UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Insurance/Liability
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
BigContry
UKC Forum Member

Insurance/Liability

As long as I’ve been into comp hunting, I’ve never been asked about insurance and liability. But last night I got a call asking if our club had liability insurance to cover hunter. They said the land owners where they hunt told them that they can not take a cast on their private unless we had we had insurance to cover them if someone was to get hurt. I never gave this much thought, but does UKC have an insurance policy to cover hunters? Does any other clubs have problems with same issue?

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 12-04-2019 02:36 PM
BigContry is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BigContry Click here to Send BigContry a Private Message Click Here to Email BigContry Find more posts by BigContry Add BigContry to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Lance Laymon
UKC Forum Member

Our club has a million dollar policy which covers accidents and such on our property. However in Indiana there is an agritourism law which protects the landowner from hunters fisherman etc lawsuits liability

Old Post 12-04-2019 03:10 PM
Lance Laymon is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Lance Laymon Click here to Send Lance Laymon a Private Message Find more posts by Lance Laymon Add Lance Laymon to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BigContry
UKC Forum Member

thanks for your reply

Old Post 12-04-2019 06:03 PM
BigContry is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BigContry Click here to Send BigContry a Private Message Click Here to Email BigContry Find more posts by BigContry Add BigContry to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jawscardodger
UKC Forum Member

We have a policy thru the NRA

Old Post 12-04-2019 07:35 PM
jawscardodger is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jawscardodger Click here to Send jawscardodger a Private Message Click Here to Email jawscardodger Find more posts by jawscardodger Add jawscardodger to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
James Garrison
UKC Forum Member

Not all hunters own their own home with insurance but for those that do your home owners insurance policy covers you in and on alot of different situations. Iam with State Farm and my agent assures me if my dog runs a prize bull through a fence Iam covered.

Gr. Nt. Ch. Garrisons Brindle Hobo
Gr. Nt. Ch. Garrisons Brindle Luke
Gr. Nt. Ch. Garrisons Brindle Honey
Nite Ch. Garrisons Brindle Lead Nite Ch. Garrisons Brindle Belle
Nite Champion Garrisons Brindle Buckshot HTX
At Stud Grand Nite Ch. Garrisons Brindle Trax

Old Post 12-05-2019 01:27 PM
James Garrison is offline Click Here to See the Profile for James Garrison Click here to Send James Garrison a Private Message Click Here to Email James Garrison Find more posts by James Garrison Add James Garrison to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote