UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Sportsmanship At Oaks!!
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
seth isch
UKC Forum Member

Sportsmanship At Oaks!!

I got beat at oaks on Friday night but it was one of the best casts of guys I’ve ever drawn!! Very very laid back and a real pleasure cast. We seen 26 coon and scored on 7. My daughter guided a cast Saturday night and I walked along. Same exact thing on Saturday night!! Very very laid back cast of guys!! They scored on 8 and seen 23. We always hear so much negative on the hunts. It was great to be a part of two casts that were the way they are supposed to be. Seth

——————————————————
GRNTCH RED RUBY HARDTIME JAKE
GRNTCH PKC CH BIG HOLLOW AWESOME LEXUS
GRNTCH HARDTIME HADDIE
CH PR HIGH VOLTAGE ROCKSY

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 09-02-2019 05:20 PM
seth isch is offline Click Here to See the Profile for seth isch Click here to Send seth isch a Private Message Click Here to Email seth isch Find more posts by seth isch Add seth isch to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Doug__Adams
UKC Forum Member

Good to hear Seth.. I dont hit many but Ive only had one crazy nut on the last 4-5 casts Ive been on.. Sure makes for a better night if everyone acts like adults

Call/text anytime!

Check us out on Facebook
Treacle Creek Kennels And Hunting Supply
https://treaclecreekhuntingsupply.com

Old Post 09-02-2019 05:43 PM
Doug__Adams is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Doug__Adams Click here to Send Doug__Adams a Private Message Click Here to Email Doug__Adams Find more posts by Doug__Adams Add Doug__Adams to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
joey
UKC Forum Member

Re: Sportsmanship At Oaks!!

quote:
Originally posted by seth isch
I got beat at oaks on Friday night but it was one of the best casts of guys I’ve ever drawn!! Very very laid back and a real pleasure cast. We seen 26 coon and scored on 7. My daughter guided a cast Saturday night and I walked along. Same exact thing on Saturday night!! Very very laid back cast of guys!! They scored on 8 and seen 23. We always hear so much negative on the hunts. It was great to be a part of two casts that were the way they are supposed to be. Seth

Glad to hear it. A lot of guys that always have nightmare cast need to look and see what guy is always in their cast.

http://www.sunspotlights.com/
When brightness matters!!

Home Of:
PKC Ch, Grch Grnch 2008 Tx state champion They call me Crazy Betty

PKC SCh CH Grnch They call me Howler too

Old Post 09-02-2019 10:11 PM
joey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for joey Click here to Send joey a Private Message Find more posts by joey Add joey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jkidd1
UKC Forum Member

Same thing with me on my Grnite cast Saturday, very laid back and a pleasure to judge the cast. I got beat and the cast winner made the Grand 16, had good cast all week even in the slam hunts. Another awesome week at AO.

JEREMY KIDD
765-520-1552

*females*
GRNITECH' JR'S JANEY
(Xjr X Insane Jane)

GRNITECH ST. JOHN'S STYLISH REX
(Ol south stylish Rebel X Janey)

GRNITECH' AFTER DARK'S JAN-IT
(Sweat It X Janey)

DUAL GRNITE' LONETREE LEGEND (R.I.P.)
(Noct. Style X Southern Sky)

GRNITECH' STYLISH LITTLE PEG(R.I.P.)
(Trackman X Browns Little Peg)

GRNITECH 'PR' JANEY'S GOTTA GUN
(Wild Card X Jr's Janey)

NITECH ‘PR’ REBELS STYLISH MOJA
(Ol Souths Stylish Rebel X Janey)

AFTER DARK’S PURDY PENNY
(Big $$ X Janit)

NITECH' SEVEN MILE SLOOPY(R.I.P.)
(Skipper x Big time Trixie)

Proud UNION JOURNEYMAN LINEMAN
https://i.postimg.cc/654pWfzm/IMG-1920.png
I.B.E.W. LOCAL 1393

Old Post 09-02-2019 10:34 PM
jkidd1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jkidd1 Click here to Send jkidd1 a Private Message Click Here to Email jkidd1 Find more posts by jkidd1 Add jkidd1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

jkidd

I believe every cast you enter turns out good, you are just a very nice guy that lets the dogs do the talking. Now everyone could have those kind of casts if they would just let the dogs do the talking. Leave the slick handling at home, may the best dog win. Have fun hunting. Dave

Old Post 09-03-2019 12:29 AM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Team Mafia 2
UKC Forum Member

I hunted 5 cast this week From the slams all the way through the final cast I hunted with first class guys. 0 arguments 0 questions. Everyone handled themselves like gentlemen and called there dogs for what the did.

Dalton Cummings
918-533-6545

Old Post 09-03-2019 02:53 AM
Team Mafia 2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Team Mafia 2 Click here to Send Team Mafia 2 a Private Message Click Here to Email Team Mafia 2 Find more posts by Team Mafia 2 Add Team Mafia 2 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Dalton Cummings

You and jkidd are the future of our sport and it makes me very happy to see you young guys acting with Class and letting the dogs do the talking. Keep up the good work, I hope to see you both many times in the Winners Circle. Dave

Old Post 09-03-2019 03:48 AM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sleepy head
UKC Forum Member

quote:

We satellited out of the convoy club Sat, I was disappointed we had to drive so far at first but once we got there, started hanging out and visiting with others we were glad we got sent. Got beat but had a great cast, good guide and am putting your club on my list of clubs to travel to local hunts next year. Thanks, your club helped make AO a fun time

Old Post 09-03-2019 01:15 PM
sleepy head is offline Click Here to See the Profile for sleepy head Click here to Send sleepy head a Private Message Find more posts by sleepy head Add sleepy head to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bob Hennessey
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Justin Igger
me win Friday early me got bad juge late

You and me had the same problem, I didn't go to Oaks either. I only hunted late Friday night, Hunted alone, training a young pup I was the judge and was bad, dog couldn't finish track, lost it at about 400 yds. Only track she found . Dumb guide(myself) went out late coon moved early.
Tell us about your hunt, did you fall asleep in your recliner or did you watch the whole show?

How much longer will you be in rehab? Asking for a friend.

You can't fix STUPID!

Old Post 09-03-2019 02:51 PM
Bob Hennessey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bob Hennessey Click here to Send Bob Hennessey a Private Message Find more posts by Bob Hennessey Add Bob Hennessey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jkidd1
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Justin Igger
me win Friday early me got bad juge late

U AINT A BIT FUNNY PAL!!

JEREMY KIDD
765-520-1552

*females*
GRNITECH' JR'S JANEY
(Xjr X Insane Jane)

(Sweat It X Janey)

(Wild Card X Jr's Janey)

AFTER DARK’S PURDY PENNY
(Big $$ X Janit)

I.B.E.W. LOCAL 1393

Old Post 09-03-2019 04:16 PM
jkidd1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jkidd1 Click here to Send jkidd1 a Private Message Click Here to Email jkidd1 Find more posts by jkidd1 Add jkidd1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jkidd1
UKC Forum Member

Thanks Dave for the kind words, I like to win just like anyone else that goes. Treating others how you'd like to be treated goes a long ways, there's always gona be afew idiots out there, but as for all the cast I've been on the good out weighs the bad hands down.

JEREMY KIDD
765-520-1552

*females*
GRNITECH' JR'S JANEY
(Xjr X Insane Jane)

(Sweat It X Janey)

(Wild Card X Jr's Janey)

AFTER DARK’S PURDY PENNY
(Big $$ X Janit)

I.B.E.W. LOCAL 1393

Last edited by jkidd1 on 09-03-2019 at 04:26 PM

Old Post 09-03-2019 04:16 PM
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

jkidd

You are welcome, I just appreciate a man that wins with Class and loses with Class and you are definitely one that does both. I really hope that I can make it up your way some time, I would love to hunt with you. Dave

Old Post 09-03-2019 08:00 PM
sox12
UKC Forum Member

convoy club is a great club to hunt out of anytime

CH Nt. Ch.PR Wandering Red & RR Bucksaw (GRCHGRNTCH Raged Ridge Rip X Grand Nite Raged Ridge Toadie )
GRNTCH.GRCh.PR Steffes' Whizz Bang[GRNTCH Big Walnut BooneXGRNTCH Raged Ridge Toadie]
GRCH.Wandering Red Pepper
GRCH.Wandering Red Honeys Sweety Pie

RIP
GR.NT.CH.GR.CH.PR Steffes wandering Red Tinkerbell {GRCHGRNTCH Raged Ridge RipsawXGRNTCH Ragged Ridge Toadie]

Old Post 09-04-2019 12:18 AM
sox12 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for sox12 Click here to Send sox12 a Private Message Click Here to Email sox12 Find more posts by sox12 Add sox12 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
honalieh
UKC Forum Member

quote:

When you draw a cast full of good guys and good dogs, it makes for a great hunt, win or lose. The friendships you make will outlast the dogs!

The seeing 26 coon one night and 23 coon the next night sounds pretty impressive. I would love having woods like that to turn my pups into.

Old Post 09-04-2019 02:29 AM
honalieh is offline Click Here to See the Profile for honalieh Click here to Send honalieh a Private Message Click Here to Email honalieh Find more posts by honalieh Add honalieh to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
newport
UKC Forum Member

I agree with this also, kinda had a rough night Friday but still made the best of it. Saturday I judged one of the early rounds of the grand 16 and had a great group of guys then went out on the final cast and sportsmanship was definitely something that was on display with those guys. I believe that sportsmanship is becoming a normal thing and its great

Home of
PKC CH GRNITECH PR Newports Late Night Chill HTX
PR eel river rye
PR late night walker texas ranger (tex)
PR Big Walnuts Late Night Branch

proud member of The Deer Creek Cartel
Check out the deercreek cartel youtube channel at- youtube.com/c/thedeercreekcartel

BSKC founding member

matt newport

Old Post 09-04-2019 08:23 PM
newport is offline Click Here to See the Profile for newport Click here to Send newport a Private Message Click Here to Email newport Find more posts by newport Add newport to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Matt Newport

I hope you are right that sportsmanship becomes a common thing to the point where we don't have to mention it happening. I hope we all get to the point that the hunts are about who's got the best dog, at least that night in that cast. These hunts were always supposed to be about the best dog and not about the handler. Dave

Old Post 09-05-2019 04:45 AM
Rolin Blues
UKC Forum Member

Sportmanship @ AO

Would like to thank our guides, judges & other cast members that Madi hunted with on 3 casts @ AO. She didn't win with these young dogs, but had a great time trying to make her calls on what they were doing. She was very nervous handling 'new' dogs to her at such a big event, but is sure ready to come give it a try next year.

sleepy head, we were same way about long drive, but was glad we went there & had great young guide that knew how to put cast in the woods. Also, glad to have met you there for an enjoyable visit & be able to put a 'new face' with a name I was only familiar with on this computer. Take care, Ron.

Old Post 09-06-2019 08:21 AM
Rolin Blues is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rolin Blues Click here to Send Rolin Blues a Private Message Find more posts by Rolin Blues Add Rolin Blues to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Robert Johnson
UKC Forum Member

Convoy has always has great folks up there and its the place to be if you want to win it all. Seth's crews put you in coons up there.

I bet Izzy is a pistol guiding those casts. Either she is growing up, or I am just getting older. Seems like yesterday she was small.

Johnson Creek Kennels
home of:
UKC Grand Nite Champion "PR" Yadkin River Addkis. Deceased 12/11/2016 RIP

2009/2010/2011/2012 AKC GA. State Leader and Supreme Grand Nite Champion Yadkin River Addkis

2010 ACHA Georgia State Champion Grand Nite Champion Yadkin River Addkis

PKC Champion Yadkin River Addkis

Bright Eye Lights

Treeing Walkers

912-663-5287 cell (perfered)

Old Post 09-06-2019 06:33 PM
Robert Johnson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Robert Johnson Click here to Send Robert Johnson a Private Message Click Here to Email Robert Johnson Find more posts by Robert Johnson Add Robert Johnson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
G. JEFFERS
UKC Forum Member

Good Times

I haven’t hunted n a competition hunt in several years but reading all this about having a good time is making me consider going. I have a nice young dog right now that should’ve already been taken to town but have been hesitant. Win or lose I’m not into confrontation or drama. Thanks for the post it’s good to read about some positive hunts instead of all the conflict.

Jeffers' Bear Creek Big T (CH GRNITECH Goodsons Rowdy Bocephus X GRNITECH CH Koon Krossin Rambo’s Blue Gritts)

And always looking for a better one

Old Post 09-07-2019 03:19 PM
G. JEFFERS is offline Click Here to See the Profile for G. JEFFERS Click here to Send G. JEFFERS a Private Message Click Here to Email G. JEFFERS Find more posts by G. JEFFERS Add G. JEFFERS to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Greg Coots
UKC Forum Member

I think it's great to see how everyone got along so well at Autumn Oaks BUT I'm curious to see what kind of posts we get right after that $200,000 hunt. UKC is about to open the door to a whole different kind of handler than what some are used to. We will witness first hand how the root of all evil is the love of money.

Old Post 09-07-2019 03:56 PM
Greg Coots is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Greg Coots Click here to Send Greg Coots a Private Message Click Here to Email Greg Coots Find more posts by Greg Coots Add Greg Coots to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rolin Blues
UKC Forum Member

Greg

Nothing to worry about. Any of you that think the 'big money' that is coming is going to bring out the ' big bad guys' as handlers a full of it. Plenty of GOOD judges will be available to handle these casts. If any of you have a trouble maker on cast that tries to dominate everyone from having an enjoyable time, just tell him " Shut up, Strike & tree your dog or you will be scratched for your conduct & sent to truck". End of subject. Don't come back on here to further discuss this issue on this post, just start a new post.

Everyone on Madis' casts showed that they were very knowledgeable about rules & was there to let best dog win. Thanks to everyone for that & for putting us is good hunting territory on all 4 casts. Daily, cast members from previous night, would come up to her & ask where she was headed for the next cast & wish her luck on getting a cast win & wish her luck. Conduct like that is what will keep youth coming back to hunts. Thanks for all SPORTSMANSHIP shown to everyone while we were there. Take care, Ron.

Old Post 09-07-2019 06:09 PM
Rolin Blues is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rolin Blues Click here to Send Rolin Blues a Private Message Find more posts by Rolin Blues Add Rolin Blues to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Ron

Excellent post, we don't need any negative comments clouding what WAS Sportsmanship at a high level in most Casts at Autumn Oaks. It was an example of how ALL hunts should be, my hats off to all those who made this happen. As some posters have indicated, it MAKES one want to attend these hunts and that's what WE need. Dave

Old Post 09-07-2019 08:14 PM