UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Facebook vs UKC Message Board.
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

Facebook vs UKC Message Board.

Seems like there is a big difference in the people and the hounds owned by the people that visit Facebook and those that visit here.

On Facebook, I see picture after picture of pups 4, 5 and six months old treed like an old dog. Owners talking about hunting them by themselves and treeing coon.

I come to this message board and I see post after post of people with year old and two year old dogs not barking at coon in a cage or not looking up a tree. Not going hunting or barking all day in the pen.

Could it be, giving a person a smart phone and computer skills also makes them a better judge of dogs? Does the competition for getting those pups pictures on Facebook treeing their own coon. Make someone train harder or smarter?
I don't know who is breeding all those dogs of Facebook but it sure appears to me. Some of the Breeders on here should call them for some tips.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 01-17-2019 12:52 PM
Bruce m. Conkey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bruce m. Conkey Click here to Send Bruce m. Conkey a Private Message Click Here to Email Bruce m. Conkey Visit Bruce m. Conkey's homepage! Find more posts by Bruce m. Conkey Add Bruce m. Conkey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dogwhisper
UKC Forum Member

Wow..... I don't believe what I'm reading I thought u were smarter than that Mr.Bruce... lol

Last edited by Dogwhisper on 01-17-2019 at 01:58 PM

Old Post 01-17-2019 01:55 PM
Dogwhisper is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dogwhisper Click here to Send Dogwhisper a Private Message Find more posts by Dogwhisper Add Dogwhisper to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Huntnharris
UKC Forum Member

Bruce, it’s the generation gap between the two and most of the Facebook people are hunting for the SS. It’s not the breeding, it’s the mind set of wanting it now. The sooner some of those guys can “win there $100” that same young 8-12 month old dog is for sale with a 4-5 digit price tag.

www.harrishoundsupply.net

Old Post 01-17-2019 02:02 PM
Huntnharris is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Huntnharris Click here to Send Huntnharris a Private Message Click Here to Email Huntnharris Visit Huntnharris's homepage! Find more posts by Huntnharris Add Huntnharris to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ItsOlMander
UKC Forum Member

i think the difference is what they post on FB is to put an image out to impress others- regardless of whether there is any truth to it

seems like people that come to this board are usually looking for help, or discussing something they see, so there has to be a little more truth to what they're putting out there to get an answer to resolve their issue or to get an opinion on a topic

- In Loving Memory of -
DEEP SPRINGS BLACK MAX
&
LEVIS SOUTHERN BLUE DOC

Old Post 01-17-2019 02:06 PM
ItsOlMander is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ItsOlMander Click here to Send ItsOlMander a Private Message Find more posts by ItsOlMander Add ItsOlMander to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TylerOSU
UKC Forum Member

Maybe

I'm probably considered one of the other generation do to the fact I'm younger than most everybody involved in coon hunting. I personally have a 7 month old that has split from the old dogs 3 times. My thought process is 1. Baby stakes. Yes to many it means nothing and its not much to me, but I'm going to be there anyways with a 1 year old so why not hunt her? 2. Dogs don't live long enough as it is, why waste valuable days of their lives sitting in a pen. If I didn't want hunt them ASAP I shouldn't have raised it.

Now on the other side of it I had an older gentleman call me and want me to try and sell one of his "pups". After I saw the papers and realized he turned 2 in August I determined that "pup" can be thrown around very easily. By 2 years old "pup" is out of the picture.

Team Mafia
2022 UKC World Champion
2019-2022 UKC World Qualifier
2019 Ok Prohunt Semi-finalist
2019 Spring SS Top 20
20,21, and 23 OK State PKC Champion
2020 Spring SS Top 7
2019-2023 PKC National Qualifier
2020-2023 TOC Qualifier
2020 UKC Top 100
2022 UKC Top 100
2023 JOY Super Hunt Champion
2022 UKC WORLDCH PKC PCH CH GRNTCH3 "Get Gone Jenna"
DOB- 9/30/2017

Old Post 01-17-2019 02:14 PM
TylerOSU is offline Click Here to See the Profile for TylerOSU Click here to Send TylerOSU a Private Message Click Here to Email TylerOSU Find more posts by TylerOSU Add TylerOSU to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

How many of those Baby Stakes winners go on to make coon dogs.
Bruce, those FB guys dont need to give us pointers on training. They need to give us pointers on how to take and edit pictures.

Old Post 01-17-2019 02:21 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TylerOSU
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Richard Lambert
How many of those Baby Stakes winners go on to make coon dogs.
Bruce, those FB guys dont need to give us pointers on training. They need to give us pointers on how to take and edit pictures.

That's a great question that I cant answer. She may never make anything more than a dud but we will see. Jason Daughterty won last fall and sold his, I wonder if hes still winning. I havnt paid much attention.

Team Mafia
2022 UKC World Champion
2019-2022 UKC World Qualifier
2019 Ok Prohunt Semi-finalist
2019 Spring SS Top 20
20,21, and 23 OK State PKC Champion
2020 Spring SS Top 7
2019-2023 PKC National Qualifier
2020-2023 TOC Qualifier
2020 UKC Top 100
2022 UKC Top 100
2023 JOY Super Hunt Champion
2022 UKC WORLDCH PKC PCH CH GRNTCH3 "Get Gone Jenna"
DOB- 9/30/2017

Old Post 01-17-2019 02:26 PM
TylerOSU is offline Click Here to See the Profile for TylerOSU Click here to Send TylerOSU a Private Message Click Here to Email TylerOSU Find more posts by TylerOSU Add TylerOSU to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Preacher Tom
UKC Forum Member

One thing I do know is that I can take a dog that is never going to make a coon dog and get pictures and videos that make him look really good. You just have to be sure you don't show all the bad things.

Old Post 01-17-2019 02:57 PM
Preacher Tom is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Preacher Tom Click here to Send Preacher Tom a Private Message Click Here to Email Preacher Tom Find more posts by Preacher Tom Add Preacher Tom to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
wjoey
Banned

The fact is that if your new and wanting correct answers to training a pup there is a lot more knowledge on here than Facebook, As far as your suggestion that they are smarter is a kick in the face to some of us that dont do Facebook. If you want to question my computer skills you may want to look around and find the websites that I have developed, You may also like to know that I wrote script for a long time until I got boarded with it , My IQ is off the charts in computer skills and coon hunting I'm bored with that too , I do however like a good argument and you have gotten me riled up this morning . if I were a moderator Id ban you for such a false statement Have a great day Bruce!!!

UKC PREFORMANCE SIRE Nt ch pkc ch BAM BAM The only one out of WORLD CH BIG D X GRNT SKIPPERS UMFORGIVEN SAIGE she has 21 pups 4nt ch 5 grnt ch thats 42.85%
He is a coon dog!
Nt ch ch Insane Minnie MouseInsane cain x Malden Branch Mouse

HOME OF 2 TIME AQHA HORSE OF THE YEAR
World champion working cow horse snaffle bit
SMART LITTLE LEGEND
ETCHA CHAMPION
HCHA CHAMPION
Top 16 NCHA WORLD Champion
Home of GHSRA All Around Cowboy Champion Chris wilbanks

Jerico Rebel our Movie star horse hes been in three films now 35 years old
Just passed away February 4th 2016

MY OLD DOGS GONE BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN
The one I will allways miss now deceased 01/09/2013
GR CH GRAND NT CH Handosme Trudy
SIRE PKC WLD CH GR NT WHATS UP DOC
DAM GR NT HUTCHINS SUGAR

GRCH GR NT CH COBBLER CREEK WENDY
GR NT STYLISH TUFF - WENDY X STYLISH LIPPER
GR NT STYLISH TACK - WENDY X STYLISH LIPPER

NT CH SOUTHERN STYLE - JP'S HIGH STYLE X HOUSES LADY

Old Post 01-17-2019 03:01 PM
wjoey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for wjoey Click here to Send wjoey a Private Message Find more posts by wjoey Add wjoey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Triple K Kennel
UKC Forum Member

Truth.....!!!

quote:
Originally posted by Preacher Tom
One thing I do know is that I can take a dog that is never going to make a coon dog and get pictures and videos that make him look really good. You just have to be sure you don't show all the bad things.

I will 2nd that.....😉
Tim

Quality, Dependable Coon Lights--Built by a Coonhunter for Coonhunters
==================================
** Superior Lights

** Sunspot Hunting Lights

** Zepp's--Quality Products

** Boss Lights

**Brighteyes Lights

** They Twist it until they start believing it themselves**

Purina Dog Food
** Proven Results **

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Competition Coonhunters and Politicians
** Win anyway you have to & tell everyone what they want to hear **

Old Post 01-17-2019 03:02 PM
Triple K Kennel is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Triple K Kennel Click here to Send Triple K Kennel a Private Message Find more posts by Triple K Kennel Add Triple K Kennel to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CHEWBACH
UKC Forum Member

Re: Facebook vs UKC Message Board.

quote:
Originally posted by Bruce m. Conkey
Seems like there is a big difference in the people and the hounds owned by the people that visit Facebook and those that visit here.

On Facebook, I see picture after picture of pups 4, 5 and six months old treed like an old dog. Owners talking about hunting them by themselves and treeing coon.

I come to this message board and I see post after post of people with year old and two year old dogs not barking at coon in a cage or not looking up a tree. Not going hunting or barking all day in the pen.

Could it be, giving a person a smart phone and computer skills also makes them a better judge of dogs? Does the competition for getting those pups pictures on Facebook treeing their own coon. Make someone train harder or smarter?
I don't know who is breeding all those dogs of Facebook but it sure appears to me. Some of the Breeders on here should call them for some tips.

True facts Bruce.. noticed most on this board has a one track mind. its there way they see things. not the smartest group around.

Old Post 01-17-2019 03:13 PM
CHEWBACH is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CHEWBACH Click here to Send CHEWBACH a Private Message Find more posts by CHEWBACH Add CHEWBACH to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ron Jackson
UKC Forum Member

Im not a young guy, just turned 60 today. That being said, it is very easy to post things on facebook as compared to UKC boards. As most on here know l do both. With the group pages and your home page everything is very easy. Its also kinda nice to get guick response on some things. Yes there are some maybe promoting things that may not be as they appear on facebook but that is up to us, me, you to sort through it all just as we have to do on here.

Old Post 01-17-2019 03:14 PM
Ron Jackson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ron Jackson Click here to Send Ron Jackson a Private Message Click Here to Email Ron Jackson Find more posts by Ron Jackson Add Ron Jackson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
wjoey
Banned

Re: Re: Facebook vs UKC Message Board.

quote:
Originally posted by CHEWBACH
True facts Bruce.. noticed most on this board has a one track mind. its there way they see things. not the smartest group around.
You hit the nail on the head when considering yourself and your group !!!!

UKC PREFORMANCE SIRE Nt ch pkc ch BAM BAM The only one out of WORLD CH BIG D X GRNT SKIPPERS UMFORGIVEN SAIGE she has 21 pups 4nt ch 5 grnt ch thats 42.85%
He is a coon dog!

SMART LITTLE LEGEND
ETCHA CHAMPION
HCHA CHAMPION

DAM GR NT HUTCHINS SUGAR

Old Post 01-17-2019 03:20 PM
wjoey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for wjoey Click here to Send wjoey a Private Message Find more posts by wjoey Add wjoey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

Sometimes I let my Fingers overload my intentions. I asked those questions in JIST so please don't think I am questioning anyones ability on this board. Just making an observation that I see differences. You determine if you see the same and if they are positive or negative towards any group.

If anyone on this board took it as me putting them down. I apologize. If I need to do it. Call me I will do that also.
I have a lot of Friends on this board and have met many of you at hunts around the country and look forward to being doing so in the future also.

Even if we have to visit Facebook once in a while to see how a hound should be trained. LOL

Old Post 01-17-2019 03:43 PM
Bruce m. Conkey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bruce m. Conkey Click here to Send Bruce m. Conkey a Private Message Click Here to Email Bruce m. Conkey Visit Bruce m. Conkey's homepage! Find more posts by Bruce m. Conkey Add Bruce m. Conkey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

Happy Birthday Ron and that's pretty young to me.

Old Post 01-17-2019 03:44 PM
CHEWBACH
UKC Forum Member

Re: Re: Re: Facebook vs UKC Message Board.

quote:
Originally posted by wjoey
You hit the nail on the head when considering yourself and your group !!!!
that's true joey. we got lost in 50s60s70s and haven't revolved to 21 century. bunch old pot heads.. your the oldest old coot on hear!!

Old Post 01-17-2019 03:49 PM
CHEWBACH is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CHEWBACH Click here to Send CHEWBACH a Private Message Find more posts by CHEWBACH Add CHEWBACH to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CHEWBACH
UKC Forum Member

off hear gonna go over to facebook where the smarter folk are..

Old Post 01-17-2019 03:52 PM
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Mr Conkey, you have to be careful. Some people have no sense of humor.

Old Post 01-17-2019 04:20 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

I have had Facebook about three months all I see is 2+ yr old dogs for sale and it always says no papers what's up with that ?

Maybe I ain't got the right links lol.

Tar

Old Post 01-17-2019 04:37 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

What got me to thinking about Facebook this morning was more than some talk about dogs. A couple days ago a Man started making encounters with Women in a certain area of town. People on Facebook for two days chimed in and said they had some of the same encounters with a Man that fit the description. It took two days of talking about this person on Facebook before anyone realized or even mentioned calling the police. They were seriously talking about using caution and sharing what this guy looked like. When if the first person that encountered him had went to the police it would have been ended. To me it speaks of the power Facebook has in our lives which is too much and we gave it to them.

Old Post 01-17-2019 04:47 PM
kybufford
UKC Forum Member

how many coon dogs you bought for $200-$300 that sound as good as they do on facebook? None and most of them dont want to take you hunting they get mad when you wont take thier word for it. Im on both ukc and facebook good and bad both ways.

God only knows who we'd be without soldiers and Jesus.

Rack'em Up Willy pup
--County Line's Rammy(Rambo)

Black and Tans
TREE BANGIN White Boy
*UKC win Friday night Red Bone days 2021
BnT TREE BANGIN BUFFORD the start of it all

Old Post 01-17-2019 04:52 PM
kybufford is offline Click Here to See the Profile for kybufford Click here to Send kybufford a Private Message Click Here to Email kybufford Find more posts by kybufford Add kybufford to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shadinc
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by wjoey
The fact is that if your new and wanting correct answers to training a pup there is a lot more knowledge on here than Facebook, As far as your suggestion that they are smarter is a kick in the face to some of us that dont do Facebook. If you want to question my computer skills you may want to look around and find the websites that I have developed, You may also like to know that I wrote script for a long time until I got boarded with it , My IQ is off the charts in computer skills and coon hunting I'm bored with that too , I do however like a good argument and you have gotten me riled up this morning . if I were a moderator Id ban you for such a false statement Have a great day Bruce!!!
You might need to get your sarcasm recognition skills up to your IQ and computer skills.

Old Post 01-17-2019 04:53 PM
shadinc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shadinc Click here to Send shadinc a Private Message Click Here to Email shadinc Find more posts by shadinc Add shadinc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shadinc
UKC Forum Member

Re: Facebook vs UKC Message Board.

quote:
Originally posted by Bruce m. Conkey

Bruce, Have you ever looked on Coon Trader on Facebook? There are hundreds of dogs for $100 that hunt out 1000 yards and tree their own coon. Mostly in Kentucky.

Old Post 01-17-2019 05:01 PM
shadinc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shadinc Click here to Send shadinc a Private Message Click Here to Email shadinc Find more posts by shadinc Add shadinc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
kyhunter50
UKC Forum Member

Facebook

Lot of good hunting groups on facebook,not much different than on here.

Old Post 01-17-2019 05:17 PM
kyhunter50 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for kyhunter50 Click here to Send kyhunter50 a Private Message Find more posts by kyhunter50 Add kyhunter50 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
wjoey
Banned

Dang I just wanted to argue 😁😁😁

He is a coon dog!

SMART LITTLE LEGEND
ETCHA CHAMPION
HCHA CHAMPION

DAM GR NT HUTCHINS SUGAR

Old Post 01-17-2019 05:47 PM