UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > What Happened to the Cover Dog post?
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Rip
UKC Forum Member

What Happened to the Cover Dog post?

Did it just go away and why? I didn't think it was a controversial post just someone asking what to do points wise with dogs that came in late to a slick tree.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 02-18-2019 01:49 AM
Rip is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rip Click here to Send Rip a Private Message Click Here to Email Rip Visit Rip's homepage! Find more posts by Rip Add Rip to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

Sombody forgot to use their filter.

Tar

Old Post 02-18-2019 02:00 AM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JiM
UKC Forum Member

I made a comment and that was the last I saw it. Sorry.

AKC/UKC GrNtCh Sizemore's Timber Jam Jessi 12/21/04 to 1/21/2011 R.I.P.

Old Post 02-18-2019 02:24 AM
JiM is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JiM Click here to Send JiM a Private Message Click Here to Email JiM Find more posts by JiM Add JiM to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Nick B
UKC Forum Member

I was going to ask earlier

But what is the correct scoring. I’m new to this. If a dog comes in after the time limit, (5 minutes, right?), they cannot receive plus (or circle) points, so can they also not receive minus points?

Old Post 02-18-2019 02:28 AM
Nick B is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Nick B Click here to Send Nick B a Private Message Find more posts by Nick B Add Nick B to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rip
UKC Forum Member

Dogs coming in to a tree after the judge arrives can NOT be minused unless coon is seen AND the dogs declared treed are given plus points.

So that means dogs coming in to a slick or off game tree after the judge arrives can NOT be minused or scratched. They have their strike circled because no coon was seen and the dogs declared treed did not get plus points.

Under the heading of circle points, meaning the dogs in this situation get circled

"5(b) No dog to receive minus points for coming
into tree after Judge arrives unless a coon is
seen and the dogs treeing are awarded plus
points"

Old Post 02-18-2019 02:59 AM
Rip is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rip Click here to Send Rip a Private Message Click Here to Email Rip Visit Rip's homepage! Find more posts by Rip Add Rip to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Redneck Mafia
UKC Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Rip
Dogs coming in to a tree after the judge arrives can NOT be minused unless coon is seen AND the dogs declared treed are given plus points.

So that means dogs coming in to a slick or off game tree after the judge arrives can NOT be minused or scratched. They have their strike circled because no coon was seen and the dogs declared treed did not get plus points.

Under the heading of circle points, meaning the dogs in this situation get circled

"5(b) No dog to receive minus points for coming
into tree after Judge arrives unless a coon is
seen and the dogs treeing are awarded plus
points"

I'm not sure if my post (I believe the last one made) was what got it deleted but because it did not and does not violate the terms of use of this site I'm going to state it again. I will be submitting to more than one breed association the following... to remove from the rules the "saved by the judge" exemption. The circle points given to dogs who have either quit their track or arrived after the judge has arrived on slicks and off game being able to beat other dogs by circle points in a tie breaker is ridiculous.

"TEAM MAFIA"
*NATIONAL GRNITECH GRCH GRNITECH(5) HALL OF FAME PKC PLATIUM CH REDNECK BACKWOODS SHACK
2014 OK STATE CH, 2015 MO PKC LEADER, 2016 PKC NATIONALS SEMIFINALIST, 2016 UKC TOP 20, 2O17 UKC WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 3RD PLACE, 2018 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4, 2018 MO PKC STATE CHAMPION, 2019 AUTUMN OAKS NATIONAL GRNITE CH, 2019 PKC WORLD CH SEMIFINALIST. 2021 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4.
*PKC WORLD CHAMPION PLATNIUM CHAMPION GRNITECH SHACK'S HEATHER ISLAND SOUTHERN STOGIE
2021 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2022 PKC WORLD CHAMPION, 2022 MO PKC STATE LEADER PRO SPORT TRUCK WINNER

RIP
*GRNITECH PKC SCH REDNECK MAFIA PKC HALL OF FAME REPRODUCER INDUCTED 2022
*GRNITECH CH PKC SILVER CH REDNECK SHACK ATTACK aka TAC 2018 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2020 MO PKC STATE LEADER

Old Post 02-18-2019 01:45 PM
Redneck Mafia is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Redneck Mafia Click here to Send Redneck Mafia a Private Message Click Here to Email Redneck Mafia Find more posts by Redneck Mafia Add Redneck Mafia to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

Jen a couple regulars called each other names lol. You all did nothing wrong. Can't be cussen on here. Y'all keep on its a good topic !!

Tar

Old Post 02-18-2019 01:50 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CHEWBACH
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by yadkintar
Jen a couple regulars called each other names lol. You all did nothing wrong. Can't be cussen on here. Y'all keep on its a good topic !!

Tar

Wasn't me!! lol

Old Post 02-18-2019 01:55 PM
CHEWBACH is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CHEWBACH Click here to Send CHEWBACH a Private Message Find more posts by CHEWBACH Add CHEWBACH to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Redneck Mafia
UKC Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by CHEWBACH
Wasn't me!! lol

Avant-garde.

"TEAM MAFIA"
*NATIONAL GRNITECH GRCH GRNITECH(5) HALL OF FAME PKC PLATIUM CH REDNECK BACKWOODS SHACK
2014 OK STATE CH, 2015 MO PKC LEADER, 2016 PKC NATIONALS SEMIFINALIST, 2016 UKC TOP 20, 2O17 UKC WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 3RD PLACE, 2018 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4, 2018 MO PKC STATE CHAMPION, 2019 AUTUMN OAKS NATIONAL GRNITE CH, 2019 PKC WORLD CH SEMIFINALIST. 2021 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4.
*PKC WORLD CHAMPION PLATNIUM CHAMPION GRNITECH SHACK'S HEATHER ISLAND SOUTHERN STOGIE
2021 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2022 PKC WORLD CHAMPION, 2022 MO PKC STATE LEADER PRO SPORT TRUCK WINNER

RIP
*GRNITECH PKC SCH REDNECK MAFIA PKC HALL OF FAME REPRODUCER INDUCTED 2022
*GRNITECH CH PKC SILVER CH REDNECK SHACK ATTACK aka TAC 2018 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2020 MO PKC STATE LEADER

Old Post 02-18-2019 02:47 PM
Redneck Mafia is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Redneck Mafia Click here to Send Redneck Mafia a Private Message Click Here to Email Redneck Mafia Find more posts by Redneck Mafia Add Redneck Mafia to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
joey
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Redneck Mafia
I'm not sure if my post (I believe the last one made) was what got it deleted but because it did not and does not violate the terms of use of this site I'm going to state it again. I will be submitting to more than one breed association the following... to remove from the rules the "saved by the judge" exemption. The circle points given to dogs who have either quit their track or arrived after the judge has arrived on slicks and off game being able to beat other dogs by circle points in a tie breaker is ridiculous.

I totally agree but for right now all you can do is circle them.

http://www.sunspotlights.com/
When brightness matters!!

Home Of:
PKC Ch, Grch Grnch 2008 Tx state champion They call me Crazy Betty

PKC SCh CH Grnch They call me Howler too

Old Post 02-18-2019 03:56 PM
joey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for joey Click here to Send joey a Private Message Find more posts by joey Add joey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote