UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > DNA for breeders
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Bob Hennessey
UKC Forum Member

DNA for breeders

Why, doesn't the UKC make everyone breeding dogs and raising pups have to have both the male and female DNA'd. When I was raising Quarter Horses I had to have both my stud and mares DNA'd before I could register a foal. If you think enough of a dog to breed it or buy a pup, why not make sure the papers were accurate? I know it helped clean up some of the problems in the Quarter horses. JMO.

You can't fix STUPID!

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 01-16-2020 12:57 AM
Bob Hennessey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bob Hennessey Click here to Send Bob Hennessey a Private Message Find more posts by Bob Hennessey Add Bob Hennessey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

Bob you know why lol.

Tar

Old Post 01-16-2020 01:02 AM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Trueblood85
UKC Forum Member

Sounds like a GREAT idea!!

Old Post 01-16-2020 01:22 AM
Trueblood85 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Trueblood85 Click here to Send Trueblood85 a Private Message Find more posts by Trueblood85 Add Trueblood85 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Clovis A Nailor
UKC Forum Member

Cross bred dogs would surely be the breed leader in Coonhounds if that where to happen.

Old Post 01-16-2020 01:24 AM
Clovis A Nailor is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Clovis A Nailor Click here to Send Clovis A Nailor a Private Message Click Here to Email Clovis A Nailor Find more posts by Clovis A Nailor Add Clovis A Nailor to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
randywoodard2
UKC Forum Member

females are usually dna"d in pkc so why waste money to do both

Pr.Woodards Late Night Trix

Old Post 01-16-2020 02:20 AM
randywoodard2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for randywoodard2 Click here to Send randywoodard2 a Private Message Click Here to Email randywoodard2 Find more posts by randywoodard2 Add randywoodard2 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Travis Brown
UKC Forum Member

Back when both of the main coonhound registries used the same DNA profiling company I could pay full price with one registry and a $10 transfer fee to use the same profile on the other registry. Now that the two registries don't use the same DNA company I don't want to pay full price to do the same thing twice.

Home of :
Gr. Nt. Ch. Browns Peggy 4/91-1/02
Gr. Nt. Ch. Browns Little Peg 6/98-3/08
Gr. Nt. Ch. Browns Haley 8/02-11/13
Gr. Nt. Ch. Browns Taylor 3/05-11/17
Gr. Nt. Ch. Browns Rotten 10/08-2/13
Gr. Nt. Ch. Browns Midge 12/10-1/21
Gr. Nt. Ch. Browns Jessie 4/14-
Gr. Nt. Ch. Browns Lilly 5/19-

Old Post 01-16-2020 03:55 AM
Travis Brown is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Travis Brown Click here to Send Travis Brown a Private Message Click Here to Email Travis Brown Find more posts by Travis Brown Add Travis Brown to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
randywoodard2
UKC Forum Member

Right Travis,If dna is done at a lab u would think it would be fine with both, sad thing is these registries are to greedy!!

Pr.Woodards Late Night Trix

Old Post 01-16-2020 11:47 AM
randywoodard2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for randywoodard2 Click here to Send randywoodard2 a Private Message Click Here to Email randywoodard2 Find more posts by randywoodard2 Add randywoodard2 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote