UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Wolfs Kill Hound Durring U.k.c Hunt In Mn!!
Pages (8): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
jsamuels
UKC Forum Member

hey

hey, act frist.... i'm a firm beleiver in seporting indangerd animals, but when they cause damage....damage needs to be done. Take care of the ones that you can.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 09-21-2010 10:02 PM
jsamuels is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jsamuels Click here to Send jsamuels a Private Message Find more posts by jsamuels Add jsamuels to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Susie
UKC Forum Member

Hey Chris.. I was gonna ask you~ Did Brandon still have his hound in the center hole of the dog box?

Old Post 09-21-2010 10:05 PM
Susie is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Susie Click here to Send Susie a Private Message Click Here to Email Susie Find more posts by Susie Add Susie to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rmcmillan
UKC Forum Member

HAVE EVERYONE YOU KNOW START TO CALL OR WRITE TO YOUR STATE REPS. KEEP THE PRESSURE ON. GET THE NON HOUND HUNTERS INVOLVED. DEER AND ELK HUNTERS HATE THEM. THERE ARE MORE PEOPLE OUT THERE THAT DISLIKE THEM THAN YOU THINK. JUST REMBER THE POLITICIANS WORK FOR US. LET THEM KNOW IF SOMETHING IS NOT DONE WE WILL VOTE THEM OUT AND THEN HAVE IT CHANGED!!!!!

I WENT TO LINK AND SAID SOMETHING NEEDS TO BE DONE.

there's a web site www.regulations.gov and then in the search box type in [FWS-R3-ES-2010-0062] it's a place to post comment on delisting the wolfs

GO TO BIG GAME FORUM POST THIS AND PHOTOS ON THERE. THEY HAVE A THREAD ABOUT WOLVES AD IT THERE. GET THEM INVOLVED.

Nt.Ch. Gr.Ch. Gr.WCh. Pr. McMillans Blue Crystal
Ntch. GrCh. Pr. McMillans Blue Magic
Gr.Nt.Ch. Pr. McMillans Blue Hawk
Nt. Ch. Pr. McMillans Blue Rage
all are gone now but will NEVER BE FORGOTTEN

CH. PR. MCMILLANS TREE ROCKIN BRANDY
CH. PR. MCMILLANS MIDNITES STINGIN SADIE

Last edited by rmcmillan on 09-21-2010 at 10:16 PM

Old Post 09-21-2010 10:12 PM
rmcmillan is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rmcmillan Click here to Send rmcmillan a Private Message Find more posts by rmcmillan Add rmcmillan to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
John D
UKC Forum Member

I'm not attorney, but I wonder if a class action lawsuit, or the threat of one, on behalf of hunting organizations, coonhunters clubs, etc. would have an effect?

Click here to visit The B&T Coonhunters Message Forum for news, views, open discussion, ads, and event winners in the B&T Breed (Registration, with your full name, required)

Click here to see my Dog List

Old Post 09-21-2010 10:29 PM
John D is offline Click Here to See the Profile for John D Click here to Send John D a Private Message Click Here to Email John D Visit John D's homepage! Find more posts by John D Add John D to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
RRbluehound
UKC Forum Member

shoot, shovel, shut up

Old Post 09-21-2010 10:38 PM
RRbluehound is offline Click Here to See the Profile for RRbluehound Click here to Send RRbluehound a Private Message Find more posts by RRbluehound Add RRbluehound to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BIGCASTLEDAWGS
UKC Forum Member

SO VERY SORRY..

... and sickened...
I am 4'11"... about 120 fat.... I have seen wolves up close (had a friend who did rehab for them many yrs ago...) I would be a snack....
I love wolves, think they're beautiful... I love people MORE. I think the wolf has lost it's place in most areas of this country...and for good reason... Time has come that they should ONLY be kept in SAFE captivity...

I'm so sorry for you and all the others losing hounds, livestock etc... I hope the Govt does something about this disgusting mess they have gotten us ALL into....

Thoughts and prayers for your loss, Heather

Old Post 09-21-2010 10:50 PM
BIGCASTLEDAWGS is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BIGCASTLEDAWGS Click here to Send BIGCASTLEDAWGS a Private Message Find more posts by BIGCASTLEDAWGS Add BIGCASTLEDAWGS to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jim Hill
UKC Forum Member

Re: Wolfs Kill Hound Durring U.k.c Hunt In Mn!!

quote:
Originally posted by C.Stoppelman
on Sat Aug 18th durring a U.K.C hunt my hound was killed by two FEDERALY PROTECTED WOLFS and then we was being stalked by them and just lucky we wasn't attacked and we all know you can't carry a gun durring a U.K.C or get barred but I have to ask where do we draw the line??? is a gun at lest in the truck ok??? and as far as what the DNR and feds said is that because this was the first attack and there hasn't been a problem befor that they aren't even sending out trapers or shooters to take care of them!!! so does this mean they're just going to keep looking away till to many get killed or what will it take??? a human? a child? I mean we are all so scared now that none of us wanta cut a hound loose and we surely can't take kids...which are the future of this sport....SOMETHING HAS TO BE DONE!!!!!! just I have no idea where to start (but have a few people helping).

THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN THE FEDEARL GOVERMENT DON'T CARE WHAT HAPPENS TO OUR HOUNDS!!!!!

need to get the state assocation involed him thinking and see what they can do for ya, they always say they are to protect us so........

Been following these walker dogs since 1983,and love every min of it !!!!

http://minnesotastatecoonhunters.webs.com/

Use SunSpot Lights, so bright its like the sun came out at night !!!

Old Post 09-21-2010 10:58 PM
Jim Hill is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jim Hill Click here to Send Jim Hill a Private Message Find more posts by Jim Hill Add Jim Hill to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hsbdh
UKC Forum Member

My dad has had to wolfs at diff times as i was growing up. They a smart vary smart. they do not fear us well alot of the wild ones. They are vary vary good at killing have to be in the pack. the female he had was on a chain by the back door a pack yot hounds came through the fight was on there was 5 of them her on a chain they all had to go to vet and stay a few day she had not a mark. OPEN SEASON AND PUT THE FEAR BACK IN THEM!!! (I like wolfs just dont like them eating me my dogs or others)

Old Post 09-21-2010 11:10 PM
hsbdh is offline Click Here to See the Profile for hsbdh Click here to Send hsbdh a Private Message Click Here to Email hsbdh Find more posts by hsbdh Add hsbdh to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Kroggy
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Susie
Hey Jim~ I read an article about a collared Timber released in Upper MI.. and was tracked to MO.. so they are traveling..
Chris let me know what i can do to help~ Im planning on splashing the story in the news up here to get more people motivated up here to do something about the wolves~ this will be a good eye opener for those bow hunters, bear hunter and deer hunters in MN~ Let me know when your ready to talk to the reporter~ We also have a radio announcer that deer hunts with us that would love to do this story when ever your ready~

It was (collar) probably traveling about 65 mph all the way there.

Old Post 09-21-2010 11:10 PM
Kroggy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Kroggy Click here to Send Kroggy a Private Message Find more posts by Kroggy Add Kroggy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MILKYWAY
UKC Forum Member

NA

I THINK IT WOULD BE OPEN SEASON FOR ME IF THIS KEPT GOING ON .

Old Post 09-21-2010 11:16 PM
MILKYWAY is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MILKYWAY Click here to Send MILKYWAY a Private Message Click Here to Email MILKYWAY Find more posts by MILKYWAY Add MILKYWAY to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hsbdh
UKC Forum Member

just so ya in mo know we are getting them here not bad yet vary few sightings most sightings dont make it out the woods one was shot a few miles from us in the winter. it was a young male trying to kill a calf.

Old Post 09-21-2010 11:28 PM
hsbdh is offline Click Here to See the Profile for hsbdh Click here to Send hsbdh a Private Message Click Here to Email hsbdh Find more posts by hsbdh Add hsbdh to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hsbdh
UKC Forum Member

Oh the fight with my dads wolf and the hounds was when no one was home.

Old Post 09-21-2010 11:31 PM
C.Stoppelman
UKC Forum Member

wolfs

sussie...no we dropped him off after the first drop so he wouldn't bark in the box while we was trying to hunt...and I have emailed the state coonhunters president and waiting for a reply back cause ya they always said they saving all that $ for a rainy day when us hound hunters need it for laws and stuff well I think the rainy day fund time has come!!!! and so help me IF the ever put a season on wolfs I want the first tag MN hands out...no matter what the price is I want first crack and I think I have a very good reason why!!!!! and my friend Kila (who's hound was also hurt that night) should get the 2nd tag!...it's time all us houndmens and women come together (and non houndsmen who still feel the wolfs need to be off the list) to join forces and get something done with this problem....before something worse happens!!!

Old Post 09-22-2010 12:05 AM
C.Stoppelman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for C.Stoppelman Click here to Send C.Stoppelman a Private Message Find more posts by C.Stoppelman Add C.Stoppelman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
barryg35
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by RRbluehound
shoot, shovel, shut up
bingo!

Old Post 09-22-2010 12:05 AM
barryg35 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for barryg35 Click here to Send barryg35 a Private Message Click Here to Email barryg35 Find more posts by barryg35 Add barryg35 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Nick Marcyes
UKC Forum Member

Sorry to hear about your dog Chris. Last year when I worked of the MN DNR and the Wolf Center in Ely my boss told me that she believed there would be a season on wolves as soon as a big organization backed a season. People she said that would be good to back a season would be the minnesota deer hunters assosiation. And most wildlife managers in the state will tell you that wolves in minnesota are over 3 times the amount the was goal for the state.

Old Post 09-22-2010 12:45 AM
Nick Marcyes is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Nick Marcyes Click here to Send Nick Marcyes a Private Message Click Here to Email Nick Marcyes Find more posts by Nick Marcyes Add Nick Marcyes to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mnblue
New UKC Forum Member

What worries me is that the DNR wont send a trapper there to try to catch the ones that did the actual attack. Now the guys that live there and hunt their on a weekly basis cant hunt I dont know if that particular wolf or wolves will stay in that area but I wouldnt want to find out I would be worried about cutting a dog loose. Chris sorry again for the lose of pepe.
Brent

Old Post 09-22-2010 12:53 AM
mnblue is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mnblue Click here to Send mnblue a Private Message Click Here to Email mnblue Find more posts by mnblue Add mnblue to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Two Toes
UKC Forum Member

I'm honestly suprised this hasn't happened in a hunt in Wisconsin yet? A lady not to far north has had two or three horses attacked by a mountain lion over the course of a couple months or so yet our DNR say's they can't confirm that thats what it is?!!

Guess it could be a ferral cat ? RETARDS! Some proof among our deer herd & the way of handling CWD that goes'ta show ya how poorly the wildlife & us are thought of as long as they get their funding.

Our governor appointed the former head of the prison system to lead our DNR? Bet he knew a lot from walkin by the cages!

Old Post 09-22-2010 01:38 AM
Two Toes is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Two Toes Click here to Send Two Toes a Private Message Click Here to Email Two Toes Find more posts by Two Toes Add Two Toes to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
wildbill
UKC Forum Member

Re: wolfs

quote:
Originally posted by C.Stoppelman
sussie...no we dropped him off after the first drop so he wouldn't bark in the box while we was trying to hunt...and I have emailed the state coonhunters president and waiting for a reply back cause ya they always said they saving all that $ for a rainy day when us hound hunters need it for laws and stuff well I think the rainy day fund time has come!!!! and so help me IF the ever put a season on wolfs I want the first tag MN hands out...no matter what the price is I want first crack and I think I have a very good reason why!!!!! and my friend Kila (who's hound was also hurt that night) should get the 2nd tag!...it's time all us houndmens and women come together (and non houndsmen who still feel the wolfs need to be off the list) to join forces and get something done with this problem....before something worse happens!!!

i think a class action suit aganist the dnr and the state of mn. or any of the other states allowing the wolfs to run rampent would open some eyes,,, even if the courts dont allow it ,it could be posted in the local papers how they protect the killers and then prosacute a citizen for having a dog that bites another dog/person

if the dnr dont do anything,
myself i think a nationwide call to arms by the coonhunter clubs and deerhunters/trappers accross the states to kill on site any wolf seen should bring the dnr out of their bullship not doing anything about it..

if my dog comes into your yard and kills your dog,,it gets put down by most laws,,

the wolf belongs to who,,let them be accountable for the same law for their animals..

wildbills101@yahoo
http://wildbills101.homestead.com/wildbills101.html

Old Post 09-22-2010 02:49 AM
wildbill is offline Click Here to See the Profile for wildbill Click here to Send wildbill a Private Message Click Here to Email wildbill Visit wildbill's homepage! Find more posts by wildbill Add wildbill to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jim Hill
UKC Forum Member

sad part is ,if my dog was chasing livestock the farmer could kill it

Been following these walker dogs since 1983,and love every min of it !!!!

http://minnesotastatecoonhunters.webs.com/

Use SunSpot Lights, so bright its like the sun came out at night !!!

Old Post 09-22-2010 02:56 AM
Jim Hill is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jim Hill Click here to Send Jim Hill a Private Message Find more posts by Jim Hill Add Jim Hill to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ladycoonhunter
UKC Forum Member

coytote dogs hunt a wolve

yes they will, they can track them just the same as a coyote for the most part BUT you really have to have a good tracking hound last year we killed a part wolf part coyote in indiana while hunting near the river our coyote dogs had been chasing it for a while before my husband got a shot on it

Home of Grand nite champion Shorter Creeks Hanks Joe : 2012 RQE winner 1st place 2012 UKC TOP 100, 2012 UKC B & T days registered 2nd place winner friday.2012 Autumn Oaks high scoring Treeing walker . 2012 Autumn Oaks Nite Champion 1st place scored 1175. 2013 B & T days nite champion wins 5th on friday and 1 st place on Sat. 2013 Autumn Oaks GRAND 16 .2013 Autumn Oaks Final Four .

Nitech Shorter Creek Coon Krazy Kid

RIP Nitech Shorter Creek Crazy Connie
RIP Grandnite Shorter Creek busserow creek Roscoe
RIP Shorter Creek ELLIE MAE.

Old Post 09-22-2010 04:11 AM
ladycoonhunter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ladycoonhunter Click here to Send ladycoonhunter a Private Message Click Here to Email ladycoonhunter Find more posts by ladycoonhunter Add ladycoonhunter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
C.Stoppelman
UKC Forum Member

wolfs

hmmmmm I wonder where I can get some BIG oversized "coyote dogs" cause I hear they have"BIG AND TALL" coyotes up in that area and they need to be thinned out....hmmm looks like better get the ole "coyote" gun sighted in

Old Post 09-22-2010 05:14 AM
C.Stoppelman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for C.Stoppelman Click here to Send C.Stoppelman a Private Message Find more posts by C.Stoppelman Add C.Stoppelman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Two Toes
UKC Forum Member

If you think your gonna run wolves with dogs you best have a huge pack & a large supply of body bags. MOST don't live where you can hop around a lil section & hope to get a crack at them zippin across an open feild.

I know coyotes have crossed with dog's,(coydogs) but not sure bout crossin wolves? Not sayin they couldn't but I know we harvested some huge coydogs in my runnin walker & trigg runnin days.Wolves treat coyotes like coyotes treat red fox.

Would be fun to run'um with dogs though thats for sure!

Old Post 09-22-2010 06:47 AM
Two Toes is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Two Toes Click here to Send Two Toes a Private Message Click Here to Email Two Toes Find more posts by Two Toes Add Two Toes to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rmcmillan
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by josh tetting
This was dave Samuels dog you guys may know him may have seen these pics already.

its a **** shame that these animals our running around eating our deer killing our friends they should be eraticated or in a zoo
whare they belong...

COPIED FROM BIG GAME THREAD, HOUNDS KILLED BY WOLVES. CHECK IT OUT.

Nt.Ch. Gr.Ch. Gr.WCh. Pr. McMillans Blue Crystal
Ntch. GrCh. Pr. McMillans Blue Magic
Gr.Nt.Ch. Pr. McMillans Blue Hawk
Nt. Ch. Pr. McMillans Blue Rage
all are gone now but will NEVER BE FORGOTTEN

CH. PR. MCMILLANS TREE ROCKIN BRANDY
CH. PR. MCMILLANS MIDNITES STINGIN SADIE

Last edited by rmcmillan on 09-28-2010 at 12:38 AM

Old Post 09-22-2010 11:29 AM
rmcmillan is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rmcmillan Click here to Send rmcmillan a Private Message Find more posts by rmcmillan Add rmcmillan to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SjReino
UKC Forum Member

Wolves ...

In Minnesota, the wolf population has far exceeded what the intended population was meant to be. As the wolf population increases, so does their territory. Minnesota's Wolf population is 2nd only to Alaska (in the United States). If you think that the wolves are restricted to northern Minnesota, you are mistaken. They have been seen, heard and confirmed in the Minnesota River Valley south of the Twin City Metro area ... so ... be aware, and pressure your representatives to get some control on their population! .... Food for thought: There is a reason that Wolves were hunted & trapped to near extinction ... and it wasn't for the fur ..............

PR' Rush River Mad Dog Zeke
PR' Rush River Mad Dog Emmy Blue
-Rush River Blue Cindi Lou
-Rush River Reino's Baby

Gone but never forgotten!
GRCH PR' Gruener's Blue Eleanor-Elcie

Old Post 09-22-2010 01:27 PM
SjReino is offline Click Here to See the Profile for SjReino Click here to Send SjReino a Private Message Click Here to Email SjReino Find more posts by SjReino Add SjReino to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
wvhoundsman
UKC Forum Member

i belive i would take on wolf hunting

Old Post 09-22-2010 01:35 PM
wvhoundsman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for wvhoundsman Click here to Send wvhoundsman a Private Message Click Here to Email wvhoundsman Visit wvhoundsman's homepage! Find more posts by wvhoundsman Add wvhoundsman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote