UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Off Topic > bigtimberkennels (part.deaux)
Pages (742): « First ... « 624 625 [626] 627 628 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
bigtimberkennel
UKC Forum Member

Mornin gang nice night to hunt or sleep .... I slept got a cool 70 this mornin headed up to 90 later.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 09-30-2019 12:22 PM
bigtimberkennel is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bigtimberkennel Click here to Send bigtimberkennel a Private Message Find more posts by bigtimberkennel Add bigtimberkennel to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hillbilly56
UKC Forum Member

68 here with some rain but suppose to move out quick not gonna get enough to us much good

Old Post 09-30-2019 02:33 PM
hillbilly56 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for hillbilly56 Click here to Send hillbilly56 a Private Message Click Here to Email hillbilly56 Find more posts by hillbilly56 Add hillbilly56 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Nathan Harder
UKC Forum Member

Three more days and it looks like the heat may break for good. So dry I can tell my hound is having a hard time with tracks right now

Iraq War Vet 03-04, 05-06
RECON
618-410-3034

Old Post 09-30-2019 03:40 PM
Nathan Harder is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Nathan Harder Click here to Send Nathan Harder a Private Message Click Here to Email Nathan Harder Find more posts by Nathan Harder Add Nathan Harder to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rex W Sims
UKC Forum Member

hot ,dry , humid,son of gun out there....

Old Post 09-30-2019 06:26 PM
Rex W Sims is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rex W Sims Click here to Send Rex W Sims a Private Message Click Here to Email Rex W Sims Find more posts by Rex W Sims Add Rex W Sims to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bigtimberkennel
UKC Forum Member

I got 90 degrees & hot.

Old Post 09-30-2019 09:25 PM
bigtimberkennel is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bigtimberkennel Click here to Send bigtimberkennel a Private Message Find more posts by bigtimberkennel Add bigtimberkennel to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hillbilly56
UKC Forum Member

it's 74 here already feels like 81 calling for 93 im ready for a cool down

Old Post 10-01-2019 04:09 PM
hillbilly56 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for hillbilly56 Click here to Send hillbilly56 a Private Message Click Here to Email hillbilly56 Find more posts by hillbilly56 Add hillbilly56 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bigtimberkennel
UKC Forum Member

90 now ... again better than 19 👍

Old Post 10-01-2019 06:22 PM
Rex W Sims
UKC Forum Member

I got 92 hot dry humid degrees.

Old Post 10-01-2019 08:28 PM
Rex W Sims is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rex W Sims Click here to Send Rex W Sims a Private Message Click Here to Email Rex W Sims Find more posts by Rex W Sims Add Rex W Sims to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bigtimberkennel
UKC Forum Member

No rain in site for another week 72 comfortable degrees at the present. The big time operator's are takin the crops out now ..... oh boy look at 'em go!!!

Old Post 10-02-2019 12:15 PM
hillbilly56
UKC Forum Member

another hot day for us amish buddy said thier starting to pick beans out his way but forgot what he said about corn

Old Post 10-02-2019 02:12 PM
Rex W Sims
UKC Forum Member

87 degrees ,broken record, hot dry..

Old Post 10-02-2019 06:49 PM
Nathan Harder
UKC Forum Member

I think today may have been the last day of some miserable heat for this year. Forecast here has mid 70's and a few nights in the lower 40's for the next ten days. Took the last few days to work on my hunting gear and equipment. Just making sure everything is in order. Did some scouting on some public hunting areas so I can stay away from the landowners property with Deer season in as much as possible. Gonna strap on the boots tomorrow night and hunt the hide of my dog this year. He will be 2 in November and is coming along nicely. Hard to tell exactly but seems to be darn accurate. Hasn't messed with any off game for a long time. I got one question for you fellas with more experience than me. He is mostly silent on the ground. Running more than 75% of his tracks silent straight to locate. When corn was just coming ripe and the coons were in the fields feeding on it or in a bean field he would open up nicely and continuously until treed. Is this something I could expect to change? I was thinking that maybe his second fall/winter maybe when he crossovers to opening all the time when the vegetation dies off and I can reasonably find the coons he has treed and feed him a few. Will it ever change so that he is not so tight mouthed on the ground or is this something that is set into stone by now? Both his parents open on the ground so technically he should.

RECON
618-410-3034

Old Post 10-03-2019 04:36 AM
Nathan Harder is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Nathan Harder Click here to Send Nathan Harder a Private Message Click Here to Email Nathan Harder Find more posts by Nathan Harder Add Nathan Harder to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bigtimberkennel
UKC Forum Member

Dogs are dogs Nate I had 4 that were full brother & sisters all were open but 1 & she stayed that way till she died,never noticed any difference in how many coons I got or left .... it is what it is,that's my 2 cents worth. Personally I like the tight mouth for me it was easier for treein,& she'd sneek up on 'em.

Old Post 10-03-2019 12:29 PM
hillbilly56
UKC Forum Member

gonna be another hot day then suppose to get some rain @ get a little cool statrtin the weekend oldest boy called his mother inlaw passed away early this moronin

Old Post 10-03-2019 02:33 PM
Rex W Sims
UKC Forum Member

most dogs ive owned that start out tight mouthed stay pretty much tight mouth their whole life..had a 3/4 hound 1/4 cur was totally silent ..if you want to see a lot coons he was the dog for you.. like TD I like a tight mouth dog,lot less walking..nice and cool here this morning....

Old Post 10-03-2019 03:12 PM
hillbilly56
UKC Forum Member

yep the older we get the better most like a tight mouth dog i know i can't get up these hills like i did in my young days

Old Post 10-03-2019 03:17 PM
Nathan Harder
UKC Forum Member

Thanks to all of you for the input. I understand where that can be advantageous, especially in those hills HB. I am wanting to push a dog in the hunts. I like them and so far have not run into some of the stories I have read on the main page. So I guess my next question is can a tight mouthed dog compete and reasonably have some success against open trailing dogs when they are losing out on those strike points?
Overcast and cloudy here. Looking out of the window, I just seen a flock of geese in formation headed south. Guess that snow and cold up north has them moving. Went to the store yesterday and seen quite a few fellas out harvesting.

RECON
618-410-3034

Old Post 10-03-2019 04:12 PM
Rex W Sims
UKC Forum Member

if he is a first tree kinda dog [the kinda dog you can tree on the first or second bark] ,,he will be just fine in the hunts.....

Old Post 10-03-2019 05:48 PM
bigtimberkennel
UKC Forum Member

Probably shouldn't say this but I'm gonna anyway,a good dog can't never beat a slick handler,if the cast has it out for you your done before you leave the clubhouse. Seen it happen more than once,heard of it happen too many times don't get me wrong there are some poor losers out there also.....it's a 2 way street.

Last edited by bigtimberkennel on 10-03-2019 at 08:17 PM

Old Post 10-03-2019 08:14 PM
bigtimberkennel
UKC Forum Member

Crap ola it's only 48 this mornin I liked the 70's

Old Post 10-04-2019 12:22 PM
hillbilly56
UKC Forum Member

60 degress here im lovein it

Old Post 10-04-2019 03:38 PM
Rex W Sims
UKC Forum Member

it could stay this way weather wise year round and it wouldn't bother me a bit.sure is nice out...

Old Post 10-04-2019 08:00 PM
hillbilly56
UKC Forum Member

im with ya on the weather rex

Old Post 10-04-2019 09:46 PM
hillbilly56
UKC Forum Member

im with ya on the weather rex

Old Post 10-04-2019 09:46 PM
bigtimberkennel
UKC Forum Member

Only 49 this mornin but no breeze so it ain't bad. Crops are really disappearin fast....bear ground means no more wind breaks guys at Fairgrange elevator didn't wanna see the corn shucked....too late.

Old Post 10-05-2019 12:05 PM