UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > World Champion Sambo
Should Sam be world champion
This poll is closed.
Yes 200 76.63%
No 61 23.37%
Total: 261 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Pages (8): « First ... « 6 7 [8]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Triple K Kennel
UKC Forum Member

Re: Re: Re: Exactly.....!!!

quote:
Originally posted by Richard Lambert
Oh my goodness, I thought that was exactly what happened at the World Finals. Guide took a tree call from Sambo's handler when Judge was not there and allowed him to handle his dog. It was questioned and MOH allowed it to stand. Am I wrong?

I don't know, But is this what happened ?
Did the Judge allow the Guide to take the Call ?
Tim

Quality, Dependable Coon Lights--Built by a Coonhunter for Coonhunters
==================================
** Superior Lights

** Sunspot Hunting Lights

** Zepp's--Quality Products

** Boss Lights

**Brighteyes Lights

** They Twist it until they start believing it themselves**

Purina Dog Food
** Proven Results **

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Competition Coonhunters and Politicians
** Win anyway you have to & tell everyone what they want to hear **

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 11-18-2017 04:09 PM
Triple K Kennel is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Triple K Kennel Click here to Send Triple K Kennel a Private Message Find more posts by Triple K Kennel Add Triple K Kennel to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
joey
UKC Forum Member

Re: Time.....

quote:
Originally posted by Triple K Kennel
I would think the Judges call will stand, and you can't over rule the Judge but only can question it ?
Let's hear some answers on this.....
Tim

Yes they are over ruled all the time by a majority of the cast. The question that was presented on the time about the zones was not about a cast member it was a non hunting guide.

Everyone needs to realize that what you here on facebook and the message boards are probably missing a lot of information. If this was a simple question of a guide saying there was no time left none of us would have ever even heard about it.

http://www.sunspotlights.com/
When brightness matters!!

Home Of:
PKC Ch, Grch Grnch 2008 Tx state champion They call me Crazy Betty

PKC SCh CH Grnch They call me Howler too

Old Post 11-18-2017 04:11 PM
joey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for joey Click here to Send joey a Private Message Find more posts by joey Add joey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Triple K Kennel
UKC Forum Member

Re: Re: Time.....

quote:
Originally posted by joey
Yes they are over ruled all the time by a majority of the cast. The question that was presented on the time about the zones was not about a cast member it was a non hunting guide.

Everyone needs to realize that what you here on facebook and the message boards are probably missing a lot of information. If this was a simple question of a guide saying there was no time left none of us would have ever even heard about it.

Mike,
So you are saying that you can't believe what you hear on here and FB...?
😁😁😁😁

Quality, Dependable Coon Lights--Built by a Coonhunter for Coonhunters
==================================
** Superior Lights

** Sunspot Hunting Lights

** Zepp's--Quality Products

** Boss Lights

**Brighteyes Lights

** They Twist it until they start believing it themselves**

Purina Dog Food
** Proven Results **

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Competition Coonhunters and Politicians
** Win anyway you have to & tell everyone what they want to hear **

Old Post 11-18-2017 04:28 PM
Triple K Kennel is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Triple K Kennel Click here to Send Triple K Kennel a Private Message Find more posts by Triple K Kennel Add Triple K Kennel to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
blairforce1
UKC Forum Member

Re: Re: Re: Exactly.....!!!

quote:
Originally posted by Richard Lambert
Oh my goodness, I thought that was exactly what happened at the World Finals. Guide took a tree call from Sambo's handler when Judge was not there and allowed him to handle his dog. It was questioned and MOH allowed it to stand. Am I wrong?

This is exactly why I dont understand why this is still an issue. Right / Wrong or indifferent, judge ( represenitive of Ukc) gave authourity to guide ( represenitive of Ukc). And then MOH ( represenitive of UKc) appoved all that happened. So play stands as called on the field. Only people i see could be held accountable would be judge and MOH. If UKC feels they made the wrong decision/s.

Old Post 11-18-2017 04:35 PM
blairforce1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for blairforce1 Click here to Send blairforce1 a Private Message Click Here to Email blairforce1 Find more posts by blairforce1 Add blairforce1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Robert "Rock" Johnson

Rock, my comments were generic and not a true fit for ALL hunts. My bad! I still find it disturbing to see people post comments that the MOH is seldom correct and implying that the judges were crooked or incompetent. Why would anyone ever hunt in any hunt if they truly believed such nonsense. My question to those posting such remarks is How did your dog/s get their titles? Do you honestly think that you were super lucky to get judges and MOH's that never made a mistake in any of the hunts you won? Why do you not complain about the judges/ MOH's when you win a hunt? Why is it that the only ones complaining are the ones that lost? I believe most of us already know the answers. Dave

Last edited by Dave Richards on 11-18-2017 at 10:04 PM

Old Post 11-18-2017 04:50 PM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Re: Re: Re: Re: Exactly.....!!!

quote:
Originally posted by blairforce1
This is exactly why I dont understand why this is still an issue.

There are 2 issues. The one about the tree call came on a cast at the Finals. It was ruled on and allowed to stand by the MOH.

The "situation" that happened at the Zone hunt is the one that is under investigation. It may or may not involve the timekeeping depending on who you talk to. There are several "stories" and that is what UKC is investigating. I am sure that they will let everyone know what they decide to do after they have heard everything. But I don't know if they will let us know what they found out or why they made their decision. I doubt that they will make all of the testimony public.

Now back to my questions...no MOH's want to rule on whether a Judge can delegate authority to another person. Or whether a Judges timekeeping can be questioned and overruled? Where is Jim?

Maybe this is a topic for the next Adviser Column.....

Last edited by Richard Lambert on 11-18-2017 at 05:27 PM

Old Post 11-18-2017 05:19 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MIKE CARDER
UKC Forum Member

Bruce

quote:
Originally posted by Bruce m. Conkey
Guys we have created a monster. Here is whats happening at the hunts. We have our 4-20 dogs hunts that the only benefit is trying to make night champion or grand night out of dogs that are not of the best caliber. Most of the times these hunts are closer to 10 dogs than 20. You have judges trying to scratch handlers for the slightest mistake they make when it means nothing to the outcome of the hunt but they can apply some rule to it so it happens. Then we come on here and bash the one or two guys that know the rules when they try to help. They are JiM, Joey and Rip. Couple others or better good also.

Now we have pressured UKC into doing play by plays and posting up to the minute information of the larger hunts. Yes other kennel clubs do it. But they have a panel in the woods and there are a few judges or a guide that is sent with handlers on split trees. Handing split trees in major hunts is done completely different than in a 4 dog hunt as far as who goes where.

Allen is only ONE MAN and he does an outstanding job for UKC with yesterdays rules.

Like I said in an earlier post. Guys that hunt major hunts have melted the rules together and it works fine until we want to split hairs. Quit splitting hairs and get a coondog.

This board is so far from the reality of what goes on in a hunt and that its painful to see.

PKC can put 300 dogs a night in the woods early and the cast winners late for 4 nights. Then trim that down on the weekend and have very few problems. They put the cast breakdown and the scores of each cast early and winners late. If you want to complain go over there and they will send you packing.

Not comparing the two but UKC does the best it can. I think we should give them a break and some respect. A lot of new hunters cut their teeth on UKC hunts every year. We all talk about how the youth is important. Lets show it and support what UKC does without picking everything apart.

When you introduced the other KC you compared the 2 whether you wanted to or not.

Phone number 270-820-5560

Old Post 11-18-2017 11:04 PM
MIKE CARDER is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MIKE CARDER Click here to Send MIKE CARDER a Private Message Click Here to Email MIKE CARDER Find more posts by MIKE CARDER Add MIKE CARDER to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote