UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Breeding older female using semen
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
N Williams
UKC Forum Member

Breeding older female using semen

Always heard breeding a older female using frozen semen doesn’t work well. Can anyone shed light on this.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 08-24-2019 07:36 PM
N Williams is offline Click Here to See the Profile for N Williams Click here to Send N Williams a Private Message Find more posts by N Williams Add N Williams to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rolin Blues
UKC Forum Member

Just tried it

No Big Country/GrNt Joann pups coming next month. Did just what clinic told us to the hour of breeding + 3 progesterone tests, but 7 yr old female in hunting shape didn't take. I heard best way was uterine implant, But i didn't have that available. Take care. Ron.

Old Post 08-24-2019 07:47 PM
Rolin Blues is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rolin Blues Click here to Send Rolin Blues a Private Message Find more posts by Rolin Blues Add Rolin Blues to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
N Williams
UKC Forum Member

Im talking about Sergery way.

Old Post 08-24-2019 07:51 PM
N Williams is offline Click Here to See the Profile for N Williams Click here to Send N Williams a Private Message Find more posts by N Williams Add N Williams to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Travis Brown
UKC Forum Member

You might get lucky if she is in shape and been bred before, but it will most likely be a good way to lose a lot of money.

Home of :
Gr. Nt. Ch. Browns Peggy 4/91-1/02
Gr. Nt. Ch. Browns Little Peg 6/98-3/08
Gr. Nt. Ch. Browns Haley 8/02-11/13
Gr. Nt. Ch. Browns Taylor 3/05-11/17
Gr. Nt. Ch. Browns Rotten 10/08-2/13
Gr. Nt. Ch. Browns Midge 12/10-1/21
Gr. Nt. Ch. Browns Jessie 4/14-
Gr. Nt. Ch. Browns Lilly 5/19-

Old Post 08-24-2019 07:52 PM
Travis Brown is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Travis Brown Click here to Send Travis Brown a Private Message Click Here to Email Travis Brown Find more posts by Travis Brown Add Travis Brown to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
N Williams
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Travis Brown
You might get lucky if she is in shape and been bred before, but it will most likely be a good way to lose a lot of money.

Her first litter was when she was 4 using frozen semen. She had 14 puppies

Old Post 08-24-2019 08:18 PM
Travis Brown
UKC Forum Member

How old are we talking about? I'm thinking you are talking about a 10 year old female, but if you are only talking about 6 or 7 you should be fine.

Home of :
Gr. Nt. Ch. Browns Peggy 4/91-1/02
Gr. Nt. Ch. Browns Little Peg 6/98-3/08
Gr. Nt. Ch. Browns Haley 8/02-11/13
Gr. Nt. Ch. Browns Taylor 3/05-11/17
Gr. Nt. Ch. Browns Rotten 10/08-2/13
Gr. Nt. Ch. Browns Midge 12/10-1/21
Gr. Nt. Ch. Browns Jessie 4/14-
Gr. Nt. Ch. Browns Lilly 5/19-

Old Post 08-24-2019 10:06 PM
Travis Brown is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Travis Brown Click here to Send Travis Brown a Private Message Click Here to Email Travis Brown Find more posts by Travis Brown Add Travis Brown to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
N Williams
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Travis Brown
How old are we talking about? I'm thinking you are talking about a 10 year old female, but if you are only talking about 6 or 7 you should be fine.
She’s 9.

Old Post 08-24-2019 10:24 PM
jkidd1
UKC Forum Member

I bred a 10 year old female at Deans and she had 7 and raised every one of them. BUT she was in hunting shape and most would've thought she was 6 by looking at her.

JEREMY KIDD
765-520-1552

*females*
GRNITECH' JR'S JANEY
(Xjr X Insane Jane)

GRNITECH ST. JOHN'S STYLISH REX
(Ol south stylish Rebel X Janey)

GRNITECH' AFTER DARK'S JAN-IT
(Sweat It X Janey)

DUAL GRNITE' LONETREE LEGEND (R.I.P.)
(Noct. Style X Southern Sky)

GRNITECH' STYLISH LITTLE PEG(R.I.P.)
(Trackman X Browns Little Peg)

GRNITECH 'PR' JANEY'S GOTTA GUN
(Wild Card X Jr's Janey)

NITECH ‘PR’ REBELS STYLISH MOJA
(Ol Souths Stylish Rebel X Janey)

AFTER DARK’S PURDY PENNY
(Big $$ X Janit)

NITECH' SEVEN MILE SLOOPY(R.I.P.)
(Skipper x Big time Trixie)

Proud UNION JOURNEYMAN LINEMAN
https://i.postimg.cc/654pWfzm/IMG-1920.png
I.B.E.W. LOCAL 1393

Old Post 08-25-2019 01:48 AM
jkidd1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jkidd1 Click here to Send jkidd1 a Private Message Click Here to Email jkidd1 Find more posts by jkidd1 Add jkidd1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GCH Viper
UKC Forum Member

I spoke with Dean back in June about this same thing. I was looking at semen breeding a 10 year old female. His exact words were that it would be a pretty big gamble. He also stated that the conception rates fell drastically after 7 years old.
Two years ago we had a 6 year old female surgically bred with frozen semen and she did not stand. Dean did not do this procedure.

Old Post 08-25-2019 05:10 AM
GCH Viper is offline Click Here to See the Profile for GCH Viper Click here to Send GCH Viper a Private Message Find more posts by GCH Viper Add GCH Viper to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote