UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Xxxl coon.
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
yadkintar
Banned

Xxxl coon.

I know what one is now. Me and Ralph and rooster treed one last night that I could hold it by its back foot at my waist and its nose was touching the ground biggest coon I ever seen.

Tar

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 11-02-2018 01:49 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Preacher Tom
UKC Forum Member

Tar did you weigh that coon? Curious as to what he weighed. Treed one here the other night that weighed 23 lbs which I know is not big in a lot of places but pretty good size for our coon here.

Old Post 11-02-2018 04:54 PM
Preacher Tom is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Preacher Tom Click here to Send Preacher Tom a Private Message Click Here to Email Preacher Tom Find more posts by Preacher Tom Add Preacher Tom to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

No we was a long ways from the truck. I am guessing in the mid twenties weight wise. Us three don't know how to post pictures so we didn't take any. Coon were really moving last night. Going again tonight.

Tar

Old Post 11-02-2018 05:01 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Preacher Tom
UKC Forum Member

My friend actually put a dog leash on this one and drug it to the truck. I would have left it. We're both nearly 70 so don't think either one of us could have carried it that far.

Old Post 11-02-2018 05:52 PM
Preacher Tom is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Preacher Tom Click here to Send Preacher Tom a Private Message Click Here to Email Preacher Tom Find more posts by Preacher Tom Add Preacher Tom to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Al Medcalf
UKC Forum Member

Ya'll leave coons in the woods? I bring mine out and clean them. The ones that we don't eat, other folks do.

Old Post 11-02-2018 06:38 PM
Al Medcalf is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Al Medcalf Click here to Send Al Medcalf a Private Message Click Here to Email Al Medcalf Find more posts by Al Medcalf Add Al Medcalf to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
HOBO
UKC Forum Member

The one Pride chewed on last night was xxxxxs

Ch.Swampmusic Lil Bit Sassy
Ch.Swampmusic Misty Shadow
Gr.Ch.Swampmusic Boone
Gr.Ch.Swampmusic Pride

But Looking To The Future...

Nt.Ch.Gr.Ch.Swampmusic Big Hoss

Dennis Robinson
Cell 540-295-3892

Old Post 11-02-2018 06:46 PM
HOBO is offline Click Here to See the Profile for HOBO Click here to Send HOBO a Private Message Click Here to Email HOBO Visit HOBO's homepage! Find more posts by HOBO Add HOBO to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
swamp1
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by Preacher Tom
Tar did you weigh that coon? Curious as to what he weighed. Treed one here the other night that weighed 23 lbs which I know is not big in a lot of places but pretty good size for our coon here.
Thats a whooper coon for the south. I've treed a few like them,in last few years. I treed one a few years ago, huge, biggest coon I ever seen in wild. My wife and Grandmother said he was big as dogs.

Old Post 11-02-2018 07:16 PM
swamp1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for swamp1 Click here to Send swamp1 a Private Message Find more posts by swamp1 Add swamp1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
swamp1
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by Al Medcalf
Ya'll leave coons in the woods? I bring mine out and clean them. The ones that we don't eat, other folks do.
I don't leave them. However, I leave alot of them in trees. Just can't see the reason for shooting them out after dog has done its job. Give them a treat and go tree another one.

Old Post 11-02-2018 07:23 PM
swamp1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for swamp1 Click here to Send swamp1 a Private Message Find more posts by swamp1 Add swamp1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by HOBO
The one Pride chewed on last night was xxxxxs

Is it just me but used to when I hit them I would hear the bullet thump. I thought I missed and out he come last several have been the same must be my ears.

Tar

Old Post 11-02-2018 07:26 PM
yadkinriver
UKC Forum Member

Tar you're old and your hearing ain't what it used to be. lol
Might be you're a better shot than what you used to be. A head shot don't make the same thump that a gut shot makes.

Old Post 11-02-2018 08:05 PM
yadkinriver is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkinriver Click here to Send yadkinriver a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkinriver Visit yadkinriver's homepage! Find more posts by yadkinriver Add yadkinriver to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
HOBO
UKC Forum Member

Sometimes I hear it sometimes i don’t

Ch.Swampmusic Lil Bit Sassy
Ch.Swampmusic Misty Shadow
Gr.Ch.Swampmusic Boone
Gr.Ch.Swampmusic Pride

But Looking To The Future...

Nt.Ch.Gr.Ch.Swampmusic Big Hoss

Dennis Robinson
Cell 540-295-3892

Old Post 11-02-2018 08:25 PM
HOBO is offline Click Here to See the Profile for HOBO Click here to Send HOBO a Private Message Click Here to Email HOBO Visit HOBO's homepage! Find more posts by HOBO Add HOBO to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jkidd1
UKC Forum Member

Killed these here in Central Indiana when I was in high school. They was all killed in the same section same night all singles and hides were worth something. My biggest so far.

JEREMY KIDD
765-520-1552

*females*
GRNITECH' JR'S JANEY
(Xjr X Insane Jane)

GRNITECH ST. JOHN'S STYLISH REX
(Ol south stylish Rebel X Janey)

GRNITECH' AFTER DARK'S JAN-IT
(Sweat It X Janey)

DUAL GRNITE' LONETREE LEGEND (R.I.P.)
(Noct. Style X Southern Sky)

GRNITECH' STYLISH LITTLE PEG(R.I.P.)
(Trackman X Browns Little Peg)

GRNITECH 'PR' JANEY'S GOTTA GUN
(Wild Card X Jr's Janey)

NITECH ‘PR’ REBELS STYLISH MOJA
(Ol Souths Stylish Rebel X Janey)

AFTER DARK’S PURDY PENNY
(Big $$ X Janit)

NITECH' SEVEN MILE SLOOPY(R.I.P.)
(Skipper x Big time Trixie)

Proud UNION JOURNEYMAN LINEMAN
https://i.postimg.cc/654pWfzm/IMG-1920.png
I.B.E.W. LOCAL 1393

Old Post 11-02-2018 10:08 PM
jkidd1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jkidd1 Click here to Send jkidd1 a Private Message Click Here to Email jkidd1 Find more posts by jkidd1 Add jkidd1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
groworg1
UKC Forum Member

local ( towanda pa.)big coon contest winner last night 27.3 lbs

Old Post 11-04-2018 12:36 PM
groworg1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for groworg1 Click here to Send groworg1 a Private Message Click Here to Email groworg1 Find more posts by groworg1 Add groworg1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkinriver
UKC Forum Member

[QUOTE]Originally posted by HOBO
[B]Sometimes I hear it sometimes i don’t

Hobo you gotta hit'em to hear it.

Tar congrats on finishing out your female last night.

Old Post 11-04-2018 03:24 PM
yadkinriver is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkinriver Click here to Send yadkinriver a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkinriver Visit yadkinriver's homepage! Find more posts by yadkinriver Add yadkinriver to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
RC-Abby
UKC Forum Member

2 Quetions on size

Mr. Tar: I read almost everything you post on here. I have learned a lot about you. I know you have a B S degree in coonhunting. And you are a great fisherman. Have seen you throw out all kinds of bait and reel in sucker after sucker on here. Anyway about this coon. If you are as tall as I am, a 10 pound coon will do that. If you are a tall man. how deep was the hole you were standing in. These things just come to my mind as I read your posts. Happy Hunting!! Keep the posts coming!

Old Post 11-04-2018 04:13 PM
RC-Abby is offline Click Here to See the Profile for RC-Abby Click here to Send RC-Abby a Private Message Find more posts by RC-Abby Add RC-Abby to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

Re: 2 Quetions on size

quote:
Originally posted by RC-Abby
Mr. Tar: I read almost everything you post on here. I have learned a lot about you. I know you have a B S degree in coonhunting. And you are a great fisherman. Have seen you throw out all kinds of bait and reel in sucker after sucker on here. Anyway about this coon. If you are as tall as I am, a 10 pound coon will do that. If you are a tall man. how deep was the hole you were standing in. These things just come to my mind as I read your posts. Happy Hunting!! Keep the posts coming!

Lol 5'9" but my belt line keeps getting closer to my ankles a my legs ain't doing what my brain is telling them to.

Tar

Old Post 11-04-2018 05:29 PM
Ricochet17
UKC Forum Member

Old Post 11-04-2018 11:59 PM
Ricochet17 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ricochet17 Click here to Send Ricochet17 a Private Message Find more posts by Ricochet17 Add Ricochet17 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ringtail
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Al Medcalf

X2....... I can't see taking it out of the tree, if you're not going to take it out of the woods.

Don't waste the meat.

I can always find someone around here who will take all wild game they can get.

"TREE MY DOG" - NO BETTER FEELING

NAADP Charter Member....... appointed by King Dave himself........

Old Post 11-06-2018 02:10 AM
ringtail is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ringtail Click here to Send ringtail a Private Message Click Here to Email ringtail Find more posts by ringtail Add ringtail to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CONRAD FRYAR
UKC Forum Member

My Buddies on the Ga/ S.Carolina line treed 2 last week one was 20 pounds and this one close to 25 pounds on Goverment land they are usually not that big in our neck of the woods.

"Life is short boys, Hunt an intelligent hound"

Born in sin, convicted by the Word, saved by Grace.

Old Post 11-07-2018 12:56 PM
CONRAD FRYAR is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CONRAD FRYAR Click here to Send CONRAD FRYAR a Private Message Click Here to Email CONRAD FRYAR Find more posts by CONRAD FRYAR Add CONRAD FRYAR to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by ringtail
.....Don't waste the meat. .

Y'all need to quit carrying them out. The coyotes and possums have to have something to eat. And if you don't knock them out, they will get too thick and disease will set in. It is called conservation. You have to control the population.

Last edited by Richard Lambert on 11-07-2018 at 01:13 PM

Old Post 11-07-2018 01:09 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
treedog69
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by CONRAD FRYAR
My Buddies on the Ga/ S.Carolina line treed 2 last week one was 20 pounds and this one close to 25 pounds on Goverment land they are usually not that big in our neck of the woods.

nice one Conrad is that hound spring creek bred?I've got a pic of a near 50 pound coon but I don't know how to post it..

Old Post 11-07-2018 02:11 PM
treedog69 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for treedog69 Click here to Send treedog69 a Private Message Find more posts by treedog69 Add treedog69 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Al Medcalf
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Richard Lambert
Y'all need to quit carrying them out. The coyotes and possums have to have something to eat. And if you don't knock them out, they will get too thick and disease will set in. It is called conservation. You have to control the population.

They are a game animal and they deserve the same respect as deer, turkeys, ducks and any others.

Old Post 11-07-2018 02:39 PM
Al Medcalf is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Al Medcalf Click here to Send Al Medcalf a Private Message Click Here to Email Al Medcalf Find more posts by Al Medcalf Add Al Medcalf to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

What about possums? Do I need to start respecting them and quit trying to run them over when I see one in the road?

Old Post 11-07-2018 08:28 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CONRAD FRYAR
UKC Forum Member

treedog69 he is Yadkin River Bred, Semen pup out of Merchants Tree Blaster.

"Life is short boys, Hunt an intelligent hound"

Born in sin, convicted by the Word, saved by Grace.

Old Post 11-07-2018 09:13 PM
CONRAD FRYAR is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CONRAD FRYAR Click here to Send CONRAD FRYAR a Private Message Click Here to Email CONRAD FRYAR Find more posts by CONRAD FRYAR Add CONRAD FRYAR to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Al Medcalf
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Richard Lambert
What about possums? Do I need to start respecting them and quit trying to run them over when I see one in the road?

Whatever floats your boat.

Old Post 11-07-2018 10:42 PM