UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > UKC Free Classifieds > Coonhound Classifieds > Redbones: Stud Dog and Kennel Promotion > Rabble Rouser...Next generations...
Pages (115): « First ... « 9 10 [11] 12 13 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
1deadeye
UKC Forum Member

Cherry is looking SWEEEEEEEET Dave.
Scott

Home of,
PR Nitech Leinie Red Ryder
PR Jan Da Red Ryder Butcher ( JJ )

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 10-05-2009 12:17 AM
1deadeye is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 1deadeye Click here to Send 1deadeye a Private Message Find more posts by 1deadeye Add 1deadeye to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
topdog
UKC Forum Member

Training and update

Dave tooks Yank and Moose to the timber last night. Chase (my grandson) tagged along and they had a heck of a night. Three tracks, three trees and three coons...none of them easy. Both dogs pushed hard and pounded the wood...Dave says it was something to see. They're getting close to being in top shape and the season is right around the corner.

We trained this morning and I have these photos to share...
Sue and Rico

These next three action shots are of Rico, Sue and Lucky...

These next three photos are of Rufus and a female called S. Chance...
Rufus

S. Chance

S. Chance is out of Rebel and one of Spencer Glisson's females. I sold her as a pup and gave the young man who bought her his money back because he says she wouldn't hunt. He said she'd bark a little bit at a coon but that was it. I've been fooling with her now for two weeks and today was her first time on a drag and with a cage coon up a tree. She and Rufus ran it, lost it, found it and zeroed in on the tree...the rest is history...She chewed the brush off, foamed at the mouth and slung slobber in every direction and I mean hated the coon with bad intentions. I've said it before and I'll say it again...if you put the time and effort into a young dog to show them what you want and then give them opportunities and repetitions...you can make a difference. I'll make a dog out of this female...I don't know how good she'll be just yet but she'll get the chance she needs and I'd bet she'll be tracking and treeing by the end of the hide season.

Sue is the female that Pastor Mike calls Frog...I can't get myself to call her that so...she's Sue to me. She took a big step today and is a very nice prospect. She doesn't need much more and she'll make a dog...keep your eyes open for her in a year or so. Sue is out of Haze and I think Noah's female...forgive me for not remembering her name and for getting it wrong if what I just said isn't right.

Rico...what can I say about Rico? He's ready to go! He showed me what I was waiting for today and there's not much more to do with him other than turn him loose in the woods with good company to start out with. Rico is out of Rowdy and Lexus and he has the goods...PERIOD!

Lucky is tagging along, this was his second drag. He treed pretty good and is getting more and more aggressive towards the coon. It won't be too much longer and he's going to step it up and become a prospect.

We even took the cage and showed the coon to the Yank and Angel pups in the yard...they both lit up at the coon and barked mad at him. I'll have pictures of them on the wood in a couple of weeks or so. This was a real nice cross...we'll make it again come spring.

The weather is turning cooler, we got good moisture on the ground the last few days and the dogs are in pretty good hunting shape...bring on the season...it's going to be fun.

Unrealistic expectations are a roadblock to success, judge your dogs by what they are ready to give not by what you wish they'd do.

Old Post 10-05-2009 01:18 AM
topdog is offline Click Here to See the Profile for topdog Click here to Send topdog a Private Message Click Here to Email topdog Visit topdog's homepage! Find more posts by topdog Add topdog to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Pastor Mike
UKC Forum Member

Good Hunt tonight with Dogs out of Rabble.

Tonight Buck and I turned loose a bunch of Rabble Dogs. We turned loose Dual Grand Ch. Shadow (RabbleXSassy) Ch. Hurnie (RabbleXPigeon) Ch. Locket (RabbleXPigeon) and Dual Ch. Haze (RabbleXPigeon)

It was a good drop and got a few pictures. Haze stayed behind the tree pretty much the whole time but we got some shots of hurnie, shadow and locket.

this pic has all four dogs. hurnie is on the wood, locket and shadow are beside each other and if you look hard enough you can see haze's mouth too.

Hurnie

Hurnie, Locket and Shadow

Locket

A good one of Shadow

Hurnie and Shadow

The Dogs did good on this track and had the coon. They treed hard for a long time on this tree but it was neat to have 3 littermates from the same litter and a half sister with the sire to all being rabble rouser. Nice dogs all the way around.

GRNTCH GRCH 'PR' Soggy Bottom The Frog Dawg (current reproducers list)
NTCH CH Soggy Bottom The Bull Dawg
Soggy Bottom T-Top Miss Dottie
RIP
GRNTCH GRCH Soggy Bottom T-Top Haze HTX (Former#1 Reproducer)
CH Soggy Bottom T-Top Stella
GRNTCH GRCH Soggy Bottom T-Top Shadow
NTCH CH Soggy Bottom Bomber's Red Wire (Pigeon- former #1 Reproducer)
NTCH GRCH Red Cedar T-Top Lexus
CH Soggy Bottom T-Top Locket

Mike Laster
540-392-2441
pastorlaster@aol.com

Last edited by Pastor Mike on 10-06-2009 at 04:46 AM

Old Post 10-06-2009 03:50 AM
Pastor Mike is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Pastor Mike Click here to Send Pastor Mike a Private Message Click Here to Email Pastor Mike Find more posts by Pastor Mike Add Pastor Mike to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
david woofter
UKC Forum Member

Pictures

Nice dogs Pastor Mike and Buck. Old Rabble did himself proud with his off spring. Dave

Last edited by david woofter on 10-06-2009 at 02:07 PM

Old Post 10-06-2009 12:43 PM
david woofter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for david woofter Click here to Send david woofter a Private Message Click Here to Email david woofter Find more posts by david woofter Add david woofter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
topdog
UKC Forum Member

Lookin' GOOD...

The dogs look good Mike...it must have been a good time. It has been raining now for a few days and the ground moisture is finally getting back to where we can probably count on enough to hold good tracking for when you guys come out in a couple of weeks. We're looking forward to it, the dogs are in good shape and we have plenty of pups to fool with when it's daylight.

We might pair Leinie and Angel up a few nights just to make sure we get the old girl in good enough shape to make a few drops while you guys are here. She is just getting over her heat so I'm about ready to turn her back in the large pen. She hates to see us load up and leave her home and we are determined to let her live the rest of her life spending the kill seasons in the woods, just like she started her life.

The two Yank and Angel pups were treeing hard on two coon carcasses Sunday morning...that was kind of a hoot.

Unrealistic expectations are a roadblock to success, judge your dogs by what they are ready to give not by what you wish they'd do.

Old Post 10-06-2009 01:28 PM
topdog is offline Click Here to See the Profile for topdog Click here to Send topdog a Private Message Click Here to Email topdog Visit topdog's homepage! Find more posts by topdog Add topdog to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
topdog
UKC Forum Member

Good hunt

Dave loaded up Angel, Yank and Moose last night. He had a good hunt making three drops and tracking and treeing two and one hot, straight race right into a bull doze pile. Angel has been laid up in heat for awhile and before that with pups but she was right in on every chase and looking real good. Yank and Moose are hard and in shape and making it real tough on the coons every time they get turned loose.

Moose is coming on and looking good and Yank is looking very good too, track and tree. If Moose keeps coming like he is, we will be mating him to Leinie in the late winter or early spring because if he's as good in the stud pen as he's looking in the woods, it will be a good mix. We'll see how it goes and hope that nothing bad happens to him but he may turn out to be something extra special to be reckoned with by spring.

It will be in the low to mid 20s overnight over the next few days so it will clean the leaves and underbrush off and make the hunting even better yet...it's looking like a fun fall.

Old Post 10-09-2009 02:19 AM
Emily
UKC Forum Member

I'm in love with Rico

just from that pic of him on the tree. Lets see some more of him!

Old Post 10-10-2009 01:47 AM
Emily is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Emily Click here to Send Emily a Private Message Click Here to Email Emily Find more posts by Emily Add Emily to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Mike B
UKC Forum Member

Re: I'm in love with Rico

quote:
Originally posted by Emily

I agree, as soon as I saw them pictures of him they reminded me of a ratty little pup from years ago.

Old Post 10-10-2009 02:15 AM
Mike B is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Mike B Click here to Send Mike B a Private Message Click Here to Email Mike B Find more posts by Mike B Add Mike B to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
topdog
UKC Forum Member

Yep...

There's only a few people in the world that could make that connection Mike and you're one of them. Most folks wouldn't know what you were talking about but you're right, there is an amazing resemblance.

He comes from the Rowdy male but his dam is Lexus and she is directly from ol' Rat and Raven.

I think folks will be hearing about this one for a long time to come.

Old Post 10-10-2009 02:29 AM
BIGCASTLEDAWGS
UKC Forum Member

Re: I'm in love with Rico

quote:
Originally posted by Emily

LOL... DITTO! Amazing looking dawg... not that any of them are too shabby... Rico has that "special something"!

Keep the pix coming! HappyHunting Heather

Old Post 10-10-2009 03:40 PM
BIGCASTLEDAWGS is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BIGCASTLEDAWGS Click here to Send BIGCASTLEDAWGS a Private Message Find more posts by BIGCASTLEDAWGS Add BIGCASTLEDAWGS to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
topdog
UKC Forum Member

Weekend

Dave took Moose with Leinie on Saturday night and had a great hunt. Treed three on three drops. Moose stepped it up another notch, split treeing from Leinie and both had a coon. Dave tied Leinie and went to Moose and when he got there he found the coon right away. The coon started getting restless and bailed out of the tree like a sack of cement so Dave turned Moose on him but the track only went about 50 feet right into a hole under a brush pile...oh well...it was another big step for a nice young hound. The last drop, they went deep and struck and tracked out of hearing over a ridge. By the time Dave got around, they were down the other side in a creek bottom treed hard and with another coon.

The dogs are in shape and the mornings are cold and frosty so the leaves are going to fall this week, especially if we get the rain and snow today like they are talking about. Season opens next week...can't wait!

Old Post 10-12-2009 12:18 PM
david woofter
UKC Forum Member

Cherry

I also had a good hunt with Cherry Sat. nightTom. Treed two and she stayed in a hole in a thicket. Sounds like old Moose is looking good. Killed a 12 or 13 point Buck Sun. Depends on if you count the little prong sticking out on one of the tines. Have a Good one. Dave

Old Post 10-12-2009 01:08 PM
david woofter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for david woofter Click here to Send david woofter a Private Message Click Here to Email david woofter Find more posts by david woofter Add david woofter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
david woofter
UKC Forum Member

Sweet Cherry

Tom had Cherry out with a top dog last night and she did what we are looking for. First tree she had first strike and it was close at the tree. Coon seen. Went to another place and she had first strike and she took the track down the creek in and out of the water working and the older female took the track up the creek. At first I wondered if Cherry was going the right way ( never known her to go the wrong way) on the track. The track got better and the coons finely left the creek and went up on a ridge and Cherry treed. Went to her and she had two coon. Took her to the truck and the other dog was treed in a quarter of a mile deeper and she also had a coon but I was real pleased with the Job cherry done there and also the job she has been doing. Dave

Old Post 10-14-2009 01:05 PM
topdog
UKC Forum Member

Cherry...

Sounds like another great hunt with Cherry. She's tough and will open some eyes when she starts showing up in competition...folks will know what a real nice Redbone female looks and sounds like.

Dave Geiger called me and told me that his Yank and Val pup is tracking and treeing turn out coons on a pretty regular basis now and that he's acting way beyond his age of 6 months. I sent Val home with him to use as a guide dog and I guess the pair of them can really slobber up a tree when they get one treed. Folks will hear about his Clyde pup in the near future and I'd expect that he's going to enjoy coon hunting for a long time to come with that outstanding young hound.

Pastor Mike also told me about those pups that Adam Coffman has and an adventure they had with some local wild coons...folks should be paying real close attention to what he has available yet from that litter...there's something special brewing there also.

Two more nights to open season, we're looking forward to a lot of fun this fall with these nice young hounds...and one old Angel

Old Post 10-15-2009 02:05 AM
topdog
UKC Forum Member

Coon season 2009

Dave was out Friday night for the midnight opening of our 2009 coon season. He loaded up Yank and Moose and had a great night of hunting. Unfortunately, the camera battery went dead so he wasn't able to document the hunt but he had thee dumps. three strikes and three trees and bagged three coons. He said it was great dog work by both hounds and it was a fun night.

I went along last night...gimpy knees and bad back and all

Once again it was three dumps, three strikes and three trees...and three coons bagged. I could only make it to the first tree to get some pictures but Dave got some great shots on the second tree. The last track was deep and he had to hoof it alone again so he didn't carry the camera but they did a GREAT job on a difficult, hard driving track and came treed with the meat.

These first two photos are from the first drop and tree...

These next three photos are from the second drop where Dave had to climb straight up the bluff about 400 yards...INTENSE!

We are creating a photo album with some short details of the hunts we make this year. You can view our photo album, which will be a log of the events of the year at http://s115.photobucket.com/albums/...hunting%202009/

Click on a picture to see some details.

Last edited by topdog on 10-18-2009 at 04:43 PM

Old Post 10-18-2009 04:40 PM
BIGCASTLEDAWGS
UKC Forum Member

More Nice Pix!

AND awesome...a LINK to the ALBUM! WOoooHOooo! You KNOW I'll be loving it
SO glad to hear you made it to that first tree! Doing PT 2X a week myslef right now...my poor old spine needs some muscles and ligaments and such...built back up to support it! Working HARD as I can... hoping to get out to the woods myself NEXT year to see Someone's hounds chase SOmething...hopefully coon of course...
Those are more nice pix of your beautiful hounds! Love the one standing looking up...great shot of that dawgs NICE build and color too

HappyHunting!!!!!! Heather

Old Post 10-18-2009 04:48 PM
BIGCASTLEDAWGS is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BIGCASTLEDAWGS Click here to Send BIGCASTLEDAWGS a Private Message Find more posts by BIGCASTLEDAWGS Add BIGCASTLEDAWGS to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
topdog
UKC Forum Member

Album

We'll try to keep the album current from every hunt we make this fall, along with some details behind the photos. It's a great way to watch the development of some real nice young hounds so that somewhere further down the road, we can look back and remember how these dogs got to where they are today.

We enjoy the chase as much as the dogs do and the pictures will someday be a link to the past and great memories of great people and maybe great dogs...it doesn't get any better than that!

Pastor Mike and Buck will be joining us for a few days this coming weekend and we'll hope to add some updates from their visit, we're looking forward to seeing them again and hopefully to enjoying some good hunting.

Old Post 10-19-2009 01:13 PM
david woofter
UKC Forum Member

Pictures

Tom the pictures look great. The Moose looks like he likes to have his picture taken. Sorry your back and knees are giving you so much trouble. Some of that comes with what you called me and you last week. LOL! It was 28 this morning here. Dave

Old Post 10-19-2009 01:17 PM
topdog
UKC Forum Member

I'll survive

I'll be OK Dave, my knees have been a problem for a few years now and I'm still kicking...it just seems to take longer and longer to navigate these days. My back already feels better so I guess an all day wood cutting project helped instead of hurt...eh?

Dave took Moose and Leinie to the woods Monday night and made 3 trees with one being a den. Moose split away from Leinie on the last track and got his reward for his efforts. He's showing more and more the characteristics that we're looking for and at a year and a half old would make most folks drool...just a little bit

Dave forgot the camera so we don't have pictures to share but we won't let that happen again...I hope.

Didn't get the dogs out last night and tonight it's raining hard so we won't make it out probably until Friday night when Mike and Buck arrive...if they're not too tired from the long haul. We'll play it as it comes and if we make it out, we'll hopefully have a good night.

I hope you had a great hunt tonight with Sweet Cherry and that real nice Blue dog Tom will be handling.

Old Post 10-22-2009 01:15 AM
david woofter
UKC Forum Member

hunt

Tom we had a good hunt. Treed a couple and put one in a tile. I called to let you listen to one tree but I don't know if the phone worked or not. It was my step-son's phone and I wasn't to good at using it. Dave

Old Post 10-22-2009 03:39 PM
topdog
UKC Forum Member

Hunt

I could hear the dogs fine Dave, they sounded real good, treed hard with the meat. I could imagine myself right there with you, other than you mumbling something about a darned phone...

We hope to get a few real good days of hunting in starting tonight but it looks like Mother Nature might intervene, at least for our plans for tonight...

Winter is sending early warnings of things to come....

Even a snowy day can't dull the glow and beauty of the color of fall...

Hopefully the weather will calm down and allow a couple of good nights of hunting while Mike and Buck are here to join us...we'll keep hoping...

Old Post 10-23-2009 08:44 PM
topdog
UKC Forum Member

Good night

Mike and Buck made it in around 7:00 PM and even after a long day on the road, we decided to load up Moose and Hernie and make a drop or two around the house. We got a real cold track going and both dogs did a nice job of keeping it going and eventually jumping the track and driving it to a tree. Hernie especially, looked real good and kept it moving forward...

Here's Moose and Hernie on the wood...

It was a good drop and paid off with two coons treed. We gave the dogs one of them and headed for home. I don't know how those guys do it but it had to be a LOOOOOONG day. We're getting ready to make another night of it and hopefully we'll get some good hunting in before the rain moves in again sometime around midnight.

Old Post 10-24-2009 10:41 PM
topdog
UKC Forum Member

Saturday night

We had a great night of hunting making 4 trees, one in a culvert and caught one on the ground. They had the meat every time and all single tracks. Mike, Buck, Dave, and I along with Dave's boys made the hunt and the boys made it to 3 of the trees and did very good keeping up. Chase is 7 and Cruz is 5 and they went through the woods like old timers.

I got a lot of pictures but none that really showed the action like it was happening but...that's the way it goes sometimes. It was raining and I wanted to limit the camera from getting too wet. Buck got a few pictures that turned out nice so...enjoy...

This is the first tree of the night...

Notice the high powerd light Cruz is using...

Gotta love this tree style...

Second tree of the night...

We were looking forward to a long night so some of us had to catch a nap when we could...

We started the night with Yank Moose and Hernie and they did a real nice job on every track. Later on, we dropped the kids off...and me...and Mike, Buck and Dave went again with Shadow, Locket and Leinie. They made one more tree with the meat and had a hard driving track that ended in a junk pile so they called it a night at about 3:30 AM. We'll give it a try again tonight and see what happens. The camera man was "resting" in the truck so no pictures of the last tree of the night but...we'll get more.

It doesn't get any better than when you can enjoy good times, good dog work and good friends on a night of hunting. The boys were able to make it to some of the trees and Chase got in on the action when the dogs caught one on the ground...it was pretty exciting...eh Chase?......More to come....

Old Post 10-25-2009 05:32 PM
jguilliams
UKC Forum Member

Looks good guys. Wishing I were there to enjoy the fun. Have a good day and tryit again tonight.

Old Post 10-25-2009 08:26 PM
jguilliams is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jguilliams Click here to Send jguilliams a Private Message Click Here to Email jguilliams Find more posts by jguilliams Add jguilliams to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BIGCASTLEDAWGS
UKC Forum Member

GREAT PIX!

SOunds like a GREAT TIME! Keep having FUN!

HappyHunting Heather

Old Post 10-26-2009 03:59 AM