UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Hey any strange "encounters" while hunting?
Pages (23): « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 10 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
eastky
Banned

no

wipe out does not smoke pot he has to bad of nerves and needs help and it showes on him,wipeout i belive pot thoe would help you as it does me and others 90 percent of people smoke pot but wount admite it

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 08-27-2008 08:56 PM
eastky is offline Click Here to See the Profile for eastky Click here to Send eastky a Private Message Click Here to Email eastky Find more posts by eastky Add eastky to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Million $ Ben
Banned

FYI, My username isnt "wipe".

I highly doubt 90% of people smoke pot.

"I am not in favor of concealed weapons. I think that creates a potential atmosphere where more innocent people could (get shot during) altercations." -- Barack Obama

Old Post 08-27-2008 09:36 PM
Million $ Ben is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Million $ Ben Click here to Send Million $ Ben a Private Message Find more posts by Million $ Ben Add Million $ Ben to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
eastky
Banned

i

could be wrong mabey just 80 percent,yes you are wipeout to me,pot dont kill like other drugs do but it is good 4 pain ,,eyes and so on so the docters tell me

Old Post 08-28-2008 12:30 AM
eastky is offline Click Here to See the Profile for eastky Click here to Send eastky a Private Message Click Here to Email eastky Find more posts by eastky Add eastky to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
banjo
UKC Forum Member

btt

Old Post 12-25-2008 04:29 AM
banjo is offline Click Here to See the Profile for banjo Click here to Send banjo a Private Message Click Here to Email banjo Visit banjo's homepage! Find more posts by banjo Add banjo to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MikeO
UKC Forum Member

i was shooting a coon out tonight and i seen Santa claus flying above the tree the gun i was using was a borrowed gun. it was shooting off a bit so i accidentally shot Santa out of the sky. I'm truly sorry please forgive me it wasn't my gun.

the good news is i got the coon out so ITS ALL GOOD..............

And the pup 'pr' Owen's Rock River Ace...

Mike Owen owner/handler. hunting in style (WALKER STYLE)

Old Post 12-25-2008 06:58 AM
MikeO is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MikeO Click here to Send MikeO a Private Message Click Here to Email MikeO Find more posts by MikeO Add MikeO to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Barnyard
UKC Forum Member

Strange!

I was hunting along an abandon RR track & I had just turned the dogs loose about 5 minutes, when I heard something comming down the tracks towards me. I had my light out & I just figured it was my pup comming back, so I turned on my light & to my surprize, here came an Amish boy that appearred to be about 16 yrs old. It was about 2:00 AM & that in itself wasn't so strange as the fact that he was buck NAKED!! I stepped off the tracks & he just said hi & kept right on walking out of sight! The funny thing was I turned my lite out as he approached, I'm not sure if it was because I was embarassed for him or me! Must of been me cause he didn't seem to mind. I found out about a week latter that he was a Down's Syndrome boy & frequently went AWOL! THAT WAS STRANGE!! But true!!

Cell- 574-538-9431

Old Post 12-25-2008 07:39 AM
Barnyard is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Barnyard Click here to Send Barnyard a Private Message Click Here to Email Barnyard Find more posts by Barnyard Add Barnyard to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jason34
UKC Forum Member

LOL thats a good one

Old Post 12-25-2008 08:40 AM
Jason34 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jason34 Click here to Send Jason34 a Private Message Click Here to Email Jason34 Find more posts by Jason34 Add Jason34 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dogwhisper
UKC Forum Member

Yea, call it strange or whatever.

I encountered "MYSELF"

Old Post 12-25-2008 04:03 PM
Dogwhisper is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dogwhisper Click here to Send Dogwhisper a Private Message Find more posts by Dogwhisper Add Dogwhisper to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
marvgru
UKC Forum Member

Well im glad its winter and dont hunt to much this time of year. Mabe Ill forget about this post before spring when i hunt alot. I dont even want to go out and do chores right now!LOL!
But I still want to hear elvis's story!

Old Post 12-26-2008 02:25 AM
marvgru is offline Click Here to See the Profile for marvgru Click here to Send marvgru a Private Message Click Here to Email marvgru Find more posts by marvgru Add marvgru to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bill(Chew)
UKC Forum Member

In the early 80's I was hunting one night and a meteor came over that was so large that it lit up the sky and the ground almost like daylight.

Old Post 12-26-2008 07:02 AM
Bill(Chew) is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bill(Chew) Click here to Send Bill(Chew) a Private Message Click Here to Email Bill(Chew) Find more posts by Bill(Chew) Add Bill(Chew) to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
derek90
UKC Forum Member

i love readin these stories and this cant be all the strange encounters so btt

Old Post 01-21-2009 12:10 AM
derek90 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for derek90 Click here to Send derek90 a Private Message Click Here to Email derek90 Find more posts by derek90 Add derek90 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hobokennels
UKC Forum Member

On the farm where my dad grew up. you can walk up the creek and over a little bank and their are two large elms about 20 feet apart. If you go in their on most rainy nights their is a light that looks like an ole railroad lantern floating around between those tree's. If you walk up to the light it will apear to go in to the ground, and when you back away it will come back up and float. I have yet to see a dog that will hunt that area when the light is out. The dogs will just stand beside you with their hair standing up and growl. I have shot many boxes of shells into this light and nothing. My dad said the light was their when he was hunting their as a young boy and that was in the 1940's. I have also been standing near a fence where the light is and the fence will just start shaking as if someone is trying to tear it down. I was hunting their back in the summer one night by myself and my light would not work and my garmin went completly nuts, I left their and went to another drop and everything worked fine. Anyone is more than welcome to come and see it for their self. I have seen many grown men get scared from this light.

Old Post 01-21-2009 12:46 AM
hobokennels is offline Click Here to See the Profile for hobokennels Click here to Send hobokennels a Private Message Find more posts by hobokennels Add hobokennels to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Huntaholic
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by larry hicks
its been dry here for a long time then ,we get three days of rain and it warms up again.
i went hunting one night, and the hound treed on a steep bank .
when i got over there i could see like someone had a light on over the hill.
when i reached the hound , the entire hill was glowing.
FIRST , i covered my junk with my old miners hat.
i was in the army i have seen things glow like that and they are not good for your junk if you know what i am talking about
Every time the hound made a move the light at his feet would change, so i walked on up the hill and found toad stools ,thousands of them.
thats what was glowing
i have hunted alot of places and never seen that.

Old timers around here call that "foxfire". Ive been in the woods all my life and only seen it once.

Old Post 01-21-2009 12:54 AM
Huntaholic is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Huntaholic Click here to Send Huntaholic a Private Message Click Here to Email Huntaholic Find more posts by Huntaholic Add Huntaholic to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
huntertim
Banned

JERRY C.

if your dog wount hunt there just get you a better dog the light has nothing to do with it.and i dont belive a shadow should be scarey to no one

Old Post 01-21-2009 12:58 AM
huntertim is offline Click Here to See the Profile for huntertim Click here to Send huntertim a Private Message Click Here to Email huntertim Find more posts by huntertim Add huntertim to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hobokennels
UKC Forum Member

Re: JERRY C.

quote:
Originally posted by huntertim
if your dog wount hunt there just get you a better dog the light has nothing to do with it.and i dont belive a shadow should be scarey to no one

Tim, I have been trying for 30 some odd years to find a better dog! Guess I have hunted these worthless ones so long they have kinda grew on me.lol Funny thing is I have never seen any other dogs hunt around that light either. I do appreciate the advice.

Last edited by hobokennels on 01-21-2009 at 01:44 AM

Old Post 01-21-2009 01:27 AM
hobokennels is offline Click Here to See the Profile for hobokennels Click here to Send hobokennels a Private Message Find more posts by hobokennels Add hobokennels to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Lakeland Kennel
Banned

I was squirrek hunting with my squirrel dogs on a very windy day one Fall. It was football season. From the north, headed south was the Goodyear blimp very close to the ground. The blimp was headed into the wind and the pilot was having trouble keeping the blimp in the air. He would get it up a couple of hundred feet into the air, then the wind would knock it almost to the ground. Up, then right back down again. I would guess he was headed to St Louis. The pilot managed to keep it flying but just barely. He would have had over 100 more miles to go. You could not have paid me enough money to be in that blimp. I reckon he made it, I never read about it crashing.

LAKELAND KENNELS
PKC Sq Ch Lakeland's Mini Mouse
SqCh Lakeland's Goldie
SqCh Lakeland's Kate
GrCh HBCh Lakeland's Cricket II

Old Post 01-21-2009 03:06 AM
Lakeland Kennel is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Lakeland Kennel Click here to Send Lakeland Kennel a Private Message Click Here to Email Lakeland Kennel Find more posts by Lakeland Kennel Add Lakeland Kennel to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Chad Meadors
UKC Forum Member

btt

Last edited by Chad Meadors on 06-04-2009 at 11:05 PM

Old Post 01-22-2009 02:30 AM
Chad Meadors is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Chad Meadors Click here to Send Chad Meadors a Private Message Click Here to Email Chad Meadors Find more posts by Chad Meadors Add Chad Meadors to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
derek90
UKC Forum Member

btt

Old Post 01-22-2009 02:31 AM
derek90 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for derek90 Click here to Send derek90 a Private Message Click Here to Email derek90 Find more posts by derek90 Add derek90 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
derek90
UKC Forum Member

btt

Old Post 01-22-2009 10:20 PM
ehughes
UKC Forum Member

Jayw, sounds to me like there might've been a person or two on that cast that knew you lol

Old Post 01-22-2009 10:28 PM
ehughes is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ehughes Click here to Send ehughes a Private Message Click Here to Email ehughes Find more posts by ehughes Add ehughes to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
derek90
UKC Forum Member

btt

Old Post 01-23-2009 03:11 AM
claytonwalkers
UKC Forum Member

btt

Old Post 06-23-2009 04:54 PM
claytonwalkers is offline Click Here to See the Profile for claytonwalkers Click here to Send claytonwalkers a Private Message Find more posts by claytonwalkers Add claytonwalkers to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
l.lyle
Banned

My cousin and I had just got to the bottom of the hill where we were going to dog hunt squirrels in the swamp, when he started trotting in little tight circles hunting moss, leaves or whatever. It's unusual when we get together that one of us doesn't have to go. Right beside me was a double trunk tree with one hollow branch broke off and healed over. A perfect comode. I pointed at it and said, "Ain't this your lucky day". I walked on off, but not so far I didn't hear a moan and a gas blast that got me a little tickled. Then I heard this high pitched scream that made my hair stand up. I turned around just in time to see a coon pulling its way out of that hole right between his legs. Well that screaming brought the dog in in a hurry. The coon made a dash but the dog wouldn't even grab it. My cousin said there wasn't enough moss in the woods to clean up with so I went back to the truck and got a roll of paper towels. I guess the coon had to wash and wear it off because I wouldn't even shoot him out of the tree.

Old Post 06-23-2009 08:41 PM
l.lyle is offline Click Here to See the Profile for l.lyle Click here to Send l.lyle a Private Message Click Here to Email l.lyle Find more posts by l.lyle Add l.lyle to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
trappin_girl
UKC Forum Member

i was goin to ask if a pot patch was considered a "strange encounter" jeez look how old this post is!!! this is when i had my username sammyd!!!

home phone:304-462-7054
Cell phone:304-613-9740
dixie_coonhunter_911@yahoo.com

PR Tristan's JR (Tristans Dog)

PR Grampa's Miss Ruby (Ruby's Dog)

Old Post 06-23-2009 10:25 PM
trappin_girl is offline Click Here to See the Profile for trappin_girl Click here to Send trappin_girl a Private Message Click Here to Email trappin_girl Find more posts by trappin_girl Add trappin_girl to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
coondogedog
UKC Forum Member

The strangest thing I ever saw was a woman taking a bath in the river one morning while we were gathering up our dogs from the coon hunt that night.

Old Post 06-24-2009 01:03 PM
coondogedog is offline Click Here to See the Profile for coondogedog Click here to Send coondogedog a Private Message Click Here to Email coondogedog Find more posts by coondogedog Add coondogedog to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote