UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > UKC Free Classifieds > Coonhound Classifieds > Blueticks: Stud Dog and Kennel Promotion > Misty River Kennels
Pages (77): « First ... « 70 71 [72] 73 74 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

Sheba 11

Sure glad to have this little girl home. Joey Walters has had her at his house for the past couple of months, hunting her and putting her in some competition hunts. I think he won 3 casts with her and I think she likes 3 more wins to be grand. I thank Joey and Tad for everything they've done. I took her out hunting last night and looked at 2 in short order.

Last edited by Misty river on 02-24-2021 at 01:07 AM

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 02-24-2021 12:57 AM
Misty river is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Misty river Click here to Send Misty river a Private Message Click Here to Email Misty river Find more posts by Misty river Add Misty river to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

Sheba 11

Took Sheba and my Jim pup out again tonight. I cast them down a branch, they went In a ways and never struck. After a while they came back in and we moved on down toward the river. I turned them out near a feeder, trying to get my pup on a good track, but they didn't strike on the feeder. They went on in about 350 yards and the pup came back, but about the time he got back to me Sheba struck. Jim heard Sheba when she struck and took off back to her. I was watching the Garmen and right after he got to her she treed and he treed with her for a short time, but he quit treeing before I got to them. He stayed close to the tree and he would get up on it and smell. I petted him up some. I didn't find him at first, but I shook a vine and he looked at me. That's 3 for 3 since I got her back. Sheba has always been real accurate so I thought I would keep up with it for a while, The only trouble with that is me finding them. If he don't look at me I have trouble finding them, but we'll see how it goes.

Last edited by Misty river on 02-24-2021 at 05:28 AM

Old Post 02-24-2021 05:07 AM
Misty river is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Misty river Click here to Send Misty river a Private Message Click Here to Email Misty river Find more posts by Misty river Add Misty river to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

Squirrel hunt

We had a good hunt this morning. We hunted where there was a lot of big pines and not many vines, but with some good dog work and these guy not missing very many, We managed to get 15.

Last edited by Misty river on 02-25-2021 at 09:55 PM

Old Post 02-25-2021 09:51 PM
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

Sheba 11 and Ruby

Tad Walters came over and hunted with me last night, he brought Ruby along and I hunted Sheba 11. We had a good hunt and Ruby did a good job. It was a good night to coonhunt. It was a dark night and the temp was about right. It was misting rain at times. We made two trees with coons on the outside and two den trees. The only problem we had was at some times during the hunt Sheba lost her Shock Collar that I keep on her to tone her back in at the end of the hunt if she's too far to hear me call her. the picture above shows that she still had it on at the first tree. We are going hunting in that same area tonight and we will be on the lookout for it. It will be flashing for the next 24 hrs. or so, but they did a lot of trailing in those sloughs so I have no hope of finding it. I called my friend Jeremy Purvis this morning and he told me that he had a collar just like mine that he had lost the remote a while back, so I took my remote over there and we hooked it up and charged it and it works fine. Good friends, We cant make it with out them.

Last edited by Misty river on 03-07-2021 at 01:40 AM

Old Post 03-06-2021 10:19 PM
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

Sheba 11

Old Post 03-18-2021 02:40 AM
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

Sheba and Ruby

Tad Walters came over last night and Brought Ruby over for a hunt. and also brought Tate and another young guy with him, I'm sorry I cant remember the other boys name, but them are two tough young boys. We had a good hunt. They struck the first one real quick and took him in about 150 yards and jammed him in a den tree. He was on the inside so we didn't get to look at him. We loaded up and went on down toward the river. We cast them and they struck at 500 yards and worked it on in to 750 yards and treed. We got on the side by side and got to within about 175 yards and started walking. We came to a big slough and they were treed on the other side. I told Tad that the only place to cross without getting wet was back at the side by side, so we walked back and crossed the slough, Them 2 girls were knocking the top out of it. When we got to them they were treed up a tall Cypress. Tad found the coon pretty quick. We leashed the dogs and went back to the side by side. The boys were still wide open, but me and Tad were pretty tired so we called it a night.

Last edited by Misty river on 03-22-2021 at 12:54 AM

Old Post 03-22-2021 12:30 AM
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

Sheba 11

had a nice hunt with Sheba and Jim last night. We just made one tree. I wanted to get another coon out on Jim. We treed one pretty quick and the coon was looking at me. but I had left the rifle at home on the porch, so we made it a short hunt.

Last edited by Misty river on 04-06-2021 at 07:10 PM

Old Post 04-06-2021 07:04 PM
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

Sheba 11

Took Sheba out to the river last night and she gave me a scare. She treed the first coon with no problem. She did a good job and The coon was sitting up there looking at me in a big Turkey pine. It looked to be a big boar coon. We left him to run again. We moved on down closer to the river, where I knew there was a lot of backwater, but I was hoping we would not get in it. I had not been hunting in there for about 3 weeks on account of all the rain we have had. Sheba Struck a hot track and headed toward the river. If she had headed south down the river I would not have worried to much for it was about 500 hundred yards before she would have gotten to the back water, but when she got close to the river she turned north upriver and she only had to go about 100 yards and I heard the splash when she hit the back water and I started worrying. The water is deep in there and you never know when a dog might get tangled up in vines. I have had 3 or 4 dogs in my life to get hung up in the back waters, but I was always able to get in there and get them unhung before they drowned. I went back up river in hopes that I could cross at an old lake drain and maybe cut her off, but the water was much too deep in there. I came back to the closes point I could get to her and looked at the Garmin and she was getting deeper. Sheba has always been a good handling dog so I called her a couple of times and watching the Garmin I saw her turn and start back toward me. I was a proud fellow when I saw her eyes coming across that last stretch of backwater . Yea, I hugged her and petted her up when she got to me. The rains are suppose to come back again over the next couple of days so it will be awhile before I venture back down on the river hunting.

Last edited by Misty river on 04-23-2021 at 08:05 PM

Old Post 04-23-2021 07:13 PM
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

Sheba, Ruby and Pearl

Havent been able to get back into the woods for a while with all this rain, but looks like it may get a chance to dry out over the next couple of weeks. We will probably be wanting some rain by then.

Last edited by Misty river on 05-23-2021 at 03:23 AM

Old Post 05-23-2021 03:19 AM
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

Sheba11

Took Sheba out for a round last night. It had been about a month since she had been out due to all the rain and flooding we have had over the last few months. She has put on some weight lately. She did a good job. She treed two pretty quick. There is so many leaves that I didn't get to see either one, but I'm pretty sure she had them. I did see one that we didn't tree, sitting up out over the backwater.

Last edited by Misty river on 05-25-2021 at 06:27 PM

Old Post 05-25-2021 06:17 PM
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

Sheba, Ruby and Pearl

Had a good hunt tonight with Jeremy, Tad and Tate. We made several trees and the dogs did a good job. Tate is making a fine coonhunter.

Last edited by Misty river on 05-28-2021 at 07:04 AM

Old Post 05-28-2021 06:53 AM
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

Sheba 11

Sheba did a good job tonight, she went in about 400 yards and struck a working track. worked it out and got it moving good. Had a good race. locked the tree up right. It was a hugh oak. I shined it some. but there could have been 3 bears up there and ifthey hadn't looked you would not have found them. We just treed the one and called it a night.

Last edited by Misty river on 06-23-2021 at 05:26 AM

Old Post 06-23-2021 05:17 AM
shadinc
UKC Forum Member

Glad to see you're still at it, Jack.

Old Post 06-26-2021 07:29 PM
shadinc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shadinc Click here to Send shadinc a Private Message Click Here to Email shadinc Find more posts by shadinc Add shadinc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

Donald

you know how us old coonhunters are. We won't ever quit it. It will have to Quit us. I still enjoy a good pleasure hunt as much as ever. Nothing like seeing that pup progress a little each night, and then come on that tree for the first time. Donald, good to hear from you my friend, Take care. and keep me posted on some of your hunts.

Old Post 06-26-2021 11:01 PM
Roger Smith
UKC Forum Member

Sheba

I'd sure like to back her up to Bullet 11 one time!

Old Post 06-29-2021 06:42 AM
Roger Smith is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Roger Smith Click here to Send Roger Smith a Private Message Click Here to Email Roger Smith Find more posts by Roger Smith Add Roger Smith to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

Sheba and Sadie

Had a good hunt with Sheba and Sadie tonight. Sadie is a young female that I acquired recently from Mr. Randy Kurtz from Huron SD. She turns 6 Mo. old tomorrow She is coming along fine and is doing a little better each time out I sure am liking her. I'll put her pedigree up a little later. You know next month I'll be 75 years old and I've been roaming these Pearl River Swamps almost all of those years and I saw something tonight that I have never seen before. I saw a Mississippi Mud Snake. It was a real pretty Snake. Although most people will say there aint no such thing as a pretty snake, but this one was. He was orange and Black, about 4 feet long. I wished I had taken a picture of it. If you would like to see one you can pull it up on computer. They say it is a real secretive Snake and is seldom seen. And they are nonpoisonous.

Last edited by Misty river on 07-06-2021 at 07:09 AM

Old Post 07-06-2021 06:37 AM
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

Sheba 11 and Ruby

A pretty exciting coonhunt last night in the Pearl River Swamps With Tad, Joey and Tate Walters especially on the first tree. We turned Sheba and Ruby down a spring fed branch and they struck a working track pretty quick and moved it on down the branch about 200 yards. Ruby and Sheba treed about the same time, both dogs were treeing hard. We noticed that there was a lull in Sheba's treeing there for a minute and she went back to treeing hard. The top picture is what we saw when we got to the tree. The second picture is Joey Climbing up to get Sheba. The third picture is Joey, very much exhausted after climbing up and getting Sheba out of the tree. Tate with Sheba and Tad with Ruby. They did have the coon,but he was a lot higher than Sheba. We left him to run again, but I did go back down there today and cut that tree down. We did make two more trees and saw one more coon. The dogs did a great job. Sure enjoyed the hunt fellows. Sheba was about 25 feet up off the ground in that tree. I had never seen her climb before.

Last edited by Misty river on 07-10-2021 at 12:43 AM

Old Post 07-09-2021 11:36 PM
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

Gr.Ch.Gr.Nite Ch."PR"Misty River Blue Sheba

Old Sheba posed with her owner Jack Smith. Sheba will be 13 years old soon. She has been a good one. I moved her into an air conditioned house and she is proud of that. I won't be hunting her this summer because of the heat, But if she is doing good I will hunt her some this winter. These good ones get old way too fast.

Last edited by Misty river on 07-28-2021 at 06:40 PM

Old Post 07-28-2021 06:22 PM
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

Sheba 11

notebook keypad

Tad and Tate Walters came over last night for a hunt. They didn't bring Ruby as she is in season. We took my pup along with Sheba, but it wasn't a great night for a pup, for the tracks were cold. We did tree 3 and saw 2 of them, but Sheba had to work for them. Tad will usually find him if the coon is there. The last track she treed a little over 500 yards down river. That was a pretty good walk for Tate, but he made it fine. I sure injoyed the hunt.

Last edited by Misty river on 08-04-2021 at 04:34 PM

Old Post 08-04-2021 04:13 PM
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

Coonhunt

Toby Hudson came up out of La. last night and brought his Two Dogs Dynamite and Rip. We had a real good hunt. All the dogs did a good job. I had hunted with Dynamite before, and I knew he was a nice dog, but this was the first Time the pup had ever been in the woods. The pup is out of Gr.Nite Ch. Racket Ridge Crash. This was the first time the pup was in the woods and he had never seen a coon. He sure impressed me. We treed 3 coons and looked at all 3 of them and shot one out to the pup. I sure enjoyed the hunt Toby, come back anytime.

Last edited by Misty river on 08-07-2021 at 12:40 AM

Old Post 08-07-2021 12:02 AM
Kajun HardTymes
New UKC Forum Member

Had a great hunt with my friend Jack Smith. How ironic it is that on this day 47 years ago l went into the Marines In Parris Island SC. Hope you get well soon my friend can't wait to make another hunt.

Old Post 08-24-2021 12:00 AM
Kajun HardTymes is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Kajun HardTymes Click here to Send Kajun HardTymes a Private Message Click Here to Email Kajun HardTymes Find more posts by Kajun HardTymes Add Kajun HardTymes to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Kajun HardTymes
New UKC Forum Member

Had a great hunt with my friend Jack Smith. How ironic it is that on this day 47 years ago l went into the Marines In Parris Island SC. Hope you get well soon my friend can't wait to make another hunt.

Old Post 08-24-2021 12:00 AM
Kajun HardTymes is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Kajun HardTymes Click here to Send Kajun HardTymes a Private Message Click Here to Email Kajun HardTymes Find more posts by Kajun HardTymes Add Kajun HardTymes to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ed Mauney
UKC Forum Member

Crash

What female is your Crash puppy out of Mr. Toby?

Old Post 08-27-2021 03:18 PM
Ed Mauney is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ed Mauney Click here to Send Ed Mauney a Private Message Click Here to Email Ed Mauney Find more posts by Ed Mauney Add Ed Mauney to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

Misty River Blue Sadie

Finally got to feeling a little better after being down about 3 weeks with phneumonia. so I decided to take Sadie out for a little run. She will be 8 Mo. old in a few days. The top picture is her last night treeing her first coon alone. The bottom picture is her treeing her second coon alone Tonight.

Last edited by Misty river on 08-28-2021 at 04:49 AM

Old Post 08-28-2021 04:35 AM
Ron Jackson
UKC Forum Member

Very nice Mr Smith

Old Post 08-28-2021 03:59 PM
Ron Jackson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ron Jackson Click here to Send Ron Jackson a Private Message Click Here to Email Ron Jackson Find more posts by Ron Jackson Add Ron Jackson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote