UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > real coon dogs
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
groworg1
UKC Forum Member

it boils down to the money when you go ukc reg hunt no money goes home that night with the money off the table most hunts are a good time in the pkc guys show up for the money most leave without the money and have more excuses why they didn't win the money! i like both 1 hour hunts during the week can be fun without staying out all night imo

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 10-07-2011 08:13 PM
groworg1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for groworg1 Click here to Send groworg1 a Private Message Click Here to Email groworg1 Find more posts by groworg1 Add groworg1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sparky
UKC Forum Member

Just in local club here in pro am in our cast we 2 silver champs a gold and champion.we treed atleast 7 coon and caught dogs once on the same tree. That's not the caliber of dogs I draw in r local ukc hunts, catch evrything on the same tree usually.

Old Post 10-07-2011 08:18 PM
Sparky is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sparky Click here to Send Sparky a Private Message Click Here to Email Sparky Find more posts by Sparky Add Sparky to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
amazingcursouth
UKC Forum Member

that don't surprise me in your part of the woods. i bet all those hunts together didn't total 25 dogs and that is high. AKC 8 dogs, Ukc, 12 dogs, PKC, 5 dogs. That sounds bout right

Mossy Pond Modacious (MO)
Mossy Pond Amazing Gracie

Old Post 10-07-2011 08:20 PM
amazingcursouth is offline Click Here to See the Profile for amazingcursouth Click here to Send amazingcursouth a Private Message Find more posts by amazingcursouth Add amazingcursouth to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
groworg1
UKC Forum Member

maybe high on ukc number lol miss the old days 3hour hunts 40 plus dogs almost any where you went by the end off 3 hours most knew who had the best dog plain and simple can,t really judge whos best in a hour thats where the luck thing comes in lol

Old Post 10-07-2011 08:26 PM
groworg1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for groworg1 Click here to Send groworg1 a Private Message Click Here to Email groworg1 Find more posts by groworg1 Add groworg1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
patches9452
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by amazingcursouth
that don't surprise me in your part of the woods. i bet all those hunts together didn't total 25 dogs and that is high. AKC 8 dogs, Ukc, 12 dogs, PKC, 5 dogs. That sounds bout right
if you are talking to me one of those ukc hunts hunts had that many dogs.... 1 of the pkc hunts had 19 and one 17 the others had at least 2 cast and the akc hunt had if im not mistaken 9.... no they were not super big hunts

Old Post 10-07-2011 08:27 PM
patches9452 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for patches9452 Click here to Send patches9452 a Private Message Click Here to Email patches9452 Find more posts by patches9452 Add patches9452 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jon Millwood
UKC Forum Member

If PKC has such crappy dogs all of whiners should take all of your coon treers to PKC and clean house! Fact of the mater is yall probabably dont have the dog power.. The reason more coons are seen in UKC is due to 2 different things, Hunting buckets or simply plussing coons that are not there.. As far as the slick handlers go, are yall talking about the ones that know the rules and wont let you slide like some of your back yard UKC hunters? Another fact if you know the rules it dont matter about other handlers! I can tell you one thing Ive seen better competition at our local $25 PKC hunts than at the UKC zones this year!

Last edited by Jon Millwood on 10-07-2011 at 08:39 PM

Old Post 10-07-2011 08:27 PM
Jon Millwood is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jon Millwood Click here to Send Jon Millwood a Private Message Find more posts by Jon Millwood Add Jon Millwood to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
amazingcursouth
UKC Forum Member

AMEN MILLWOOD

Old Post 10-07-2011 08:32 PM
amazingcursouth is offline Click Here to See the Profile for amazingcursouth Click here to Send amazingcursouth a Private Message Find more posts by amazingcursouth Add amazingcursouth to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GA DAWG
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Jon Millwood
If PKC has such crappy dogs all of whiners should take all of your coon treers to PKC and clean house! Fact of the mater is yall probabably dont have the dog power.. The reason more coons are seen in UKC is due to 2 different things, Hunting buckets or simply plussing coons that are not there.. As far as the slick handlers go, are yall talking about the ones that know the rules and wont let you slide like some of your back yard UKC hunters? Another fact if you know the rules it dont matter about other handlers! I can tell you one thing Ive seen better competition at our local $25 PKC hunts than at the UKC zones this year!
That pretty much sums it up right there.

Old Post 10-07-2011 08:55 PM
GA DAWG is offline Click Here to See the Profile for GA DAWG Click here to Send GA DAWG a Private Message Click Here to Email GA DAWG Find more posts by GA DAWG Add GA DAWG to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
C Zink
UKC Forum Member

You nailed it Mr Millwood !

Home of
Gr Nite Ch Pkc Ch Tar Scream'n Sky
Nt Ch Pkc Silver Ch Trips Hardcore Sissy
Tar Scream’n Hoss
Trips Cash

Old Post 10-07-2011 09:07 PM
C Zink is offline Click Here to See the Profile for C Zink Click here to Send C Zink a Private Message Click Here to Email C Zink Find more posts by C Zink Add C Zink to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
justin tumbleso
UKC Forum Member

I was going to type the same thing Millwood!!!!!
You hit the nail on the head.
If winning PKC was as easy, these guy's would be cleaning house.

I enjoy hunting both registries but understand that hunting PKC, I have a smaller margin for error.

PKC seems to always be a little tougher to win at. You better have something that gets to itself and has the bacon looking down at you!!!!!!

Just my 2 cents though.

"I do it to feed my competitive desire"

Old Post 10-07-2011 09:58 PM
justin tumbleso is offline Click Here to See the Profile for justin tumbleso Click here to Send justin tumbleso a Private Message Click Here to Email justin tumbleso Find more posts by justin tumbleso Add justin tumbleso to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jon Millwood
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by justin tumbleso

PKC seems to always be a little tougher to win at. You better have something that gets to itself and has the bacon looking down at you!!!!!!

Just my 2 cents though.

Thats not just an opinion, Thats a fact!

Old Post 10-07-2011 10:17 PM
Jon Millwood is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jon Millwood Click here to Send Jon Millwood a Private Message Find more posts by Jon Millwood Add Jon Millwood to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jon Millwood
UKC Forum Member

Theyre was 2 pages of complaining.Dont tell me one little post is gonna put an end to all that..

Old Post 10-07-2011 10:30 PM
Lee Currens Jr.
Banned

Re: Joshua

quote:
Originally posted by Les Young09
What Dwils says is way more typical of PKC dogs. Very independent & usually undwer a coon.

so why dont they change there rules to + to win like
the other 2 kcs

Old Post 10-07-2011 10:34 PM
Lee Currens Jr. is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Lee Currens Jr. Click here to Send Lee Currens Jr. a Private Message Find more posts by Lee Currens Jr. Add Lee Currens Jr. to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jon Millwood
UKC Forum Member

Re: Re: Joshua

quote:
Originally posted by Lee Currens Jr.
so why dont they change there rules to + to win like
the other 2 kcs

To eliminate the need to plus coons that arent there and having a one drop then move to the next spot bucket dogs!

Old Post 10-07-2011 10:42 PM
Jon Millwood
UKC Forum Member

Something to think about.. Why do those "PKC DOGS" always seem to be Granded out in UKC?

Old Post 10-07-2011 11:12 PM
Ray Lilly
UKC Forum Member

Something else to think about. Try to sell a dog thats pkc registered and not ukc. You want get much interest. Wonder why?

Gr.NiteCh. Lilly's GA. Joe (GrniteCh Flippo's Mr.Bigshot X NiteCh Ace female)
Gr.NiteCh. Lilly's GA. Buckshot (Joe X Albert's Last Chance female)
'PR' Lilly&Swan's Allnight Tuff Enuf (Joe X GrNite Ch Swan's Allnight Ashley)co-owned with Jamie Swan
'PR' Lilly's Ga. Joe II (Joe X GrNiteCh Ch Swan's Allnight Ashley)
'PR' Collake's Pretty Patsy (4 Time Floyd x Rocket female)

Old Post 10-07-2011 11:21 PM
Ray Lilly is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ray Lilly Click here to Send Ray Lilly a Private Message Click Here to Email Ray Lilly Find more posts by Ray Lilly Add Ray Lilly to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dwils
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted bTry selling a litter of walker y Ray Lilly
Something else to think about. Try to sell a dog thats pkc registered and not ukc. You want get much interest. Wonder why?

try selling a litter of walker pups that aren't SS

NtCh PKCCh Skuna River Faith
NtCh PKC Ch Catch This
Silver Ch River Bend Lacey

Old Post 10-07-2011 11:27 PM
Dwils is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dwils Click here to Send Dwils a Private Message Click Here to Email Dwils Find more posts by Dwils Add Dwils to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
amazingcursouth
UKC Forum Member

like i said, most hunters have proven themselves and dogs on both sides of the fence. PKC does give mix breeds a place to hunt. And you see many of them win. I don't see why UKC don't do it. Heck you got guys crossing walkers and english ON PURPOSE and single registering them. And other breeds are crossing as well. Its all about the UKC pocket book and thats it. No offense just true. This post will get pulled im sure. I have had good fortune with UKC and its nothing personal. But the way the money is right now, its hard for me to pay to get a slip, when i have a chance to get some green backs.

Old Post 10-07-2011 11:31 PM
Ray Lilly
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Dwils
try selling a litter of walker pups that aren't SS

I dont know about walkers but the last several litters of black pups we've sold, I only had one guy even ask if they were ss but I also know that there are very few black dogs that hunt pkc.

Gr.NiteCh. Lilly's GA. Joe (GrniteCh Flippo's Mr.Bigshot X NiteCh Ace female)
Gr.NiteCh. Lilly's GA. Buckshot (Joe X Albert's Last Chance female)
'PR' Lilly&Swan's Allnight Tuff Enuf (Joe X GrNite Ch Swan's Allnight Ashley)co-owned with Jamie Swan
'PR' Lilly's Ga. Joe II (Joe X GrNiteCh Ch Swan's Allnight Ashley)
'PR' Collake's Pretty Patsy (4 Time Floyd x Rocket female)

Old Post 10-08-2011 12:33 AM
Ray Lilly is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ray Lilly Click here to Send Ray Lilly a Private Message Click Here to Email Ray Lilly Find more posts by Ray Lilly Add Ray Lilly to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Scott Grogan
UKC Forum Member

I am a pleasure hunter but I do hunt at my local club both UKC and most of the time PKC if my work schedule allows me to.

First, I will say that I personally like the UKC hunts better. Maybe because I am more of a pleasure hunter but they just seem to suit me more. Or maybe it's because thats what I started hunting years ago and it's just what I like. I do like the fact that you have to have plus points to win.

Many of the same dogs hunt both, however, not all do. From my experience, PKC definitely draws better quality dogs. Like I said, I prefer UKC but I am not ignorant to the facts (or at least the facts in my part of the country).

Old Post 10-08-2011 06:55 PM
Scott Grogan is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Scott Grogan Click here to Send Scott Grogan a Private Message Click Here to Email Scott Grogan Find more posts by Scott Grogan Add Scott Grogan to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
john Duemmer
UKC Forum Member

Once a dog is granded out in UKC. it becomes pretty much worthless to a Comp. hunter unless he goes to PKC. Wold be nice if UKC. offerd some incentive for the guys to break out the Grands. I think this is the main reason you see a little better quality dog at the PKC. hunts.

Old Post 10-08-2011 07:05 PM
john Duemmer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for john Duemmer Click here to Send john Duemmer a Private Message Click Here to Email john Duemmer Find more posts by john Duemmer Add john Duemmer to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GA DAWG
UKC Forum Member

We all know I like Pkc. It really don't matter though. I want hunt but 10 or so hunts a year. Now that being said. I've not saw a dog in any registry that's made me take notice. Ain't saw one in years! So I guess the real coondogs must be hiding somewhere??

Old Post 10-08-2011 07:46 PM
GA DAWG is offline Click Here to See the Profile for GA DAWG Click here to Send GA DAWG a Private Message Click Here to Email GA DAWG Find more posts by GA DAWG Add GA DAWG to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BlueMoonJake
UKC Forum Member

As a guy who did a lot of hunting in the mid/late 70's and early 80's and getting totally out until starting again this year, I believe there have been a lot of changes in some breeds, some for the better and some for the worse. I hunted walkers back then, the few walkers I've hunted with so far seem to have lost a lot of track. I'm sure that may be just be a few not saying all by any means, it just seems like some will blow by tracks to run the hottest track. The blue dogs we're hunting seem to have improved. I'm really impressed with a little english dog we picked up. Since we're just hide/pleasure hunters it doesn't matter with kc is the best, we just want a dog that will put a coon up a tree night after night. Lately I've seen more than a few that seem to have a hard time doing it.
One guys dog tree on a corner post last week, not a coon anywhere to be found.lol

Old Post 10-08-2011 08:18 PM
BlueMoonJake is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BlueMoonJake Click here to Send BlueMoonJake a Private Message Find more posts by BlueMoonJake Add BlueMoonJake to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jon Millwood
UKC Forum Member

Ive hunted against 1 dog that impressed me in the last few years and it was John Livelys lil D dog. Hes fast and accurate and thats 2 good traits that you dont usually find in the same dog.

Old Post 10-08-2011 09:22 PM
Cry Tough Blues
UKC Forum Member

i would have to agree with dwils, mr. millwood and company on pkc. those of you who don't hunt pkc are always the ones bad mouthing it. with all the different clubs around here pkc hunts have the bigger showings. you arent gonna win in pkc unless you got a loner who has the coon around here. and yes the majority of the time someone "wins" with minus points is cause the finalists have split instead of hunting it off, therefore one could have won his cast with minus. PKC is the place to be for a reason. time for learning rules is when you are pleasure hunting your hound, not during the hunt. to those of you who say the walkers have lost their tracking ability, come on, just cause a hound can get through the woods with his head up doesnt mean the track isnt cold. shows he has brains and can move a cold track like it is hot. gives the impression the track is hot but its not. those comments tell me the person saying it hasnt been around alot in the woods with good hounds. i also agree that having a litter SS is gonna sell those pups alot quicker. if a breeder is that confident to put that kind of money out on a whole new litter, bet he is confident he bred his coondog to a coondog.

Last edited by Cry Tough Blues on 10-08-2011 at 10:54 PM

Old Post 10-08-2011 09:26 PM
Cry Tough Blues is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Cry Tough Blues Click here to Send Cry Tough Blues a Private Message Find more posts by Cry Tough Blues Add Cry Tough Blues to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote