UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > World Champs going Head to Head!!!
Pages (4): « First ... « 2 3 [4]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Preacher Tom
UKC Forum Member

You hear so much about competition dogs striking off the leash, going a mile before they start hunting but that's not what I saw in these dogs. They did appear to be very independent but from what I could tell I would be more than proud to hunt either of these dogs. Congratulations to both men and their dogs. Thanks Josh for making it where so many could watch it. On of the best things to happen in the coon hound world in a while.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 12-24-2019 02:57 AM
Preacher Tom is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Preacher Tom Click here to Send Preacher Tom a Private Message Click Here to Email Preacher Tom Find more posts by Preacher Tom Add Preacher Tom to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rick brocious
UKC Forum Member

Congratulations to all involved especially and thanks Josh for bringing it to us .

Old Post 12-24-2019 02:58 AM
rick brocious is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rick brocious Click here to Send rick brocious a Private Message Find more posts by rick brocious Add rick brocious to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
2ol2hunt
UKC Forum Member

Enjoyed the show...a job well done

Old Post 12-24-2019 03:25 AM
2ol2hunt is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 2ol2hunt Click here to Send 2ol2hunt a Private Message Click Here to Email 2ol2hunt Find more posts by 2ol2hunt Add 2ol2hunt to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ricochet17
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by rick brocious
Congratulations to all involved especially and thanks Josh for bringing it to us .

2nd that. Thanks to everyone involved.

Old Post 12-24-2019 04:30 AM
Ricochet17 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ricochet17 Click here to Send Ricochet17 a Private Message Find more posts by Ricochet17 Add Ricochet17 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Allen / UKC
Administrator

Nicely done Josh! Congrats to Kevin and Bank on winning the hunt!

Old Post 12-24-2019 01:51 PM
Allen / UKC is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Allen / UKC Click here to Send Allen / UKC a Private Message Click Here to Email Allen / UKC Find more posts by Allen / UKC Add Allen / UKC to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Adam Wingler
UKC Forum Member

I'm just glad this thread was approved by the self proclaimed UKC lead forum moderator so that it didn't disappear.

It was a cool show, watched it last night as I got rained out.

Old Post 12-24-2019 02:44 PM
Adam Wingler is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Adam Wingler Click here to Send Adam Wingler a Private Message Click Here to Email Adam Wingler Find more posts by Adam Wingler Add Adam Wingler to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Hunt

This hunt was a prime example of a cast of top coon hounds, where the winner was not determined until the last tree was scored. You can't get any closer than that, congratulations to both dogs and kudos to every one that made this hunt happen. Dave

Old Post 12-24-2019 03:55 PM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
N Williams
UKC Forum Member

Very Nice Josh. I enjoyed that.

Old Post 12-24-2019 05:43 PM
N Williams is offline Click Here to See the Profile for N Williams Click here to Send N Williams a Private Message Find more posts by N Williams Add N Williams to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Eric Piatt
UKC Forum Member

Great job Josh! Enjoyed it!!

Old Post 12-24-2019 07:52 PM
Eric Piatt is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Eric Piatt Click here to Send Eric Piatt a Private Message Click Here to Email Eric Piatt Find more posts by Eric Piatt Add Eric Piatt to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bolden1
UKC Forum Member

Awesome job Josh

Congrats

2005 ukc Wldntch Grntch Bolden & Turpins
Insane jane. Handler/past owner
2005 over all setwd over all winner nt.ch
Bentley high dollar Lucy
2006 akc national pup champion Drop Dead
Fred ( Handler/ past owner)
2008 Ukc Ky State Champion Grntch High X
Pectations ( Handler / past owner)
2009 akc Ky State Champion Grntch
Hardwood X Press ( handler/ trainer)

Gr.Nt.Ch Big D & Joplins Super Sally

Old Post 12-24-2019 08:55 PM
Bolden1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bolden1 Click here to Send Bolden1 a Private Message Find more posts by Bolden1 Add Bolden1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rocketman55
UKC Forum Member

Congrats to both hounds and their owners/handlers for bringing us a coon hunt that only a few can dream about. Both hounds di OK for hunting in late december when the coons are in their semi-hibernation.

Additional thanks to all participants and sponsors for giving of their time and money to let the rest of us enjoy this type of head to head competition.

A really enjoyed all of this. Hope it happens again in the future.

Glouster, Ohio 45732
Home To:
Gr.Nt.Ch. Hooper Ridge Hang'em High Holly
Gr.Nt.Ch. Hooper Ridge Rockets Top Gun.
Gr.Nt.Ch.Hooper Ridge Rocket
Gr.Nt.Ch Hooper Ridge Dolly
Nt.Ch Hooper Ridge Queen
Nt.Ch Raw Dawg Rowdy
PR Tree Banging Buddy
HOOPER RIDGE ENGLISH-POUND FOR POUND THEY ARE ONE TOUGH HOUND!!!!

Old Post 12-25-2019 11:01 PM
Rocketman55 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rocketman55 Click here to Send Rocketman55 a Private Message Click Here to Email Rocketman55 Find more posts by Rocketman55 Add Rocketman55 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Kenneth Tavares
Banned

Nice job!

1/24/02---5/21/12
Manning, South Carolina
Ph. 803-840-2013
If you text this number you won’t get a response unless you include your name.

💰💰Click blue link to check us out on Facebook💰💰
👉🏼 Tavares' First Class Black & Tans 👈🏼

Tone it down guys, or they will delete another good topic...

Old Post 12-26-2019 12:10 AM
Kenneth Tavares is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Kenneth Tavares Click here to Send Kenneth Tavares a Private Message Click Here to Email Kenneth Tavares Find more posts by Kenneth Tavares Add Kenneth Tavares to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
RunInMi
New UKC Forum Member

Den trees

I enjoyed the video and I am sure these men are packing some coon dogs. My question is why so many den trees. I understand its December and these coon may not move far from their den but I believe these dogs trailed some of these coon they treed quite a little ways. Were these coon out feeding and decided to call it a night early and headed back to their den and the dogs picked up the track while these coon were already back in bed? Did these coon hightail it to the den once they heard the dogs? What are everyone's thoughts on this? Certainly not trying to start anything bad here. Just curious.

Old Post 12-27-2019 03:30 PM
RunInMi is offline Click Here to See the Profile for RunInMi Click here to Send RunInMi a Private Message Click Here to Email RunInMi Find more posts by RunInMi Add RunInMi to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Josh Michaelis
UKC Forum Member

Re: Den trees

quote:
Originally posted by RunInMi
I enjoyed the video and I am sure these men are packing some coon dogs. My question is why so many den trees. I understand its December and these coon may not move far from their den but I believe these dogs trailed some of these coon they treed quite a little ways. Were these coon out feeding and decided to call it a night early and headed back to their den and the dogs picked up the track while these coon were already back in bed? Did these coon hightail it to the den once they heard the dogs? What are everyone's thoughts on this? Certainly not trying to start anything bad here. Just curious.

I have given up trying to understand the whims of raccoons, but what I do know, is that from about Thanksgiving till spring coon movement is pretty spotty in the Midwest. You'll tree em like crazy for an hour or two out of every night, and when they aren't moving you'll go a mile and a half to tree a den.

Old Post 12-27-2019 08:27 PM
Josh Michaelis is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Josh Michaelis Click here to Send Josh Michaelis a Private Message Click Here to Email Josh Michaelis Find more posts by Josh Michaelis Add Josh Michaelis to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Preacher Tom
UKC Forum Member

Re: Re: Den trees

quote:
Originally posted by Josh Michaelis
I have given up trying to understand the whims of raccoons, but what I do know, is that from about Thanksgiving till spring coon movement is pretty spotty in the Midwest. You'll tree em like crazy for an hour or two out of every night, and when they aren't moving you'll go a mile and a half to tree a den.

Josh this is so true. I went tonight and made four turnouts in places I regularly tree coons. Dogs hunted deep and thorough. In three hours never struck a track or made a layup. Now my dogs are not the caliber that were in this hunt but I am not used to not treeing a coon. 3 hours and I came home. Really didn't see anything moving.

Old Post 12-28-2019 04:06 AM
Preacher Tom is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Preacher Tom Click here to Send Preacher Tom a Private Message Click Here to Email Preacher Tom Find more posts by Preacher Tom Add Preacher Tom to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Tom Wood

Dang, guess I should be happy, turned loose 2 times treed 2 singles, home by 10pm. Lazy Boy time , I am just a 2 to 3 drop per night hunter these days. Lol. Dave

Old Post 12-28-2019 04:48 AM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rolin Blues
UKC Forum Member

Josh

Thx for getting this hunt put together & for doing a fine job presenting it to us.

I would totally agree with coon movement in my area being extra tough this time of year. Made more den trees & bluff dens in the last 3 weeks than i've made in years. Dropped dogs in spots i always tree coon in, but they just don't seem to be moving good or head straight to dens like never before. Had several deer hunters tell me they have seen coon laying dead, so maybe distemper or some other disease is taking it's toll on our population too. Take care, Ron.

Old Post 12-28-2019 04:13 PM
Rolin Blues is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rolin Blues Click here to Send Rolin Blues a Private Message Find more posts by Rolin Blues Add Rolin Blues to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Josh Michaelis
UKC Forum Member

After the hunt we treed several coons with Bank and a pup out of Emmy and Big Money.

The last two weeks have been the best coon hunting I have ever seen in our area. The worst night we have had was 6 singles by 11 o'clock. One night we treed 14 by 10:30.

We get snow pack or a few cold days and nights it will be like someone just turned them off. Lots of folks think it is easy up here all the time, but it isn't. There are lots times when treeing a coon is hard to do.

Old Post 12-29-2019 04:58 PM
Josh Michaelis is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Josh Michaelis Click here to Send Josh Michaelis a Private Message Click Here to Email Josh Michaelis Find more posts by Josh Michaelis Add Josh Michaelis to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
AAThoundhunter
UKC Forum Member

2020 Showdown?

Josh,

Is there any plans to get the 2020 world champions together for a showdown?

Old Post 11-24-2020 08:56 PM
AAThoundhunter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for AAThoundhunter Click here to Send AAThoundhunter a Private Message Find more posts by AAThoundhunter Add AAThoundhunter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
delta nightlife
UKC Forum Member

Wouldn’t mind seeing another round myself

Old Post 11-25-2020 01:49 AM
delta nightlife is offline Click Here to See the Profile for delta nightlife Click here to Send delta nightlife a Private Message Click Here to Email delta nightlife Find more posts by delta nightlife Add delta nightlife to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
2ol2hunt
UKC Forum Member

Works for me too! Lol

Old Post 11-25-2020 02:47 PM
2ol2hunt is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 2ol2hunt Click here to Send 2ol2hunt a Private Message Click Here to Email 2ol2hunt Find more posts by 2ol2hunt Add 2ol2hunt to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Josh Michaelis
UKC Forum Member

Re: 2020 Showdown?

quote:
Originally posted by AAThoundhunter
Josh,

Is there any plans to get the 2020 world champions together for a showdown?

While I would love to do this again the logistics of it is not easy. Mostly it comes down to time and money. Lane and Kevin basically did this last year for only their expenses paid. Our advertisers were fantastic, but there were several people that committed and then backed out last minute leaving the hunters and myself to foot the bill. While I have no doubt Scott and Zach would gladly do it, we would have to find a place closer to the both of them and get the time to do it. With my schedule and theirs that will prove to be difficult.

So long story short, the answer is that it is unlikely, but we will try. Even if it is not those two we will still try and find a high level heads up match between two well known dogs to film for this year's finale.

The filming for the show starts tonight, and we are hoping to start airing episodes again in two weeks if not earlier.

Last edited by Josh Michaelis on 11-28-2020 at 08:26 AM

Old Post 11-26-2020 04:16 PM
honalieh
UKC Forum Member

Re: Hunting champions

quote:
Originally posted by wart
Pca hunted Smith's hardrock and hillbilly Mac for the public 35 years ago both were champions in there division and world hunt

I remember this. They went on tour!!!

Old Post 11-28-2020 05:50 AM
honalieh is offline Click Here to See the Profile for honalieh Click here to Send honalieh a Private Message Click Here to Email honalieh Find more posts by honalieh Add honalieh to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
AAThoundhunter
UKC Forum Member

Heads up

I think a Venus and shock matchup would be interesting for us...

Old Post 11-28-2020 02:59 PM
AAThoundhunter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for AAThoundhunter Click here to Send AAThoundhunter a Private Message Find more posts by AAThoundhunter Add AAThoundhunter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote