UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Well it’s official !
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
pigsit
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Blaine Stout
For those who asked what we did was switched to all double headers. We charge $20 for the night that gets you into both rounds. Plus we provide a meal and drinks free for anyone that wants to eat before or after the hunt.

So our club was still making $16 per dog which was a good amount. We were drawing 5 to 6 casts of dogs at every hunt.

Now we will only be making $6 per dog which will not allow us to provide food and drink free of charge. Or we have to raise our hunt costs which is what everyone complained about to begin with.

What we always here from people now is that our hunts are to cheap to miss. So they come from some pretty good distances to make our hunts.

Why don't you charge $30 a night, most hunters would find that affordable and cheap entertainment, especially if they are chasing that $50,000.

Dual GRNTCH Wendy
GRNTCH Cola
GrNtCH Honky Tonk Rock and Roll
Dual GRCH Bumper
Dual CH June
Dual CH Jill

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 09-01-2019 01:43 PM
pigsit is offline Click Here to See the Profile for pigsit Click here to Send pigsit a Private Message Click Here to Email pigsit Find more posts by pigsit Add pigsit to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Joe Moore
UKC Forum Member

My thoughts exactly. If someone can’t afford the extra 5 bucks at a hunt then they have other problems.

quote:
Originally posted by davidlloyd
Let's be honest. Is 5 dollars really gonna make it so locals can't afford to hunt? If you can't afford an extra 5 dollars to support your sport you can't afford owning a hound.

-2004 PKC Youth World Hunt, 3rd place
-2005 UKC PA State Overall Show Champion
-2007 UKC Youh National Hunt, 3rd place

-PKC Silver Ch, GRNTCH 'pr' Tree Stalkins Stylish Striker

Old Post 09-01-2019 02:40 PM
Joe Moore is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Joe Moore Click here to Send Joe Moore a Private Message Click Here to Email Joe Moore Visit Joe Moore's homepage! Find more posts by Joe Moore Add Joe Moore to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Doug__Adams
UKC Forum Member

I think it may change numbers for a year or so.. but eventually the little guys like myself will quit going and the “UKC” crowd will just become the same crowd you see at $ hunts now. Pkc hunts around her draw 3 dogs just like the UKC hunts. It’s just a different 3 guys.. the 3 $ guys will probably come to UKC but the 3 dust collector guys will probably disappear. If money was their motivation they would’ve been at the Pkc hunts. Just my opinion.

Call/text anytime!

Check us out on Facebook
Treacle Creek Kennels And Hunting Supply
https://treaclecreekhuntingsupply.com

Old Post 09-01-2019 03:05 PM
Doug__Adams is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Doug__Adams Click here to Send Doug__Adams a Private Message Click Here to Email Doug__Adams Find more posts by Doug__Adams Add Doug__Adams to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
honalieh
UKC Forum Member

If this is true?

If what I've read on this, UKC copying PKC, is true (having local hunters financially support one big event---that they can't take time off work to attend), it seems like it opens the door for AKC to become more dominant at the local event level.

If true, this kicks the door wide open for AKC. Something doesn't smell right!!!

Old Post 09-02-2019 06:33 AM
honalieh is offline Click Here to See the Profile for honalieh Click here to Send honalieh a Private Message Click Here to Email honalieh Find more posts by honalieh Add honalieh to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ron Jackson
UKC Forum Member

I heard rumor that it will take minimum of 5 cast wins to be in the running to go to the hunt . But in reality it will be the top 65 with the most cast wins for the year but at least 5 wins. So as to keep you going to the hunts after achieve 5 wins. Is this true?

Old Post 09-02-2019 12:26 PM
Ron Jackson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ron Jackson Click here to Send Ron Jackson a Private Message Click Here to Email Ron Jackson Find more posts by Ron Jackson Add Ron Jackson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by Ron Jackson
I heard rumor that it will take minimum of 5 cast wins to be in the running to go to the hunt . But in reality it will be the top 65 with the most cast wins for the year but at least 5 wins. So as to keep you going to the hunts after achieve 5 wins. Is this true?

I think everybody is really waiting on the rule changes if the right ones don’t pass all the gravey in the world won’t cover the buisquits this time.

Tar

Old Post 09-02-2019 01:28 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
J.H. Sills
UKC Forum Member

This venture might boost numbers temporarily by pulling some old customers back from competitors.

It won’t bring any new faces to the table. New faces are what they should be courting if they really want to grow the numbers.

Old Post 09-02-2019 02:55 PM
J.H. Sills is offline Click Here to See the Profile for J.H. Sills Click here to Send J.H. Sills a Private Message Click Here to Email J.H. Sills Find more posts by J.H. Sills Add J.H. Sills to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
joey
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Ron Jackson

No Ron that isn't true.

http://www.sunspotlights.com/
When brightness matters!!

Home Of:
PKC Ch, Grch Grnch 2008 Tx state champion They call me Crazy Betty

PKC SCh CH Grnch They call me Howler too

Old Post 09-02-2019 02:58 PM
joey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for joey Click here to Send joey a Private Message Find more posts by joey Add joey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
joey
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by J.H. Sills
This venture might boost numbers temporarily by pulling some old customers back from competitors.

It won’t bring any new faces to the table. New faces are what they should be courting if they really want to grow the numbers.

The real issue is there are no new faces. The best they can hope for is to pull from other organizations. The people that only pleasure hunt are going to continue to do that and I cant blame them. Its a competition and some people just do not enjoy it.

http://www.sunspotlights.com/
When brightness matters!!

Home Of:
PKC Ch, Grch Grnch 2008 Tx state champion They call me Crazy Betty

PKC SCh CH Grnch They call me Howler too

Old Post 09-02-2019 03:03 PM
joey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for joey Click here to Send joey a Private Message Find more posts by joey Add joey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
J.H. Sills
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by joey
The real issue is there are no new faces. The best they can hope for is to pull from other organizations. The people that only pleasure hunt are going to continue to do that and I cant blame them. Its a competition and some people just do not enjoy it.

I hear you about some don’t enjoy it. But I’ve brought several big game houndsmen to our local club over the past decade and the complexity of the rules are what discourages them from coming back. These are guys with excellent dogs and plenty of hunting experience but no competitive handling experience.

When these guys show up to a hunt and get leash locked or scratched for not calling a dog on the 3rd bark or withdrawing because their dog is on a road and no one wants to call time out...they don’t return.

Old Post 09-02-2019 03:32 PM
J.H. Sills is offline Click Here to See the Profile for J.H. Sills Click here to Send J.H. Sills a Private Message Click Here to Email J.H. Sills Find more posts by J.H. Sills Add J.H. Sills to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

All the big prize packages are wonderfull I appreciate the work that was done. But the rules are what the guys in my hood are waiting on and when the money is on the line these rules will be inadequate. Word on the street is the three main ones did not pass. There was a clear picture this time what the majority wanted the big prize packages are just a distraction. 14 breed reps speak for the whole coonhound world. I hope ukc makes their own decision on this. But I will still support them just because.

Tar

Old Post 09-02-2019 03:46 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Nathan Phenix
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by joey

We have a club hunt 1rst and 3rd Monday of each month. Not real competitive one hour hunts. Draw lots old men that dont want hunt comp hunts anymore cause they cant hear or walk fast as use to. But also draw lots young guys who learn rules threw club hunts. I can show you 8 or 10 young guys hunting there first hound. Several qualified for world this year. Had 12 dogs last monday.

Bayou Creek Black and Tan’s

Nathan Phenix
417-255-5697

Old Post 09-02-2019 03:47 PM
Nathan Phenix is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Nathan Phenix Click here to Send Nathan Phenix a Private Message Find more posts by Nathan Phenix Add Nathan Phenix to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
J.H. Sills
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Nathan Phenix
We have a club hunt 1rst and 3rd Monday of each month. Not real competitive one hour hunts. Draw lots old men that dont want hunt comp hunts anymore cause they cant hear or walk fast as use to. But also draw lots young guys who learn rules threw club hunts. I can show you 8 or 10 young guys hunting there first hound. Several qualified for world this year. Had 12 dogs last monday.

That’s good to hear

Old Post 09-02-2019 04:06 PM
J.H. Sills
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Nathan Phenix

That’s good to hear

Old Post 09-02-2019 04:06 PM
yadkinriver
UKC Forum Member

Got a question

Now if the little men and I mean the hunters at the local level are paying this extra money to make up a 200,000 purse what is going to be the entry fee for this rich hunt? It would be a shame if the little men made up the purse and only the money men could afford the entry fee. Seems like this should have been brought up by now.

Old Post 09-02-2019 04:56 PM
yadkinriver is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkinriver Click here to Send yadkinriver a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkinriver Visit yadkinriver's homepage! Find more posts by yadkinriver Add yadkinriver to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Redneck Mafia
UKC Moderator

Re: Got a question

quote:
Originally posted by yadkinriver
Now if the little men and I mean the hunters at the local level are paying this extra money to make up a 200,000 purse what is going to be the entry fee for this rich hunt? It would be a shame if the little men made up the purse and only the money men could afford the entry fee. Seems like this should have been brought up by now.

All of those with 5 cast wins will be eligible to go hunt out of their zone (the country will be divided up) from the zones 64 dogs will move on to the finals, I would guess based on a percentage entered. The entry fee is reasonable and with the working man in mind and will be very comparable to the entry you pay for the World hunt zone.
This hunt should increase participation at the local level by giving a reason to drag those ol grand nights back out and by drawing those back in that cut their teeth on UKC but have since moved on. Think if a dog averages winning 75% of their cast they will hunt in 7-8 hunts just to get the 5 wins. A dog that averages 50% will have to hunt in 10. Unlike the Purina race this hunt you can be qualified by attending solely local events.
I've been hearing for years how titles mean nothing anymore with those dogs that will be drug out of the woodwork they will mean something again.

"TEAM MAFIA"
*NATIONAL GRNITECH GRCH GRNITECH(5) HALL OF FAME PKC PLATIUM CH REDNECK BACKWOODS SHACK
2014 OK STATE CH, 2015 MO PKC LEADER, 2016 PKC NATIONALS SEMIFINALIST, 2016 UKC TOP 20, 2O17 UKC WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 3RD PLACE, 2018 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4, 2018 MO PKC STATE CHAMPION, 2019 AUTUMN OAKS NATIONAL GRNITE CH, 2019 PKC WORLD CH SEMIFINALIST. 2021 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4.
*PKC WORLD CHAMPION PLATNIUM CHAMPION GRNITECH SHACK'S HEATHER ISLAND SOUTHERN STOGIE
2021 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2022 PKC WORLD CHAMPION, 2022 MO PKC STATE LEADER PRO SPORT TRUCK WINNER

RIP
*GRNITECH PKC SCH REDNECK MAFIA PKC HALL OF FAME REPRODUCER INDUCTED 2022
*GRNITECH CH PKC SILVER CH REDNECK SHACK ATTACK aka TAC 2018 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2020 MO PKC STATE LEADER

Old Post 09-02-2019 06:31 PM
Redneck Mafia is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Redneck Mafia Click here to Send Redneck Mafia a Private Message Click Here to Email Redneck Mafia Find more posts by Redneck Mafia Add Redneck Mafia to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Redneck Mafia
UKC Moderator

The only people who object to would be those that like the status quo of having the same few dogs that show up and they can all get their easy wins toward titles and are not going to want to welcome any new competition to their little group.

"TEAM MAFIA"
*NATIONAL GRNITECH GRCH GRNITECH(5) HALL OF FAME PKC PLATIUM CH REDNECK BACKWOODS SHACK
2014 OK STATE CH, 2015 MO PKC LEADER, 2016 PKC NATIONALS SEMIFINALIST, 2016 UKC TOP 20, 2O17 UKC WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 3RD PLACE, 2018 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4, 2018 MO PKC STATE CHAMPION, 2019 AUTUMN OAKS NATIONAL GRNITE CH, 2019 PKC WORLD CH SEMIFINALIST. 2021 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4.
*PKC WORLD CHAMPION PLATNIUM CHAMPION GRNITECH SHACK'S HEATHER ISLAND SOUTHERN STOGIE
2021 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2022 PKC WORLD CHAMPION, 2022 MO PKC STATE LEADER PRO SPORT TRUCK WINNER

RIP
*GRNITECH CH PKC SILVER CH REDNECK SHACK ATTACK aka TAC 2018 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2020 MO PKC STATE LEADER

Old Post 09-02-2019 06:42 PM
Redneck Mafia is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Redneck Mafia Click here to Send Redneck Mafia a Private Message Click Here to Email Redneck Mafia Find more posts by Redneck Mafia Add Redneck Mafia to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

Jen me and you talked about this rule stuff a lot. With the bunch that will be coming I feel like the Trojan horse is now entering the gate at nightfall we will realize how badly we needed those changes I sure hope I am wrong.

Tar

Old Post 09-02-2019 06:55 PM
tony.beals
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Sgraves
Think it will work. Make it to where the 5 cast wins has to come from a club other than your home club.

That makes sense, however 80% of Comp hunters up here do not even belong to club or in name only belong. So with that it just hurts the club guys not the majority, I do agree maybe 5 wins is too easy to qaulify but in long run only 64 dogs make it to finals

MSG, US ARMY RETIRED
President of Michigan State United Coon Hunters Association

Old Post 09-02-2019 06:55 PM
tony.beals is offline Click Here to See the Profile for tony.beals Click here to Send tony.beals a Private Message Click Here to Email tony.beals Find more posts by tony.beals Add tony.beals to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Doug C
UKC Forum Member

I haven't been to a ukc hunt in a long time, but if what I am hearing is correct I will be at a few,

Old Post 09-02-2019 09:13 PM
Doug C is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Doug C Click here to Send Doug C a Private Message Click Here to Email Doug C Find more posts by Doug C Add Doug C to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Redneck Mafia
UKC Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by yadkintar
Jen me and you talked about this rule stuff a lot. With the bunch that will be coming I feel like the Trojan horse is now entering the gate at nightfall we will realize how badly we needed those changes I sure hope I am wrong.

Tar

There are some good changes that I'm pretty sure that made it through. And don't forget if they run this like the Grand Masters UKC can adopt different rules for it if they feel the need is there.

"TEAM MAFIA"

RIP

Last edited by Redneck Mafia on 09-02-2019 at 09:36 PM

Old Post 09-02-2019 09:34 PM
Rolin Blues
UKC Forum Member

new format

All you guys that don't think this will increase club income are going to find out that you had better start looking for more guides to make sure there are enough available to put entries in the woods. And I might mention, I am referring to QUALITY guides that will take casts to there best spots to hunt casts. Nothing will drop attendance faster than putting casts in poor areas (drying holing them) because a local guy won't take you to his BEST spots because he is afraid someone will come back & hunt them some other night.

With this new format, 10 dog hunts are going to turn into 20-30 dog hunts, until all these $$$ guys get there 5 required cast wins to be qualified. $5 extra entry fee should not hurt club revenue with increase in entries & more food sold from kitchen. If it don't increase your entries, you may have way too many clubs in too small an area.

Even with just the increase in money being paid at world hunt this year, RQE entries have been higher because $$$ hunters were getting qualified this year. JMO, but i really think you had better be ready with more guides & more food in kitchen come Jan. 1st. Take care, Ron.

Old Post 09-02-2019 09:41 PM
Rolin Blues is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rolin Blues Click here to Send Rolin Blues a Private Message Find more posts by Rolin Blues Add Rolin Blues to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rcagla10583
UKC Forum Member

I think this is a great thing id love to see the number of hunters increase I get tired of drawing the same ole crooks here

Long Branch Mtn Curs
UKC SQCH LONG BRANCH GHOST

Old Post 09-02-2019 09:48 PM
rcagla10583 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rcagla10583 Click here to Send rcagla10583 a Private Message Find more posts by rcagla10583 Add rcagla10583 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Tech
New UKC Forum Member

Entry fees

Were going to charge 30.00 entry administrative fee's. Hope it works.

Old Post 09-03-2019 03:09 AM
Tech is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Tech Click here to Send Tech a Private Message Click Here to Email Tech Find more posts by Tech Add Tech to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Redneck Mafia
UKC Moderator

We are going to charge $20 for regular hunts that don't have additional prizes, most our regular hunts are just $15 now and include free food. Going to talk to Allen about how to work entry fee for our $30 slams. Because the payout is based off a $30 entry fee but would like to charge 35 still and still payout off a $30 entry fee. We do this for bigger $kc hunts where the extra is used to pay guides and judges, in this case it will go to UKC for escrow.

"TEAM MAFIA"

RIP

Old Post 09-03-2019 04:21 AM