UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Big Game Hunting > Bobcat ?
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Martin84
UKC Forum Member

Bobcat ?

This is kind of a vague question and I know it varies quite a bit in every situation but ,this is my first year trying to run one ,How far is does a bobcat run it before trees or Bays? And do they usually stay in a certain square mile radius or do they straight line out cross eventually.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 01-25-2017 12:16 AM
Martin84 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Martin84 Click here to Send Martin84 a Private Message Find more posts by Martin84 Add Martin84 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
skyler12spring
New UKC Forum Member

IT ALL DEPENDS, LAST WEEK ONE UP NOT MORE THAN 600 YDS FROM WHERE WE FOUND THE TRACK. 2 NIGHTS AGO 3.4 MILES ONCE IT JUMPED

Old Post 01-25-2017 12:24 AM
skyler12spring is offline Click Here to See the Profile for skyler12spring Click here to Send skyler12spring a Private Message Click Here to Email skyler12spring Find more posts by skyler12spring Add skyler12spring to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
thecoondawg76
UKC Forum Member

A pile of it depends on where you live.

The cats down this way usually run for miles and miles and it isn't unusual to run one all night long at a very quick pace like a deer race before you finally get a shot on it around daybreak. Then if you go out west then it is not unusual to tree em as quick as a long running coon down here or quicker. All depends on where you hunt.

And the closest ones alive to GrNtCh Oklahoma Twister (the #1 reproducing son of Fireball) and GrNtCh Yellow River Rocky (the #2 reproducing son of Fireball) . Thanks to alot of help from my friends.

Handler of:
NtCh GrCh "PR" Dan Langston (Has 2 wins towards GrNtCh in the hunts) ( 10yr old owner asked for me to bring him back to his home) (wouldn't sell) (Ch D8 Dozer (bear hound from all coondog stock, out of my breeding) x NtCh Music/ Kitty) (33% Fireball thru heavy line breeding the highest GrNtCh Fireball blooded hound alive, who is hunt titled )

Home of:
'PR' Atomic Fireball's Harry Lady (GrNtCh. Barnyard Horse Harry x GrCh Daisy (was the highest Fireball blooded female alive)

'PR' Atomic Fireball's Toes ('PR' Atomic Fireball's Fast Talker (nephew to Bookem Danno) x 'PR' Atomic Fireball's Harry Lady

'PR' Atomic Fireball's Little Dixie (NtCh GrCh. 'PR' Dan Langston x 'PR'Harry Lady)

'PR' Atomic Fireball's Two Toes (NtCh GrCh Dan Langston x Atomic Fireball's Toes
Didn't have the deep hunt style I like but is a solid coonhound. Been treeing her own since her second night in the woods at 8 months old.

Former home of:
(Qualified for the 2011 World Hunt) NtCh. 'PR'Swann's Lonesome Red Music/ Kitty RIP (NtCh.Twister's Musical Red Huey x NtCh. Sawblade Red Reckon) RIP

GrNtCh Fireball's Jackpot Jackie, highest placing Redbone female ever, in the UKC World Hunt . RIP

GrCh. 'PR' Atomic Fireball's Little Daisy RIP (Was the highest GrNtCh Fireball blooded female in the world at the time) (Qualified for the 2010 World Show).

'PR' Atomic Fireball's Red River (Daisy x Brown's Oklahoma Twister) RIP (heatstroke)

Ch. D-8 Dozer (Was the Highest blooded GrNtCh Fireball blooded male in the world until I had the GrNtCh Twister pups from here) Was sent to be bear hunted because of his size and me being disabled. RIP

First and only sons of the Old GrNtCh #7 Historical Reproducer Brown's Okl. Twister (the #1 Producing Son of Fireball) in 15 years..

http://atomicfireballkennels.webs.com/
http://forums.ukcdogs.com/showthrea...threadid=341228
Steve Bell

Old Post 02-18-2017 09:02 PM
thecoondawg76 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for thecoondawg76 Click here to Send thecoondawg76 a Private Message Visit thecoondawg76's homepage! Find more posts by thecoondawg76 Add thecoondawg76 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
treedog69
UKC Forum Member

bcat

Depends on cat, full or empty,what kind of tricks he knows,and what kind of dog is trailing him,and what kind of country it's in..,..

Old Post 02-26-2017 05:37 AM
treedog69 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for treedog69 Click here to Send treedog69 a Private Message Find more posts by treedog69 Add treedog69 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote