UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Light opinions please.
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Dustys60
UKC Forum Member

Light opinions please.

Looking at new lights. I have a old blazer light that I’m ready to upgrade. I’m looking at feedback mainly between the boss patriot, sunspot rage and bright eyes fusion. I read that the boss has a more yellow tint to it that helps from washing out the color. Does either the sunspot or bright eyes have this. That is what I hate the most about my blazer is it is so white of a light that I look over the coon because it blends in with the tree. Thanks in advance

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 09-20-2019 06:18 PM
Dustys60 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dustys60 Click here to Send Dustys60 a Private Message Click Here to Email Dustys60 Find more posts by Dustys60 Add Dustys60 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Josh Michaelis
UKC Forum Member

Re: Light opinions please.

Dakota Vertex

Old Post 09-20-2019 06:57 PM
Josh Michaelis is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Josh Michaelis Click here to Send Josh Michaelis a Private Message Click Here to Email Josh Michaelis Find more posts by Josh Michaelis Add Josh Michaelis to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Preacher Tom
UKC Forum Member

I have the Sunspot Inferno and like it very much. Easier to distinguish the coon from branches etc. than my previous light. Bright and long burn time. Also lifetime warranty. My understanding is the Rage is a step up from mine but I can't imagine how it can really be any better.

Old Post 09-20-2019 07:13 PM
Preacher Tom is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Preacher Tom Click here to Send Preacher Tom a Private Message Click Here to Email Preacher Tom Find more posts by Preacher Tom Add Preacher Tom to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
harleydan1956
UKC Forum Member

Brighteyes Gold Fever

Canton, ohio
330-904-3392

Home of:
Gr Ch. Nite Ch. PR. Lethal Blue Moonlight Serenade... Gr. Ch. Nite Ch PR Hillbillys Smokey River Dutch HTX X Gr. Ch. Nite CH. PR Lethal Blue Izabell Sitara
Ch. PR. Lethal Blue Lil Bit of Respect.... Ch. Nite Ch PR Shivers' Magic Lead X GR. Ch. Nite Ch PR Lethal Blue Betty Jane
PR. Lethal Blue Tayen Grace..... Nite Ch. Pr Coffins creek running J.R. X Gr Ch Nite Ch PR Lethal Blue Moonlite Serenade.

Gone but never forgotten
Gr. Ch. Nite Ch. PR. Lethal Blue Izabell Sitara... Dual Gr. Ch PR Bowens Blue Deuce X Ch. Nite Ch. PR Becky.

Gr Ch Nite Ch. PR. Lethal Blue Betty Jane...... PR. Crites Soggy Bottom Blue Banjo X PR. Mosquito Creek Tree mamma Sis

Gr Ch. Nite Ch. PR. Lethal Blue Rattlin Samantha ... Dual Gr Ch PR Mid Ohio Rattlin Sam X Gr Ch PR. Lethal Blue Jet's Xena

Gr. Ch. Nite Ch Hillbilly's Smokey River Blue Dutch HTX..... Gr. Ch. Gr. Nite Ch Pr. Smokey River Tramp's Blue Lake and Pr. Misty River Blue Doll III.
(Dutch wasn't ours, but he was here and like one of the family)

Pr. Dan's little Porter.... my last beagle...

Old Post 09-20-2019 10:44 PM
harleydan1956 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for harleydan1956 Click here to Send harleydan1956 a Private Message Click Here to Email harleydan1956 Find more posts by harleydan1956 Add harleydan1956 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dustys60
UKC Forum Member

Btt

Old Post 09-22-2019 04:38 AM
Dustys60 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dustys60 Click here to Send Dustys60 a Private Message Click Here to Email Dustys60 Find more posts by Dustys60 Add Dustys60 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Travis O.
UKC Forum Member

Sent you a pm

NT CH CROOKED RIVER TWO TONE ZEB
NT CH OLIPHANTS DBL BARREL SHOTGUN
GR NT CH CROOKED RIVER RED TURKEY HTX
NT Ch CROOKED RIVER RED SASSY HTX
CROOKED RIVER REDTICK ROWDY

Old Post 09-22-2019 01:16 PM
Travis O. is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Travis O. Click here to Send Travis O. a Private Message Click Here to Email Travis O. Find more posts by Travis O. Add Travis O. to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by Preacher Tom
I have the Sunspot Inferno and like it very much. Easier to distinguish the coon from branches etc. than my previous light. Bright and long burn time. Also lifetime warranty. My understanding is the Rage is a step up from mine but I can't imagine how it can really be any better.

I got the same light I love it but it might just be my eyes the walking light could be just a little brighter or maybe a tighter beam.

Tar

Old Post 09-22-2019 01:21 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sleepy head
UKC Forum Member

The Rage is the only light I've bought that I wasn't wanting more

Old Post 09-22-2019 01:23 PM
sleepy head is offline Click Here to See the Profile for sleepy head Click here to Send sleepy head a Private Message Find more posts by sleepy head Add sleepy head to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rkt1981
UKC Forum Member

I have the rage. I love it the walk light is really bright.
Love the red and amber also. Really light weight

Old Post 09-22-2019 02:00 PM
rkt1981 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rkt1981 Click here to Send rkt1981 a Private Message Find more posts by rkt1981 Add rkt1981 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Travis O.
UKC Forum Member

You can't go wrong with any boss light. The workmanship is top notch and there's no better customer service than Conkeys.

Old Post 09-22-2019 02:17 PM
Travis O. is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Travis O. Click here to Send Travis O. a Private Message Click Here to Email Travis O. Find more posts by Travis O. Add Travis O. to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
John B.Dalton
UKC Forum Member

The rage by sunspot and sold by Valley creek with a lifetime warranty....Coonhunter owned and operated!!

Old Post 09-22-2019 02:28 PM
John B.Dalton is offline Click Here to See the Profile for John B.Dalton Click here to Send John B.Dalton a Private Message Visit John B.Dalton's homepage! Find more posts by John B.Dalton Add John B.Dalton to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Preacher Tom
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by yadkintar
I got the same light I love it but it might just be my eyes the walking light could be just a little brighter or maybe a tighter beam.

Tar

Tar I do run my walk light on 2nd position part of the time buy I use it on low at least 50% of the time. Of course I'm only 70 so maybe my eyes are better, lol.

Old Post 09-22-2019 07:23 PM
Preacher Tom is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Preacher Tom Click here to Send Preacher Tom a Private Message Click Here to Email Preacher Tom Find more posts by Preacher Tom Add Preacher Tom to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Preacher Tom
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by yadkintar

Tar

Tar I do run my walk light on 2nd position part of the time buy I use it on low at least 50% of the time. Of course I'm only 70 so maybe my eyes are better, lol.

Old Post 09-22-2019 07:23 PM
Dustys60
UKC Forum Member

So I think I have it narrowed down between a boss patriot or a rage from sunspot. I like the lifetime warranty from sunspot and has had some good comments on here. My dad has a old boss that is about 6 years old and has been a good light. The patriot appears to be a lot more compact on the headlamp than the rage. Has anyone been around both lights to confirm this or the pictures just deceiving that look.

Old Post 09-25-2019 02:46 AM
Travis O.
UKC Forum Member

I just bought the patriot and couldn't be more pleased. Build quality is as good as it gets, it's very bright, and the switch being on the head is very nice. Conkeys had it to be in 2 days time.

Old Post 09-25-2019 02:50 AM
jkidd1
UKC Forum Member

I've got the rage now and love it, I've got 3 lights all different models of sunspot lights, very pleased will all of them.

JEREMY KIDD
765-520-1552

*females*
GRNITECH' JR'S JANEY
(Xjr X Insane Jane)

GRNITECH ST. JOHN'S STYLISH REX
(Ol south stylish Rebel X Janey)

GRNITECH' AFTER DARK'S JAN-IT
(Sweat It X Janey)

DUAL GRNITE' LONETREE LEGEND (R.I.P.)
(Noct. Style X Southern Sky)

GRNITECH' STYLISH LITTLE PEG(R.I.P.)
(Trackman X Browns Little Peg)

GRNITECH 'PR' JANEY'S GOTTA GUN
(Wild Card X Jr's Janey)

NITECH ‘PR’ REBELS STYLISH MOJA
(Ol Souths Stylish Rebel X Janey)

AFTER DARK’S PURDY PENNY
(Big $$ X Janit)

NITECH' SEVEN MILE SLOOPY(R.I.P.)
(Skipper x Big time Trixie)

Proud UNION JOURNEYMAN LINEMAN
https://i.postimg.cc/654pWfzm/IMG-1920.png
I.B.E.W. LOCAL 1393

Old Post 09-25-2019 03:12 AM
jkidd1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jkidd1 Click here to Send jkidd1 a Private Message Click Here to Email jkidd1 Find more posts by jkidd1 Add jkidd1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Stephen Patton
UKC Forum Member

Look at the Extreme Pro Magnum they are the best lights hands down! Lifetime warranty and has the BEDT walking light! Extreme Pro Outdoors Kevin Sartan is the owner!

Old Post 09-25-2019 05:35 AM
Stephen Patton is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Stephen Patton Click here to Send Stephen Patton a Private Message Click Here to Email Stephen Patton Find more posts by Stephen Patton Add Stephen Patton to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Tim Lewis
UKC Forum Member

I really like my Moonshiner Lights. Great customer service as well.

Old Post 09-30-2019 11:04 PM
Tim Lewis is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Tim Lewis Click here to Send Tim Lewis a Private Message Find more posts by Tim Lewis Add Tim Lewis to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote