UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > UKC Free Classifieds > Coonhound Classifieds > Blueticks: Stud Dog and Kennel Promotion > Bogue Chitto Blues
Pages (87): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
steve bankston
UKC Forum Member

Bo and Speck

We have had over 5" of rain since 4am yesterday and its still coming down. Took Speck and Bo last night in a light rain and they got in pretty deep before they struck and moved him good down the swamp and treed on the edge of a pasture on a pin oak that the fence was nailed to. I was able to get out in the field and find him pretty quick. Was going to make another turn out but rain started coming down in buckets and I came on home soaked. Dogs looked real good and Bo is opening more on tougher tracks. When hunted by himself he opens more on track than he does when he's with another hound. We can start taking 1 coon a night starting July 1st and at that time I will single him out and put a few coon down to him.
Got my new female here this week out of Ruger/Lou that David W. owns. She's a good looking little gyp with a big bawl mouth. Haven't hunted her yet but will real soon. My B D gyp didn't make the cut so with new gyp I'm back to 3 hounds again with a little one to be picked up from Danny's at the end of June out of Alice X Gauge. Good Hunting!

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 05-30-2014 01:30 AM
steve bankston is offline Click Here to See the Profile for steve bankston Click here to Send steve bankston a Private Message Click Here to Email steve bankston Find more posts by steve bankston Add steve bankston to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
steeb_63
UKC Forum Member

steve I really enjoy your posts!!! sittin here laid up on a brkn ankle so its nice to see the pics and read bout the hunts!! wish you had a buzzard pup over there with ya
lol

2018 2ND PLACE BREED WINNER PKC
2019 ILLINOIS STATE CHAMPION
2019 AUTUMN OAKS GRAND 16
2019 AUTUMN OAKS NATL GRNITECH OF BREED
2019 ZONE 3 HIGH SCORING DOG
2019 WORLD CH TOP 100
2019 PURINA NATIONALS BREED WINNER.
2019 FALL ROUND UP KING OF THE HUNT.
2019 ERCHA PKC PRO HUNT TOP 4
2020 WINTER CLASSIC SAT. 4TH PLACE CHAMPION DIVISION
2020 WORLD QUALIIFIED
2020 NATIONAL BLUETICK DAYS INVITATIONAL HUNT WINNER
2020 NATIONAL BLUETICK DAYS DOUBLE CAST WINNER 3RD PLACE GRNITECH FRI AND 4TH PLACE GRNITECH SAT
2020 Natl english days high scoring dog overall fri 1rst place grnitech sat 3rd place grnitech.
2021 invitational hunt winner
2021 natl bluetick days 9th place RQE winner
T0C Top 64 winner

ALSO HOME OF
PR Stebers Lil Blue Krayzee[dual grand penny x grnitech krypt]
nitech Stebers Big Ole Slick
NITECH STEBERS MIGHTY LONESOME 3 AKA CASH[7 wins towards grnitech
Stebers Mighty Blue Bell
Stebers 5 Gen
Stebers Pure Country
Stebers Shining Diamond
Stebers Lonesome Sue
Stebers Mighty Blue Patsy
Stebers Ole Blue Betty
Stebers Lil Blue Krayzee II
AND SEVERAL YOUNG ONES IN THE MIX

Last edited by steeb_63 on 05-30-2014 at 02:17 AM

Old Post 05-30-2014 02:14 AM
steeb_63 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for steeb_63 Click here to Send steeb_63 a Private Message Click Here to Email steeb_63 Find more posts by steeb_63 Add steeb_63 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
steve bankston
UKC Forum Member

pups

Thanks Steeb, hope you get back going again soon. Still raining here so no hunting for me tonight either. I wish I could take on one of your pups because they are bred up right and the way you describe your hounds is the style of hound I like. There are several others on here I follow that I wish I had the time to try one of theirs also but a man can get overloaded with hounds quick if he's not careful then cant do any of them justice. Those pups of yours sure look good so don't twist my arm to hard!

Old Post 05-30-2014 02:57 AM
steve bankston is offline Click Here to See the Profile for steve bankston Click here to Send steve bankston a Private Message Click Here to Email steve bankston Find more posts by steve bankston Add steve bankston to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
steeb_63
UKC Forum Member

lol im over loaded now went fr a bit last night but cant walk to far young dogs and no luck 1rst time she was out since feb,ouch

2019 WORLD CH TOP 100
2020 WORLD QUALIIFIED
2020 NATIONAL BLUETICK DAYS DOUBLE CAST WINNER 3RD PLACE GRNITECH FRI AND 4TH PLACE GRNITECH SAT
2020 Natl english days high scoring dog overall fri 1rst place grnitech sat 3rd place grnitech.
T0C Top 64 winner

ALSO HOME OF
Stebers Mighty Blue Bell
Stebers 5 Gen
Stebers Pure Country
Stebers Shining Diamond
Stebers Lonesome Sue
Stebers Ole Blue Betty

Old Post 05-30-2014 01:45 PM
steeb_63 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for steeb_63 Click here to Send steeb_63 a Private Message Click Here to Email steeb_63 Find more posts by steeb_63 Add steeb_63 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
steve bankston
UKC Forum Member

Bo

Took Bo to Black Branch Swamp by himself last night. He has started working and treeing tougher tracks and he will be on his on most nights from now on. Couple nights ago he split from Speck 100' apart and they both had a coon. Last night he blew up in back of Kubota as I was driving thru the swamp before I got to where I was going to cut him loose. I stopped and cut him and he left there screaming for about 300yds. Just as my tri tronics finger started itching there was silence for about 10 seconds then Bam! he slammed that tree harder than my last X did the door when she left. Went in there and got him to look. loaded up and drove on down to where I was going to turn him loose and sent him in. Water is 6" or deeper everywhere in here from last weeks rain. He was gone maybe 10 minutes when he just located and went to treeing. Its been 2 and a half months since he had some fur so I came prepared and was hoping it was one of those slick bark trees he was on like Darren hits every now and then and sure nuff it was! A few seconds after the light hit him he lost his grip and fell right in front of Bo who was sure happy to see him. I hope a year from now yaw reading about him in a magazine cause he's got the makings of a good one. I am posting a couple pictures next of Bo and Mason in the river. Bo will retrieve any stick as far as you can throw it out in the river. Don't get to deep for him. Might make a good duck dog too! Good Hunting!

Old Post 06-06-2014 02:23 PM
steve bankston
UKC Forum Member

BO AND MASON

Old Post 06-06-2014 02:24 PM
steve bankston
UKC Forum Member

BO AND MASON

Old Post 06-06-2014 02:27 PM
Darren Hollis
UKC Forum Member

BO

Steve sounds like Bo is on his way for sure. Nothing fires me up like hearing a young dog hit the wood and light it up. Those ole slick bark trees will get them every time!!!

Stay on him Steve!!
Darren

HOME OF:
GrChGrNtCh PR Southern Blue S&H’s Goose (Sparks&Hollis)
GrChGrNtCh PR Southern Blue Hardwood Cotton
GrNtCh PR Mose's Pink Floyd ( Co-Owned with Scott V)
Ch GrNtCh PR Frost Hollow Strap
ChNtCh PR Southern Blue Hardwood Dolly
ChGrNtCh PR Southern Blue Spanky ( Hollis & Hollis)
PR Southern Blue Cobb (NtChCh Uchtmans Andy x Ratliffs Blue Tell)
PR Southern Blue Betsy (Goose x Dual Grand Cotton)
(REST IN PEACE)
GrNtChGrCh PR Southern Blue Moonshine
GrNtChGrCh PR Southern Blue Frostbite
NtChGrCh PR Southern Blue Queen
NtChGrCh PR Blue Eyes Blue Jessie
NtCh PR Southern Frost Hollow Blue Bell(BB)
NtCh PR Southern Blue Hammer
NtCh PR Hollis' Southern Blue Maggie
NtCh PR Hollis' Bull Mtn. Pearl
GrCh PR Southern Blue Jet
PR Southern Blue Sam
PR Southern Blue Rattler
GrChGrNtCh PR Lovell’s Smokey River Blue Ann

Old Post 06-06-2014 02:29 PM
Darren Hollis is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Darren Hollis Click here to Send Darren Hollis a Private Message Click Here to Email Darren Hollis Find more posts by Darren Hollis Add Darren Hollis to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Kenny357
UKC Forum Member

Bo

Steve, Sounds like you and Mason are having a good time with Bo. Keep up the hard work. I like reading your hunts and the progress you are making to make a Bo a good hound. He definitely has the looks, the mouth, and the blood. I can attest that Jody did good with his daddy and momma as both are coon dogs.

Last edited by Kenny357 on 06-06-2014 at 03:15 PM

Old Post 06-06-2014 02:48 PM
Kenny357 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Kenny357 Click here to Send Kenny357 a Private Message Click Here to Email Kenny357 Find more posts by Kenny357 Add Kenny357 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
steve bankston
UKC Forum Member

BO

Thanks Guys! I really like him. Right now I wouldn't change one thing about him and I have never said that about any hound I ever owned.

Old Post 06-06-2014 11:52 PM
steve bankston
UKC Forum Member

SPECK AND BOO BOO

Mr. B. H. came over for a hunt last night with his young hound Boo Boo that is a older brother to Bo. I just took Speck. First track they worked on for about 30 minutes and Speck got treed as Boo Boo trailed on. Went in and looked at that one and was leading Speck away from tree and Boo Boo came in to us. We took Kubota deeper into swamp and recut them. They got a good track rolling and he took them into the bad stuff, 5 year old scattered pines and scrub oak mixed with thick briars and privet hedge. Gotta love it is all I can say as by the time I got them rounded up it was about midnight and I was tore up from going in there to get them. Overall a good hunt and Boo Boo split treed once on a leaner that went into a big beech but couldn't find him. He's coming along nice for the limited hunting this dog has had. Believe he will make it if Mr. B. H. keeps him in the woods. Good Hunting!

Old Post 06-08-2014 02:27 PM
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

Bad Stuff

Steve, the coons sure like to get into the cut overs, briars and thickets this time of year don't they. I guess they go in there to eat black berries and stuff, but they soon learn that they can give a dog a lot of trouble in there, and with all this heat its rough on them. seems like ole Bo and Speck are coming along good. What about your new female from Dave have you started her yet. I love to start pups especially the ones with a lot of natural ability. They don,t always have to have it to make a top hound ,but it sure helps. Right now I,m waiting on my pup out of Rebel and Sally to get a little more age on it. Should be a good one. Time will tell. Good Hunting--Jack

Old Post 06-09-2014 11:11 PM
Misty river is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Misty river Click here to Send Misty river a Private Message Click Here to Email Misty river Find more posts by Misty river Add Misty river to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
steve bankston
UKC Forum Member

Hot Weather

Mr. Jack, yes it has got hot in these swamps and briar thickets and it is tough on the hounds. I try to stay within a couple hundred yards of them so when they tree I can get on in there and take a quick look at the tree then get them off and to a creek or slough to cool off if I can. Cant always stay that close but I try. Its worse on some dogs than others. I have took the new gyp Bell a couple times but nothing to talk about yet. She went good with the pack first night but 2nd night she went the other way out to about 250yds and slowly made her way back in. I'm working with her and swim all of them in the river every evening. She's a high strung gyp with a ton of energy so I'm just taking the edge off a little with the swimming. They pay attention better when their a little tired. Once we get to know each other a little more then we can get down to the business of treeing all those mean coons I got around here! Take care and Good Hunting!

Old Post 06-11-2014 12:43 AM
steve bankston
UKC Forum Member

WORK

When I pulled up at work this morning at 5am 2 coons ran off into the swamp. Was wishing I had one of my young hounds to cut loose on them. But we are in Morgan City La. swamps where the water is deeper and its as many alligators as snakes. I will stick to my Mississippi swamps and thickets. I left the house at 2am as we have this concrete test pile to drive today. Its 105' x 24" and weighs over 60,000 pounds. Should be done by lunch and I will get in the road to the house and get a nap before I cut them loose again tonight. Good Hunting!

Old Post 06-11-2014 02:30 PM
steve bankston
UKC Forum Member

Young Hounds

Took Bo and Bell last night for a round on the slough here by the house. Cut them down it and when they got to where it forked Bell went left and Bo right. She was at 192yds and struck a hot track and I looked at Bo on map and he was at 245yds and started to her. He got there and they rolled him good for about 5 minutes then hit the beaver pond and hushed for a minute. Bell came back my way trying to find where he went when Bo located and went to treeing. Trying to get across pond with Bell on leash we both got to swim when we hit a deep spot. He was on a leaning maple that went into a big water oak. Thought I saw an eye one time but couldn't get him to look again. Could have been a lighting bug but Bo promised me he was there! Just have to trust him on that one. I liked the way Bell did tonight. Went the direction I pointed her but when she came to the fork went her on way. Also liked that Bo, without hitting a track yet, went to her and got involved and put a tree on end of it. I love an independent hound that splits and holds the pressure but at same time if I have just cut them and their within a 100' or so of each other and one strikes a track I like to see the other hound put his 2 cents worth in on that track if he hasn't struck yet. Will hit it again tonight for a few turnouts. Don't have to work tomorrow so don't have to get up quite so early. Good Hunting!

Old Post 06-12-2014 09:10 PM
Scot Crandall
UKC Forum Member

Bell

Sounds like your having fun down there Steve, I hope she continues to do well for you.

Old Post 06-13-2014 03:43 AM
Scot Crandall is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Scot Crandall Click here to Send Scot Crandall a Private Message Find more posts by Scot Crandall Add Scot Crandall to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
steve bankston
UKC Forum Member

Bell

Thanks Scot. I like her and as she gets familiar with everything down here I believe she will progress just fine. She has relaxed a lot in the last week. Been swimming her a lot and riding her in Kubota all over. Now when I start the 4-wheeler or Kubota she's the first one to bawl out wanting to go. Cant wait until her and Bo hit a tree together, going to be something to hear! He has competition in the volume department from her, she's loud. Take care.

Old Post 06-13-2014 10:37 AM
steve bankston
UKC Forum Member

Bo

Bo checking out the new riding platform I put on my 650 Artic Cat today. Going to be hunting him a lot by himself the next few months and with the rain we keep getting this 4-wheeler will go a lot of places I wouldn't even try with the Kubota. Good Hunting!

Old Post 06-15-2014 01:05 AM
steve bankston
UKC Forum Member

Bo

Been hunting Bo by himself this past week and he made 4 trees and I looked at 3 of them. He's hunting out to between 3 and 4 hundred yards. Would like to see him getting deeper as some times he's not striking one in that range. I know he will be going deeper the more he is hunted alone and put a few coon on him. I acquired another 600 acres to hunt that is a deer hunting lease about 3 miles up river from the house. They said they wanted the coon shot and I can only hunt in there when deer or turkey season is not going on. Nice cypress and oak bottom along the river with lots of sloughs and a big beaver pond but also away from the river is young, thick planted pine and briar thickets. Glad to get in though and as soon as training season opens on July 1st Bo and I are going to get to know our way around in there and put some fur in his mouth. Will miss next week hunting as we are leaving out first of week and heading to Sparta Kentucky for Nascar races. Taking our Grandson Mason with us. He has been to Talladega with us and this year will make Kentucky and Miami. His favorite driver is same as Paw Paw's, Jimmie Johnson. He said last year that he liked Jimmie Johnson more than Santa Clause! Hoping Jimmie wins while we are there so he can watch him burn it down at the end. He loves the smoke from the winners burnout! Good Hunting!

Old Post 06-21-2014 11:36 AM
steve bankston
UKC Forum Member

RACING!

Mason with Paw Paw and his brother Jackson and my nephew Chase at Talladega spring of 2013 watching Jimmie practice. Looking at this picture from a year ago compared to the ones I've took lately makes me realize just how fast these kids grow. Time flies and stands still for no one. Enjoy every second.

Old Post 06-21-2014 11:54 AM
Kenny357
UKC Forum Member

Littermate to Bo

Steve, good to see you're enjoying life with your Grandson. I thought I'd share a video of a littermate to Bo with you. He hasn't been hunting but a few times, just running loose, but shows desirable traits, and seems smart.

Old Post 06-26-2014 03:22 PM
Kenny357 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Kenny357 Click here to Send Kenny357 a Private Message Click Here to Email Kenny357 Find more posts by Kenny357 Add Kenny357 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
steve bankston
UKC Forum Member

LITTERMATES

Kenny, that's a good looking and sounding young hound. Bocephus has really produced some fine ones already and out of several different females. The things that stand out to me that he is putting in all of them are, Loud Mouths, Looks, and Brains. If someone is looking for a pup they cant go wrong with getting one out of Bocephus X Sally when you make that cross again. Thanks for sharing video. Starting July 1st we can put one a night out to the hounds and I'm going to put a few on Bo. Its hot but short quality hunting 4 or 5 nights a week by himself with fur in the mouth as reward for a job well done should put him where he needs to be come this fall. Take care.

Old Post 06-27-2014 11:37 AM
steve bankston
UKC Forum Member

RACING

Hunting is on hold this week as we are in the hills of Kentucky near the Ohio line watching Nascar roar around the track. We arrived first this morning in the parking lot of Kentucky Speedway and it sure made for a long day as my next picture will show. Hope you all are having some Good Hunting. I will be back after them next week.

Old Post 06-27-2014 11:42 AM
steve bankston
UKC Forum Member

RACING IS HARD ON A MAN!

That boy is tired! Arriving so early with so much to see and do took its toll on my little buddy Mason. Our seats each year are all way at top of turn one so we luckily had this room behind us to lay him down on his Jimmie Johnson pillow after he fell asleep in Paw Paw's arms. He is a trooper and never cries or complains. Kyle Bush won the truck race last night. Headed back for another fun filled day!

Old Post 06-27-2014 11:52 AM
steeb_63
UKC Forum Member

wish bocephus wasn't so far from me id breed ole dual grand penny to him

2019 WORLD CH TOP 100
2020 WORLD QUALIIFIED
T0C Top 64 winner

ALSO HOME OF
Stebers Mighty Blue Bell
Stebers 5 Gen
Stebers Pure Country
Stebers Shining Diamond
Stebers Lonesome Sue
Stebers Ole Blue Betty

Old Post 06-29-2014 09:03 PM