UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Xxxl coon.
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
groworg1
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Richard Lambert
What about possums? Do I need to start respecting them and quit trying to run them over when I see one in the road?
possums eat ticks so if you like ticks keep running over them

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 11-07-2018 11:22 PM
groworg1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for groworg1 Click here to Send groworg1 a Private Message Click Here to Email groworg1 Find more posts by groworg1 Add groworg1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ringtail
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Richard Lambert
Y'all need to quit carrying them out. The coyotes and possums have to have something to eat. And if you don't knock them out, they will get too thick and disease will set in. It is called conservation. You have to control the population.

It's no different than shooting deer, cutting the antlers off and leaving the meat in a field. Is that conservation?

"TREE MY DOG" - NO BETTER FEELING

NAADP Charter Member....... appointed by King Dave himself........

Old Post 11-08-2018 03:43 AM
ringtail is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ringtail Click here to Send ringtail a Private Message Click Here to Email ringtail Find more posts by ringtail Add ringtail to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
treedog69
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by CONRAD FRYAR
treedog69 he is Yadkin River Bred, Semen pup out of Merchants Tree Blaster.
he sure is a good looking dude...does he have a real cold nose? There's a guy out here that has tree blaster line bred hounds I've tried to try one out a few times but can't seem to get on the boat lol

Old Post 11-08-2018 04:32 AM
treedog69 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for treedog69 Click here to Send treedog69 a Private Message Find more posts by treedog69 Add treedog69 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Al Medcalf
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by ringtail
It's no different than shooting deer, cutting the antlers off and leaving the meat in a field. Is that conservation?

THANK YOU Mr. Ringtail!

Old Post 11-08-2018 05:04 AM
Al Medcalf is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Al Medcalf Click here to Send Al Medcalf a Private Message Click Here to Email Al Medcalf Find more posts by Al Medcalf Add Al Medcalf to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
swamp1
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by Al Medcalf
They are a game animal and they deserve the same respect as deer, turkeys, ducks and any others.
X2, won't have to worry about the deer here in eastern NC in few years. Coyotes will see to that . Their eating everything that moves.

Old Post 11-08-2018 05:16 AM
swamp1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for swamp1 Click here to Send swamp1 a Private Message Find more posts by swamp1 Add swamp1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Al Medcalf
UKC Forum Member

I caught this one last night. 16 1/2 lb. 3 legged boar. Big coon for my part of the country. Yep, I toted him out, cleaned him and put him in the freezer.

Old Post 11-08-2018 05:18 AM
Al Medcalf is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Al Medcalf Click here to Send Al Medcalf a Private Message Click Here to Email Al Medcalf Find more posts by Al Medcalf Add Al Medcalf to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
swamp1
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by groworg1
possums eat ticks so if you like ticks keep running over them
Yea! Hey, leave them opp's alone, they help win hunts.

Old Post 11-08-2018 05:20 AM
swamp1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for swamp1 Click here to Send swamp1 a Private Message Find more posts by swamp1 Add swamp1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
treedog69
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by CONRAD FRYAR
treedog69 he is Yadkin River Bred, Semen pup out of Merchants Tree Blaster.
he sure is a good looking dude...does he have a real cold nose? There's a guy out here that has tree blaster line bred hounds I've tried to try one out a few times but can't seem to get on the boat lol

Old Post 11-08-2018 05:58 AM
treedog69 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for treedog69 Click here to Send treedog69 a Private Message Find more posts by treedog69 Add treedog69 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Country AintBad
UKC Forum Member

Tar u from GA

Old Post 11-13-2018 07:04 PM
Country AintBad is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Country AintBad Click here to Send Country AintBad a Private Message Find more posts by Country AintBad Add Country AintBad to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

Marietta Oklahoma.

Tar

Old Post 11-13-2018 07:19 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkinriver
UKC Forum Member

But he's documented!

Old Post 11-14-2018 12:19 PM
yadkinriver is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkinriver Click here to Send yadkinriver a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkinriver Visit yadkinriver's homepage! Find more posts by yadkinriver Add yadkinriver to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MR.RATMAN
Banned

31.6 pound bobtail bore last night. My biggest coon since the 80's

PKC CH Byers Boogar Hollow D
( Mojo On Tap X Midnight Fly )

Old Post 11-14-2018 12:57 PM
MR.RATMAN is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MR.RATMAN Click here to Send MR.RATMAN a Private Message Click Here to Email MR.RATMAN Find more posts by MR.RATMAN Add MR.RATMAN to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Documented??? Is that the same as certified? Does he have "papers" from a psychiatrist? I think that "documented" means something different in Tennessee than it does in Texas.

Last edited by Richard Lambert on 11-14-2018 at 02:09 PM

Old Post 11-14-2018 01:52 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

I am purple ribbon bred. And DNA'd.

Tar

Old Post 11-14-2018 02:11 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CHEWBACH
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by yadkintar
Is it just me but used to when I hit them I would hear the bullet thump. I thought I missed and out he come last several have been the same must be my ears.

Tar

along with hearing aids you also need glasses also.

Old Post 11-14-2018 03:10 PM
CHEWBACH is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CHEWBACH Click here to Send CHEWBACH a Private Message Find more posts by CHEWBACH Add CHEWBACH to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkinriver
UKC Forum Member

Dang Tar sounds like it's your day in the barrel.
Don't be concerned about Richard. Everything means something different in Tennessee. Even "Redbone coonhound".

Old Post 11-14-2018 03:25 PM
yadkinriver is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkinriver Click here to Send yadkinriver a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkinriver Visit yadkinriver's homepage! Find more posts by yadkinriver Add yadkinriver to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Mr River, would you like to change places with Tarbaby? Or I wonder if that barrel is big enough for 2 people?

Old Post 11-14-2018 03:37 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

Ain't bothering me got a fresh pot of coffee and a chair by the fire rooster retires in 9 days me and him and Ralph went last night we can hunt long as we want as many nights as we want deer rifle season next week after that it on like donkey kong jack lol.

Life is good.

Tar

Old Post 11-14-2018 03:37 PM
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Tarbaby, it sounds like Chewy thinks that you are too old with bad hearing and bad eyes. But don't worry, your mind is still sharp as a tack and that is what matters. You can buy glasses and hearing aids. You can even get artificial knees and hips. But when your mind goes there is nothing that you can do.

Old Post 11-14-2018 03:55 PM
yadkinriver
UKC Forum Member

Sorry Richard it's a little barrel. Did you just give Tar a compliment? May be hope for you yet.
Something I learned from you, give a man a free shot and he might take it.

Old Post 11-14-2018 05:18 PM
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Some people seem to be begging for it. I just can't help it. I don't want to disappoint them. I am that kind of a guy.

Old Post 11-14-2018 06:33 PM