UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Ivermectin wormer
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
CHRIS PARKS
UKC Forum Member

Ivermectin wormer

I keep my dogs wormed with ivermectin I wormed them 2 weeks ago but they are not putting on any weight is there something else I can worm them with today I know ivermectin doesn't kill certain worms. Thanks Chris

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 11-18-2017 04:48 PM
CHRIS PARKS is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CHRIS PARKS Click here to Send CHRIS PARKS a Private Message Find more posts by CHRIS PARKS Add CHRIS PARKS to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Lipperman22
UKC Forum Member

Ivermec is not for tapeworms which sounds like that's what you're looking for

Old Post 11-18-2017 07:31 PM
Lipperman22 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Lipperman22 Click here to Send Lipperman22 a Private Message Click Here to Email Lipperman22 Find more posts by Lipperman22 Add Lipperman22 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CHRIS PARKS
UKC Forum Member

Yes he just want gain weight was is good for tape worms I have some strongid paste horse wormer do you know if that will work if so how much do you give them.

Old Post 11-18-2017 07:37 PM
CHRIS PARKS is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CHRIS PARKS Click here to Send CHRIS PARKS a Private Message Find more posts by CHRIS PARKS Add CHRIS PARKS to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nick miller
UKC Forum Member

What is a wormer that the consumer can get ahold of without going through their vet that will get all worms including Tapes?

Old Post 11-18-2017 07:55 PM
nick miller is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nick miller Click here to Send nick miller a Private Message Click Here to Email nick miller Find more posts by nick miller Add nick miller to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jrkb2012
UKC Forum Member

SafeGard back in pet section at your local farm store,,it is between 15 and 20 bucks,,you give it to them 3 consecutive days,,has always work great for me.

Browns Wild Irish Rose(Tequila Sunrise x Stylish Abagal)
Browns Stylish Buddy(Stylish Bushwacker x Browns Wild Irish Rose) pup
Browns Stylish Sissy(Stylish Bushwacker x Browns Wild Irish Rose) pup

Old Post 11-18-2017 09:04 PM
Jrkb2012 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jrkb2012 Click here to Send Jrkb2012 a Private Message Click Here to Email Jrkb2012 Find more posts by Jrkb2012 Add Jrkb2012 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Triple K Kennel
UKC Forum Member

Workers....

I use Valbaazen Sheep Wormer, 3 days in a row.....you won't have any Worms.
Used it for years and Never a problem. About $55 for a Large Bottle.
Tim

Quality, Dependable Coon Lights--Built by a Coonhunter for Coonhunters
==================================
** Superior Lights

** Sunspot Hunting Lights

** Zepp's--Quality Products

** Boss Lights

**Brighteyes Lights

** They Twist it until they start believing it themselves**

Purina Dog Food
** Proven Results **

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Competition Coonhunters and Politicians
** Win anyway you have to & tell everyone what they want to hear **

Old Post 11-18-2017 11:22 PM
Triple K Kennel is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Triple K Kennel Click here to Send Triple K Kennel a Private Message Find more posts by Triple K Kennel Add Triple K Kennel to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
oklared
UKC Forum Member

PANACURE

HOME OF 2010 HIGH SCOREING REDBONE FEMALE, DUAL CH Y2KD, #7 REPRODUCING RED FEMALE
NT.Ch. WINNER AT REDBONE SEC. 2008
3RD PL. NT.CH. 2009 BATTLE OF BREEDS AT ADA OKLA.
4TH PLACE R.Q.E 2010
2ND PLACE OVERALL AT ZONE 4 AND DOUBLE CAST WINNER 2010
WENT TO 2010 WORLD HUNT
AMERICAN REDBONE ASSOCIATION HIGH SCOREING REDBONE FEMALE OF THE 2010 WORLD HUNT
OVERALL HI SCOREING DOG AT 2010 BBCHA BLUE TIC SECTIONAL
GR.NT.CH. AT 12 and A HALF
MADE-EM SEE RED

Old Post 11-19-2017 12:45 PM
oklared is offline Click Here to See the Profile for oklared Click here to Send oklared a Private Message Click Here to Email oklared Find more posts by oklared Add oklared to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jdhall25
UKC Forum Member

Panacure has alaways worked for me.. How hard are you hunting and what type of feed are you giving? Feeding once a day or twice a day?

Old Post 11-19-2017 09:15 PM
jdhall25 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jdhall25 Click here to Send jdhall25 a Private Message Click Here to Email jdhall25 Find more posts by jdhall25 Add jdhall25 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Reuben
UKC Forum Member

I been using strongid horse wormer for many years...it is the same as dog wormer...back then it was 8 dollars for a bottle that wormed 100 pounds of dog or 5 dollars to worm 1200 pounds of horse...same ingredients for both but one concentrated...pyrantel pamoate...

Old Post 11-19-2017 11:54 PM
Reuben is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Reuben Click here to Send Reuben a Private Message Click Here to Email Reuben Find more posts by Reuben Add Reuben to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Redneck Mafia
UKC Moderator

Re: Ivermectin wormer

quote:
Originally posted by CHRIS PARKS
I keep my dogs wormed with ivermectin I wormed them 2 weeks ago but they are not putting on any weight is there something else I can worm them with today I know ivermectin doesn't kill certain worms. Thanks Chris

Probably has tapeworms none of the wormers listed so far are very effective at treating them look for something that has the active ingredient of parziquantel. Give the dose for dogs weight and 21 days later give another, this should break the lifecycle of the tapeworm.
For wormers that treat round, hook ECT treated with pyrantel pamoate and or fenbendazole dose for body weight 3 days in a row and repeat with a single dose in 7 days to break the lifecycle of the parasite.
Jen

"TEAM MAFIA"
*NATIONAL GRNITECH GRCH GRNITECH(5) HALL OF FAME PKC PLATIUM CH REDNECK BACKWOODS SHACK
2014 OK STATE CH, 2015 MO PKC LEADER, 2016 PKC NATIONALS SEMIFINALIST, 2016 UKC TOP 20, 2O17 UKC WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 3RD PLACE, 2018 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4, 2018 MO PKC STATE CHAMPION, 2019 AUTUMN OAKS NATIONAL GRNITE CH, 2019 PKC WORLD CH SEMIFINALIST. 2021 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4.
*PKC WORLD CHAMPION PLATNIUM CHAMPION GRNITECH SHACK'S HEATHER ISLAND SOUTHERN STOGIE
2021 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2022 PKC WORLD CHAMPION, 2022 MO PKC STATE LEADER PRO SPORT TRUCK WINNER

RIP
*GRNITECH PKC SCH REDNECK MAFIA PKC HALL OF FAME REPRODUCER INDUCTED 2022
*GRNITECH CH PKC SILVER CH REDNECK SHACK ATTACK aka TAC 2018 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2020 MO PKC STATE LEADER

Last edited by Redneck Mafia on 11-20-2017 at 12:25 AM

Old Post 11-20-2017 12:15 AM
Redneck Mafia is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Redneck Mafia Click here to Send Redneck Mafia a Private Message Click Here to Email Redneck Mafia Find more posts by Redneck Mafia Add Redneck Mafia to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Triple K Kennel
UKC Forum Member

Re: Re: Ivermectin wormer

quote:
Originally posted by Redneck Mafia
Probably has tapeworms none of the wormers listed so far are very effective at treating them look for something that has the active ingredient of parziquantel. Give the dose for dogs weight and 21 days later give another, this should break the lifecycle of the tapeworm.
For wormers that treat round, hook ECT treated with pyrantel pamoate and or fenbendazole dose for body weight 3 days in a row and repeat with a single dose in 7 days to break the lifecycle of the parasite.
Jen

I know for a fact the Valbaazen will get the Tapes, if used 3 days in a row.....worked for me Many, Many times. Some Vets are against using this, my Vet says it's safe to use on dogs, he hasn't lied to me yet.
Good stuff...!!!
Tim

Quality, Dependable Coon Lights--Built by a Coonhunter for Coonhunters
==================================
** Superior Lights

** Sunspot Hunting Lights

** Zepp's--Quality Products

** Boss Lights

**Brighteyes Lights

** They Twist it until they start believing it themselves**

Purina Dog Food
** Proven Results **

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Competition Coonhunters and Politicians
** Win anyway you have to & tell everyone what they want to hear **

Old Post 11-20-2017 02:33 AM
Triple K Kennel is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Triple K Kennel Click here to Send Triple K Kennel a Private Message Find more posts by Triple K Kennel Add Triple K Kennel to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Patrick Moore
UKC Forum Member

Drontal Plus. One tablet - one dose. Gets all intestinal worms.

Old Post 11-20-2017 02:52 AM
Patrick Moore is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Patrick Moore Click here to Send Patrick Moore a Private Message Click Here to Email Patrick Moore Find more posts by Patrick Moore Add Patrick Moore to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Redneck Mafia
UKC Moderator

Re: Re: Re: Ivermectin wormer

quote:
Originally posted by Triple K Kennel
I know for a fact the Valbaazen will get the Tapes, if used 3 days in a row.....worked for me Many, Many times. Some Vets are against using this, my Vet says it's safe to use on dogs, he hasn't lied to me yet.
Good stuff...!!!
Tim

Valbazen, it is in the same category as Safeguard, and is not as affective in getting rid of the tapeworm common in dogs as what a product containing prazintaquel is which is why it is the ingredient to look for, it is also the active ingredient in Drontal Plus and Interceptor Plus. I have used Drontal Plus for years it is very affective broad spectrum wormer. We also use several of the wormers listed above as cost effective maintenance wormers.
I am thinking about switching our dogs over to Interceptor Plus because it is a broad spectrum wormer that is also a heart worm preventative. Currently I give a monthly dose of ivermectin for heartworm preventive. Is anybody else using Interceptor Plus? And Doc if you read this I would like your thoughts and have there been any reported problems in breeding stock? Like most pet meds on the market it has not been approved for use in breeding males or females.
Jen

"TEAM MAFIA"
*NATIONAL GRNITECH GRCH GRNITECH(5) HALL OF FAME PKC PLATIUM CH REDNECK BACKWOODS SHACK
2014 OK STATE CH, 2015 MO PKC LEADER, 2016 PKC NATIONALS SEMIFINALIST, 2016 UKC TOP 20, 2O17 UKC WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 3RD PLACE, 2018 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4, 2018 MO PKC STATE CHAMPION, 2019 AUTUMN OAKS NATIONAL GRNITE CH, 2019 PKC WORLD CH SEMIFINALIST. 2021 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4.
*PKC WORLD CHAMPION PLATNIUM CHAMPION GRNITECH SHACK'S HEATHER ISLAND SOUTHERN STOGIE
2021 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2022 PKC WORLD CHAMPION, 2022 MO PKC STATE LEADER PRO SPORT TRUCK WINNER

RIP
*GRNITECH PKC SCH REDNECK MAFIA PKC HALL OF FAME REPRODUCER INDUCTED 2022
*GRNITECH CH PKC SILVER CH REDNECK SHACK ATTACK aka TAC 2018 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2020 MO PKC STATE LEADER

Old Post 11-20-2017 04:01 AM
Redneck Mafia is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Redneck Mafia Click here to Send Redneck Mafia a Private Message Click Here to Email Redneck Mafia Find more posts by Redneck Mafia Add Redneck Mafia to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BEST EVER
Banned

You get what you pay for, Interceptor Plus is great. It takes care of all of them. Once a month and your done.

quote:
Originally posted by nick miller
What is a wormer that the consumer can get ahold of without going through their vet that will get all worms including Tapes?

GRNTCHGRCH PR Super Blue Riptide
GRNITECH 'PR' Prairie Creek Blue Big Horn

Mark Robbins Home : 812-547-1358 cell 812-309-8290
Corey Robbins Cell : 812-608-1645 / Home 812-547-2775

Old Post 11-20-2017 02:54 PM
BEST EVER is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BEST EVER Click here to Send BEST EVER a Private Message Find more posts by BEST EVER Add BEST EVER to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mjd
UKC Forum Member

Double action adult dog wormer ,Its pyrantel pamoate / praziquantel ,and ivomec is what i use
I think its conkey that sells it at AO but im not sure about ordering it

Last edited by mjd on 11-21-2017 at 02:18 AM

Old Post 11-21-2017 02:09 AM
mjd is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mjd Click here to Send mjd a Private Message Click Here to Email mjd Find more posts by mjd Add mjd to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote