UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Just a question for the old guys ?
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
D Brothers
UKC Forum Member

I know when we had 3 hr hunts, if your hound was in shape and you were in shape, after the first 2 hrs of the hunt was gone ,the 3rd hr would be yours, other hounds and handlers that weren't conditioned, couldn't take the hard hunting of the last hour.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 03-15-2019 03:17 AM
D Brothers is offline Click Here to See the Profile for D Brothers Click here to Send D Brothers a Private Message Click Here to Email D Brothers Find more posts by D Brothers Add D Brothers to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by redfeather
TarBone

More meat on the bone now lol.

Tar

Old Post 03-16-2019 12:42 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
pigsit
UKC Forum Member

Re: Hey Vic this ones for you !!

quote:
Originally posted by yadkintar
Utchmans blue locktite gene degrafied brought him in this country just pounded you coon after coon for the whole hunt treeing every coon he struck even layups and was a one bark pressure tree dog.

Tar

I hunted with Gene quite a bit, the Loctite dog was everything you said and more. He had the Rose female and I thought she was as good or better, she could tree any kind of coon and do it quick. I won the state hunt with the Newt dog when he was a two year old; he was a coon dog at ten months. Gene owned some great dogs, was fine man and a great hunter.

Dual GRNTCH Wendy
GRNTCH Cola
GrNtCH Honky Tonk Rock and Roll
Dual GRCH Bumper
Dual CH June
Dual CH Jill

Old Post 03-19-2019 02:44 PM
pigsit is offline Click Here to See the Profile for pigsit Click here to Send pigsit a Private Message Click Here to Email pigsit Find more posts by pigsit Add pigsit to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

The first time I hunted with locktite it was at cleburn tx we had a bluetick sectional thats when you had non hunting judges on champion cast I judged the grntch cast he just dominated the cast one female on the cast I hunted with all the time I did not think anything could beat her like that but he did !!

Tar

Old Post 03-19-2019 02:52 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
pigsit
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by joey
How common where they Tar?
just like now, they weren't common at all. I remember reading the stud ads in AC where dogs dominated casts every where you cut them; I remember too, drawing some of them at Ada or Walker Days and being disappointed, and hoping they had a bad night. I remember drawing a dog at the Lee Crawford about 1987-88 named Super Sonny; I believe he placed 4th and 8th at the ACHA and UKC World Hunts that year. Probably one of the nicest and most consistant hounds I ever say operate. His handler was top drawer, nice young guy that knew what his dog was doing. I was hunting a dog named LipperBoy who won the GRNT part at ADA to qualify, we treed coon all over those hills and ended up tied, and Sonny won the tie breaker.

Dual GRNTCH Wendy
GRNTCH Cola
Dual GRCH Bumper
Dual CH June
Dual CH Jill

Old Post 03-19-2019 03:00 PM
pigsit is offline Click Here to See the Profile for pigsit Click here to Send pigsit a Private Message Click Here to Email pigsit Find more posts by pigsit Add pigsit to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

Tom I judged a ntch cast Anthony greenwood was hunting a blue dog I don't remember his name had ball and wild man willy and Ramers Oklahoma woody he was the sire of gloss mountain magic. That blue dog didn't even know they was in the woods he was a coondawg.

Tar

Old Post 03-19-2019 03:20 PM
pigsit
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by yadkintar
Tom I judged a ntch cast Anthony greenwood was hunting a blue dog I don't remember his name had ball and wild man willy and Ramers Oklahoma woody he was the sire of gloss mountain magic. That blue dog didn't even know they was in the woods he was a coondawg.

Tar

I wonder if that was the dog Bill Terrell owned, he was out of Loctite, a nice young hound when I hunted with him. Anthony handled him for Bill all the way through GrNt.

Dual GRNTCH Wendy
GRNTCH Cola
Dual GRCH Bumper
Dual CH June
Dual CH Jill

Old Post 03-19-2019 03:33 PM
yadkintar
Banned

I think so tom I hunted with him 3 times he was the real deal ! The nite train dog of John days was nice too ! It was tradition at Ada for us to have a quart apiece of blue bell ice cream John nicknamed me ole blue bell lol.

Tar

Old Post 03-19-2019 03:54 PM
V. Cannon
UKC Forum Member

Terrells rebel

Old Post 03-19-2019 03:57 PM
V. Cannon is offline Click Here to See the Profile for V. Cannon Click here to Send V. Cannon a Private Message Find more posts by V. Cannon Add V. Cannon to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dbpro56
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by pigsit
just like now, they weren't common at all. I remember reading the stud ads in AC where dogs dominated casts every where you cut them; I remember too, drawing some of them at Ada or Walker Days and being disappointed, and hoping they had a bad night. I remember drawing a dog at the Lee Crawford about 1987-88 named Super Sonny; I believe he placed 4th and 8th at the ACHA and UKC World Hunts that year. Probably one of the nicest and most consistant hounds I ever say operate. His handler was top drawer, nice young guy that knew what his dog was doing. I was hunting a dog named LipperBoy who won the GRNT part at ADA to qualify, we treed coon all over those hills and ended up tied, and Sonny won the tie breaker.

Not sure if it's the same dog, but, Sid Stewart owned a really nice hound named Super Sonny!

Bruce Profitt

Old Post 03-19-2019 04:17 PM
dbpro56 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dbpro56 Click here to Send dbpro56 a Private Message Click Here to Email dbpro56 Find more posts by dbpro56 Add dbpro56 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
pigsit
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by V. Cannon
Terrells rebel
Yeah, that was the dog, they built a whole dynasty of hounds of him.

Dual GRNTCH Wendy
GRNTCH Cola
Dual GRCH Bumper
Dual CH June
Dual CH Jill

Old Post 03-20-2019 01:06 AM