way. Dont know what to believe now. But still will give all new pups 5way till old enough for the 7way. Why else would they have 5way for pups?Got the papers back on him Thursday. Boy is he bred right for what I need. Plan on hunting tonite on the farm. Ran into a nice set of bear tracks there Wed.

Old Post 06-18-2010 03:14 PM
thecoondawg76
UKC Forum Member

Studs

Well I've had a good time the last few days talking to several different folks about frozen semen studs and regular studs. At this point I plan to breed Daisy to as many frozen semen studs as I can. Then breed her to some older studs and then move on to the new guys. Keep waiting for someone to catch me a coon in their garden but no luck so far I sure would like to see what these Bo x Daisy pups will do at 3 months but with the heat we've had I want to know for sure I've got a hot track if I'm going to run pups.

Handler of:

Home of:

Former home of:

Steve Bell

Old Post 06-26-2010 04:51 AM