UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Money, Money, Money
Pages (9): « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
John B.Dalton
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Richard Lambert
I had a Redbone named King many years ago. I sure got a lot of hazing last night until halfway through the hunt my lil Bell treed a coon. Then they had to give me their money and I got to do the hazing. I am a terrible winner as you can imagine.

You realize no one will believe that without a selfie of you and dog looking up the tree with a real live raccoon then only a third will believe it wasnt staged .

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 12-13-2018 09:54 PM
John B.Dalton is offline Click Here to See the Profile for John B.Dalton Click here to Send John B.Dalton a Private Message Visit John B.Dalton's homepage! Find more posts by John B.Dalton Add John B.Dalton to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by shane_atchison
I don't know if you're a UKC rep, old school purist, Amish or what.....

Oh my goodness, UKC would never let me be a rep. I have some pretty old school stories/memories for sure but definitely not a purist and the Amish would never have me. So I guess that I am a what. And I used to be pretty passionate until my T level dropped.

Last edited by Richard Lambert on 12-13-2018 at 11:15 PM

Old Post 12-13-2018 11:12 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

John, I can text you a picture of the scorecard. I took it just for friends like you. Is that puppy you got at Southern Days last year treeing yet?

Old Post 12-13-2018 11:19 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

John, I can text you a picture of the scorecard. I took it just for friends like you. Is that puppy you got at Southern Days last year running and treeing yet? Five of her littermates are.

Old Post 12-13-2018 11:21 PM
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by yadkintar
I just want a chair by the fire Dave ................. And Sombody to admit I am right !!
Tar

Call Corey. He will tell you that you are right. Will $10,000 get you out of that chair by the fire?

Old Post 12-13-2018 11:30 PM
yadkintar
Banned

quote:
Call Corey. He will tell you that you are right. Will $10,000 get you out of that chair by the fire?

I been trying brother I just keep getting beat !!!

Tar

Old Post 12-14-2018 02:26 AM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by yadkintar
I been trying brother I just keep getting beat !!!
Tar

Sounds like you need to get you a good Redbone. You are the one that recommended my next litter of pup's Sire. I knew that if you liked him, he must be nice.

Last edited by Richard Lambert on 12-14-2018 at 01:40 PM

Old Post 12-14-2018 01:38 PM
yadkintar
Banned

Should be the track speed you are wanting they be so far ahead of everything even if you are trying to catch your breath you will get that 125+ way before anybody else's dog gets there.

Tar

Old Post 12-14-2018 01:46 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sox12
UKC Forum Member

there is more greed in our world today then anything else,not just in hunting in every sport there is its all about greed,not the enjoyment you had placing your hound or winning a ball game,it money money money

CH Nt. Ch.PR Wandering Red & RR Bucksaw (GRCHGRNTCH Raged Ridge Rip X Grand Nite Raged Ridge Toadie )
GRNTCH.GRCh.PR Steffes' Whizz Bang[GRNTCH Big Walnut BooneXGRNTCH Raged Ridge Toadie]
GRCH.Wandering Red Pepper
GRCH.Wandering Red Honeys Sweety Pie

RIP
GR.NT.CH.GR.CH.PR Steffes wandering Red Tinkerbell {GRCHGRNTCH Raged Ridge RipsawXGRNTCH Ragged Ridge Toadie]

Old Post 12-14-2018 04:31 PM
sox12 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for sox12 Click here to Send sox12 a Private Message Click Here to Email sox12 Find more posts by sox12 Add sox12 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
swamp1
Banned

X2

And jealousy ! Its been that way in coonhunting for as long as I can remember,from the start. If a persons hide dog treed coons better than competition dogs, they would not hunt with them because of it. Couldn't afford it to be known.
That greed factor has been around forever and they both go hand in hand. You are right! Thats the way it is everywhere,all over the world.
They keep changing the rules of the game, to accommodate the cheaters who have more $denaro$ so they can win the most exspecially when one comes along that can beat them. Its a game of Thrones!

Let the games begin! 😂

Old Post 12-14-2018 08:53 PM
swamp1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for swamp1 Click here to Send swamp1 a Private Message Find more posts by swamp1 Add swamp1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Swamp1

My ideal challenge is hunt the dogs 1 at a time, taking turns for as long or as many nights as they want, keeping score with a 22 rifle. 1 coon per tree and see whose dog tree the most coons, that's about as fair as it gets and proves who has the BEST COONDOG, not the fastest strike or tree, but the coons, isn't that the name of the game? Lol. Dave

Old Post 12-14-2018 09:59 PM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Mr Dave, when you have 2 coondogs that both tree coons then turning them loose one at a time only proves which one is the luckiest. You have to turn them loose together to know which one is the best. I have never understood why two pleasure hunters would turn their dogs loose one at a time. You have to walk to twice as many trees. You make it sound like your buddy has the better dog and you are embarrassed to turn your dog out with him.

Last edited by Richard Lambert on 12-15-2018 at 02:08 PM

Old Post 12-15-2018 02:05 PM
yadkinriver
UKC Forum Member

Mr. Lambert we may not agree on everything but we dang sure agree on that. Thats where competition starts in my book.

Old Post 12-15-2018 03:05 PM
yadkinriver is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkinriver Click here to Send yadkinriver a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkinriver Visit yadkinriver's homepage! Find more posts by yadkinriver Add yadkinriver to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
swamp1
Banned

Lol

I turn mine loose with Grands and Nites all the time. She must be real lucky, is all I can figure. And I don't shoot many out, either.
There is no such thing as pleasure hunting for the most part, its all about competition hunting for some reason. There is a considerable difference in a best dog and a good competition dog, period.

When I hunt alone, lots of times I'm gonna be walking to 2 trees anyway if they don't strike pretty quick.

Last edited by swamp1 on 12-15-2018 at 04:40 PM

Old Post 12-15-2018 04:21 PM
swamp1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for swamp1 Click here to Send swamp1 a Private Message Find more posts by swamp1 Add swamp1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
oklared
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Mr Dave, when you have 2 coondogs that both tree coons then turning them loose one at a time only proves which one is the luckiest. You have to turn them loose together to know which one is the best. I have never understood why two pleasure hunters would turn their dogs loose one at a time. You have to walk to twice as many trees. You make it sound like your buddy has the better dog and you are embarrassed to turn your dog out with him.

MAYBE ONE IS A LITTLE OUCHY

HOME OF 2010 HIGH SCOREING REDBONE FEMALE, DUAL CH Y2KD, #7 REPRODUCING RED FEMALE
NT.Ch. WINNER AT REDBONE SEC. 2008
3RD PL. NT.CH. 2009 BATTLE OF BREEDS AT ADA OKLA.
4TH PLACE R.Q.E 2010
2ND PLACE OVERALL AT ZONE 4 AND DOUBLE CAST WINNER 2010
WENT TO 2010 WORLD HUNT
AMERICAN REDBONE ASSOCIATION HIGH SCOREING REDBONE FEMALE OF THE 2010 WORLD HUNT
OVERALL HI SCOREING DOG AT 2010 BBCHA BLUE TIC SECTIONAL
GR.NT.CH. AT 12 and A HALF
MADE-EM SEE RED

Old Post 12-15-2018 04:36 PM
oklared is offline Click Here to See the Profile for oklared Click here to Send oklared a Private Message Click Here to Email oklared Find more posts by oklared Add oklared to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
swamp1
Banned

Maybe

Maybe not. I hunt with friends that want to turn theirs out alone so it can get better by doing it alone, make them a better dog, independent,they say. I just go along.

Competition hunters in general will use the rules to eliminate the better dogs chances of winning every chance they get,wirh their interpretations of going by the rules to get advantage points to get ahead.

And they are dang proud of doing it, in their mind they won, fair. Thats why we got all these titled dogs nowdays.
Money changes the rules of the game and interpretation adjustments are made so they can win by the book, so to speak. Thing is, theres hundreds interpretating, 😂.

Old Post 12-15-2018 05:08 PM
nitehunter2004
UKC Forum Member

If you know the rules How can you get beat by the rules All The Time! Never under stood that.

GrNtCh Big Money
GrNtCh North Mt Mort
T&R’s Homemade Trouble

GrNtChGrCh Homemade Josie.
Homemade Tank.
GrNtCh Hardwood Bean (SEMEN)
GrNtCh Abbotts Bawling Rebel (SEMEN)
GrNtChGrCh Tj's Stylish Lipper (SEMEN)
GrNtCh Nite Life Pay Dirt (SEMEN)
GrNtCh PKC Ch Poison Smoke (SEMEN)

HomeMade Kennels
Newton N.C

2010 SETWA BREEDER OF THE YEAR!!
(828) 302-5480

Old Post 12-15-2018 06:53 PM
nitehunter2004 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nitehunter2004 Click here to Send nitehunter2004 a Private Message Find more posts by nitehunter2004 Add nitehunter2004 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Mr. Lambert

I like to see what a dog can do by itself, not what they can do with help. Luck is when you are turning a COONDOG loose every time, as I once told a fellow hunter that told me that I was the luckiest coonhunter around. Amazing what a real COONDOG can do, that others can't do. Dave

Old Post 12-15-2018 09:49 PM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Mr. Lambert

Everyone has their opinion of a COONDOG, mine is that a COONDOG should be just as good hunting by itself , or with company. When you turn a COONDOG loose, you don't need luck, you can't call it luck when 1 dog finds and trees a coon most every time, while the other dog struggles. Now you decide how you want to challenge a man with a good dog, I will stick to hunting 1 against the other 1 dog cast at a time to see which dog is the "luckiest" as you say. Truth is a large percentage of dogs won't even hunt by themselves, I don't feed that kind. Dave

Old Post 12-15-2018 10:28 PM
nitehunter2004
UKC Forum Member

Dave don’t we hunt the same blood line?

GrNtCh Big Money
GrNtCh North Mt Mort
T&R’s Homemade Trouble

Homemade Tank.

HomeMade Kennels
Newton N.C

(828) 302-5480

Old Post 12-15-2018 10:44 PM
nitehunter2004 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nitehunter2004 Click here to Send nitehunter2004 a Private Message Find more posts by nitehunter2004 Add nitehunter2004 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

1 dog strikes a track, takes it to a tree and has a coon. The next dog does the same thing. Which one is the best?
If one dog has a harder time trailing a coon and treeing it than the other dog, is the other dog better or was he just lucky and got a better track? And what is the matter with one dog "helping" another? I can understand if you are a comp hunter and training your young dog to be "independent". But I just don't understand 2 old pleasure hunters out turning their dogs loose one at a time. Of course I am not saying that there is anything the matter with it, I just don't understand it.

Old Post 12-15-2018 10:54 PM
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Tim Osborne/ Mr. Lambert

Tim, yes 1 of the dogs we are hunting is a grandpup to Bean, he is all COONDOG in company or by himself, Mr, Lambert, you will find out quickly how good they really are, when you hunt them by themselves. Now we do both, but hunt mostly 1 dog at a time, as they handle better by themselves [ don't usually hunt as deep] makes our lives easier in these steep mountains. Lol. Luck does not play a part in what these dogs do, it is ability plain and simple. Come up for a hunt and see for yourself. Tim you have an open invitation my friend. Dave

Old Post 12-15-2018 11:17 PM
nitehunter2004
UKC Forum Member

Thanks Dave, I was just making the point that some dogs can be be both, I know mine can put a coon up alone in style and can earn a title, I believe yours can do the same!

GrNtCh Big Money
GrNtCh North Mt Mort
T&R’s Homemade Trouble

Homemade Tank.

HomeMade Kennels
Newton N.C

(828) 302-5480

Old Post 12-15-2018 11:21 PM
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Mr. Lambert

When you cut them by themselves a bunch of times, not just 1 or 2, you will see just how consistent a real COONDOG produces a coon , while the other dog struggles. I can say there won't be luck with the consistent dog, it will be ability. I have recut a COONDOG back in the same ground the other dog failed on and the COONDOG treed a coon, no luck needed. Dave

Old Post 12-15-2018 11:23 PM
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Tim Osborne

Thanks Tim, nothing wrong with doing both, these dogs are Tiitled, but more important are Coondogs all winter long, in company or by themselves. That's the way we like them. Dave

Old Post 12-15-2018 11:28 PM