UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Breeds > Treeing Walkers > Check Out this Old Pedigree :)
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
CONRAD FRYAR
UKC Forum Member

Check Out this Old Pedigree :)

This is Tree Blasters pedigree look closely at how many times he has Johnsons Banjo, Houses Chief and Sailor blood on both sides and nearly all the beggining World Champs, pretty cool.

"Life is short boys, Hunt an intelligent hound"

Born in sin, convicted by the Word, saved by Grace.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 11-14-2017 12:09 PM
CONRAD FRYAR is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CONRAD FRYAR Click here to Send CONRAD FRYAR a Private Message Click Here to Email CONRAD FRYAR Find more posts by CONRAD FRYAR Add CONRAD FRYAR to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

I like the sailor blood I think that's what made jeff reproduce track dogs.

Old Post 11-14-2017 12:15 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CONRAD FRYAR
UKC Forum Member

Yadkintar, When i look at this pedigree it is neat to look how much Sailor Boy(hershberger) Finley River Chief, Houses Chief Johnsons Banjo and Banjo 2 and River Bend Flag blood runs thru this bloodline. And how they line bred on these certain Hounds.
Then you have the females: Tuts Tillie, Wrights Sue, Shives Goldhill Lou and Queen.Tar River Mindy, Hershbergers Kansas Rose, Houses Queen, Houses Candy,Houses Judy.

All of people did not know about Grntch,Guills Screaming Eagle
He was out of Hall of Fame Millers Little Joker x a Houses Chief Littermate.

Old Post 11-15-2017 11:54 AM
CONRAD FRYAR is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CONRAD FRYAR Click here to Send CONRAD FRYAR a Private Message Click Here to Email CONRAD FRYAR Find more posts by CONRAD FRYAR Add CONRAD FRYAR to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

Conrad hope we get to talk about this a little while before they move it lol. See I saw a lot of dogs that was out of jeff that were track driving machines but were deliberate on a bad track always going forward dogs like that you just don't go to many empty trees that blood does need to be rejuvenated anouther trait I have seen run in that blood they would be working a bad track and you could hear them when they got close to a coon ( not the one they were trailing ) they would split off and tree the first coon they come to but you could pull them off and they would go on and tree the one they started.

Tar

Old Post 11-15-2017 12:11 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CONRAD FRYAR
UKC Forum Member

Tar, i have noticed these out of Blaster when they get hung up on track, they don't bog down , they start out in swinging circles trying to pick track back up, i like that, ready to push.
Some would say that is the old fox dog in them

Old Post 11-15-2017 04:29 PM
yadkintar
Banned

As they get better at that they will start swinging out and catch a lot of coons on the ground. If a dog gets quiet and drifts the coon don't know how close they are to them.

Old Post 11-15-2017 07:25 PM
CONRAD FRYAR
UKC Forum Member

That is exactly how Mr.Jim Meeks told me Champ would do, said he would give mouth on track and as it heated up, he said if you listed good you would hear him cutting or "grunting" as he was turning up the heat, said he caught many on the ground in those swamps.

Old Post 11-15-2017 08:37 PM
nkuhl
UKC Forum Member

Sailor

I thought all the sailor blood was long gone. Best dogs I ever hunted behind were sailor breed. I'd love to get some of it going again.

Old Post 11-15-2017 11:00 PM
nkuhl is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nkuhl Click here to Send nkuhl a Private Message Click Here to Email nkuhl Find more posts by nkuhl Add nkuhl to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Chad Francis
UKC Forum Member

Tree Blaster

I like a little Tree Blaster but some of them had to much track plenty of speed not enough tree. They all had good to great mouths. Now Champ I love old Champ And I love old Sue.

Old Post 11-17-2017 04:30 AM
Chad Francis is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Chad Francis Click here to Send Chad Francis a Private Message Click Here to Email Chad Francis Find more posts by Chad Francis Add Chad Francis to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CONRAD FRYAR
UKC Forum Member

Chad you are right about track dogs, what allot of people do not understand is Blaster is bred a little different than most Yadkin River Dogs, he is very heavy Sailor and Banjo blood.
The pups that i am raising are very heavy track minded, even more so than i would have thought
Which is exactly what i wanted to cross with my already track minded hounds. Accuracy is also very strong.
We have a young male right now that is on 21 straight without a miss. That makes me happy.

Old Post 11-09-2018 01:42 PM
Midnightghost
UKC Forum Member

Do you have seaman on blaster I take it. Have you been breeding a son out of him what kind of looking dog are they?

Old Post 11-09-2018 06:11 PM
Midnightghost is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Midnightghost Click here to Send Midnightghost a Private Message Click Here to Email Midnightghost Find more posts by Midnightghost Add Midnightghost to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CONRAD FRYAR
UKC Forum Member

Top is a male and bottom a female.

Old Post 11-09-2018 08:16 PM
Midnightghost
UKC Forum Member

You get a chance give me a call. 419-565-5309

Old Post 11-09-2018 08:20 PM
Midnightghost is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Midnightghost Click here to Send Midnightghost a Private Message Click Here to Email Midnightghost Find more posts by Midnightghost Add Midnightghost to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CONRAD FRYAR
UKC Forum Member

Rainy morning coon
Yadkin River Buck

https://youtu.be/sxJq7vHw21Y

Old Post 11-14-2018 12:42 PM