UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Large Litters
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Cory Highfill
UKC Forum Member

Large Litters

Having a litter as we speak, 18 and counting. What's the biggest litter you've ever had?

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 09-20-2018 03:03 AM
Cory Highfill is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Cory Highfill Click here to Send Cory Highfill a Private Message Click Here to Email Cory Highfill Find more posts by Cory Highfill Add Cory Highfill to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Cory

If they all live, you will be bottle feeding! Lol. Dave

Old Post 09-20-2018 03:30 AM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Cory Highfill
UKC Forum Member

I don't mean to sound harsh, but I'm fairly confident that 5-6 small weak ones won't make it...

Old Post 09-20-2018 03:48 AM
Cory Highfill is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Cory Highfill Click here to Send Cory Highfill a Private Message Click Here to Email Cory Highfill Find more posts by Cory Highfill Add Cory Highfill to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dbpro56
UKC Forum Member

There was this fella who took his nice female and bred her to Wagers Stylish Lipper, and unbeknownst to me, he brought her over and bred her to my Kansas Dancer dog. She had 14 pups as I recall. I thought it was strange, that half that litter was colored up really good, and the other half was saddle back, or with a lot of white on them. He didn't tell he did that, till about 10 years later!

Bruce Profitt

Old Post 09-20-2018 03:12 PM
dbpro56 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dbpro56 Click here to Send dbpro56 a Private Message Click Here to Email dbpro56 Find more posts by dbpro56 Add dbpro56 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Cory Highfill
UKC Forum Member

Unless I miscounted, she ended up having 19. 11 still living and looking like they might make it.

Old Post 09-21-2018 04:29 AM
Chuck Allen
UKC Forum Member

My buddy and I have raised 3 litters in the last 8 years 2 went 11 for 11 and 1 went 11 for 10.

When the law of the land becomes unjust outlaws will rise to take their place in history.

Old Post 09-21-2018 06:53 AM
Chuck Allen is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Chuck Allen Click here to Send Chuck Allen a Private Message Find more posts by Chuck Allen Add Chuck Allen to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
novicane65
UKC Forum Member

Biggest litter I've seen was a German short hair litter. She had 23 and raised them all. I asked the breeder if he had to barrow a female or bottle fed. He said no, he left it up to god. My brother got a pup out of that litter. He was a decent dog, but not super high quality imho.

And
Partners on a few common trashy young dogs

Gone but not forgotten

GrNtCh, PKC Ch Hillbilly Bildo
Pr Broken Oaks Wild Blue Gypsy

Old Post 09-21-2018 11:41 AM
novicane65 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for novicane65 Click here to Send novicane65 a Private Message Click Here to Email novicane65 Find more posts by novicane65 Add novicane65 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote