UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Off Topic > Say It Aint So! No Sweet Tea?
Pages (781): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
VA.REB
UKC Forum Member

Say It Aint So! No Sweet Tea?

I have been invited to go to the Pennsylvania, Ohio border on a short 3 day trip, and a friend told me [ because she knows Im a sweet tea fanatic] that they dont have sweet tea up north. Being born and raised in the old south [Virginia], sweet tea is a staple of life, and I just thought it was everywhere else. Anyway, is this true, because Ive never been across the Potomac river or north of the Mason Dixon line in my life, [unless you count West Virginia, but I dont think you can because the yankees stole it from us]. So is there sweet tea up north or not. If not I may have to cancel my trip[ha , ha]. Is it so or not??? GOD BLESS YALL ALL.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 08-05-2010 03:23 AM
VA.REB is offline Click Here to See the Profile for VA.REB Click here to Send VA.REB a Private Message Click Here to Email VA.REB Visit VA.REB's homepage! Find more posts by VA.REB Add VA.REB to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jek22
UKC Forum Member

mcdondalds sells it every day

Old Post 08-05-2010 03:28 AM
jek22 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jek22 Click here to Send jek22 a Private Message Click Here to Email jek22 Find more posts by jek22 Add jek22 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TBO kennels
UKC Forum Member

My wife makes sweet tea every day. Its easy you boil a few tea packets of tea, add cold water, than add some sugar. LOL

Dave Trumbo II
Kouts, IN
219-309-9257
Home of :
"GR NT CH TBO's Lucy Lawless"

R.I.P. :
"GR NT CH Chief Executive"
"GR NT CH Trumbos Lady"

Old Post 08-05-2010 03:50 AM
TBO kennels is offline Click Here to See the Profile for TBO kennels Click here to Send TBO kennels a Private Message Find more posts by TBO kennels Add TBO kennels to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
chadf
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by jek22
mcdondalds sells it every day

That's the only place I can find it in Alaska. Actually there's several places down south I've had a hard time finding sweet tea like New Orleans and Orlando.

Old Post 08-05-2010 04:39 AM
chadf is offline Click Here to See the Profile for chadf Click here to Send chadf a Private Message Click Here to Email chadf Find more posts by chadf Add chadf to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DocAcumen
UKC Forum Member

TEA....

Sweet....

Not sweet....

Y'all pay TAXES on either right?

Think about it! ROFLMFAO!

Old Post 08-05-2010 07:54 AM
DocAcumen is offline Click Here to See the Profile for DocAcumen Click here to Send DocAcumen a Private Message Find more posts by DocAcumen Add DocAcumen to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bluedogman
UKC Forum Member

You ones don't know nothing bout no sweet tea! I doubt if McDonalds up in that part of the county knows how to make it either!

Reb just get some Lipton's 'Cold Brew' tea bags and take along with you. Makes tea in cold water in just a few minutes. Sweeten it to suit your taste. Can't live without it -- or coffee! I'd be better off without the caffein in this hot weather I'm sure.

Last edited by Bluedogman on 08-05-2010 at 12:22 PM

Old Post 08-05-2010 12:09 PM
Bluedogman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bluedogman Click here to Send Bluedogman a Private Message Find more posts by Bluedogman Add Bluedogman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Blue Iron
UKC Forum Member

I know you can't buy it in resturants in Iowa, Indiana, Ohio or Michigan. Some might sell it, but the vast majority do not.

GRCH GRNITECH"PR" Blue Iron Brummy HTX

Top 100 Finalist 2012 UKC World Hunt.

King of Hunt 2013 BBOA National Bluetick Days

Tree Blue

I use and recommend Backwoods Supplies

Old Post 08-05-2010 01:27 PM
Blue Iron is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Blue Iron Click here to Send Blue Iron a Private Message Click Here to Email Blue Iron Find more posts by Blue Iron Add Blue Iron to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Brad Roe
UKC Forum Member

VA.REB, you might as well cancel your trip....

Old Post 08-05-2010 01:29 PM
Brad Roe is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Brad Roe Click here to Send Brad Roe a Private Message Click Here to Email Brad Roe Find more posts by Brad Roe Add Brad Roe to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Cleo
UKC Forum Member

Thank God for the southern folks!

and McD's too, I recon....

~A man is only as good as his word~

Proud home to;

'PR' Kentucky River Fly Again (Kentucky River Rowdy frozen semen)
ACHA CHT x3 Broken Roads Little Texas (Kentucky River Rowdy x Houses Lipper's Hope)
CH Broken Roads Southern Stylish Boom (Kentucky River Rowdy x Houses Lipper's Hope)
Broken Road's Rowdy Lil Miss (Kentucky River Rowdy x Houses Lipper's Hope)
Broken Road's Meabie I will (Lipper's Rooster x Missy)
Broken Roads IMA Boomer2 (UKC NATL GRCH GRNTCH Honest Abe x Broken Roads Southern Stylish Boom
~~~~~Watch out!~~~~~
They just might make an IMPACT!

and the girls...Punkin and Tater!

Gone by never forgotten ~ Fly high my beautiful angels
~ GRCH GNTCH PKC SC Toucan Sam
~CH Toucan's Ugly Betty
~ CCH CH Southforks September Rain
~ Martin's Daisy JJ (what a beautiful litter you left behind)
~ Luke, the lab who brought us so many doves and ducks over the years
~ UKC GRCH,ACHA CH 2014 LWCH 2014 2 x's ACHA YOUTH WCH AKC CH AKC CH 'PR' Kentucky River Mundar ~ (Kentucky River Rowdy frozen semen) DNA Profiled ~ Fly high, old friend.

"The WILL of God will never take you where the GRACE of God can not protect you!"

Old Post 08-05-2010 01:30 PM
Cleo is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Cleo Click here to Send Cleo a Private Message Find more posts by Cleo Add Cleo to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
LMBEDDINGFIELD
UKC Forum Member

Cracker Barrell and McDonalds....

I would have been in DT's on my recent trip to NY if not for them lol !!!

shanelisa@bellsouth.net

GrCh Pr Melrose Mtn Lead Me Home "Mercy"
2020 Autumn Oaks National Grand Black and Tan
2019 Autumn Oaks National Grand Black and Tan
2017 Black and Tan Days Queen of Show
2017 World Champion Black & Tan Female
2018 Ch of Ch Female Grand American
2019 Ch of Ch Female Winter Classic
2019 Georgia State Show Champion
2020 SC State Queen of Show

Ch Melrose Mtn Diamond in the Rough "Coal"
2019 NC State Best Male of Show
2019 Autumn Oaks Best Male of Show
2019 World Champion B&T Male
2020 SC State Show Champion
2020 Autumn Oaks Champion B&T Male
2020 World Ch Black and Tan Male
2020 World Show Overall Opposite Sex
2020 Purina Nationals Black and Tan Winner

UKC and AKC GrCH Melrose Mtn Hint of Jasmine
2015 Southern English Days BFOS
2017 Southern English Days Ch Female
2018 Southern English Days GrCh Female
2015 Autumn Oaks BFOS
2016 English Day Champion Female and Overall Queen of Show
2018 Autumn Oaks Overall Opposite Sex National Grand
2020 World Champion English Female

UKC GrCh AKC GRCH Melrose Mtn This is My Town (T-Roy) Plott
2015 UKC NC State Opposite Sex Winner
2013 UKC Saluda Coondog Days Gr Male and King of Show
2013 UKC NPHA Plott Days Overall King of Show
2015 National Grand Plott
2018 National Grand Opposite Sex Plott

In Loving Memory
GrCh Melrose Mtn Lil Bit of Beau - "Tucker" 8-28-2006 to 1-21-2011
Ch Melrose Mtn Sugar and Spice "Sugar" 11-17-2011 to 4-6-2014

GrCh Melrose Mtn Amazing Gracie
8-28-2006 to 8-25-2019

GrCh Melrose Mtn Lily
8-26-2004 to 9-4-2019

Yesterday is History
Tomorrow is a Mystery
Today is a Gift
That's why we call it
"The Present"

Old Post 08-05-2010 01:31 PM
LMBEDDINGFIELD is offline Click Here to See the Profile for LMBEDDINGFIELD Click here to Send LMBEDDINGFIELD a Private Message Click Here to Email LMBEDDINGFIELD Find more posts by LMBEDDINGFIELD Add LMBEDDINGFIELD to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
s/s
UKC Forum Member

Ya know that sayin'.....

when life give ya lemons, make lemonade.....

NAH!!
They got it all wrong!!!

When life gives ya lemons, cut it up and put a slice in a tall, cold glass of SWEET ICE TEA and be thankful your from the south!!!! :P

Old Post 08-05-2010 01:51 PM
s/s is offline Click Here to See the Profile for s/s Click here to Send s/s a Private Message Click Here to Email s/s Visit s/s's homepage! Find more posts by s/s Add s/s to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dale Young
UKC Forum Member

I used to have a good time watching Randal Lee trying to order sweet tea when he'd get up this way. You wouldn't believe the assortment of lemonades and such he'd have to try.

Old Post 08-05-2010 02:35 PM
Dale Young is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dale Young Click here to Send Dale Young a Private Message Click Here to Email Dale Young Find more posts by Dale Young Add Dale Young to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
John D
UKC Forum Member

The only difference between sweetened tea and unsweetened tea is about a half bag of sugar and the obesity level of the people drinking it.

Good tea doesn't need all that sugar in it to taste good. You could dump that much sugar in piss swamp water and it would taste good.....hmmm.

Click here to visit The B&T Coonhunters Message Forum for news, views, open discussion, ads, and event winners in the B&T Breed (Registration, with your full name, required)

Click here to see my Dog List

Old Post 08-05-2010 02:37 PM
John D is offline Click Here to See the Profile for John D Click here to Send John D a Private Message Click Here to Email John D Visit John D's homepage! Find more posts by John D Add John D to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Cleo
UKC Forum Member

John D....

You haven't had the right sweet tea then.

McD's maybe OK, but there's NOTHING better then home brewed sweet tea with a home cooked meal.

~A man is only as good as his word~

Proud home to;

'PR' Kentucky River Fly Again (Kentucky River Rowdy frozen semen)
ACHA CHT x3 Broken Roads Little Texas (Kentucky River Rowdy x Houses Lipper's Hope)
CH Broken Roads Southern Stylish Boom (Kentucky River Rowdy x Houses Lipper's Hope)
Broken Road's Rowdy Lil Miss (Kentucky River Rowdy x Houses Lipper's Hope)
Broken Road's Meabie I will (Lipper's Rooster x Missy)
Broken Roads IMA Boomer2 (UKC NATL GRCH GRNTCH Honest Abe x Broken Roads Southern Stylish Boom
~~~~~Watch out!~~~~~
They just might make an IMPACT!

and the girls...Punkin and Tater!

Gone by never forgotten ~ Fly high my beautiful angels
~ GRCH GNTCH PKC SC Toucan Sam
~CH Toucan's Ugly Betty
~ CCH CH Southforks September Rain
~ Martin's Daisy JJ (what a beautiful litter you left behind)
~ Luke, the lab who brought us so many doves and ducks over the years
~ UKC GRCH,ACHA CH 2014 LWCH 2014 2 x's ACHA YOUTH WCH AKC CH AKC CH 'PR' Kentucky River Mundar ~ (Kentucky River Rowdy frozen semen) DNA Profiled ~ Fly high, old friend.

"The WILL of God will never take you where the GRACE of God can not protect you!"

Old Post 08-05-2010 02:54 PM
Cleo is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Cleo Click here to Send Cleo a Private Message Find more posts by Cleo Add Cleo to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
psiskjr
UKC Forum Member

Reb you are in for a tough trip. They dont have sweet tea north or the Mason Dixon and much west of the Mississippi. Been there done that! Once was in Canada bear hunting, just north of the Minnesota border and met a girl from Texas that made us a whole pot of sweet tea just because she met some southern boys. Worse though is those places that have it dont know how to make it with real sugar and use artificial sweetners. It is lacking to say the least.

psiskjr

Old Post 08-05-2010 03:04 PM
psiskjr is offline Click Here to See the Profile for psiskjr Click here to Send psiskjr a Private Message Click Here to Email psiskjr Find more posts by psiskjr Add psiskjr to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
LMBEDDINGFIELD
UKC Forum Member

My husband says good sweet tea can substitute for Pancake Syrup lol!!!

Yes sir it has got to be sweet!!!

and do not even get me started on the Dukes Mayo.... the do not sell it in NY either..... No I know why I always bring mine from home!!!

shanelisa@bellsouth.net

2015 Autumn Oaks BFOS

In Loving Memory

8-28-2006 to 8-25-2019

GrCh Melrose Mtn Lily
8-26-2004 to 9-4-2019

Yesterday is History
Tomorrow is a Mystery
Today is a Gift
That's why we call it
"The Present"

Old Post 08-05-2010 03:12 PM
LMBEDDINGFIELD is offline Click Here to See the Profile for LMBEDDINGFIELD Click here to Send LMBEDDINGFIELD a Private Message Click Here to Email LMBEDDINGFIELD Find more posts by LMBEDDINGFIELD Add LMBEDDINGFIELD to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
VA.REB
UKC Forum Member

WELL THATS IT !!

If things are that bad up there , I AINT GOING!! My daughter just informed me that when she went to Washington D.C , she couldnt get it either, they gave her a tea bag and a cup of hot water[you have got to be kiddin me]. Anyway, Im glad there is a big river, [the Potomac] that seperates us, [sometimes I wish it was a wall]. Thanks my SOUTHERN BROTHERS for all the info, you may have saved my life[ha,ha]. GOD BLESS YALL ALL.

Old Post 08-05-2010 03:28 PM
VA.REB is offline Click Here to See the Profile for VA.REB Click here to Send VA.REB a Private Message Click Here to Email VA.REB Visit VA.REB's homepage! Find more posts by VA.REB Add VA.REB to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bluedogman
UKC Forum Member

How much is a cup of bottled mountain water in NY?

Old Post 08-05-2010 03:33 PM
Bluedogman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bluedogman Click here to Send Bluedogman a Private Message Find more posts by Bluedogman Add Bluedogman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
1nighthunter
UKC Forum Member

Logans Steakhouse is the only place up in yankee land that I have found that has sweet tea and thats only because they started up in the south

Just run by Franklin County and pick you some of that ole Mountian Dew and you want miss your sweet tea at all

Old Post 08-05-2010 03:45 PM
1nighthunter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 1nighthunter Click here to Send 1nighthunter a Private Message Click Here to Email 1nighthunter Find more posts by 1nighthunter Add 1nighthunter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
anscox
UKC Forum Member

LMBEDDINGFIELD....

Don't get me started on the Duke's mayo! We moved to TN from NC in 1986. Until a few years ago, we didn't have Duke's Mayo so my Dad would cart home a trunk load full of it when we went visiting family. LOL.

Same thing with Sun Drop, which we didn't have until the late 90's. Now, if we could just get liver mush to cross over the gorge we'd be doing good here in TN!

As for the tea situation, I nearly died going to California and Orgeon while I was pregnant. Sweet tea was about the only thing I could keep down, and of coarse they didn't have it past Colorado! Horrible trip. Cracker Barrell and McD's at least have it traveling north, though I did find some McD's in NY that didn't offer it?

CH 'PR' Cox's Absolute Envy
CH 'PR' White Liar's Just A Digit
Hillbilly Bones

Gone but Not Forgotten:
CH 'PR' Cox's Sweet Mountain Magic 2005-2010

Old Post 08-05-2010 03:47 PM
anscox is offline Click Here to See the Profile for anscox Click here to Send anscox a Private Message Click Here to Email anscox Visit anscox's homepage! Find more posts by anscox Add anscox to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bluedogman
UKC Forum Member

How you think these Southern Belles got so purdy?

Old Post 08-05-2010 04:01 PM
LMBEDDINGFIELD
UKC Forum Member

I did not realize until I did not take my Dukes on my recent NY trip......

Got some store brand and it liked to have killed us all lol !!!!!!

Never again will I EVER leave home without my sugar for my tea and my Dukes Mayo!!!!

LOL I even usually take my Liver Mush too!!! Want me to bring you some lol!!

shanelisa@bellsouth.net

2015 Autumn Oaks BFOS

In Loving Memory

8-28-2006 to 8-25-2019

GrCh Melrose Mtn Lily
8-26-2004 to 9-4-2019

Yesterday is History
Tomorrow is a Mystery
Today is a Gift
That's why we call it
"The Present"

Old Post 08-05-2010 04:07 PM
Bluedogman
UKC Forum Member

Naw!!!

Old Post 08-05-2010 04:11 PM
Bluedogman
UKC Forum Member

We cheat on it a little and sweeten lightly with Splenda!

Old Post 08-05-2010 04:13 PM
SCBluetickGal
UKC Forum Member

My dad's family is from Indy, and I haven't been up that way since I was a kid...but I sure remember hating not being able to get sweet tea or grits in restaurants! Sure am glad he never decided to try to move us up there.

CH'PR'Moss Blue Carolina Rain-Queen of Show, BBOA Zone 6 Championship
NITECH CH 'PR' Carolina Flo
CH 'PR' Poison Whiskey Waylon
CH 'PR' Cruse's I'm Your Huckleberry
CH'PR' PoisonWhiskey WildHoney
'PR' Poison Whiskey CowgirlsDontCry
CH'PR' Bowers & O'Connor's Foxy Roxy
PoisonWhiskey SonOfTheSouth

Poison Whiskey Hello Darlin'-2013 AL State BMOS, AL State Hall of Fame King of Show

PoisonWhiskey LilMsHonkyTonk

Coming Soon...
PoisonWhiskeyMaybeItWasMemphis
PoisonWhiskey Heart Like Mine
-------------------------
In loving memory...
CCH GRCH 'PR' Swampland Blue Gypsy-RIP sweet girl
'PR' Miller Time

Old Post 08-05-2010 04:31 PM
SCBluetickGal is offline Click Here to See the Profile for SCBluetickGal Click here to Send SCBluetickGal a Private Message Click Here to Email SCBluetickGal Find more posts by SCBluetickGal Add SCBluetickGal to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote