UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Breeds > Treeing Walkers > the best competition walker hound ever?
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
RRILEY
UKC Forum Member

Any list of a top 2 - 3 without Bad Habits name on it was composed by someone living under a rock. Habit has hands down without a question been the most dominant competition hound in the past 25 years without any question and if the truth be known he's prob the greatest of all time. If he wasnt brought to an early death by car he would have set winning records that would prob be unbreakable. Their have been some great hounds in recent memory ( cracker, triple creek rat, Molly, thrasher, hard rock, moose just to name a few ) but their best wasn't equal to habits best. Nobody has any way to compare the hounds of the 70's and 80's ( Mac, pacman, dan, striker, and deamon to name a few more ) as it was a little different game then but I can promise you they weren't better. Who knows, maybe equal but surely not better than Habit.

Last edited by RRILEY on 04-02-2014 at 03:27 PM

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 04-02-2014 03:08 PM
RRILEY is offline Click Here to See the Profile for RRILEY Click here to Send RRILEY a Private Message Click Here to Email RRILEY Find more posts by RRILEY Add RRILEY to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BLACKCREEKKENAL
UKC Forum Member

Didn't speck win dual grand as a English and walker he was Finley river chief and red egle dick full litter mates

Old Post 04-04-2014 09:54 PM
BLACKCREEKKENAL is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BLACKCREEKKENAL Click here to Send BLACKCREEKKENAL a Private Message Click Here to Email BLACKCREEKKENAL Find more posts by BLACKCREEKKENAL Add BLACKCREEKKENAL to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mike fleming
UKC Forum Member

Habit was a bad dude.He came up here one night to a one hour hunt and treed 3 coon.Usually 1 coon will give you a cast win around here.

Old Post 04-06-2014 02:32 AM
mike fleming is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mike fleming Click here to Send mike fleming a Private Message Find more posts by mike fleming Add mike fleming to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
teamarkansas
Banned

That would be mundo billy.if I would have had the money to promote him,truley 1 in a million,he had the brains,the speed and I do mean speed,loved to compete,all who have ever hunted with him still do this day say they have never seen another like him.he beat some of the best of his time,back in the mid 90's.in the few bigger hunts he was put in.

Old Post 04-07-2014 07:24 AM
teamarkansas is offline Click Here to See the Profile for teamarkansas Click here to Send teamarkansas a Private Message Click Here to Email teamarkansas Find more posts by teamarkansas Add teamarkansas to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
teamarkansas
Banned

Re: Top

quote:
Originally posted by BLACKCREEKKENAL
Didn't speck win dual grand as a English and walker he was Finley river chief and red egle dick full litter mates
Hard time speck was a grand night walker dog finely river bred,they single registered him as English and had to grand him out again.and pac man came from Leroy penny he was my neighbor for years,he was an English man,but he had pac man when he was 6 months old he sold him to beller is what Leroy told me.he was a good 1 and throwed some fine hounds as well.

Old Post 04-07-2014 07:32 AM
teamarkansas is offline Click Here to See the Profile for teamarkansas Click here to Send teamarkansas a Private Message Click Here to Email teamarkansas Find more posts by teamarkansas Add teamarkansas to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dbpro56
UKC Forum Member

[QUOTE]Originally posted by mike shannon
[B]Hillbilly Mac, he traveled across the US and hunted a challenge hunt lost once went back next night and won. Plus he won the World!!! UKC AND PKC WORLD HUNTS....

I think it would be great to have those challenge hunts, as long as it would be kept in a professional and gentlemen's hunt! Make it agreeable on how much cash, if any, would be involved. Hunt em in a home and home type of situation, and cut em 3 or 4 times, and then let the bragging begin! Head to head, 1 on 1. You would have to be confident on your hound, to take on this challenge!

Bruce Profitt

Old Post 04-11-2014 08:21 PM
dbpro56 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dbpro56 Click here to Send dbpro56 a Private Message Click Here to Email dbpro56 Find more posts by dbpro56 Add dbpro56 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jordan120
UKC Forum Member

You gotta throw hardwood Dan in the picture I think it's his name won the purina race a few times if I'm not mistaking

**Home Of**

PR Money's Little Rain
Nitech PR The Midnight Joker

Jordan Maynard
304-385-4266 --Home
304-784-2091 --Cell

Richard Maynard
304-272-3338 --Home
304-784-7551 --Cell

**Call us anytime if you have a question**

**RIP**
Grnitech Grch PR High Spirit Dan
~7-8-1999 to 10-6-2012~
PR Stylish Ruby[color=blue](Died with 2 UKC first)
PR WV'S High Power Aka FEFE (2008 WV State Champion)
(Died with 2 UKC first)

PR MY Fightin Side
(Died with a UKC 1st and 2nd)
~8-20-2007 to 12-7-2012~

Grnitech Grch PR Maynard's Nocturnal Nicki
10-1-2003 to 6-22-15

Old Post 04-12-2014 01:16 AM
Jordan120 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jordan120 Click here to Send Jordan120 a Private Message Click Here to Email Jordan120 Visit Jordan120's homepage! Find more posts by Jordan120 Add Jordan120 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
msinc
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by Jordan120
You gotta throw hardwood Dan in the picture I think it's his name won the purina race a few times if I'm not mistaking

He was definitely a fantastic coon dog. Whatever happened to Hardwood Dan??? Seems like you don't see him in many pedigrees or hear much about him.
In the list of dogs I would be interested to see how many of those dogs eventually go back to Johnson's Banjo.

Old Post 04-13-2014 09:03 PM
msinc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for msinc Click here to Send msinc a Private Message Click Here to Email msinc Find more posts by msinc Add msinc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jordan120
UKC Forum Member

I don't think I've ever seen a dog out of hardwood Dan either they didn't breed him none or he just didnt throw many pups

**Home Of**

PR Money's Little Rain
Nitech PR The Midnight Joker

Jordan Maynard
304-385-4266 --Home
304-784-2091 --Cell

Richard Maynard
304-272-3338 --Home
304-784-7551 --Cell

**Call us anytime if you have a question**

**RIP**
Grnitech Grch PR High Spirit Dan
~7-8-1999 to 10-6-2012~
PR Stylish Ruby[color=blue](Died with 2 UKC first)
PR WV'S High Power Aka FEFE (2008 WV State Champion)
(Died with 2 UKC first)

PR MY Fightin Side
(Died with a UKC 1st and 2nd)
~8-20-2007 to 12-7-2012~

Grnitech Grch PR Maynard's Nocturnal Nicki
10-1-2003 to 6-22-15

Old Post 04-13-2014 10:03 PM
Jordan120 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jordan120 Click here to Send Jordan120 a Private Message Click Here to Email Jordan120 Visit Jordan120's homepage! Find more posts by Jordan120 Add Jordan120 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
kordog
UKC Forum Member

its been awhile but i had a dog that was double bred with hardwood dan in 3 gen ped. that i think had 1200 or so pups under him at the time if memory serves. he was a decent dog for bear as far as good speed ,drive,heart,stay put on the wood good natured treedog with just a little grit to get tagged a little but not get hurt much on bear .things i didnt like were he started out a little slick when he was young which he outgrew with the help of a good start dog.he wasnt coldnosed,he was a mouthy pri@@ at home in the dogbox which i just could not break.just a dog that didnt suit me for breeding for what i needed ,but certainly helped tree some bear and he would stay there until i got there .

Old Post 04-14-2014 01:34 AM
kordog is offline Click Here to See the Profile for kordog Click here to Send kordog a Private Message Click Here to Email kordog Find more posts by kordog Add kordog to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
elvis
UKC Forum Member

pacman was in the final cast of 8 world hunts.

Old Post 04-14-2014 05:46 AM
elvis is offline Click Here to See the Profile for elvis Click here to Send elvis a Private Message Find more posts by elvis Add elvis to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Wes Coffman
UKC Forum Member

Marv,

How would the Handsome Harry dog have stacked up against Pac? I have heard a couple dog men I respect say he was the real deal.

Old Post 04-18-2014 02:58 AM
Wes Coffman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Wes Coffman Click here to Send Wes Coffman a Private Message Click Here to Email Wes Coffman Find more posts by Wes Coffman Add Wes Coffman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Paul Frederick
UKC Forum Member

Not a Walker man, but back when the PKC Nationals were in Flora for 10 or so years I guided some real top competition dogs. Hands down the best I ever saw was Bad Habit. I don't even know what year it was or who was handling him but he was a bad dude.

There is a little slew north of Clay City, IL in the bottoms where I always hunted. I'd say the slew is 20 foot wide at the widest and maybe 40 foot long. It's not big at all. Three dogs are running way off in the distance and Hab treed three around the edge of that slew and we looked at all of them. We'd walk a minute, cut him, and he'd wheel around and fall treed on the next coon. It was pretty amazing. He was all coondog by anybody's standards.

Also, Hard Time Speck made NITECH as a Walker dog and was transferred to being an English dog. Back then you could do that if you had a Walker or Bluetick who you wanted to transfer into the English breed. I think he was one of the last to do so. He got to keep him NITECH title and wins when he transferred and pedigree but lost his PR designation and got a new registration number.

Old Post 04-18-2014 01:58 PM
Paul Frederick is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Paul Frederick Click here to Send Paul Frederick a Private Message Click Here to Email Paul Frederick Find more posts by Paul Frederick Add Paul Frederick to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote