UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > PM inbox
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Larry Payne
UKC Forum Member

PM inbox

I can't recieve PM, the forum team sent email saying I need to clear messages but when I go to my box there aren't any in it to clear
Need help please

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 09-27-2019 01:03 AM
Larry Payne is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Larry Payne Click here to Send Larry Payne a Private Message Find more posts by Larry Payne Add Larry Payne to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Robert Welch
UKC Forum Member

Other Boxes

You need to clear out the Sent Messages and Message Tracking boxes also.

Old Post 09-27-2019 08:32 AM
Robert Welch is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Robert Welch Click here to Send Robert Welch a Private Message Visit Robert Welch's homepage! Find more posts by Robert Welch Add Robert Welch to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Corey Gruver
UKC Forum Member

Larry

Much like your inbox, your outbox must be cleared out periodically to ensure you are able to send/receive messages.

Switch the toggle from "Inbox" to "Sent Items" and click on the little box at the top right to select all messages. Then delete all of your sent messages.

This should get you going again. Let me know if you might need any further assistance.

Last edited by Corey Gruver on 09-27-2019 at 01:58 PM

Old Post 09-27-2019 01:52 PM
Corey Gruver is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Corey Gruver Click here to Send Corey Gruver a Private Message Find more posts by Corey Gruver Add Corey Gruver to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Larry Payne
UKC Forum Member

Well went to PM again toggle to all sent, in, tracking there are no messages showing in any boxes
I hit delete it then says no boxes checked
There's nothing to check
This forum needs some upgrades

Old Post 09-27-2019 06:15 PM
Larry Payne is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Larry Payne Click here to Send Larry Payne a Private Message Find more posts by Larry Payne Add Larry Payne to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Corey Gruver
UKC Forum Member

Larry

Do you have multiple email addresses? Or have you recently changed email addresses?

Sometimes that can effect your ability to send messages through the forums and PM features specific to the forum.

Example: If you have held a handle on the forums for ten years, and after 8 years you changed email address, the old email address becomes invalid after time, and the forums still has you registered under the old email address.

Simply editing your profile to reflect the "new" email address can solve those problems as well.

Old Post 09-27-2019 06:39 PM
Corey Gruver is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Corey Gruver Click here to Send Corey Gruver a Private Message Find more posts by Corey Gruver Add Corey Gruver to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Larry Payne
UKC Forum Member

Nothing has changed same email as always

Old Post 09-28-2019 04:09 PM
Pat Bizich
Banned

Here is the problem.
After a couple years messages will just disappear.
They are still there but they don't show because the boxes only go back a couple years.
When it opens on the bottom left below all the page options it will show how many messages are actually in your boxes. It will show a total like 0 unread and 55 total in your messages folders . (Just a number I made up) If there is a total there but do not see them . Do this next.
Go to your user cp , Click your private messages.

you will see this url in the address page box at top of page...…

forums.ukcdogs.com/private.php?s=

Clear it … copy and paste the following url

forums.ukcdogs.com/private.php?s=&folderid=0&daysprune=9999

Click on it just as you would when web searching.

Your inbox will reopen and all your invisible messages should now be visible

Gone but never forgotten:
NtChGrCh Dryfork Punkin
NtChGrCh Dryfork Little Blue Baby Doll
2009 Pa Show Dog Of The Year
GrCh Dryfork Little Black Book
Gr.Ch. Make My Day Sunny
Gone too soon RIP my baby girl
Gr.Ch. Black Dog Black Cherry
GrCh Dryfork Black Dog Raine
One of kind and would make a believer out of you when you thought there were no coon left
Home of:
2009,2013,2018 Pa. State
Show Handler Of The Year
CH. Power Pack Pepper
2018 Pa. Show Dog Of Year
Gr.Ch. Batman's Poison Ivy
2011&2013 WTDA Pa State Champion
2011&2013 Overall Hunt For The Cure
Ch. Jay's Greenridge Heidi
In memory of my best friend "Jay"

Last edited by Pat Bizich on 09-29-2019 at 11:43 PM

Old Post 09-29-2019 11:21 PM
Pat Bizich is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Pat Bizich Click here to Send Pat Bizich a Private Message Find more posts by Pat Bizich Add Pat Bizich to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Larry Payne
UKC Forum Member

Followed your steps does show 83 messages but after following you instructions still not letting me clear them even with copy and pasting the different heading
Thinking of just opening another acct
Hell I'm **** tired of fooling with it
Thanks

Old Post 09-30-2019 01:53 AM
Pat Bizich
Banned

I hear you . I 'm trying .
Heck ,I had a couple show up on mine tonight that I had forgot about that went hidden.
It should have worked . What the new heading does is fool the page to go back 9999 days.
Once you did the copy and paste all the 83 messages should have showed up in each of your boxes .
Did you check your sent and tracking boxes after you did the copy and paste url ?

Also on the top left of page when you are in your in box
third line down is a message option box . Have it to show messages from the beginning and hit go .It will automatically take you back 1000 days.
Every time you come back you need to redo the url with 9999 until you clear those hid messages because it reverts back to the 1000 days by default if you did the show messages from the beginning .

Still not getting them
Send a pm or e-mail to Mike the web master.
mberkey@ukcdogs.com

Make sure you tell him your email if you PM I guess because he sure can"t Pm you back.
Just type in Mike on the recipient .
Maybe he can figure it out .

NtChGrCh Dryfork Punkin
Gr.Ch. Make My Day Sunny
One of kind and would make a believer out of you when you thought there were no coon left
Home of:
2009,2013,2018 Pa. State
Show Handler Of The Year
CH. Power Pack Pepper

Last edited by Pat Bizich on 09-30-2019 at 03:41 AM

Old Post 09-30-2019 02:34 AM
Pat Bizich is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Pat Bizich Click here to Send Pat Bizich a Private Message Find more posts by Pat Bizich Add Pat Bizich to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Larry Payne
UKC Forum Member

Hey Brother final got on my big computer at house everything worked just like you said
everything is cleared now
PM box should be accepting messages thanks so much

Old Post 09-30-2019 09:31 PM
Pat Bizich
Banned

👍

NtChGrCh Dryfork Punkin
Gr.Ch. Make My Day Sunny
Home of:
2009,2013,2018 Pa. State
Show Handler Of The Year
CH. Power Pack Pepper

Old Post 09-30-2019 11:43 PM