UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Curs and Feists > Mountain Cur Preservation Society
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
orchidhunter
Banned

Mountain Cur Preservation Society

Mountain Cur Preservation Society, not much going on as of yet, but big things down the road. Me and FDM has got this new Society going to keep the Mtn. Cur breed from going extinct. We are a small group, just me and the famous dog man. I will let you bubbas know in the near future how you to can help me and fdm in our good work.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 12-03-2011 09:00 PM
orchidhunter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for orchidhunter Find more posts by orchidhunter Add orchidhunter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
coondogedog
UKC Forum Member

I'm ahead of you. All I use is old time Mtn. Curs. Mine mostly go back to Tenn. Blackie etc. Let me know.

Old Post 12-03-2011 11:59 PM
coondogedog is offline Click Here to See the Profile for coondogedog Click here to Send coondogedog a Private Message Click Here to Email coondogedog Find more posts by coondogedog Add coondogedog to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
daggum
UKC Forum Member

Re: Mountain Cur Preservation Society

quote:
Originally posted by orchidhunter
Mountain Cur Preservation Society, not much going on as of yet, but big things down the road. Me and FDM has got this new Society going to keep the Mtn. Cur breed from going extinct. We are a small group, just me and the famous dog man. I will let you bubbas know in the near future how you to can help me and fdm in our good work.

That's funny stuff right there.

Old Post 12-04-2011 05:44 AM
daggum is offline Click Here to See the Profile for daggum Click here to Send daggum a Private Message Click Here to Email daggum Find more posts by daggum Add daggum to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
coondogedog
UKC Forum Member

Re: Re: Mountain Cur Preservation Society

quote:
Originally posted by daggum
That's funny stuff right there.

O, Ye of little faith. lololol

Old Post 12-04-2011 10:34 PM
coondogedog is offline Click Here to See the Profile for coondogedog Click here to Send coondogedog a Private Message Click Here to Email coondogedog Find more posts by coondogedog Add coondogedog to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Oakhill
UKC Forum Member

Frank, aren't you both the same guy?

Old Post 12-05-2011 01:49 AM
Oakhill is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Oakhill Click here to Send Oakhill a Private Message Click Here to Email Oakhill Find more posts by Oakhill Add Oakhill to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
coondogedog
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Oakhill
Frank, aren't you both the same guy?

Tattle tale.

Old Post 12-05-2011 01:28 PM
moodyhound
UKC Forum Member

I was getting ready to join, but then I realized I had read it wrong. It's not the Mountain Cur PREVENTION Society. Sorry about that. LOL

KENTUCKY TREE DOGS

You can't beat stupid out of a dog.

Old Post 12-05-2011 01:49 PM
moodyhound is offline Click Here to See the Profile for moodyhound Click here to Send moodyhound a Private Message Click Here to Email moodyhound Find more posts by moodyhound Add moodyhound to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
orchidhunter
Banned

Oakhill, no we are not the same guy, but we think alot alike. FDM is not of much help around the Preservation Society, He's got folks comeing from all over to his place for him to touch their dogs. He charges a small fee for this, and offers to pose with your dog for a pic, for another small fee. Folks say after they leave his place it's like they got a new dog, slick trees and other bad things are gone. I told him he ought to start going to some of the hunts and share his gift with the world.

Old Post 12-05-2011 05:51 PM
orchidhunter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for orchidhunter Find more posts by orchidhunter Add orchidhunter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
d.bobo
New UKC Forum Member

FDM must be one of them preachers that touch peoples head and make them speak in tounge.Has he got snakes to

Old Post 12-06-2011 02:21 AM
d.bobo is offline Click Here to See the Profile for d.bobo Click here to Send d.bobo a Private Message Find more posts by d.bobo Add d.bobo to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Reuben
UKC Forum Member

quote:

I agree...but one problem I see is too much variation in the mtn cur breed. frustrating when looking for a good line of mtn curs for hog dogs...

we see feist looking mtn curs that are squirrel dogs and coon dogs and then we have short range dogs and long range dogs...

for hogs I like a mtn cur that is silent to semi silent and willing to go for hours on a hog until the hog is stopped...I like females to be about 45 pounds and males about 50-60 pounds with plenty of leg under them...and enough grit to stop a hog....

it is like we need 3 different catagories within the breed so that people in the market for a mtn cur can look in the right catagory to purchase a pup...I would be happy to give input and help in that "BIG GAME CATAGORY"....

either way I think it is a good idea.

Old Post 12-06-2011 06:19 AM
Reuben is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Reuben Click here to Send Reuben a Private Message Click Here to Email Reuben Find more posts by Reuben Add Reuben to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
coondogedog
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Reuben
I agree...but one problem I see is too much variation in the mtn cur breed. frustrating when looking for a good line of mtn curs for hog dogs...

we see feist looking mtn curs that are squirrel dogs and coon dogs and then we have short range dogs and long range dogs...

for hogs I like a mtn cur that is silent to semi silent and willing to go for hours on a hog until the hog is stopped...I like females to be about 45 pounds and males about 50-60 pounds with plenty of leg under them...and enough grit to stop a hog....

it is like we need 3 different catagories within the breed so that people in the market for a mtn cur can look in the right catagory to purchase a pup...I would be happy to give input and help in that "BIG GAME CATAGORY"....

either way I think it is a good idea.

What you're describing is the True Old Time Mtn. Cur. If you're looking for such a dog you might contact Townsend Dunlavy or Dave Glazebrook, just to name two.

Old Post 12-06-2011 04:30 PM
nccatfisher
UKC Forum Member

Re: Re: Re: Mountain Cur Preservation Society

quote:
Originally posted by coondogedog
What you're describing is the True Old Time Mtn. Cur. If you're looking for such a dog you might contact Townsend Dunlavy or Dave Glazebrook, just to name two.

Yep, and as long as you aren't buying something from them they will be about as receptive as the rest of your KSBA buddys were at your last hunt. Remember, more people showed up with dogs on chains than they did to hunt?

I thought you learned you lesson then, should have known better.

https://sites.google.com/site/riverroadkennel/

Old Post 12-06-2011 09:54 PM
nccatfisher is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nccatfisher Click here to Send nccatfisher a Private Message Click Here to Email nccatfisher Visit nccatfisher's homepage! Find more posts by nccatfisher Add nccatfisher to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
treedogman
New UKC Forum Member

quote:
Extinct? I don't see the Mountain Cur going extinct any time soon. Is this a joke? It sure sounds like one or a money making racket. Is'nt that the reason why the OMCBA was formed, to keep the Mountain Cur from going extinct?

Old Post 12-07-2011 01:27 AM
treedogman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for treedogman Click here to Send treedogman a Private Message Click Here to Email treedogman Find more posts by treedogman Add treedogman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
orchidhunter
Banned

"Is'nt that the reason why the OMCBA was formed, to keep the Mountain Cur from going extinct? yes, but they are not doing a good job of it. It's about to the point that the OMCBA dogs are nothing more than big feist. But truth be known, it's this comp hunting that has done most harm to a once versatile breed of dogs. Me and fdm are here to tell you they are going fast, and now is the time for all good men to come to the aid of the Mtn. Cur.

Old Post 12-07-2011 03:21 AM
amazingcursouth
UKC Forum Member

im not a mt cur hunter but i don't see it going away. OMCBA UMCA, etc. You got your foundation mt cur, stephens, kemmer and other breed organizations out there too. this thread is useless. yes i have noticed SOME OMC are smaller, but i have seen some hosses too. Just like my treeing curs. I raised some that have went 35 lbs and some 50 lbs. but the last thing that is needed is another organization lol.

Mossy Pond Modacious (MO)
Mossy Pond Amazing Gracie

Old Post 12-07-2011 03:31 AM
amazingcursouth is offline Click Here to See the Profile for amazingcursouth Click here to Send amazingcursouth a Private Message Find more posts by amazingcursouth Add amazingcursouth to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nccatfisher
UKC Forum Member

quote:
"Is'nt that the reason why the OMCBA was formed, to keep the Mountain Cur from going extinct? yes, but they are not doing a good job of it. It's about to the point that the OMCBA dogs are nothing more than big feist. But truth be known, it's this comp hunting that has done most harm to a once versatile breed of dogs. Me and fdm are here to tell you they are going fast, and now is the time for all good men to come to the aid of the Mtn. Cur.
These look like feist to you? They are OMCBA registered. There isn't another registry needed, they have foundation stock registry, traditional mtn cur registry and gosh knows what other splinter registries out there. All is needed is people to breed with integrity.
6 mos old pup

16 mos old

11 mos old

Old Post 12-07-2011 03:55 AM
nccatfisher is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nccatfisher Click here to Send nccatfisher a Private Message Click Here to Email nccatfisher Visit nccatfisher's homepage! Find more posts by nccatfisher Add nccatfisher to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
moodyhound
UKC Forum Member

That black dog is sure a good looking one.

KENTUCKY TREE DOGS

You can't beat stupid out of a dog.

Old Post 12-07-2011 01:25 PM
moodyhound is offline Click Here to See the Profile for moodyhound Click here to Send moodyhound a Private Message Click Here to Email moodyhound Find more posts by moodyhound Add moodyhound to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
orchidhunter
Banned

Old Post 12-07-2011 01:50 PM
nccatfisher
UKC Forum Member

Big deal, I have dogs that their ped looks similar to that on both sides. Some that is Huntsman top and bottom, there is plenty of that in the OMCBA. Show us pics of you along with your dogs.

Old Post 12-07-2011 05:18 PM
mdmorrison
UKC Forum Member

quote:

What are you 2 scared of???

Them mini-curs are good enough to beat ya, yet not big enough to eat ya!

LOL!

Mark.

Old Post 12-07-2011 08:15 PM
mdmorrison is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mdmorrison Click here to Send mdmorrison a Private Message Click Here to Email mdmorrison Visit mdmorrison's homepage! Find more posts by mdmorrison Add mdmorrison to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nccatfisher
UKC Forum Member

LOL they can't catch something as big as a mule, you think they would have a chance with a minicur?

Old Post 12-07-2011 08:56 PM
amazingcursouth
UKC Forum Member

dang them do look like feists. no harm meant. maybe some of the smallest Mt Curs i have seen.

Mossy Pond Modacious (MO)
Mossy Pond Amazing Gracie

Old Post 12-07-2011 11:42 PM
amazingcursouth is offline Click Here to See the Profile for amazingcursouth Click here to Send amazingcursouth a Private Message Find more posts by amazingcursouth Add amazingcursouth to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
canadian curs
UKC Forum Member

mt. curs

30 years ago i bought 2 mt curs from kennth jones in ky,both these females were over 50 lbs.both could kill a 30 pound live coon in a heart beat.at that time they were classed as pure busher bred, of all the dogs i seen on different sites over the last year cat fisher dogs remind me of the old mt curs i seen in ky and tn 30 years ago.i also spent time with robert kemmer and his wife. they had a lot of mt cur dogs.most were yellow some brindle and a couple black ones. there was not a mt. cur on roberts place that was 30 pounds most were between 45 to 55 ponds.most had half cocked ears or shorter ears that hung down. just a touch of history that i seen.

Old Post 12-07-2011 11:53 PM
canadian curs is offline Click Here to See the Profile for canadian curs Click here to Send canadian curs a Private Message Click Here to Email canadian curs Find more posts by canadian curs Add canadian curs to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
treedogman
New UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by treedogman
Extinct? I don't see the Mountain Cur going extinct any time soon. Is this a joke? It sure sounds like one or a money making racket. Is'nt that the reason why the OMCBA was formed, to keep the Mountain Cur from going extinct?
Tell me, what is a 100% pure Mountain Cur ?

Old Post 12-08-2011 02:39 AM
treedogman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for treedogman Click here to Send treedogman a Private Message Click Here to Email treedogman Find more posts by treedogman Add treedogman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
skeets
UKC Forum Member

lol what is a pure anything?

Old Post 12-08-2011 05:00 AM
skeets is offline Click Here to See the Profile for skeets Click here to Send skeets a Private Message Click Here to Email skeets Find more posts by skeets Add skeets to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote