UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > How many of you all hunt solo?
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
James Garrison
UKC Forum Member

If I had to hunt by myself I would quit. Every once in a blue moon I will take a dog by itself just to make sure it can and will tree one by its lonesome. Ive had alot of dogs in 50 years and believe this or not the one Gr. NT. Ch. that would hold more pressure on a treed coon all by himself was never not one time ever hunted by himself. If they are to be a good dog its in their genes. Hunting with men of like mind is where all the fun is and enjoyment. Telling jokes, teasing about politics, telling family stories, making fun of each other and your dogs, ect and on and on. No you fellers that like to walk around out in the woods by yourself at night I feel a little sorry for you, you dont know how to enjoy this sport.

Gr. Nt. Ch. Garrisons Brindle Hobo
Gr. Nt. Ch. Garrisons Brindle Luke
Gr. Nt. Ch. Garrisons Brindle Honey
Nite Ch. Garrisons Brindle Lead Nite Ch. Garrisons Brindle Belle
Nite Champion Garrisons Brindle Buckshot HTX
At Stud Grand Nite Ch. Garrisons Brindle Trax

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 03-24-2017 08:54 PM
James Garrison is offline Click Here to See the Profile for James Garrison Click here to Send James Garrison a Private Message Click Here to Email James Garrison Find more posts by James Garrison Add James Garrison to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rmcmillan
UKC Forum Member

I DO UNTIL I ARGUE WITH MYSELF THEN I GO HOME.

Nt.Ch. Gr.Ch. Gr.WCh. Pr. McMillans Blue Crystal
Ntch. GrCh. Pr. McMillans Blue Magic
Gr.Nt.Ch. Pr. McMillans Blue Hawk
Nt. Ch. Pr. McMillans Blue Rage
all are gone now but will NEVER BE FORGOTTEN

CH. PR. MCMILLANS TREE ROCKIN BRANDY
CH. PR. MCMILLANS MIDNITES STINGIN SADIE

Old Post 03-24-2017 09:02 PM
rmcmillan is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rmcmillan Click here to Send rmcmillan a Private Message Find more posts by rmcmillan Add rmcmillan to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
msinc
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by James Garrison
...........you dont know how to enjoy this sport.

Wait a minute now....I didn't say I cant find the sour mash when I get home!!!!!

Old Post 03-24-2017 09:32 PM
msinc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for msinc Click here to Send msinc a Private Message Click Here to Email msinc Find more posts by msinc Add msinc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CHEWBACH
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by James Garrison
If I had to hunt by myself I would quit. Every once in a blue moon I will take a dog by itself just to make sure it can and will tree one by its lonesome. Ive had alot of dogs in 50 years and believe this or not the one Gr. NT. Ch. that would hold more pressure on a treed coon all by himself was never not one time ever hunted by himself. If they are to be a good dog its in their genes. Hunting with men of like mind is where all the fun is and enjoyment. Telling jokes, teasing about politics, telling family stories, making fun of each other and your dogs, ect and on and on. No you fellers that like to walk around out in the woods by yourself at night I feel a little sorry for you, you dont know how to enjoy this sport.
And also i am not scared of the dark!!to be alone!! altho there is a boggie man!!lol

Old Post 03-25-2017 01:12 AM
CHEWBACH is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CHEWBACH Click here to Send CHEWBACH a Private Message Find more posts by CHEWBACH Add CHEWBACH to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CHEWBACH
UKC Forum Member

lol

and i have enjoyed it for 55 plus yrs!!!

Old Post 03-25-2017 01:13 AM
CHEWBACH is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CHEWBACH Click here to Send CHEWBACH a Private Message Find more posts by CHEWBACH Add CHEWBACH to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jacoblipford
UKC Forum Member

I do with a 6 month old son and I spend one to 2 nights a week on the road i dont get to go till 10 and everyone is heading home by then,i dont have to be up at no certain time so it works for me. On the weekends I'll hunt with a couple people but not often.

Old Post 03-25-2017 02:50 AM
jacoblipford is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jacoblipford Click here to Send jacoblipford a Private Message Click Here to Email jacoblipford Find more posts by jacoblipford Add jacoblipford to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Chuck Allen
UKC Forum Member

I hunt about 75% of the time by myself usually about 3-4 dogs but when i go with others we will have 3-6 dogs depending on terrain and weather.

When the law of the land becomes unjust outlaws will rise to take their place in history.

Old Post 03-25-2017 03:57 AM
Chuck Allen is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Chuck Allen Click here to Send Chuck Allen a Private Message Find more posts by Chuck Allen Add Chuck Allen to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote