UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Bench show prizes
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Alan Shetler
UKC Forum Member

btt

btt

Home Of:
'PR' Conemaugh River Duelin Banjo (grchgrntch Dylans Duelin Dan x ntch Iowa's Ragin Split)

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 08-23-2012 05:28 PM
Alan Shetler is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Alan Shetler Click here to Send Alan Shetler a Private Message Visit Alan Shetler's homepage! Find more posts by Alan Shetler Add Alan Shetler to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Alan Shetler
UKC Forum Member

btt

Home Of:
'PR' Conemaugh River Duelin Banjo (grchgrntch Dylans Duelin Dan x ntch Iowa's Ragin Split)

Old Post 08-24-2012 12:46 AM
Alan Shetler is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Alan Shetler Click here to Send Alan Shetler a Private Message Visit Alan Shetler's homepage! Find more posts by Alan Shetler Add Alan Shetler to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dale Young
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Corey Taylor
If the person wins a show, allow them to to show at the next show for half off or free OR allow them to do the same thing for the next couple of shows (2 or 3 shows). You are technically not putting any money out of your pocket.

Its not an award but it may bring in more people since they arent having to pay the full price or pay at all.

So if you got a outstanding dog that keeps winning you've got an lifetime free entry ?
or
maybe they'd grand out on one entry fee.

Another thought would be gift cards to Cabela's or Bass Pro Shops. Winners can shop & buy on-line and even save their wins and use them later for larger items.

Old Post 08-24-2012 03:55 AM
Dale Young is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dale Young Click here to Send Dale Young a Private Message Click Here to Email Dale Young Find more posts by Dale Young Add Dale Young to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Cynthia
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Wmagicwebb
you forgot what about if the club has to pay the bench show judge at least $25,, lots of clubs has to pay , wow there is$4 profit

clubs are "supposed" to have a BSJ in their ranks. if they use them, they dont have to pay them. I have never gotten paid for my services at our club events.

Alan, for NC state here is what we had:
-Picture plaques for all category and overall winners
-category winners (bmos,bfos,etc) got a purina bag filled with: purina feed, purina bowl, ukc easy entry card holder, grooming kit (I think. I know the youth got one).
-overall/opposite sex: same bag, embroidered chair, custom made show lead, $250 & $100 Visa card. Black Gold dog food, engraved silver plates

we hope to do the same or better for 2013.

for the NC state youth, show prizes were:
-bag of purina feed, bowl, pooper scopper, grooming kit, can food scoop. and each child that entered got a water bottle and string back pack with logo.

2015 AO Overall Dual Champion NTCH GRCH 'PR' Sexy and I know It (breeder/owner/handler)
2016 Grand American Overall Dual Ch, Overall Show CHampion NTCH GRCH 'PR' Sexy and I know It

AKC CSG, UKC CCH GRCH 'PR' Southern Flame Bad News Bandit (Bandit)
2010 National Grand Champion Bluetick
2013 AO Bluetick Stud Dog winner

CCH GCH 'PR' Southern Flame Elvira - the one that started it all

southernflamekennel@earthlink.net

RIP Southern Flame Elvira (the cornerstone of the kennel) 5/16/02-1/17/14

RIP Southern Flame Scarlet (the lone Redbone) 5/11/01-7/19/13

RIP Southern Flame Wild Irish Rose (Rosie) 6/15/09 - 3/12/15

RIP Southern Flame Too Hot to Trot (Bonnie) 3/27/07 - 4/20/15

RIP Southern Flame Bad News Bandit (Bandit)

RIP Southern Flame Triple Trouble (TT) 12/17/04 - 11/19/16

RIP Southern Flame Blame it on the Rain (Rain)

RIP AdeleMay's a Smokey Bandit (Adele)

RIP Southern Flame I Like Ike (Ike)

RIP Bella the Beagle

Bear, Jerry Lee, Camo, Maybellene, Lacy, Thor, Sissy, Merle, Tina, Bridgette - the Blueticks, Hollie - the Aussie

Old Post 08-24-2012 01:33 PM
Cynthia is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Cynthia Click here to Send Cynthia a Private Message Click Here to Email Cynthia Visit Cynthia's homepage! Find more posts by Cynthia Add Cynthia to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Two Toes
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Wmagicwebb
we cut our benchs to ten dollars trying to get more to show but that didnt work it cost $14 plus another $1.50 figure that up and see what kind of prize you can get when you have 5 or6 dogs enter most clubs are not having them anymore thinking about cutting down to maybe 2 next year ourself if we dont get a few at oct. show

The same could be said for the nite hunts that only have 4-8 dawgs in them tho. Hunt entries generally higher yes but not that much more in the profit(?) margin.

Either way,I wish there was a magic wand to increase the interest & participation in both on the local level ??

Last edited by Two Toes on 08-24-2012 at 02:40 PM

Old Post 08-24-2012 02:34 PM
Two Toes is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Two Toes Click here to Send Two Toes a Private Message Click Here to Email Two Toes Find more posts by Two Toes Add Two Toes to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
T-Monroe
UKC Forum Member

I have talked with a few hide hunters that say they have tried the shows and hunts but was not impressed because of the favoritism at the shows and they drew out with a cast that wasn’t very welcoming to new hunters. Most of the ones I talked to said that is why they will never return to a competition show or hunt. I was very lucky on my first hunt and drew a cast that was very helpful and made me feel welcome, which is why I kept coming back. So I guess my point is that if you want bigger shows and hunts, make the new people feel welcome and help to show them the ropes. I for one have seen the politics played out at shows and have had some crappy cast since I got into the competition part of coon hunting. But it was that first show and hunt where the guys at the club made me feel welcome that got me hooked. First impressions are everything if you want to keep people coming back to the clubs. Prizes mean very little if you only have 2 to 5 hounds in a show or hunt, because is that really enough competition to test your hounds true looks and ability? JMO

GRNITECH GRCH 'PR' Monroe's Ramblin Rex
GRCH 'PR' Monroe's Miss Karlie
NITECH GRCH 'PR' Monroe's Bawlin Jake

Old Post 08-24-2012 03:50 PM
T-Monroe is offline Click Here to See the Profile for T-Monroe Click here to Send T-Monroe a Private Message Click Here to Email T-Monroe Visit T-Monroe's homepage! Find more posts by T-Monroe Add T-Monroe to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Alan Shetler
UKC Forum Member

btt

Home Of:

Old Post 08-25-2012 04:56 PM
Lee Currens Jr.
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by Cynthia
clubs are "supposed" to have a BSJ in their ranks. if they use them, they dont have to pay them. I have never gotten paid for my services at our club events.

Alan, for NC state here is what we had:
-Picture plaques for all category and overall winners
-category winners (bmos,bfos,etc) got a purina bag filled with: purina feed, purina bowl, ukc easy entry card holder, grooming kit (I think. I know the youth got one).
-overall/opposite sex: same bag, embroidered chair, custom made show lead, $250 & $100 Visa card. Black Gold dog food, engraved silver plates

-bag of purina feed, bowl, pooper scopper, grooming kit, can food scoop. and each child that entered got a water bottle and string back pack with logo.

29 a show and just think you dont have to leave the lights on

Old Post 08-26-2012 07:56 PM
Lee Currens Jr. is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Lee Currens Jr. Click here to Send Lee Currens Jr. a Private Message Find more posts by Lee Currens Jr. Add Lee Currens Jr. to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Geminite
UKC Forum Member

quote:

I would appreciate & enjoy any of these prizes, great ideas! I love getting kit type deals.

Home of:
CH Crystal Springs Dear Darla
Crystal Creeks Dizzy Spell

Proud Handler of:
GRNITECH CH PR Jamie's Trashy Big John
NITECH PR Lifeways Fire Cracker

In Fond Memory of:
NITECH CH PR Jamie's Trashy Hightech Redneck
GRNITECH GRCH PR Morgan's Losses Hills Dawn
GRCH PR Wilkinson's Jebb
NITECH CH PR Gimme Three Steps Mister

Old Post 08-26-2012 08:09 PM
Geminite is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Geminite Click here to Send Geminite a Private Message Click Here to Email Geminite Visit Geminite's homepage! Find more posts by Geminite Add Geminite to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Alan Shetler
UKC Forum Member

btt
loving these ideas keep them coming

Home Of:

Old Post 08-27-2012 04:11 AM
Troy Arnold
UKC Forum Member

I think any prize at all would be nice. I have just started doing competition and put my 1yr redbone in 2 shows now and got best of breed first show and best of show 2nd show but the first show only had 6 dogs and the 2nd show only 4 dogs. No prizes at either just your slip which I thought was something before I started this because I thought Champion and grandchampion were big labels to get but when you dont have much competition Im thinking alot of these labels dont mean anything. Maybe prizes would get more people to enter the shows. In fact the show I went to to see how it worked there was only 2 dogs in it. The winner got best of show by simply beating one dog. Wont take long to make champion that way. Ive only seen one champion at all these shows and that guy had to hold his dog on the table but got a win towards grand at least i think because im new but i dont think a champion has to have competion to count if I read the rules right. O and just so you know both hunts I showed in had 30+ dogs in the hunt those nights so its not like those clubs dont have anyone show up they just dont show. I definetely think good prizes would increase the entries though.

Old Post 08-27-2012 04:48 AM
Troy Arnold is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Troy Arnold Click here to Send Troy Arnold a Private Message Click Here to Email Troy Arnold Find more posts by Troy Arnold Add Troy Arnold to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Cynthia
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by tja51horns
I think any prize at all would be nice. I have just started doing competition and put my 1yr redbone in 2 shows now and got best of breed first show and best of show 2nd show but the first show only had 6 dogs and the 2nd show only 4 dogs. No prizes at either just your slip which I thought was something before I started this because I thought Champion and grandchampion were big labels to get but when you dont have much competition Im thinking alot of these labels dont mean anything. Maybe prizes would get more people to enter the shows. In fact the show I went to to see how it worked there was only 2 dogs in it. The winner got best of show by simply beating one dog. Wont take long to make champion that way. Ive only seen one champion at all these shows and that guy had to hold his dog on the table but got a win towards grand at least i think because im new but i dont think a champion has to have competion to count if I read the rules right. O and just so you know both hunts I showed in had 30+ dogs in the hunt those nights so its not like those clubs dont have anyone show up they just dont show. I definetely think good prizes would increase the entries though.

not sure how far from Richmond you are, but come out there Thurs-Sat and you will see a lot more than 6 dogs in the show. good luck

2015 AO Overall Dual Champion NTCH GRCH 'PR' Sexy and I know It (breeder/owner/handler)
2016 Grand American Overall Dual Ch, Overall Show CHampion NTCH GRCH 'PR' Sexy and I know It

AKC CSG, UKC CCH GRCH 'PR' Southern Flame Bad News Bandit (Bandit)
2010 National Grand Champion Bluetick
2013 AO Bluetick Stud Dog winner

CCH GCH 'PR' Southern Flame Elvira - the one that started it all

southernflamekennel@earthlink.net

RIP Southern Flame Elvira (the cornerstone of the kennel) 5/16/02-1/17/14

RIP Southern Flame Scarlet (the lone Redbone) 5/11/01-7/19/13

RIP Southern Flame Wild Irish Rose (Rosie) 6/15/09 - 3/12/15

RIP Southern Flame Too Hot to Trot (Bonnie) 3/27/07 - 4/20/15

RIP Southern Flame Bad News Bandit (Bandit)

RIP Southern Flame Triple Trouble (TT) 12/17/04 - 11/19/16

RIP Southern Flame Blame it on the Rain (Rain)

RIP AdeleMay's a Smokey Bandit (Adele)

RIP Southern Flame I Like Ike (Ike)

RIP Bella the Beagle

Bear, Jerry Lee, Camo, Maybellene, Lacy, Thor, Sissy, Merle, Tina, Bridgette - the Blueticks, Hollie - the Aussie

Old Post 08-27-2012 04:13 PM
Cynthia is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Cynthia Click here to Send Cynthia a Private Message Click Here to Email Cynthia Visit Cynthia's homepage! Find more posts by Cynthia Add Cynthia to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Lee Currens Jr.
Banned

quote:
not sure how far from Richmond you are, but come out there Thurs-Sat and you will see a lot more than 6 dogs in the show. good luck

will wed. ever get here?

Old Post 08-27-2012 04:44 PM
Lee Currens Jr. is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Lee Currens Jr. Click here to Send Lee Currens Jr. a Private Message Find more posts by Lee Currens Jr. Add Lee Currens Jr. to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Alan Shetler
UKC Forum Member

anymore good ideas out there

Home Of:

Old Post 08-30-2012 03:07 PM
Alan Shetler
UKC Forum Member

btt

Home Of:

Old Post 09-06-2012 12:46 AM