UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Big calves and boots
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
fatherof4
UKC Forum Member

Big calves and boots

Ok folks, I know there are tons of boots questions but mine is a little different. I have big calf muscles and that means crowded discomfort in boots. I just cut the above where the chap is sewn on the boot and go on but would like to know if anybody else has this problem. It would be nice to just slip on a pair of boots and go. Oh and that's another issue, I have very high arched feet as well and it is a chore to just simply get my feet in the boots. Anybody got any thoughts on brands for a guy like me?

Ch GrNiteCh. Ch. Ramey's Oakwood Woody
PR Ramey's Crockett Rose
NITECH CH PR Hardin-Williams Spider
PR Ramey's Lute

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 11-12-2018 12:42 AM
fatherof4 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for fatherof4 Click here to Send fatherof4 a Private Message Click Here to Email fatherof4 Find more posts by fatherof4 Add fatherof4 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Go to the Winter Classic and try them alli on. Or find a pair of boots you like and send them to Valley Creek and they will sew chaps on them.

Old Post 11-12-2018 01:10 AM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bubbasullivan
UKC Forum Member

Quattro makes a short boot with a chap that works well in this situation. I also have big calves and wear a size 15 in a boot. No issues with mine

Old Post 11-12-2018 01:13 AM
bubbasullivan is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bubbasullivan Click here to Send bubbasullivan a Private Message Click Here to Email bubbasullivan Find more posts by bubbasullivan Add bubbasullivan to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Huntnharris
UKC Forum Member

Quatro and Dryshod both are available in 13” boots. Getting a lot of good feedback on the Dryshod boot so far.

www.harrishoundsupply.net

Old Post 11-12-2018 02:11 AM
Huntnharris is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Huntnharris Click here to Send Huntnharris a Private Message Click Here to Email Huntnharris Visit Huntnharris's homepage! Find more posts by Huntnharris Add Huntnharris to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
coonbone
UKC Forum Member

Bekina boots are light, and work well with big calves, and high instep. Quatro boots are heavy, and work well with big calves, and high instep. I use the taller Quatro with no issues.

Old Post 11-12-2018 03:50 PM
coonbone is offline Click Here to See the Profile for coonbone Click here to Send coonbone a Private Message Find more posts by coonbone Add coonbone to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
John B.Dalton
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Richard Lambert
Go to the Winter Classic and try them alli on. Or find a pair of boots you like and send them to Valley Creek and they will sew chaps on them.
Thanks brother richard and that is actually the easiest thing to do..Find a boot that fits you and we can sew a custom chap for you..13 inch dryshod,13 inch quatro or if you dont hunt a lot of water find you a 11 inch wellington..

Old Post 11-12-2018 07:36 PM
John B.Dalton is offline Click Here to See the Profile for John B.Dalton Click here to Send John B.Dalton a Private Message Visit John B.Dalton's homepage! Find more posts by John B.Dalton Add John B.Dalton to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Chase214
UKC Forum Member

I have the same problem , I found out that if I get boots big enough so I can wear Bama socks there's plenty of room for my calves I got the bekina's

Old Post 11-13-2018 12:56 AM
Chase214 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Chase214 Click here to Send Chase214 a Private Message Click Here to Email Chase214 Find more posts by Chase214 Add Chase214 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote