UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Breeds > Black & Tans > My coonhounds won't eat
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
tjcc1978
UKC Forum Member

My coonhounds won't eat

So I have both my B&T's on Valu-Pak the blue bag dog food, Plus I would mix in wet food Purina Pro Plan Focus Puppy food. Well, the last couple of days, they only want the wet food. They are refusing to eat the dry food. So, I switched kibble to Purina Dog Chow, yes I know it's a bad dog food, but I wanted to see if it was the Valu-Pak kibble they didn't want. They refuse to eat the Purina Dog Chow kibble too. They are eating grass too, more than usual. Both of them are having loose stool too. They are drinking water, when I can keep it in their water tub. They like to dump out the water tub. Do not know if it is a behavioral thing or what. But i have not been able to get my male to stop his incessant barking. Unless I put the bark collar on him. And I do not like doing that. I am VERY VERY Worried about them not eating the kibble.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 03-18-2020 06:57 PM
tjcc1978 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for tjcc1978 Click here to Send tjcc1978 a Private Message Find more posts by tjcc1978 Add tjcc1978 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bill(Chew)
UKC Forum Member

Are they fat or losing weight? Do they act sick? If they are fat they could be just eating the wet food and being satisfied. If losing weight quit feeding wet or feed more.

Old Post 03-18-2020 08:47 PM
Bill(Chew) is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bill(Chew) Click here to Send Bill(Chew) a Private Message Click Here to Email Bill(Chew) Find more posts by Bill(Chew) Add Bill(Chew) to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Lovis Burns
UKC Forum Member

Sounds like they need to be wormed. I would worm them three days in a row and make sure they have fresh water. And don't wet their food.

Midnight Thunder Black & Tans

GRNITECH CH PKC CH ‘PR’ Midnight Thunder Black Steel - (Ch GrNiteCh'PR' Northern Lights Doc x NITECH 'PR' Blues Band Gypsy Woman) - $630.66 PKC

GRNITECH GRCH 'PR' Midnight Thunder Final Destiny - (GrNiteCh 'PR' First Class Super Stud x GrNiteCh GrCh 'PR' Midnight Thunder Black Desire) - - PKC $54.00

Up and Coming

Like us on Facebook
Midnight Thunder Black & Tans

Lovis Burns
910-874-4650

Use and Recommend
Bright Eyes Lights
Inukshuk Dog Food

Old Post 03-23-2020 05:52 PM
Lovis Burns is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Lovis Burns Click here to Send Lovis Burns a Private Message Click Here to Email Lovis Burns Visit Lovis Burns's homepage! Find more posts by Lovis Burns Add Lovis Burns to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Nitehunter
UKC Forum Member

What is Panacur C?

Also sold in Tractor Supply as Safeguard Granules in the Dog Wormer dept. You will need to buy enough of the 50 lb and 20 lb packets to match your dogs weight.

Panacur C (fenbendazole) is a broad spectrum parasiticide used to treat hookworms, roundworms, tapeworms, and whipworms in dogs. It is also used by veterinarians to treat other parasites.

For:
Dogs (6 weeks of age or older) Also can be used safely with a dog carrying pups.

Benefits:
• Can be added to food
• FDA-approved for use in dogs
• Side effects are rare
How it works:
Fenbendazole is a member of the benzimidizole group of anti-parasite medications which makes it a relatively broad-spectrum medication. It binds to parasitic proteins which leads to damaging the integrity and the transport function of cells in parasites.
Cautions:
Side effects are rare, but may include loose stools. Since humans can contract roundworms, hookworms, and tapeworms from pets, it's important to maintain good personal hygiene. It's also important to eliminate fleas and to not feed your pet uncooked meat or fish. To prevent re-infection, clean up stools on a daily basis.
________________________________________More Information:

Brand Name
Panacur C (Intervet)
Generic Name
Fenbendazole (fen-ben’-da-zole)
What is this medication used for:
Fenbendazole is an anthelminthic (dewormer) used in the treatment of certain types of roundworm, hookworm, whipworm and tapeworm infections in dogs.

Availability:
Panacur C (fenbendazole) is available over the counter (OTC) as granules in three packs of 1gm packets, 2gm packets or 4gm packets.

How this medicine should be used:
Fenbendazole is FDA approved for use in dogs only. The usual dose for dogs, based on weight using the chart below, is given once a day for 3 consecutive days. The medication can be mixed with a small amount of your pet's usual food. Dry dog food may require slight moistening to allow for proper mixing. Medicated food must be fully consumed to be effective.
Dog Weight Packet Size*
0-10 pounds 1 gram
11-20 pounds 2 gram
21-30 pounds 1 gram + 2 gram
31-40 pounds 4 gram
41-50 pounds 1 gram + 4 gram
51-60 pounds 2 gram + 4 gram
61-80 pounds Two 4 gram
Over 80 pounds Use combinations to obtain recommended dose
*packet size is the daily dose. The dog must be treated with this dose for 3 days in a row.

What are the side effects:
Side effects of fenbendazole are rare but may include loose stools.

What special precautions are there:
This medication should not be used in animals allergic to it. Because humans can contract roundworm, hookworm and tapeworm from pets, it is important to maintain good personal hygiene. It is also important to eliminate fleas on the pet and in the household and to not feed the pet rodents or uncooked meat or fish. To prevent reinfection, daily cleanup of stools is recommended.

In the event of an overdose:
Contact your veterinarian or veterinary emergency room.

How should I store this medication:
Store this medication at controlled room temperature (59-86ºF).

Cell Ph: 716-258-0012
Home of:
NTCH PR Petrus Windall Bawls Deep Axle has 4 wins to GRNTCH
NTCH PR Windfall's Coon Zapper had 4 wins to GRCH(out of GRNTCH Nelson's Northern Rex)
GRNTCGRCH "PR"Windfall's Hardriding Hobie (GRNTCH "PR" Dark Hollow Hobo's Hoss x GRNTCH Halloway's TN Lady)-recently deceased 6-15-2011
GRNTCH "PR" Windfall's Ratface Ghost HTX (GRNTCH Bauer's KS Jr x GRNTCH Masten's Knockem Out Jill), recently deceased summer 2011
NTCH "PR" Windfall's Wreckin Bawl Boomer (Direct Out of GRNTCH Cypress Creek Setum Up Ace and a Fiddler gyp)
GRCH "PR" Windfall's Miracle Macey (1st & 2nd UKC Win) (GRNTCHGRCH Windfall's Hardriding Hobie x PR Windfall's Sadie) recently deceased 2011
Sold ownership of CH GRNTCH PR LV's Windfall Hi Dollar Tango- now deceased Dec 2012

Last edited by Nitehunter on 04-20-2020 at 01:30 AM

Old Post 04-20-2020 01:27 AM
Nitehunter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Nitehunter Click here to Send Nitehunter a Private Message Click Here to Email Nitehunter Find more posts by Nitehunter Add Nitehunter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote