UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Wondering what to do
Pages (6): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Oh my goodness Joe, they make a hunting pill. It is called Prozac. Or you could get some meth. I bet that there is plenty down there. You would be going all night long. The only problem would be quitting when it got daylight. According to the TV and my wife, there is a pill for everything these days.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 11-24-2018 05:08 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkinriver
UKC Forum Member

There is a pill for everything but take time to read the side effects.Think I'll stick with the low Wantoo.

Old Post 11-24-2018 06:05 PM
yadkinriver is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkinriver Click here to Send yadkinriver a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkinriver Visit yadkinriver's homepage! Find more posts by yadkinriver Add yadkinriver to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkinriver
UKC Forum Member

And next year you may qualify for a class action lawsuit

Old Post 11-24-2018 06:06 PM
yadkinriver is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkinriver Click here to Send yadkinriver a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkinriver Visit yadkinriver's homepage! Find more posts by yadkinriver Add yadkinriver to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Joe Wilbanks

Unfortunately, there are no magic pills. We are just coming to terms with all the various aches and pains we have these days. It has become easier for us to put off doing the things that highlight our aches and pains. Mentally we think we are just as tough as we ever were physically, we know we aren't. Like everything worth having, it is not easy, like getting physically fit, it takes a lot more hard work that it used to take and we don't like the process very much as we age . We all need a buddy that pushes us hard enough to get physically fit and stay that way. Physical fitness is as important as mental fitness! Dave

Last edited by Dave Richards on 11-24-2018 at 08:07 PM

Old Post 11-24-2018 08:01 PM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Redneck Mafia
UKC Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Richard Lambert
According to the TV and my wife, there is a pill for everything these days.

TMI!

"TEAM MAFIA"
*NATIONAL GRNITECH GRCH GRNITECH(5) HALL OF FAME PKC PLATIUM CH REDNECK BACKWOODS SHACK
2014 OK STATE CH, 2015 MO PKC LEADER, 2016 PKC NATIONALS SEMIFINALIST, 2016 UKC TOP 20, 2O17 UKC WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 3RD PLACE, 2018 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4, 2018 MO PKC STATE CHAMPION, 2019 AUTUMN OAKS NATIONAL GRNITE CH, 2019 PKC WORLD CH SEMIFINALIST. 2021 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4.
*PKC WORLD CHAMPION PLATNIUM CHAMPION GRNITECH SHACK'S HEATHER ISLAND SOUTHERN STOGIE
2021 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2022 PKC WORLD CHAMPION, 2022 MO PKC STATE LEADER PRO SPORT TRUCK WINNER

RIP
*GRNITECH PKC SCH REDNECK MAFIA PKC HALL OF FAME REPRODUCER INDUCTED 2022
*GRNITECH CH PKC SILVER CH REDNECK SHACK ATTACK aka TAC 2018 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2020 MO PKC STATE LEADER

Old Post 11-24-2018 08:34 PM
Redneck Mafia is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Redneck Mafia Click here to Send Redneck Mafia a Private Message Click Here to Email Redneck Mafia Find more posts by Redneck Mafia Add Redneck Mafia to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Roy Grant
UKC Forum Member

I will have excuse for a couple of days, 60 today blizzard 2morrrow. Love Illinois.

Old Post 11-24-2018 10:03 PM
Roy Grant is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Roy Grant Click here to Send Roy Grant a Private Message Click Here to Email Roy Grant Find more posts by Roy Grant Add Roy Grant to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Roy Grant

Rain and fog, thank the Lord. Lol. Dave

Old Post 11-24-2018 10:36 PM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
gcblues
UKC Forum Member

Wondering what to do

Don’t feel like hunting . “Thyroid”

Old Post 11-25-2018 12:11 AM
gcblues is offline Click Here to See the Profile for gcblues Click here to Send gcblues a Private Message Find more posts by gcblues Add gcblues to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
wjoey
Banned

Re: Roy Grant

quote:
Originally posted by Dave Richards
Rain and fog, thank the Lord. Lol. Dave
ROFLMAO
I was going till I saw a little fog then it was oh boy going to bed early again

UKC PREFORMANCE SIRE Nt ch pkc ch BAM BAM The only one out of WORLD CH BIG D X GRNT SKIPPERS UMFORGIVEN SAIGE she has 21 pups 4nt ch 5 grnt ch thats 42.85%
He is a coon dog!
Nt ch ch Insane Minnie MouseInsane cain x Malden Branch Mouse

HOME OF 2 TIME AQHA HORSE OF THE YEAR
World champion working cow horse snaffle bit
SMART LITTLE LEGEND
ETCHA CHAMPION
HCHA CHAMPION
Top 16 NCHA WORLD Champion
Home of GHSRA All Around Cowboy Champion Chris wilbanks

Jerico Rebel our Movie star horse hes been in three films now 35 years old
Just passed away February 4th 2016

MY OLD DOGS GONE BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN
The one I will allways miss now deceased 01/09/2013
GR CH GRAND NT CH Handosme Trudy
SIRE PKC WLD CH GR NT WHATS UP DOC
DAM GR NT HUTCHINS SUGAR

GRCH GR NT CH COBBLER CREEK WENDY
GR NT STYLISH TUFF - WENDY X STYLISH LIPPER
GR NT STYLISH TACK - WENDY X STYLISH LIPPER

NT CH SOUTHERN STYLE - JP'S HIGH STYLE X HOUSES LADY

Old Post 11-25-2018 01:53 AM
wjoey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for wjoey Click here to Send wjoey a Private Message Find more posts by wjoey Add wjoey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Joe Wilbanks

See what I mean, I USED to hunt in the rain and fog, not anymore. Lol. I remember more than once treeing in fog so thick that you could not shine the tree, then the wind would blow the fog away and we would shoot the coon out. I was tougher in those days, now I use the rain or fog as an excuse for staying home, it's better than admitting I am just old and out of shape. Lol. Dave

Old Post 11-25-2018 02:27 AM
swamp1
Banned

To much Water

And one of my hunting partners saw a 🐍 runover today. Deer hunters and the list goes on and on. Load them dogs!

Old Post 11-25-2018 02:47 AM
swamp1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for swamp1 Click here to Send swamp1 a Private Message Find more posts by swamp1 Add swamp1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Swamp1

You got it right, some of us are using every excuse in the book and then some NOT to go hunting. Sadly I remember it being the other way around, I USED every excuse I could think of To Go Hunting. Old age is starting to suck, those sweets are tasty, but those pounds makes one lazy.......... Dang it, I guess I am just lazy these days. Lol. Dave

Old Post 11-25-2018 03:44 AM
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Fog was bad tonight. I made 2 tall trees and could only see halfway up them. I don't know what you old guys are whining about.

Old Post 11-25-2018 04:40 AM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
gcblues
UKC Forum Member

Tuff night

I’m no youngster either (58) but I will say that some of the most memorable hunts I’ve been on were the toughest on dog and hunter. Mostly hunter . I’m in Florida and we went last night despite it drixxling rain. We turned out in what we call the bottom . It used to be a nice oak hammock about 1/2 mile wide . It’s since been wiped out and is just saw grass , briars and cut over with mud and fallen trees down to a creek bottom that’s splits our property with another lease . We cut the dogs expecting a quick tree . Didn’t happen they hit the creek bottom and went a good ways and pushed out into the cut over and treed .we drove around closer . While driving around through gumbo mud through a pine row my truck grabbed some traction and put me into a small pine tree .bent my bumper and fender so my tire scrubs in a corner . FUN. We cut and chopped our way to the dogs treed to find them on a big hollow snag .FUN. We walked the dogs a short way and cut them again . The dogs again went a long way but split . After awhile I drove around as close as I could get to two of them . I was still 800 yards of pure torture from them . It’s poring rain now . I’m able to holler and tone my hound out . The other wouldn’t budge. My buddies dog is now .65 mile down the creek .we waited and toned for awhile then he gave her the juice for the first time in her life . She froze in that’s spot and wouldn’t move . He has been sick and his endurance isn’t good so myself and a young guy struck out after that hound through some ruff chit . Took us about an hour to get her out of there we walked about 1/2 mile in knee deep cypress filled creek . Finally got her back . While in the bush the young guy dropped his single six somewhere prolly never be found ! First turnout lasted from 8 till 0100 . Soaking wet , wreck truck , lost firearm . Part of it . I’ll add this one to the “remember the time “ list . For some reason I still deep down enjoyed it . Happy hunting ! Go when you can .Wayne

Old Post 11-25-2018 04:44 AM
gcblues is offline Click Here to See the Profile for gcblues Click here to Send gcblues a Private Message Find more posts by gcblues Add gcblues to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Mr. Lambert

Now who is smarter? I sat in a comfortable lazy boy recliner and done some internet coonhunting, I did not get a bit tired, treed 2 in my mind that were found easy [ No fog in my house ] and watched some good college football games. You just might have treed a bear, you really can't say if you could not shine the trees, and I bet you that you got tired going to those 2 trees. Lol. Dave

Old Post 11-25-2018 05:08 AM
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Wayne

Tell your young friend that he might find his gun by using a metal detector and retracing his steps. Hope this helps him find his gun. Dave

Old Post 11-25-2018 05:58 AM
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Re: Wayne

quote:
Tell your young friend that he might find his gun by using a metal detector and retracing his steps. Hope this helps him find his gun. Dave

"Retrace his steps", now that is just mean.
Dave, I would say that I was much smarter. I got out in the woods with my dogs while you just laid up in your recliner. I wasn't toting my rifle so it didn't matter if I could see up in the tree or not. I could see and hear little Bella treeing away at the bottom. I am a man of simple pleasures. Mr Blues, you are right. A bad night in the woods with your hound is better than a good night laid up in your recliner. You are making new memories, not reliving old ones. There will come a time when you get old, fat and lazy and all you can do is lay in your recliner dreaming about when you used to hunt and telling yourself how smart you are for staying home.

Last edited by Richard Lambert on 11-25-2018 at 02:05 PM

Old Post 11-25-2018 02:03 PM
yadkinriver
UKC Forum Member

Hey Dave You gonna let Mr. Lambert get by with calling you old, fat, and lazy? Step on his toes or pull his ponytail. Maybe his is still naturally attached if not youll know when bobby pins go flying.

Old Post 11-25-2018 02:46 PM
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Re: Swamp1

quote:
....but those pounds makes one lazy.......... Dang it, I guess I am just lazy these days. Lol. Dave

Mr River, I was just agreeing with him. I try to be agreeable.

Old Post 11-25-2018 02:51 PM
yadkinriver
UKC Forum Member

Oh and I gotta agree with Dave on retracing your steps to find the pistol. Especially if you came out the same way you went in thru a mess like that a decent woodsman should be able to follow the trail made. If not why not use that old high dollar garmin? Shouldn't be too hard to do.

Old Post 11-25-2018 02:53 PM
yadkinriver
UKC Forum Member

Excuse me Mr. Lambert. I didn't realize you were so agreeable.
On a different note, whatever became of the bobtailed pup? It was odd to be such a nice pup.

Old Post 11-25-2018 02:58 PM
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

She is hanging out in my backyard pitching a fit to go hunting. My wife has "claimed" her and won't let me take her.

Old Post 11-25-2018 03:00 PM
swamp1
Banned

Yadkin River

Is right, use that garmin. Have used it to find cellphone and other stuff numerous times. Now, one time I was in a competition hunt with a hired professional hunter and he lost his 320 in water running to a tree with me in hot pursuit. The competition was fast and furious.We had a good discussion at the tree. We looked it for a good while with no luck finding it. Then him and his buddy judge came to the conclusion that I had his garmin, somehow, real fun I tell ya. We walked a ways getting ready to cut dogs again. I turned and told judge, I'm withdrawing. He said,youre leading the cast, why? Anyway, I watched that young guy hand ole pro a beating that last turn loose. I called that before they turned loose.

Old Post 11-25-2018 04:17 PM
swamp1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for swamp1 Click here to Send swamp1 a Private Message Find more posts by swamp1 Add swamp1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
croatankid
UKC Forum Member

I will go if it's just drizzling and if it looks like rain. I found that many times it doesn't rain and I have a good night out. It's worth the gamble. The dogs don't care if it's lightly raining. They get their exercise, they love it, and if they don't strike, I just ride in the truck. Just about anything is better than staying at home.

Old Post 11-25-2018 04:22 PM
croatankid is offline Click Here to See the Profile for croatankid Click here to Send croatankid a Private Message Click Here to Email croatankid Find more posts by croatankid Add croatankid to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Reuben
UKC Forum Member

Life is Like a Homerun

back as a youngster I read an article where someone said life is like a homerun...he was saying when we hit the ball it climbs for a good while...and then it levels off for a while and then it gradually falls for a short while...and then it starts declining rather swiftly...I been trying to catch a tail wind but it doesn't seem to be working...

Mr. Joe I hope you get to feeling lots better...

Old Post 11-25-2018 07:18 PM
Reuben is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Reuben Click here to Send Reuben a Private Message Click Here to Email Reuben Find more posts by Reuben Add Reuben to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote