UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > UKC Free Classifieds > Coonhound Classifieds > Blueticks: Stud Dog and Kennel Promotion > Ohio Valley Bluetick Kennel
Pages (23): « First ... « 19 20 [21] 22 23 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
ov_blues
UKC Forum Member

Thanks Dave. The whole structure is 60 x 30 and we plan on having 20 kennel runs. When we get it completed we plan on offering some basic training for pups and young dogs to the public. Like we talked about before, not everyone has the time to teach pups the basics and also have 500 acres at their back door to be able to give pups time to explore and learn to navigate the woods. We are planning on having the runs built in a month or so. We just have to figure out a little more of the material list so we can get parts ordered and then go to building the kennels.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 02-10-2016 02:27 PM
ov_blues is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ov_blues Click here to Send ov_blues a Private Message Click Here to Email ov_blues Find more posts by ov_blues Add ov_blues to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ov_blues
UKC Forum Member

Bittersweet moment

Yesterday Mike Elberfeld, John Spires and his son came to my new home and we finished getting the doors on the seven new kennels. I went over to my old home place on Laurel Cliff, which I had bought after my Dad passed away, and got the remaining dogs there. Later I went back over to Laurel Cliff to get some dog boxes, buckets, pans, etc. When I got out of the truck I was met with the strangest sound there that I had ever heard, SILENCE. For over 50 years there were Bluetick coon hounds sounding off in that holler when someone pulled up. I am so happy and looking forward to be moving on with life with my wife in the holler that we now live in but the holler at Laurel Cliff will never sound the same again.

Old Post 03-15-2016 07:50 PM
ov_blues is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ov_blues Click here to Send ov_blues a Private Message Click Here to Email ov_blues Find more posts by ov_blues Add ov_blues to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ov_blues
UKC Forum Member

The Hounds are adjusted to their new residence. Sure is a lot easier now with all of my hounds in one place and the new kennels are a blessing. Been hunting more now that I'm not spread out as thin and have been enjoying some good hunts. Been hunting Snapper mainly along with some of my other dogs. I've looked up 10 trees recently with Snapper and have seen 12 coon. There are things about her that I would change but her accuracy isn't one of them. lol. Dual Grand Niangua River Mad Dog Ranger HTX is healthy and happy and still standing at stud here at our kennel. I like the energy and go in his pups from what I have seen so far and getting great reports on his pups from other bloodlines as well.

Old Post 04-20-2016 04:42 PM
david woofter
UKC Forum Member

KENNELS

John I am happy for you that you got your new Kennels and are enjoying life. Good luck to Karen,You,and your hounds. Dave

Old Post 04-28-2016 01:45 AM
david woofter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for david woofter Click here to Send david woofter a Private Message Click Here to Email david woofter Find more posts by david woofter Add david woofter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ov_blues
UKC Forum Member

Thanks Dave. Life is good!

Old Post 04-28-2016 03:46 PM
ov_blues
UKC Forum Member

We bred Dual Grand Ranger to Ch Ohio Valley Blue Sassafras last night. Hoping for a healthy litter of pups in a couple of months. Should be some of the right kind come from the litter if all works out like it is suppose to.

Old Post 07-20-2016 02:05 PM
ov_blues
UKC Forum Member

Oscar T getting wooded last night. He is a 13 month old male out of Ranger and Lexy. I like his actions real well. He is a go getter, has brains, a good mouth, speed, and he likes to get wooded. Plus he's not too bad to look at either.

Old Post 09-14-2016 10:54 PM
ov_blues
UKC Forum Member

Thinking about making this cross

---------------Gr Nt Northern Blue Levi
------------Gr Nt Ch Northern Blue Bingo
---------------Mead's Blue Bell
---------Gr Nt Bingos NB Dancer
---------------Gr Nt Ch Ron's Hoosier CC Sam
------------Nt Oswalt's Mighty Blue Mae Belle
---------------Nt Ch Hollow log Maggie Mae
------Gr Nt Ch Nashoba Valley Piazon
---------------Gr Nt Ch Russ Treein Blue Luke
------------Gr Nt Ch Coz Sparetime Spanky
---------------Junkyard Blue Peg
---------Sheppard's Northern Blue Brook
---------------GR Nt Ch Northern Blue Levi
------------Sheppard's NB Betsy III
---------------Sheppards NB Betsy II
---Ch Gr Nt Ch PKC Ch Silcoxs Mtn Northern Blue Ike
---------------Nt Ch Smokey River JBS Cheif
------------FC Gr Nt Ch Gr Ch Vining Runnin Bullet
---------------Gr Nt Ch Ch Smokey River Crazys Blue Fly
---------Gr Nt Ch Bullets Running Rattler
---------------Gr Nt Ch Northern Blue Jet V
------------Turkey Creek Mandy II
---------------Nt Ch Turkey Creek Mandy
------Gr.Nt.Ch. 'PR' Rattlers Blue Sky
---------------Nt Ch Gr Ch Northern Blue Hammer XVII
------------Gr Nt Ch NB Hammer XVIII
---------------Ch Northern Blue Missy Ann
---------Nt Ch Foley's Hammering Sable
---------------Gr Nt Ch Northern Blue JetV
------------Nt Ch Rednecks Treeing Casey
---------------Mason’s Blue Stinger
Possible cross
---------------Ch Gr Nt Ch Slife's Blue Rambo
------------Gr Nt Ch Gr Ch Smiley's Blue Rambo II
---------------Ch Gr Nt Ch Smiley's Misti Blue
---------Gr Nt Ch Gr Ch Clear River Diamond Jim
---------------Smokey River Blue Spud
------------Gr Nt Ch Clear River Curlee
---------------Nt Ch Smokey River Be's Blue Jean
------GrCh Gr Nt Ch Clear River Blue Diamond Jimmy HTX2
---------------Nt Ch Smokey River JBS Cheif
------------Ch Gr Nt Ch Smokey River Chiefs Bl Dancer
----------------Harlin's OK Blu Punkin
---------Nt Ch Clear River Blue Slammer
----------------Gr Ch Oklahoma Hard Rock
------------Ch Gr Nt Ch Hefley's Bros KC
---------------Hefley's Bros. May
---Ohio Valley Blue Little Snap
---------------Nt Ch Ch Georgia Blue Abe
------------Gr Nt Ch B&D's Mr. Blue
---------------Georgia Blue Britches
---------Ch Gr Nt Ch B&D's Blue Spike
---------------Gr Nt Ch Kirby's Blue Spike
------------Gr Nt Ch Ferris' Blue Kelly
---------------Nt Ch Ch Recker's Turtle Cr Bobbie
------Gr Nt Ch Clearfork Wild-N-Blue Snap HTX
---------------Gr Nt Ch Coz' Spare Time Spanky
------------Gr Nt Ch Manns' Wild-N-Blue Spanky
---------------Neibarger's Dixie Blue
---------NGRNC Gr Nt Ch Wild-N-Blue Lou
---------------Blueboy Dan
------------Nt Ch Kankakee River Jitney Blue
---------------Havious' Blue Indiana Kandi

Old Post 10-07-2016 06:16 PM
ov_blues
UKC Forum Member

I sold Max to Justin Adkins in Kermit WV last year. Justin hasn't been able to hunt like he has wanted to and Max isn't hunting wide enough for the mountains so he isn't suiting Justin. I have Max at my house now and if anyone is interested in him Justin will sell him. Max isn't lazy, he stays busy but hunts anywhere from 200 to 600 yards in circles the way that you head him generally. Straight as they come, not a mean hair on him and he is a dog that can tree a lot of coon. He earned his HTX in 3 hunts. His fault is that he will chew on the trees but a person could get a lot of enjoyment out of him and use him to get young dogs going. Max turned 6 years old in September. Justin's phone number is 304-962-3065.

------------Ch Gr Nt Ch Slife's Blue Rambo
---------Gr Nt Ch Gr Ch Smiley's Blue Rambo II
------------Ch Gr Nt Ch Smiley's Misti Blue
------Gr Nt Ch Gr Ch Clear River Diamond Jim
------------Smokey River Blue Spud
---------Gr Nt Ch Clear River Curlee
------------Nt Ch Smokey River Be's Blue Jean
---Gr Ch Gr Nt Ch Clear River Blue Diamond Jimmy HTX2
------------Nt Ch Smokey River JBS Cheif
---------Ch Gr Nt Ch Smokey River Chiefs Bl Dancer
------------Harlin's Ok Blu Punkin
------Nt Ch Clear River Blue Slammer
------------Gr Ch Oklahoma Hard Rock
---------Ch Gr Nt Ch Hefley's Bros KC
------------Hefley's Bros. May
Ch Nt Ch Douglas' Maxamillion HTX
------------Nt Ch Smokey River Chief's Chief II
---------Gr Nt Ch Mighty Blue Jake
------------Mighty Blue Glenda II
------Gr Ch Gr Nt Ch Tangi River Blue Easy
------------Gr Nt Ch Coz' Spare Time Spanky
---------Ch Nt Ch Tucker's Hammering Bl Frankie
------------Mighty Blue Glenda II
---Gr Ch Gr Nt Ch Smokey River Git'R'Done Maxy HTX2
------------Gr Nt Ch Gr Ch Clear River Diamond Jim
---------Gr Ch Gr Nt Ch Clear River Diamond Jim II
------------Nt Ch Clear River Blue Slammer
------Nt Ch Martin's Mighty Blue Raven
------------GrCh GrNtCh Smokey River Jeans Blue Tramp
---------Ch Mighty Blue Bobby Sue
------------Bushy Cr Bl Sue II

Ch Nt Ch Douglas' Maxamillion HTX

Old Post 11-12-2016 07:19 PM
David R. Smith
UKC Forum Member

just checking in

Its kinda different this season not hunting Ohio and with you. Its still been fun hunting with my walker enemy. Never a dull moment while we are in the woods. Our pups have shown the good, the bad, and the ugly since season has came in. Hopefully with some more tweeking and wood time the blues and the walker young dogs will shine through.
Hopefully someone will enjoy hunting Max. The pups off of him and the Sadie female are all showing many of the same traits. All have plenty of drive, nose, mouth, and seem to be gritty. All seem to be slow about being intense on tree power. One male is starting to turn the crank pretty good. I stood in my yard the other night and heard him treed about a mile off. No mistaking him when hes spitting them out. I have a female that Im liking more each night out. They are still young and this is their first kill season. If all goes well by spring time some of them will show up in some competition hunts.
Good luck on your projects. Havent been on here for a good while and thought id ramsack your post. See ya buddy

Old Post 11-16-2016 12:53 AM
David R. Smith is offline Click Here to See the Profile for David R. Smith Click here to Send David R. Smith a Private Message Click Here to Email David R. Smith Find more posts by David R. Smith Add David R. Smith to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
David R. Smith
UKC Forum Member

just checking in

Its kinda different this season not hunting Ohio and with you. Its still been fun hunting with my walker enemy. Never a dull moment while we are in the woods. Our pups have shown the good, the bad, and the ugly since season has came in. Hopefully with some more tweeking and wood time the blues and the walker young dogs will shine through.
Hopefully someone will enjoy hunting Max. The pups off of him and the Sadie female are all showing many of the same traits. All have plenty of drive, nose, mouth, and seem to be gritty. All seem to be slow about being intense on tree power. One male is starting to turn the crank pretty good. I stood in my yard the other night and heard him treed about a mile off. No mistaking him when hes spitting them out. I have a female that Im liking more each night out. They are still young and this is their first kill season. If all goes well by spring time some of them will show up in some competition hunts.
Good luck on your projects. Havent been on here for a good while and thought id ramsack your post. See ya buddy

Old Post 11-16-2016 12:53 AM
David R. Smith is offline Click Here to See the Profile for David R. Smith Click here to Send David R. Smith a Private Message Click Here to Email David R. Smith Find more posts by David R. Smith Add David R. Smith to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ov_blues
UKC Forum Member

David

Good to hear that you are getting the young dogs in the brush. I'm working on a couple and just trying to enjoy hunting some. Had Max at the kennels for a little while and enjoyed treeing a few more coon with him before he went to Maryland. Justin sold him to Joe Conner in Maryland and I'm sure he will be used to produce some more nice pups. I've been taking Ranger some with the young dogs too and he is still treeing coon and still doesn't have any come back in him. lol.

Old Post 12-03-2016 03:39 PM
ov_blues
UKC Forum Member

Merry Christmas to all my friends and fellow houndsman! Thank you God for sending your Son to us so that we have the chance of eternal salvation. Blessed be the name of Jesus!!!

Old Post 12-24-2016 06:25 PM
david woofter
UKC Forum Member

John And Karen wishing you the best 2017.

Well Said John. Amen. Dave

Old Post 12-27-2016 02:53 AM
david woofter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for david woofter Click here to Send david woofter a Private Message Click Here to Email david woofter Find more posts by david woofter Add david woofter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ov_blues
UKC Forum Member

I haven't hunted as hard this season as I would have liked to but still treeing some coon with Ranger, Oscar ( a year and a half old male out of Ranger) and Snapper. Austin Bailey has been hunting my Crystal female for me and Donavan Richmond has been hunting Crystal's sister, Lexy. Ended up in 3rd place overall for the year in the pound hunts this year and Ranger has shown me that a 10 year old can still get it done and hang with the younger ones. Hoping to hit some hunts this spring and try to get some of these females of mine titled in the hunts if I can stand the hunts that long. lol. Best of luck to all of my friends and fellow bluetickers this year with their hounds.

Old Post 01-27-2017 11:30 PM
ov_blues
UKC Forum Member

If the plan comes together this cross will happen this spring

------------GR.NT.Ch. Double Springs Echo
---------GR.NT.CH. Double Springs Echo II( HSB at UKC World hunt)
------------Caney Blue Amy
------GR.NT.CH. Double Springs Bodacious(HSB UKC world 2007
------------Gr.Nt.CH. Razor Ridge Pop A Top
---------GR.NT.Ch. Razor Ridge Pop A Dot
------------GR.NT.CH. GR.CH.Frog Creek Chirper
---GR.NT.CH. Mr. Blue
------------CH.GR.NT.CH.Slife’s Blue Rambo
---------GR.NT.CH.GR.CH. Smiley’s Blue Rambo IIh
------------CH.GR.NT.CH. Smiley’s Misti Blue
------CH.GR.NT.CH. Davis’s White River salin Sadie (HSB Female 2006&7)
------------NT.CH. Smokey River JBS Sheif
---------GR.NT.CH.Davis’s White River Suger(HSBF UKC world hunt 1999)
------------NT.CH.Nixons Wolf CR Pebbles
Cross
------Gr Ch Gr Nt Ch Clear River Blue Diamond Jimmy HTX2
---Ohio Valley Blue Little Snap
------------Gr Nt Ch B&D's Mr. Blue
---------Ch Gr Nt Ch B&D's Blue Spike
------------Gr Nt Ch Ferris' Blue Kelly
------Gr Nt Ch Clearfork Wild-N-Blue Snap HTX

Old Post 02-22-2017 08:30 PM
ov_blues
UKC Forum Member

Snapper and Justin Adkin's Elmer dog out of Turkey Creek Critter

Snapper

Old Post 02-25-2017 07:59 PM
Terry L. Zink
UKC Forum Member

please keep me in mind of any up coming litters

Thanks; terry

Marion, Montana 59925
I SUPPORT THE BLUETICK BIG GAME AND COONHOUND FANCIERS !

Old Post 03-06-2017 01:40 PM
Terry L. Zink is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Terry L. Zink Click here to Send Terry L. Zink a Private Message Click Here to Email Terry L. Zink Find more posts by Terry L. Zink Add Terry L. Zink to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Terry L. Zink
UKC Forum Member

Thanks; terry

Marion, Montana 59925
I SUPPORT THE BLUETICK BIG GAME AND COONHOUND FANCIERS !

Old Post 03-06-2017 01:40 PM
Terry L. Zink is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Terry L. Zink Click here to Send Terry L. Zink a Private Message Click Here to Email Terry L. Zink Find more posts by Terry L. Zink Add Terry L. Zink to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SMOKIN' GUNS
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by ov_blues
Stopped at Dave's Sunday and old Sadie is bigger than a barrel. She is due this Sunday but she didn't look to me like she could hold them in that long.

------GrCh GrNtCh Clear River Blue Diamond Jimmy HTX2
---Ch Nt Ch Douglas' Maxamillion HTX
------------Gr Nt Ch Mighty Blue Jake
---------Gr Ch Gr Nt Ch Tangi River Blue Easy
------------Ch Nt Ch Tucker's Hammering Bl Frankie
------Gr Ch Gr Nt Ch Smokey River Git'R'Done Maxy HTX2
------------Gr Ch Gr Nt Ch Clear River Diamond Jim II
---------Nt Ch Martin's Mighty Blue Raven
------------Ch Mighty Blue Bobby Sue
PUPS DUE THIS WEEK
------------FCh Gr Nt Ch Gr Ch Vining Runnin Bullet
---------Gr Nt Ch Ch Bullet's Runnin' Rattler
------------Ch Turkey Creek Mandy II
------Gr Nt Ch Fouts Smokey River Sarge
------------Nt Ch Ch Triple D's Blue Couch Tatar
---------Gr Nt Ch Gr Ch Foley's Smokey River Blue Joey
------------Nt Ch Smokey River Grover's Blue Fly
---Nt Ch Smith's Powerful Blue Sadie
------------F Ch Gr Nt Ch Gr Ch Vining Runnin Bullet
---------Gr Nt Ch Bullet's Runnin' Rattler
------------Ch Turkey Creek Mandy II
------Gr Nt Ch Fout's Sally
---------Kieslar's Blue Punkin
------------Nt Ch S.R. Chief's Ok Blue Nellie

Is Sadie still alive. How did this cross turn out

'PR' Smokin' Guns Bell's Blue Buck
'PR' Smokin' Guns Boomin Blue Bingo
'PR' Smokin' Guns Lonesome Wrangler
'PR' Smokin' Guns Bell's Blue Cowboy

Old Post 03-10-2017 02:49 PM
SMOKIN' GUNS is offline Click Here to See the Profile for SMOKIN' GUNS Click here to Send SMOKIN' GUNS a Private Message Click Here to Email SMOKIN' GUNS Visit SMOKIN' GUNS's homepage! Find more posts by SMOKIN' GUNS Add SMOKIN' GUNS to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ov_blues
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Terry L. Zink

Thanks; terry

I sure will. I'm hoping to do the Mr. Blue x Snapper cross (shown above in previous post) this spring and also plan on crossing Mr. Blue to my Crystal female as well. They are both nice females that get the job done but I just haven't been into competition hunting for awhile but they do get tested against titled dogs on occasions and you wouldn't know that they weren't and they sure don't either.

------------GR.NT.Ch. Double Springs Echo
---------GR.NT.CH. Double Springs Echo II( HSB at UKC World hunt)
------------Caney Blue Amy
------GR.NT.CH. Double Springs Bodacious(HSB UKC world 2007
------------Gr.Nt.CH. Razor Ridge Pop A Top
---------GR.NT.Ch. Razor Ridge Pop A Dot
------------GR.NT.CH. GR.CH.Frog Creek Chirper
---GR.NT.CH. Mr. Blue
------------CH.GR.NT.CH.Slife’s Blue Rambo
---------GR.NT.CH.GR.CH. Smiley’s Blue Rambo IIh
------------CH.GR.NT.CH. Smiley’s Misti Blue
------CH.GR.NT.CH. Davis’s White River salin Sadie (HSB Female 2006&7)
------------NT.CH. Smokey River JBS Sheif
---------GR.NT.CH.Davis’s White River Suger(HSBF UKC world hunt 1999)
------------NT.CH.Nixons Wolf CR Pebbles
Cross
------Ohio Valley Blue Diamond Jimmy HTX
---Ohio Valley Blue Crystal
------------Ch Gr Nt Ch B&D's Blue Spike
---------Gr Nt Ch B&D's Blue Crook
------------Gr Nt Ch Bissell's Northern Blue Daisy
------Gr Ch B&D's Blue Little Lou

Old Post 03-10-2017 03:57 PM
ov_blues
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by SMOKIN' GUNS
Is Sadie still alive. How did this cross turn out

Sadie had I think 5 or 6 pups and Dave thought she was done having pups but a day or so later he had to take her to the vet as she had some still in her that got stuck and weren't born so he lost those pups and had to have Sadie spayed. I believe the ones that lived are doing good and I know David has one that he Really likes and David is hard to please. He says the gyp he decided to keep out of the litter can really smoke a track and get treed. I'm guessing he will be putting her in the hunts this spring. I haven't hunted with her yet but I know one thing, I sure wouldn't mind looking at her every day as she is one good looking female. She may end up having the total package. I'm going to try to go hunting with David and I'll let you know what I think then.

Old Post 03-10-2017 04:02 PM
ov_blues
UKC Forum Member

At Stud in southeastern Ohio. Dual Grand Niangua River Mad Dog Ranger HTX and Gr Nt Ch Hotr's Mr. Blue. $250 Stud Fee with negative brucellosis test required.

---------GR.NT.CH. Double Springs Echo
------GR.NT.CH. Double Springs Echo II( HSB at UKC World hunt)
---------Caney Blue Amy
---GR.NT.CH. Double Springs Bodacious(HSB UKC world 2007)
---------Gr.NT.CH. Razor Ridge Pop A Top
------GR.NT.Ch. Razor Ridge Pop A Dot
---------GR.NT.CH. GR.CH.Frog Creek Chirper
GR.NT.CH. Hotr's Mr. Blue
---------CH.GR.NT.CH.Slife’s Blue Rambo
------GR.NT.CH.GR.CH. Smiley’s Blue Rambo II
---------CH.GR.NT.CH. Smiley’s Misti Blue
---CH.GR.NT.CH. Davis’s White River salin Sadie (HSB Female 2006&7)
---------NT.CH. Smokey River JBS Cheif
------GR.NT.CH.Davis’s White River Sugar(HSBF UKC world hunt 1999)
---------NT.CH.Nixons Wolf CR Pebbles

Mr Blue

Old Post 06-27-2017 04:51 PM
ov_blues
UKC Forum Member

I'm finally getting back to doing some hunting after a very busy summer but looking forward to the upcoming cool down in the weather. The dogs haven't forgot how to tree a coon and I've had Ranger and Mr. Blue both out during the last cooler stretch and they both can still get in there and get under a coon.

Dave Smith texted me and let me know that he had finished his Jewell female to Grand Night Champion recently. She was out of the cross of Gr Nt Ch Gr Ch Clear River Blue Diamond Jimmy HTX2 and Gr Nt Ch Gr Ch Smokey River Get'R'Done Maxy HTX2. Congratulations David!

Old Post 09-23-2017 04:35 PM
ov_blues
UKC Forum Member

I bred Gr Ch Ohio Valley Blue Mad Dog Beauty to Ranger Tuesday evening and again tonight. Hopefully she will catch and there will be some Mad Dog pups born in a couple of months.

Snapper is in heat now and I'll be trying to breed her to Mr Blue in a few days. That should be an excellent cross as well.

Old Post 10-27-2017 04:21 AM