UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Breeds > Redbones > cabin hunt in mountains of VA
Pages (7): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
ken johnson
UKC Forum Member

richard

I will be heading up 77 to 81 to christiansburg...as for coondog...our male has been doing well..but he has his bad nights as well...hunting here is tough now..swamps are flooded...I get off work at 10 tonight..and will turn him out,and see what happens..constantly raining here..

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 02-26-2013 05:53 PM
ken johnson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ken johnson Click here to Send ken johnson a Private Message Click Here to Email ken johnson Find more posts by ken johnson Add ken johnson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
wbond
UKC Forum Member

Re: thanks..

quote:
Originally posted by ken johnson
Meeting in christiansburg at 12:30 will be great...THANKS...now as for things I need to bring

Ken no use to bring your waders up here if its big enough that if you need them you will have to swim any way might want to bring some rope and your rock climbing gear Linkous said something about taking you hunting in Barney's wall or maybe from the Bear Cliff's back to the cabin

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have"

Thomas Jefferson

"My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government."
Thomas Jefferson

Last edited by wbond on 02-26-2013 at 06:04 PM

Old Post 02-26-2013 05:58 PM
wbond is offline Click Here to See the Profile for wbond Click here to Send wbond a Private Message Click Here to Email wbond Find more posts by wbond Add wbond to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ken johnson
UKC Forum Member

Smile ha ha

From the sound of it ....looks like I'm fixing to get a lesson on coonhuntin (mountain) style..I'm ready...we will see if my dog is..

Old Post 02-26-2013 06:29 PM
ken johnson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ken johnson Click here to Send ken johnson a Private Message Click Here to Email ken johnson Find more posts by ken johnson Add ken johnson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
wbond
UKC Forum Member

Oh yea you had better make sure your other half knows you can not check in cell phones have no signal

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have"

Thomas Jefferson

"My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government."
Thomas Jefferson

Old Post 02-26-2013 06:46 PM
wbond is offline Click Here to See the Profile for wbond Click here to Send wbond a Private Message Click Here to Email wbond Find more posts by wbond Add wbond to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ken johnson
UKC Forum Member

????

How bout reception on garmin...do yall lose contact often..?

Old Post 02-26-2013 07:22 PM
dlinkous
UKC Forum Member

Re: ????

quote:
How bout reception on garmin...do yall lose contact often..?

at times but you keep climbing ridges to try and get signal...bad part is not a lot of driving around to them its mostly picking them up and putting them down if they get out of pocket or run something they shouldnt

watch Bond he will want you to bring a couple of double leads and that way he will "hollar" you out when you go get yours and HIS dogs..LOL

Old Post 02-26-2013 07:30 PM
dlinkous is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dlinkous Click here to Send dlinkous a Private Message Find more posts by dlinkous Add dlinkous to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ken johnson
UKC Forum Member

ok..

Well ...I'm used to walkin..but not up n down mountains....sounds good. I will help wendell catch his dogs..ha ha..

Old Post 02-26-2013 07:56 PM
OUTLAW REDBONE
UKC Forum Member

I will stay with Wendell, we have bears...hehehehe.

Cecil "Buck" Ratliff

Dublin, Virginia
(540) 641-1623

CLICK HERE TO EMAIL ME

Click Here To Visit Web Site

Home of:

GRNITECH GRCH T-TOP DARK TIMBER MOOSE.....CO-OWNER Tom Solberg
GRNITCH L'S DARK TIMBER WENDY.....CO-OWNER Richard Lambert
NITECH GRCH DARK TIMBER RED ANGUS <AKA> DA BULL CO OWNER Jeremy Erho
'PR' SOGGY BOTTOM DARK TMBER ADDY CO-OWNER Pastor MIke
'PR' RATLIFF'S DARK TIMBER BO

R.I.P
GRNITECH GRCH RATLIFF'S OUTLAW DIXIE
GRNITECH GRCH PKC Bronze Ch RATLIFF'S OUTLAW PL RED PENNY
GRNITECH CH SOGGY BOTTOM RAZOR'S LIVE WIRE (DAISY)
GRNITECH GRCH PKC Bronze Ch LONG TALL SALLY
NITECH RATLIFF'S T-TOP DARK TIMBER SPOOK
NITECH CH RATLIFF'S DARK TIMBER HERNIE

A Proud Member of The Virginia Cartel and Virginia Coalition for Procyon Lotor Management & Control

The Few, the Proud, the Graduates of Raven's School of Shooting

Old Post 02-26-2013 08:35 PM
OUTLAW REDBONE is offline Click Here to See the Profile for OUTLAW REDBONE Click here to Send OUTLAW REDBONE a Private Message Visit OUTLAW REDBONE's homepage! Find more posts by OUTLAW REDBONE Add OUTLAW REDBONE to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
wbond
UKC Forum Member

There is a reason mine are tone broke

See waders will just drown ya

But King Richard is in charge of the bed warmers

Thomas Jefferson

Thomas Jefferson

Old Post 02-26-2013 09:20 PM
ken johnson
UKC Forum Member

wow..

Bears huh... My dog has ran armadillos..Mr.greenswitch broke him off that...ocassionally he gets on a fast mover..not sure if its deer,or coyote... It seems he does this when coon aren't on the ground..has only done it a couple times...not sure what he may do with a bear track..I had him down in south ga...near Fla ..about a month ago...hogs were everywhere.. he payed them no mind..I was sure he would run one...and then he treed ..with Mr.ringtail...so ..I will see what he does in them mountains..

Old Post 02-26-2013 09:29 PM
bbbuckbuster
UKC Forum Member

Oh boy it wont be long now. We will be sitting by the fire eating steak and shrimp with some apple pie for dessert, waiting on it to get dark. If we run out of steak we can always go across the mountain and get a buffalo or two. So just how many redbones will be there???? I am bringing 3. Two for me and one for Andy. How many Moose, Haze, and Spook pups will be there? My goodness talk about a family portrait.

GRNITECH GRCH 'PR' Bunch's Maroon Effect Autumn HTX
NITECH CH 'PR' Maroon Effect Beamer

Old Post 02-26-2013 10:10 PM
bbbuckbuster is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bbbuckbuster Click here to Send bbbuckbuster a Private Message Find more posts by bbbuckbuster Add bbbuckbuster to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ken johnson
UKC Forum Member

Smile steak n shrimp

Hope everyone will like steak n shrimp kabobs..with red..green ,yellow bell pepper...cajun sausage..onions ....lol...

Old Post 02-26-2013 10:32 PM
OUTLAW REDBONE
UKC Forum Member

I Love My Gun !

Cecil "Buck" Ratliff

Dublin, Virginia
(540) 641-1623

CLICK HERE TO EMAIL ME

Home of:

R.I.P

A Proud Member of The Virginia Cartel and Virginia Coalition for Procyon Lotor Management & Control

Old Post 02-26-2013 10:46 PM
OUTLAW REDBONE is offline Click Here to See the Profile for OUTLAW REDBONE Click here to Send OUTLAW REDBONE a Private Message Visit OUTLAW REDBONE's homepage! Find more posts by OUTLAW REDBONE Add OUTLAW REDBONE to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dlinkous
UKC Forum Member

Re: steak n shrimp

quote:
Hope everyone will like steak n shrimp kabobs..with red..green ,yellow bell pepper...cajun sausage..onions ....lol...

dude you want to feed this bunch cajun sausage, onions and peppers then sleep in the same cabin with them...are you insane????

think man think!

Old Post 02-26-2013 11:51 PM
dlinkous is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dlinkous Click here to Send dlinkous a Private Message Find more posts by dlinkous Add dlinkous to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
OUTLAW REDBONE
UKC Forum Member

Re: Re: steak n shrimp

quote:
Originally posted by dlinkous
dude you want to feed this bunch cajun sausage, onions and peppers then sleep in the same cabin with them...are you insane????

think man think!

No Problem..........

Cecil "Buck" Ratliff

Dublin, Virginia
(540) 641-1623

CLICK HERE TO EMAIL ME

Home of:

R.I.P

Old Post 02-26-2013 11:53 PM
ken johnson
UKC Forum Member

Unhappy lol..

Well...they will be required to consume 2 gas x pills..before bed time ..lol..

Old Post 02-27-2013 12:05 AM
OUTLAW REDBONE
UKC Forum Member

Bed Time

What bed time.......we hunt all night and rest in the day.

Cecil "Buck" Ratliff

Dublin, Virginia
(540) 641-1623

CLICK HERE TO EMAIL ME

Home of:

R.I.P

Old Post 02-27-2013 12:13 AM
OUTLAW REDBONE
UKC Forum Member

OK

I may catch a nap in the truck but that does not count.........

Cecil "Buck" Ratliff

Dublin, Virginia
(540) 641-1623

CLICK HERE TO EMAIL ME

Home of:

R.I.P

Old Post 02-27-2013 12:15 AM
ken johnson
UKC Forum Member

Talking no worries...

All the gas will be expelled on the mountain side..no meds needed..

Old Post 02-27-2013 12:24 AM
wbond
UKC Forum Member

Talking

I am with you Buck the real hunters will in the woods or napping in the truck not back at the cabin with the bed warmers

Thomas Jefferson

Thomas Jefferson

Old Post 02-27-2013 12:46 AM
ken johnson
UKC Forum Member

rain is gone..

2 hours from now I will turn loose in the swamp...moon is full ,but hidden by heavy cloud cover tho...maybe,just maybe..we can put one up..

Old Post 02-27-2013 01:33 AM
wbond
UKC Forum Member

Well what happened ?????

Thomas Jefferson

Thomas Jefferson

Old Post 02-27-2013 06:33 PM
ken johnson
UKC Forum Member

Question treed..

Dog went 800 yrds ..located...treed...but ,not without a hitch...got to him,and he was bounceing off two different trees...the tree he was on did not hold the coon...he would get off of it and go to tree with the coon..then back to empty tree...I leashed him at tree that had coon..20 feet away and knocked it out to him....did I make a mistake...???

Old Post 02-27-2013 06:45 PM
wbond
UKC Forum Member

In the art of training dogs who knows for sure we all use different training methods the over night Wilber ran one to a tree I walked in close to were he was at in the full moonlight you could see the coon even when he was all over the tree smelling up it I waited to see if he would bark he never did and I let it there

Thomas Jefferson

Thomas Jefferson

Old Post 02-27-2013 06:58 PM
ken johnson
UKC Forum Member

I started to leave the coon..leash my dog ..and move on.because he didn't do it right...I really didn't know what to do...I've only been doing this kind of hunting 2 yrs now..99.9% of it is just me and one dog..I'm sure I will learn more in 2 days from the cartel...than I know now....!

Old Post 02-27-2013 08:22 PM