UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > UKC Free Classifieds > Coonhound Classifieds > Blueticks: Stud Dog and Kennel Promotion > CH GRNITECH Arnold's Blue Rock
Pages (6): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Kyle Shipp
UKC Forum Member

CH GRNITECH Arnold's Blue Rock

Casey Bigelow and myself would like to thank Ron Behne for giving us the opportunity to own Rock. We feel his traits and bloodlines will be a good addition to the type hounds we are trying to produce. Casey is the driving force on these efforts and I appreciate him bringing me in on the opportunity.

Randy Arnold trained Rock and said he was the earliest and most natural starting hound he's ever had. We would like to use this trait as a building block. He's a stay put, hold pressure tree dog and as I hunt him more I'll be able to give my input of how he moves tracks in these southern swamps and creeks over run with privet hedge.

Rock has an average mouth, bawl on track and chop on tree.

We'd like to offer him at stud on private treaty or a pup deal to get some young dogs off of him.

In his short Southern career of two casts He has Accomplished a King of Hunt and did not win his cast in a pkc hunt (second place is the first loser). We'll keep you posted on his performance and look forward to the future with him.

Pedigree and Photos will be posted later on.

GRNITECH Skye's The Limit
Shipp's Silver Bullet

Last edited by Kyle Shipp on 08-04-2015 at 05:37 AM

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 06-11-2015 11:33 PM
Kyle Shipp is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Kyle Shipp Click here to Send Kyle Shipp a Private Message Find more posts by Kyle Shipp Add Kyle Shipp to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Kyle Shipp
UKC Forum Member

------------GRNTCH Uchtmans Blue Ed
-------GRNITCH Rogers Blue Guss
------------GRNITCH Uchtmans So Blue Rose

GRNTCH ARNOLDS BLUE ROCK DOB: 11/23/2009

------------GRNTCH Bullet II
-------GRNITCH Arnolds Blue Dic-Z
------------GRNITCH Suzy II

Shipp's Silver Bullet

Old Post 06-12-2015 06:37 AM
Kyle Shipp is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Kyle Shipp Click here to Send Kyle Shipp a Private Message Find more posts by Kyle Shipp Add Kyle Shipp to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Casey Bigelow
UKC Forum Member

Rock has only sired one litter of pups...Scott VH from Wisconsin bred a nice female to Rock. If anybody has any info as to the pups ( about 9 months old I think), feel free to share it- Good, bad, or ugly......I'm curious about them...

No Name Pup #1-(GRNT Zero x GRNT Layla)
No Name Pup #2- ( GRNT Poncho x GRNT Layla)
Casey Bigelow 407-952-0714

Old Post 06-15-2015 09:28 PM
Casey Bigelow is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Casey Bigelow Click here to Send Casey Bigelow a Private Message Click Here to Email Casey Bigelow Find more posts by Casey Bigelow Add Casey Bigelow to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
everett
UKC Forum Member

Kyle

A little history on Rock, He actually has been hunted in the south probably more than any where else, Rock was started and finished from Reg. to Grnt here in southeast Ar. By Randy Arnold, I drew out in 6 ntch cast with Rock, Randy and I had a lot of fun competing against one another, Rock won 3 of those 6 cast and Shelly won 3, Rock was born a tree dog for sure, just thought I'd give you a little history on his hunts, Good luck with him.....Gerald

Blueticks of the Southern States

TEAM MAD DOG "Hunt Hard Hunt Offten"
IN REMEMBRANCE OF MAD DOG TIM VAUGHN

GRNITECH pr' MAD DOG ANTi UP JOKER co winner of the all blue world championship, Sire of 2014 UKC world hunt high scoring Bluetick male(Grnitech pr' Walz Coontree Joker)

GRNITECH pr' Mad Dog coon Poppin
Wacko (Shellly) 2014 BBOA Arkansas State Hunt Queen of Hunt High scoring Grntch.
2015 zone 7 championship Queen of hunt

Grnitech Grch pr' Mad Dog Hey Jude 2008 National Bluetick Days Queen of hunt, 2013 ACHA Little world hunt 5th place overall.

pr' Mad Dog Two Gun Rhino (Astro x Jude)

Pr' Mad Dog Two Gun Doll Baby ( Astro x Shelly)
Critter Light co. Owner/Dealer

Old Post 06-16-2015 05:02 AM
everett is offline Click Here to See the Profile for everett Click here to Send everett a Private Message Click Here to Email everett Find more posts by everett Add everett to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Casey Bigelow
UKC Forum Member

Thanks for the info Gerald... kyle could have specified DEEP south...Or 0 ft above sea level- HAHA. I have shot a few deer w/ my bow out of a PALM tree I climbed w/ my climbing stand. One of our local clubs (Southport, FL) you have to worry about your coonhounds getting ate by sharks (I haven't hunted out of that club in a while)!

I have known Mr. Arnold for a couple years now, I drove to Arkansas one time to visit and pick up a hound. We speak pretty often about our dogs. I enjoy visiting w/ Mr. Arnold- He seems to go above and beyond- like his employer, Tyson, donating dog boxes for a hunt or two.

A gentleman contacted me about the Rock X Cami pups- he has a pair, said the female was doing great, the male , not so great. They are a little under 10 months old. Sounds like he is doing a jam up job training them with no older dog to help....

Old Post 06-16-2015 02:53 PM
Casey Bigelow is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Casey Bigelow Click here to Send Casey Bigelow a Private Message Click Here to Email Casey Bigelow Find more posts by Casey Bigelow Add Casey Bigelow to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
everett
UKC Forum Member

Sharks

Count me out lol, I was considering breeding Shelly to Rock then Randy up and sold him, he wants to get treed, he is a first coon up type dog, and I like that, I have seen him do some nice work on the ground as well and have a coon at the end, that was back when he was hunted pretty hard, he's the right kind for sure ......Gerald

Blueticks of the Southern States

TEAM MAD DOG "Hunt Hard Hunt Offten"
IN REMEMBRANCE OF MAD DOG TIM VAUGHN

GRNITECH pr' MAD DOG ANTi UP JOKER co winner of the all blue world championship, Sire of 2014 UKC world hunt high scoring Bluetick male(Grnitech pr' Walz Coontree Joker)

GRNITECH pr' Mad Dog coon Poppin
Wacko (Shellly) 2014 BBOA Arkansas State Hunt Queen of Hunt High scoring Grntch.
2015 zone 7 championship Queen of hunt

Grnitech Grch pr' Mad Dog Hey Jude 2008 National Bluetick Days Queen of hunt, 2013 ACHA Little world hunt 5th place overall.

pr' Mad Dog Two Gun Rhino (Astro x Jude)

Pr' Mad Dog Two Gun Doll Baby ( Astro x Shelly)
Critter Light co. Owner/Dealer

Old Post 06-16-2015 06:10 PM
everett is offline Click Here to See the Profile for everett Click here to Send everett a Private Message Click Here to Email everett Find more posts by everett Add everett to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Kyle Shipp
UKC Forum Member

Yes I should've specified Deep South. I used to live down by Southport and hunted those woods from 14 to 22 years old. Black tips in north bay and gators down burnt mill creek. We used the gator trails to get through the saw grass easier. I now hunt there only when it's cold. You'll know if you got a dog that'll hunt down there.

Shipp's Silver Bullet

Old Post 06-16-2015 09:44 PM
Scott VH
UKC Forum Member

Rock pup report

I bred a female here to Rock last year and the pups will be a year old later this summer. Many are running and treeing their own coon and the owners are happy with them. The female was older Uchtman Breeding and it seems like a nice cross. Hope he sires many more out of good females.

Scott

Floyd's Shine On (GrNiteCh Pink Floyd x GrNiteCh Oklahoma Blue Creek)

Gone but not forgotten:
GrNiteCh Mose's Pink Floyd (GrNiteCh Dean's Blue Mose X GrNiteCh B&D's Blue Ruby) Hollis-VH
GrNiteCh GrCh Bullet II's Code Blue Cricket (GrCh GrNiteCh 'PR' Twin Springs Runnin Bullet II X NiteCh Ch JJ's Code Blue Jenny)
Ch GrNiteCh Smokey River Blue Tramp II (GrCh GrNiteCh Smokey River Jean's Blue Tramp X Ch NiteCh Misty River Blue Doll IV)
GrNiteCh GrCh Vining's Hammerhead (Dual Grand Twin Springs Runnin Bullet II X Dual Grand Vining Blue Mollie)
GrNiteCh Ch Uchtmans Blue Logan (GrNiteCh Gene's Blue Newton X ChNiteCh Smiley's Blue Lady)
GrNiteCh GrCh Makin' Music Banjo (GrNiteCh Washburn Valley Blue Drip X GrNiteCh GrCh Razor Ridge Unstable Mable)
GrNiteCh. Uncle Pen (GrNiteCh South Shore Drive Blue Kev X GrNiteCh Frosty's Fancy)

Old Post 06-23-2015 11:17 PM
Scott VH is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Scott VH Click here to Send Scott VH a Private Message Click Here to Email Scott VH Find more posts by Scott VH Add Scott VH to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
townsendhpd
UKC Forum Member

Guss

Rocks sire threw some nice pups. Several still around here including my nite ch female

Old Post 06-24-2015 04:40 AM
townsendhpd is offline Click Here to See the Profile for townsendhpd Click here to Send townsendhpd a Private Message Find more posts by townsendhpd Add townsendhpd to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Tolu Bl Ticks
UKC Forum Member

Rock x Cami

I have a female off of Rock and she is the easiest dog I have ever handled, she loads good leads good and shows as good as her handler allows I'm no expert at showing a dog she will run a coon turned loose and tree for a little bit about every 3rd one. I will try to post some pictures of her on the bench a little later we call her Perryman's KY Bl Annie Oakley (oakley)

Tolu Bl. Tick
Ky Bl. Kennel

Our males
GrandCh GrandNiteCh Beaver Creek Blue Johnny Reb

Our females
"PR" Beaver Creek Bl Jackie Lee (Perryman's Arkie Jack x McBride's Dixie)
"PR" Perryman's KY Bl Deucey Lou (Reb x Sassy)

RIP

Perryman's outcross Casper (Ghost 2) - (Sherer's Bl Ghost x Sherer's Bl Abby )
Perryman's ky BL. Cricket - (Rock Acres Brutus X Shivers Rock Acres Snap-Crack)
Perryman's Ky Bl. Pistol Pete
Perryman's KY Bl. Jessie Girl (B & D's Blue Spike x Right Hand Flyers Bl Ruby)
Perryman's KY Bl. Suzie (Crosby's Smokin Joe x Guess' KY Blue Pepper)
NITECH CH Mad Dog House Dog (Molly) - ( Mad Dag Ante up Joker x Mad Dog Wisconsin's Midnight Ruby)

God bless and good hunting

Old Post 06-24-2015 03:54 PM
Tolu Bl Ticks is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Tolu Bl Ticks Click here to Send Tolu Bl Ticks a Private Message Click Here to Email Tolu Bl Ticks Find more posts by Tolu Bl Ticks Add Tolu Bl Ticks to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Kyle Shipp
UKC Forum Member

Re: Rock x Cami

quote:
Originally posted by Tolu Bl Ticks
I have a female off of Rock and she is the easiest dog I have ever handled, she loads good leads good and shows as good as her handler allows I'm no expert at showing a dog she will run a coon turned loose and tree for a little bit about every 3rd one. I will try to post some pictures of her on the bench a little later we call her Perryman's KY Bl Annie Oakley (oakley)

Good Deal, We'd appreciate the photo's. Keep us posted on her progress.

Shipp's Silver Bullet

Old Post 06-25-2015 06:03 AM
Scott VH
UKC Forum Member

Rock

Hope some folks are breeding some nice females to Rock. If there are any litters coming up please let us know.

Scott

Floyd's Shine On (GrNiteCh Pink Floyd x GrNiteCh Oklahoma Blue Creek)

Gone but not forgotten:
GrNiteCh Mose's Pink Floyd (GrNiteCh Dean's Blue Mose X GrNiteCh B&D's Blue Ruby) Hollis-VH
GrNiteCh GrCh Bullet II's Code Blue Cricket (GrCh GrNiteCh 'PR' Twin Springs Runnin Bullet II X NiteCh Ch JJ's Code Blue Jenny)
Ch GrNiteCh Smokey River Blue Tramp II (GrCh GrNiteCh Smokey River Jean's Blue Tramp X Ch NiteCh Misty River Blue Doll IV)
GrNiteCh GrCh Vining's Hammerhead (Dual Grand Twin Springs Runnin Bullet II X Dual Grand Vining Blue Mollie)
GrNiteCh Ch Uchtmans Blue Logan (GrNiteCh Gene's Blue Newton X ChNiteCh Smiley's Blue Lady)
GrNiteCh GrCh Makin' Music Banjo (GrNiteCh Washburn Valley Blue Drip X GrNiteCh GrCh Razor Ridge Unstable Mable)
GrNiteCh. Uncle Pen (GrNiteCh South Shore Drive Blue Kev X GrNiteCh Frosty's Fancy)

Old Post 07-26-2015 06:50 PM
Scott VH is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Scott VH Click here to Send Scott VH a Private Message Click Here to Email Scott VH Find more posts by Scott VH Add Scott VH to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Kyle Shipp
UKC Forum Member

2015 BBOA Alabama King of Hunt

It's taken me long enough to get a photo up.

Shipp's Silver Bullet

Old Post 08-04-2015 05:40 AM
recon
UKC Forum Member

Good looking sucker!!!

Kyle, can you expand on his hunting style and abilities now that you have had him for a while?

Thanks in Advance

Old Post 08-04-2015 09:51 PM
recon is offline Click Here to See the Profile for recon Click here to Send recon a Private Message Click Here to Email recon Find more posts by recon Add recon to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
randy ar
UKC Forum Member

Rock

Rock was the easiest ive ever raised. He always went hunting from first night until i sold him. He split treed from his mother second night out. I never seen or had a reason to believe that he bark at anythink orther than a coon. He will tree a coon 5 feet from you or go till he finds one. He was the most pressure proff tree dog ive ever seen. I never seen any kind of illness any where. He loves attention a real friendly dog. Sure wish i still had some good woods and a couble of 9 month old pups just like him, a real easy and natural starting dog. His litter mates were also easy starters. I made that cross two times with good results.

Old Post 08-05-2015 11:29 PM
randy ar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for randy ar Click here to Send randy ar a Private Message Find more posts by randy ar Add randy ar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
recon
UKC Forum Member

Re: Rock

quote:
Originally posted by randy ar
Rock was the easiest ive ever raised. He always went hunting from first night until i sold him. He split treed from his mother second night out. I never seen or had a reason to believe that he bark at anythink orther than a coon. He will tree a coon 5 feet from you or go till he finds one. He was the most pressure proff tree dog ive ever seen. I never seen any kind of illness any where. He loves attention a real friendly dog. Sure wish i still had some good woods and a couble of 9 month old pups just like him, a real easy and natural starting dog. His litter mates were also easy starters. I made that cross two times with good results.

Good info. Can anyone go further on his pedigree?

Old Post 08-06-2015 01:44 AM
recon is offline Click Here to See the Profile for recon Click here to Send recon a Private Message Click Here to Email recon Find more posts by recon Add recon to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Casey Bigelow
UKC Forum Member

.........................GRNT Uchmans Albert
.................. GRNT uchtmans blue andy
........................Uchmans blue pebbles
........GRNT uchtmans blue ed
.........................GRNT Moody Creek Jammer
..................GRNT moody creek blue jodi
.........................cherry st queen
.....GRNT rogers blue guss htx
..........................GRNT Uchmans Albert
.................NTCH lincolns blue yoakam
..........................NTCH Coney River blue Rose
.........GRNT uchtmans so bl rose
............................NTCH Uchmans Gentle Ben
.................NTCH pr uchtmans so bl sis
...........................Big Sandycreeks Blue Fancy

GRNTCH ARNOLDS BLUE ROCK DOB: 11/23/2009

------------------Ntch Smokey River JBS Chief
-------------Grntch Grch Vining Runnin Bullet
------------------Grntch Smokey River Crazys Blue Fly
----------Grntch Grch Twin Springs Runnin Bullet II
------------ ------Smokey River Blue Spud
-------------Grntch Smokey River Jeans Blue June
-------------------Ntch Smokey River Bes Blue Jean
-------GRNITCH Arnolds Blue Dic-Z
--------------------NTCH Bama Blue Devil
---------------GRNT Bama Blue Devil II
--------------------GRNT Hartwicks bluesky Lesa
------------GRNITCH Sue-Z II
--------------------NT CH Smoky JBS Cheif
---------------GRNT Arnolds Blue Sue-Z
--------------------GRNT Arnolds Blue Day-Z

Old Post 08-06-2015 03:52 AM
recon
UKC Forum Member

Thanks Casey. I like his breeding and what I have heard about him over the last few years.

Old Post 08-06-2015 03:57 AM
Casey Bigelow
UKC Forum Member

He hunts like a walker.... ACTION PACKED and Looking for an excuse to get treed... He trees coon and is good at it, quick on the ground and won't wait on an invitation to jam the tree but he will pull a slick on ya every now and then. Once hooked, he is there... no need to run to the tree.

He would be a good one to breed to put some tree power, early starting potential, and drive into the pups... I wish he was a little louder, but he's average ( unless you ask the neighbors, they probably think he's too loud when its time to go hunting)

Key points
1. You don't have to worry about him running trash
2. You don't have to worry about him being lazy and sitting at your feet
3. You don't have to worry "if" he's gonna get treed... he's going to get treed..
4. Don't load the gun every time he trees, especially if he hasn't been hunted up

I plan on breeding Betty, a NTCH female off pounder, to rock...

Old Post 08-06-2015 04:08 AM
randy ar
UKC Forum Member

Rock

Rock mother was a easy starting dog at a early age around 7 months never run fast game, seen her on 2 possums. Was real accurate stay put. Was easy to make her a GrNite . She never won any big hunts because i changed jobs and did not go. Sue-Z ll was being hunted by herself and treeing coons at 6 months. She was high scoring bluetick and 10 place at the 2002 acha world hunt. She had 28 pups with 3 GrNite and 4 nitech .She made it to second place repoducer at 25%. Sue-Z was easy starter ,hunting alone at 10 months she was GrNite at 21 months. Was high scoring GrNite on friday and second high scoring GrNite on Saturday at the 1996 bbcha fall round up. Day-Z was born straight would get out of pocket if coons were not stirring. She was going to tree a coon some where. Was GrNite at around 28 months. To the best of my knowledge she was the first blue female to win a pkc pro hunt.

Old Post 08-06-2015 05:26 AM
randy ar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for randy ar Click here to Send randy ar a Private Message Find more posts by randy ar Add randy ar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
recon
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Casey Bigelow
He hunts like a walker.... ACTION PACKED and Looking for an excuse to get treed... He trees coon and is good at it, quick on the ground and won't wait on an invitation to jam the tree but he will pull a slick on ya every now and then. Once hooked, he is there... no need to run to the tree.

He would be a good one to breed to put some tree power, early starting potential, and drive into the pups... I wish he was a little louder, but he's average ( unless you ask the neighbors, they probably think he's too loud when its time to go hunting)

Key points
1. You don't have to worry about him running trash
2. You don't have to worry about him being lazy and sitting at your feet
3. You don't have to worry "if" he's gonna get treed... he's going to get treed..
4. Don't load the gun every time he trees, especially if he hasn't been hunted up

I plan on breeding Betty, a NTCH female off pounder, to rock...

Sounds like he has some really good traits. Thanks

Old Post 08-06-2015 02:27 PM
recon
UKC Forum Member

Re: Rock

quote:
Originally posted by randy ar
Rock mother was a easy starting dog at a early age around 7 months never run fast game, seen her on 2 possums. Was real accurate stay put. Was easy to make her a GrNite . She never won any big hunts because i changed jobs and did not go. Sue-Z ll was being hunted by herself and treeing coons at 6 months. She was high scoring bluetick and 10 place at the 2002 acha world hunt. She had 28 pups with 3 GrNite and 4 nitech .She made it to second place repoducer at 25%. Sue-Z was easy starter ,hunting alone at 10 months she was GrNite at 21 months. Was high scoring GrNite on friday and second high scoring GrNite on Saturday at the 1996 bbcha fall round up. Day-Z was born straight would get out of pocket if coons were not stirring. She was going to tree a coon some where. Was GrNite at around 28 months. To the best of my knowledge she was the first blue female to win a pkc pro hunt.

I like that he has some real good females behind him. That is super important, and is what a lot of blue dogs are lacking in my opinion.

Old Post 08-06-2015 02:28 PM
Casey Bigelow
UKC Forum Member

Mr. Arnold, thanks for that good info on the females behind rocks pedigree.

Jeff, I agree w/ you on the female part.. Mr. Randy Arnold has done a good job... 5 generations of Mr. Arnold's breeding and hunting... That doesn't happen over night

1st Generation - GRNT ARNOLDS BLUE ROCK
2nd Generation- GRNT Arnolds Blue Dic-Z (Rocks mom)
3rd Generation- GRNT Arnolds Blue Sue-Z II (Rocks grandma)
4th Generation- GRNT Arnolds Blue Sue-Z (Rocks great Gma)
5th Generation- GRNT Arnolds Blue Day-Z (Rocks great great Gma)

Last edited by Casey Bigelow on 08-06-2015 at 06:33 PM

Old Post 08-06-2015 06:31 PM
recon
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Casey Bigelow
Mr. Arnold, thanks for that good info on the females behind rocks pedigree.

Jeff, I agree w/ you on the female part.. Mr. Randy Arnold has done a good job... 5 generations of Mr. Arnold's breeding and hunting... That doesn't happen over night

1st Generation - GRNT ARNOLDS BLUE ROCK
2nd Generation- GRNT Arnolds Blue Dic-Z (Rocks mom)
3rd Generation- GRNT Arnolds Blue Sue-Z II (Rocks grandma)
4th Generation- GRNT Arnolds Blue Sue-Z (Rocks great Gma)
5th Generation- GRNT Arnolds Blue Day-Z (Rocks great great Gma)

I've always believed that those brood gyps always creep out on down the line, and prevent getting consistency in traits, litter after litter. I really think that's what keeps so many really good dogs from reproducing their likeness or better.

Old Post 08-06-2015 08:16 PM
randy ar
UKC Forum Member

NiteCh Arnolds Blue Sue

Sue was Day-Z mother and Dual Grand Smoky River Hoss was her sire. Hoss was from Smoky River Chief. So Rock has a lot of Chief behind him. I have really enjoyed hunting these dogs over the years. As i look back over six generation there are some traits that most always comes out some are born straight, very seldom do they run fast game. They go hunting, some times to hard . Thay are usually treeing buy 6 to 8 months of age, you dont have to beg them to tree, thay are stay put tree dog sometimes you need to run them off slick trees. They are usually easy to teach to handle and queit around the house. Old Sue was the dog that changed me from Walkers to Bluetick. I have forgot what it is like to have a trashy dog . I payed 400.00 for her, the best 400.00 i ever spend. Hope you guys have fun with Rock, and get some good females to him.

Old Post 08-06-2015 11:57 PM