UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Registration Question
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Donnie Stevens
UKC Forum Member

Registration Question

A few months ago I purchased a cross bred female and was told the paperwork had been done and sent in several months earlier. After a couple months I had him call ukc and he was told there was a problem with his credit card and he fixed it. Three months later...still no papers...and now he's gettin hard to find lol. What are my options for getting papers for this dog? She is now 18 months old...cross bred walker and English and looks full blooded redtick

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 12-18-2019 08:50 PM
Donnie Stevens is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Donnie Stevens Click here to Send Donnie Stevens a Private Message Find more posts by Donnie Stevens Add Donnie Stevens to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

Unless it is really important to you what she is out of just single register her.

Tar

Old Post 12-18-2019 08:59 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Donnie Stevens
UKC Forum Member

Are you supposed to single register a cross bred dog

Old Post 12-18-2019 09:02 PM
Donnie Stevens is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Donnie Stevens Click here to Send Donnie Stevens a Private Message Find more posts by Donnie Stevens Add Donnie Stevens to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

I guess as long as you know the ancessters I don’t guess it matters.

Hang on to your socks .............. I don’t know lol.

Tar

Old Post 12-18-2019 09:08 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Russell Smith
Banned

If the dog already has UKC papers you would not be able to single register it with us. The registered owner would have to sign the papers over to you.

Old Post 12-19-2019 01:28 PM
Russell Smith is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Russell Smith Click here to Send Russell Smith a Private Message Click Here to Email Russell Smith Visit Russell Smith's homepage! Find more posts by Russell Smith Add Russell Smith to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Donnie Stevens
UKC Forum Member

He supposedly sent for puppy papers for the litter and never recieved them so don't really know if there's papers floating around in postal space or not. Or if they were ever even processed. I think I can get a # off an old scorecard that would help as neither parent had been bred before. Thanks

Old Post 12-19-2019 02:32 PM
Todd K / UKC
Administrator

As an owner of a pup or young dog who is having trouble corresponding with a breeder you are put in a bad position. I've been there. You can single register the dog if it was never litter registered, but you cannot single register the dog if it was litter registered. But how do you know if the breeder is not responding or not being truthful?

As you suggested Donnie, you can submit the dam's registration number, the breeder's name, and approximate date of birth of dog and UKC will let you know if the litter has actually been registered or not. At that point you will have a better direction of which way to go.

If the litter was registered and you get no cooperation from breeder you still may be sol. That is what happened to me. It is the reason UKC recommends a person not purchase a pup without getting papers at the time of sale. I was well aware of this golden rule and moved forward anyway. My bad and I have a grade dog as a result.

Old Post 12-19-2019 02:51 PM
Todd K / UKC is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Todd K / UKC Click here to Send Todd K / UKC a Private Message Click Here to Email Todd K / UKC Find more posts by Todd K / UKC Add Todd K / UKC to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Russell Smith
Banned

Can you please send me a PM with your name & phone number and I can give you a call. Thanks.

Old Post 12-19-2019 02:52 PM
Russell Smith is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Russell Smith Click here to Send Russell Smith a Private Message Click Here to Email Russell Smith Visit Russell Smith's homepage! Find more posts by Russell Smith Add Russell Smith to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Preacher Tom
UKC Forum Member

Seems that nearly all dogs without papers had papers at one time or at least that's the story. Is it it wrong to Xbreed register these dogs if you can't find out anything about them?

Old Post 12-19-2019 05:28 PM
Preacher Tom is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Preacher Tom Click here to Send Preacher Tom a Private Message Click Here to Email Preacher Tom Find more posts by Preacher Tom Add Preacher Tom to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Donnie Stevens
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Russell Smith
Can you please send me a PM with your name & phone number and I can give you a call. Thanks.

Pm sent. Thanks

Old Post 12-19-2019 05:52 PM
Donnie Stevens
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Preacher Tom
Seems that nearly all dogs without papers had papers at one time or at least that's the story. Is it it wrong to Xbreed register these dogs if you can't find out anything about them?

I guess the xbred program was set up to register pups from two different breeds that were already ukc registered,unlike a pkc registered "cross bred" dog where anything of unknown ancestry gets a number and can participate in hunts (or at least used to be able). Maybe ukc needs another category for dogs that just turn up origin unknown or dogs that papers were lost and owners can't be found or won't cooperate. Call them "miscellaneous" or "unknown" or "grade".Maybe don't even allow them any breeding rights but allow them to participate in hunts. Give that "grade dog" a number and let them hunt. Whats it gonna hurt.

Old Post 12-19-2019 06:39 PM
Todd K / UKC
Administrator

quote:
Originally posted by Donnie Stevens
I guess the xbred program was set up to register pups from two different breeds that were already ukc registered,unlike a pkc registered "cross bred" dog where anything of unknown ancestry gets a number and can participate in hunts (or at least used to be able). Maybe ukc needs another category for dogs that just turn up origin unknown or dogs that papers were lost and owners can't be found or won't cooperate. Call them "miscellaneous" or "unknown" or "grade".Maybe don't even allow them any breeding rights but allow them to participate in hunts. Give that "grade dog" a number and let them hunt. Whats it gonna hurt.

Not true. Our current X-Bred category IS also for dogs of unknown origin. So it includes known cross breds and dogs of unknown ancestry. What is tripping you up is the fact that you cannot single register a dog that has already been litter registered. Can't be two registration certificates for one dog.

To answer Preacher Tom's question, there is a question on the single registration application that asks, has this dog been previously registered. If you answer that question, Yes, then it will be declined. If you answer that question, No, then the dog will be registered. If you answer No knowing that the dog was registered but you are having trouble getting papers from the breeder then I think you are opening yourself up to problelms. I don't believe there is an "I don't know" box but maybe there should be????

Old Post 12-19-2019 06:57 PM
Todd K / UKC is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Todd K / UKC Click here to Send Todd K / UKC a Private Message Click Here to Email Todd K / UKC Find more posts by Todd K / UKC Add Todd K / UKC to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Donnie Stevens
UKC Forum Member

I wasnt aware of that. Good deal. So for the coon treein machine that just shows up at your back door and you decide to register him a year later....just check no ?

Todd never mind I withdraw the question lol.

Last edited by Donnie Stevens on 12-19-2019 at 07:10 PM

Old Post 12-19-2019 07:05 PM
Preacher Tom
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Todd K / UKC
Not true. Our current X-Bred category IS also for dogs of unknown origin. So it includes known cross breds and dogs of unknown ancestry. What is tripping you up is the fact that you cannot single register a dog that has already been litter registered. Can't be two registration certificates for one dog.

To answer Preacher Tom's question, there is a question on the single registration application that asks, has this dog been previously registered. If you answer that question, Yes, then it will be declined. If you answer that question, No, then the dog will be registered. If you answer No knowing that the dog was registered but you are having trouble getting papers from the breeder then I think you are opening yourself up to problelms. I don't believe there is an "I don't know" box but maybe there should be????

Todd Thanks for the info. I have a 14 month old pup now that I truly don't know if he was litter registered or not. One of those deals where he was left a mother in laws until she just gave him away. I had planned on Xbreed registering him if he makes the dog it looks like he's gonna make. I for sure couldn't say "Yes" i know he was registered. Looks purebred but for all I know may not be. All I really know is that he is all hound. And they said he was born in October 2018.

Last edited by Preacher Tom on 12-19-2019 at 08:17 PM

Old Post 12-19-2019 08:01 PM
Preacher Tom is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Preacher Tom Click here to Send Preacher Tom a Private Message Click Here to Email Preacher Tom Find more posts by Preacher Tom Add Preacher Tom to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Autumn Clements
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Donnie Stevens
He supposedly sent for puppy papers for the litter and never recieved them so don't really know if there's papers floating around in postal space or not. Or if they were ever even processed. I think I can get a # off an old scorecard that would help as neither parent had been bred before. Thanks

He needs a secretary to keep track of his paperwork 🤔 lol

'PR'LEAD'S MIDNITE SASSY
CFC CH Canadian GCH Multi Group Placing MBPIG BBPIG LEGACYK STANNYFIELD PRIME TIME (AKC & UKC Pointed)
BPIG MBBPIG WINDAMIRS RED LIGHT DISTRICT V AMBERLANE
LEGACYK DARE TO DREAM V CBLUES
LEGACYK WHITE AS A GHOST V CBLUES

Gone but not forgotten
GRNITECH GRCH PKC CH'PR'CLEMENTS' BLUE PRANCER

GRNITECH GRCH'PR'SPIKE'S TWILITE HOOKER
'PR'PRANCER'S GETTIN DOWN N DIRTY (PrancerxHooker)
NITECH CH’PR’BUELL’S BLUE ROCKY(Whitey x Spice)

CKC BBPIG MARIES BABY BREEZE

Old Post 12-20-2019 11:40 PM
Autumn Clements is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Autumn Clements Click here to Send Autumn Clements a Private Message Click Here to Email Autumn Clements Find more posts by Autumn Clements Add Autumn Clements to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote